PDA

View Full Version : Swogger vs Terrell

luv
05-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Have we even signed Swogger?

http://winningtheturnoverbattle.blogspot.com/2007/05/getting-to-knowundrafted-free-agents.html

Kansas City: Josh Swogger, Montana and Jeff Terrell, Princeton QBs
With the end of Trent Green's tenure in Kansas City in sight, the #3 QB spot for the future of the franchise is up for grabs. The battle between Swogger and Terrell to be the backup to the backup in KC could be one of the most competitive of all of the rookie mini camp match ups.

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
If the reports are to be believed, they couldnt throw a fit.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 05:47 PM
According to reliable reports, Bowe was getting upset in drills because neither of them were throwing well.

Apparently Swogger was the worst of the two, which upsets me. Primarily because he has the best last name on the team.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Primarily because he has the best last name on the team.
I miss Nate Hobgood-Chittick.

luv
05-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Primarily because he has the best last name on the team.
What about Brad Ekwerekwu?

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 06:01 PM
What about Brad Ekwerekwu?
It doesn't have the swagger of Swogger, but it'll have to do.

Ekwerekwu sounds African to me, like they discovered him living amongst a rare tribe of albino gorillas, who named him "eckwerekwu" -- which would have to translate to "bare pink butt."

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm still going with Hobgood-Chittick. It barely fit on the jersey.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm still going with Hobgood-Chittick. It barely fit on the jersey.
Good lord that was a great name. I miss him.

luv
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
*ahem*

ANYWAY....

How can Swogger even be in the running for third string when he isn't even, technically, on the team?

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
*ahem*

ANYWAY....

How can Swogger even be in the running for third string when he isn't even, technically, on the team?

I sincerely doubt he's in the running luv, he's just a camp arm to take some workload off of the real guys.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
The Chiefs have signed him.

That doesn't mean either he nor Terrell will actually be the third stringer (Casey Printers is still in the mix), but any time you can get competition together for a position on your team, you take the opportunity.

My prediction was that Swogger was going to be our third stringer, but who knows. Might just be wishful thinking.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I sincerely doubt he's in the running luv, he's just a camp arm to take some workload off of the real guys.
Yeah, according to the article Swogger's just a camp arm.

Who knows, though. Cinderella stories like this one would be are occasionally played out.

I do know this, though. If you're an UDFA, or just some guy off the street with a heart, there aren't a lot of better coaches to get a shot with than Herm Edwards. He was an UDFA himself, and his drafts, trade acquisitions, and general personnel preference shows that he loooooves scrappers.

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, according to the article Swogger's just a camp arm.

Who knows, though. Cinderella stories like this one would be are occasionally played out.

I do know this, though. If you're an UDFA, or just some guy off the street with a heart, there aren't a lot of better coaches to get a shot with than Herm Edwards. He was an UDFA himself, and his drafts, trade acquisitions, and general personnel preference shows that he loooooves scrappers.

I've always been a sucker for underdogs & Cinderella stories, like you say, if he's gonna get a fair shake anywhere...its here.

chagrin
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Was Killian that bad that he wasn't even worth the practice squad?

noa
05-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Was Killian that bad that he wasn't even worth the practice squad?

I guess that was our thought at the time. IIRC, Killian is with the Falcons practice squad, so I think that ship has sailed.

TinyEvel
05-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Swogger vs. Terrell? That is like, what's the least of two evils?

That's like, NOT Coke vs. Pespsi, more like Shasta vs. Safeway "Private Select"

I give you the official "who cares" shrug :shrug:

Gool thread, though! Rep. [/homer]

stlchiefs
05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd take TO over Swogger any day.

HMc
05-14-2007, 07:00 AM
im still getting over the release of j. smoker

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 07:08 AM
im still getting over the release of j. smoker

I actually had reason to believe he'd be good, usually if Martz thinks you can play...you can play.

He must have been in poor cardiovascular condition...

kepp
05-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Ekwerekwu sounds African to me, like they discovered him living amongst a rare tribe of albino gorillas, who named him "eckwerekwu" -- which would have to translate to "bare pink butt."
That would fit the reports I've heard of him picking his butt and throwing poop at Bowe during route-running drills.