PDA

View Full Version : Warriors = Exhausted

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
No way anybody watching this second half so far can disagree.

The Warriors aren't even challenging the paint. Baron Davis has been listless. I don't even think he has 10 points yet.

This team's just chucking up threes now with zero threat to do anything else. It doesn't surprise me; they haven't had any help off the bench and it looks like now, finally, finally, my new favorite team in the postseason has run out of gas.

The crowd's not even into the game at this point, despite the fact it's 64-all with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
This game is just a fouling exhibition, too.

Every single person who's seen playing time has whacked somebody.

Jazz
C Boozer, 2
A Kirilenko, 5
D Williams, 2
P Millsap, 4
D Fisher, 4
M Harpring, 3
M Okur, 5
G Giricek, 1
J Collins, 3

Warriors
A Harrington, 3
S Jackson, 4
M Ellis, 1
B Davis, 3
J Richardson, 3
A Biedrins, 3
M Barnes, 4
M Pietrus, 2

71-all, 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

Edit: I'm editing this as the game goes along so I can keep track.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Always trying to prove me wrong, the Warriors are. They go into the fourth quarter now leading 78-75.

Some observations of the game so far:

1. As has been true of the entire series thus far, the Jazz are just getting the easier scoring opportunities. They're going inside just about every time, and they're getting foul shots, layups, and wide open jumpers as a result. The Warriors are just yanking up three after three -- they started driving a little more but even then they're getting hit hard when they're fouled. That has to take a toll.

2. The Warriors seem to have given up on containing Boozer. He racked up too many fouls on them in the first quarter so now they're just letting him do what he wants in the post. They're not sending that much help anymore, they're not even getting in his way when he's got a clear lane. They just figure to let him get his points and do their best to rack up enough threes to outscore him -- truly a return to form to the Hardaway/Mullin Warriors of the '90s.

3. Baron's not a factor just yet in this game. He's not scoring, and he's not that big of a factor on offense. At this point, he's just sucking up attention and allowing his teammates to carry this game. He's not playing poorly -- he hasn't committed that many TOs -- but he's clearly reserved his energy and it may come to play here in the 4th.

4. The Jazz look incredibly sloppy. Lots of bad fouls, lots of TOs, lots of miscommunications on defense. I can expect that from the Warriors but the Jazz know better.

Baconeater
05-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Shhhhhh....no talking during the game.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Kirilenko's gone with his 5th right now.

But Baron Davis just looks tired. He has 4 guys crowding him every time he touches the ball, though, so that's enough to create opportunity after opportunity for his teammates.

83-80, Jazz. 9 minutes left.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:37 PM
There's been like a dozen lead-changes in this game.

Fisher just cans a three to put the Jazz up, 89-87. 6 minutes.

Starting to tense up in the crowd, now. Game's about to finally heat up and get good. It's been pretty tame thus far.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Williams is doing a far better job defending Baron Davis. Davis is not getting much penetration, and he's not getting that many passing lanes because the entire defense is collapsing on him.

Davis misses both FT attempts. Geez.

91-88, Jazz. 4 and a half left.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
GEEZ. Boozer nails an alley oop while getting fouled.

Warriors look terrible.

Boozer's got a FT on the way, Jazz up 97-91. 3 minutes.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
GEEZ. Boozer nails an alley oop while getting fouled.

Warriors look terrible.

Boozer's got a FT on the way, Jazz up 97-91. 3 minutes.

The Warriors look done. They lose this game, it's all over IMO.

Miles
05-13-2007, 10:50 PM
They are not done quite yet.

Miles
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Huge three by Fisher there.

Baconeater
Another dagger by Fisher.

Direckshun
I agree. Fisher keeps canning threes and now they're up nine with two minutes left. It's over.

Warriors are done. They shot their wad in game three.

They've been shooting 59% from the FT line, though. So they hung themselves.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Sad to see them finally go down, but they were not a great team this year. They were a band of ragtags that finally put a good streak together, but you can't keep up that manic energy without help off the bench.

Monta Ellis only started playing well now. The FT shooting's been atrocious. They're getting no second-chance points. They're not hitting open shots. Their shot selection is simply awful.

But they're a historic team, and Don Nelson's a genius.

Baconeater
05-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Nice cheap shot there Davis.

Fruit Ninja
05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Their 6 man rotation got to them. They need more depth, but they are a solid team.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz won game 5 by 20.

Fruit Ninja
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
As long as the Suns lose tomorrow, its all good.

Fruit Ninja
05-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Json did the right thing, dont give them that shit in your house.

ARROW2
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
As long as the Suns lose tomorrow, its all good.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I hate those mofos...............GS? Live by the jumper......die by it....they just had Dallas's number.....nice little story, but it's vacation time for them.................

Mojo Rising
05-14-2007, 01:43 AM
I was rooting for Dallas to lose more than GS to win. Can't stand Cuban.

I understand that America loves an underdog, but, the Warriors are far from likeable.

Stephen Jackson - Involvement in the NBA's most embarassing moment with the fight in the stands. Earlier this year pulls a gun and fires it while exiting a strip club parking lot earlier this year.

Barron Davis - Elbows Derrick Fisher tonight, wines over every call earning T's throughout the playoffs, plays an average of 55 games per year because of nagging injuries, known as a team cancer.

Pietrus - French, doesn't drive to the hoop

Nellie - Runs the equivalent of the Run - N - Shoot. What has he ever won?

Ellis - After being Most Improved Player of The Year he disappeared in crunch time. This forced Davis to play more and we saw the results of a fatigued Davis in game 2 and 4.

Fisher is a good story. With the personal turmoil he is going through with his daughters physical problems he won the series for them. I wish the Warriors wouldn't have thrown all that money at him to luor him from LA.