PDA

View Full Version : Man, I really saw a trainwreck today

Mr. Flopnuts
05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Like a real f*ckin trainwreck. It was crazy. Some pickup truck decided he was gonna race over the tracks to beat this train. Didn't happen. Train hit it and carried it for yards, then the truck continued rolling over and over. Traffic was already bad so naturally people were pulling over, you could hear sirens within seconds. It was nuts. No way the person driving that truck lived. I've never seen anything like it. What's the most shocking thing you have ever personally witnessed?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhQtW-znUvU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhQtW-znUvU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

blueballs
05-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I saw a guy get killed
playing chicken with a train

PastorMikH
05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Have a friend that is an engineer for the local railroad company. He hit a car a few weeks back. Old guy that couldn't hear or see out of his left eye (same side as the train was on) and drove accross the tracks slow. Even though my friend was only going 10 mph, it still took a good 75 feet to get the train stopped. Luckily the guy was ok. Friend told me he's been running trains for 14 years and that was his 7th wreck.

Why aren't people more careful? It's not like the train can swerve to miss you. And think about the weight, a locomotive ways upwards of 220 tons, the cars run anywhere from 120 tons up to 250 tons each loaded, and they can run 100 cars long at times with 2+ engines. There is absolutely no way a big train can stop fast. My friends train wasn't hurt at all, the car was totaled. Cars lose 100% of the time when facing trains - and the wrecks are almost always the cars fault.

ChiefsFire
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Witnessed a guy I worked with when I was in high school get tore up in the pto shaft of a piece of farm equipment...

Stuff ive seen on the job is another thing...

Fly O.T. McWall
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
eek!

Mecca
05-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I saw a guy get shot in the back of the head..........that's far greater than this I tell you.

Phobia
05-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I saw a guy get shot in the back of the head..........that's far greater than this I tell you.I'm never talking crap on you again.

Oh wait, was the guy being shot part of a WWE skit?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm never talking crap on you again.

Yeah, then HHH screwed the guys brains out.

Mecca
05-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm never talking crap on you again.

When I was I believe 18......17-18 something like that, I worked at the Price Chopper off Vivion/North Oak Trafficway..........

Dude robbed the Mercantile bank that is right there.......Not probably 20 yards in front of me in the parking lot, guy comes running out of the bank. Cop in street clothes comes out behind him and blasts him right in the back of the head......legs turn to jello and shit.

Best part is it was hot as hell and they just let that dude lay there on the pavement for a good 6 hours, it stank like hell........and there was a big blood stain in the parking lot for a good 2 weeks.

blueballs
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
the eating babies avatar
makes me scared now

ChiefFan31
05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Have a friend that is an engineer for the local railroad company. He hit a car a few weeks back. Old guy that couldn't hear or see out of his left eye (same side as the train was on) and drove accross the tracks slow. Even though my friend was only going 10 mph, it still took a good 75 feet to get the train stopped. Luckily the guy was ok. Friend told me he's been running trains for 14 years and that was his 7th wreck.

Why aren't people more careful? It's not like the train can swerve to miss you. And think about the weight, a locomotive ways upwards of 220 tons, the cars run anywhere from 120 tons up to 250 tons each loaded, and they can run 100 cars long at times with 2+ engines. There is absolutely no way a big train can stop fast. My friends train wasn't hurt at all, the car was totaled. Cars lose 100% of the time when facing trains - and the wrecks are almost always the cars fault.

Pardon me, but that old man should not have been driving. If your both deaf and blind on one side....Good Grief.

BTW - that reminds me. The picture was bad at the theater I watched SP3 at too. It was really kind of surprising with a movie that had such a huge budget let a crappy copy of the film out to theaters. I remember you asking folks about that in the Spiderman 3 thread.

TinyEvel
05-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Once I was riding my bike to school (college) adn the barriers came down at a RR crossing just as I was approaching it.
I looked down the track and saw the train: a dot in the distance. I clipped out of my pedals, carried my bike around the barrier and across the tracks, and as soon as I put it back on the ground, the train flew past.
It was at that moment that I thanked God for my life and decided I'd NEVER do anything dumb like that again.

People just don't realize how fast those suckers are going...how quickly they get here.

Valiant
05-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Once I was riding my bike to school (college) adn the barriers came down at a RR crossing just as I was approaching it.
I looked down the track and saw the train: a dot in the distance. I clipped out of my pedals, carried my bike around the barrier and across the tracks, and as soon as I put it back on the ground, the train flew past.
It was at that moment that I thanked God for my life and decided I'd NEVER do anything dumb like that again.

People just don't realize how fast those suckers are going...how quickly they get here.

bullet trains get going past 350mph.. Try beating that across the tracks...

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-14-2007, 01:12 AM
When I was I believe 18......17-18 something like that, I worked at the Price Chopper off Vivion/North Oak Trafficway..........

Dude robbed the Mercantile bank that is right there.......Not probably 20 yards in front of me in the parking lot, guy comes running out of the bank. Cop in street clothes comes out behind him and blasts him right in the back of the head......legs turn to jello and shit.

Best part is it was hot as hell and they just let that dude lay there on the pavement for a good 6 hours, it stank like hell........and there was a big blood stain in the parking lot for a good 2 weeks.

Thread over.

Wow....and I used to shop there :Lin:

CoMoChief
05-14-2007, 01:15 AM
My dad used to work for Amtrak as a conductor and I remember going to work with him one time and some dude committed suicide by just jumping in front of the train.

Smed1065
05-14-2007, 02:04 AM
I went to Indy last year for a playoff game.....................................................

Fruit Ninja
05-14-2007, 02:12 AM
When i was a kid, i was driving through San Diego, and i seen some guy go nuts in a hotel room. He shot some dude on the 3rd floor and i seen the body fall over the rail. I was kinda far, but i could still see it. I musta been about 9 years old.

DenverChief
05-14-2007, 05:26 AM
Saw the aftermath of an inmate hanging himself from a shower rod...and got to carry the body on a backboard out of the jail...face to face.... to boot

chagrin
05-14-2007, 06:23 AM
I was on an Amtrak going up the East coast, and we hit a car with tow elderly folks in it. The smoke was flowing through the lounge car, where I was - and I saw a bloody arm hanging out of the back windshield. I was only 13 - pretty rough thing to see at that age. Then the next year I had brain surgery and woke up to a tube in my unit and a tube draining pinkish fluid out of my head for the next 30 days, that was pretty gross too.

ROYC75
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Thread over.

No it isn't ........ Not even close.

I was 21 ,as a volunteer firefighter in the town I grew up in where I was a police officer at the time , we responded to a car accident 3 miles south of town. It was reported that a fire had started and people trapped inside the vehicles. I was at the water plant, 1 mile south of town at the time so Iwas 1st on the scene.....

I got there, a guy an 2 kids were in a pickup. The pickup was burning in the engine area at a rapid pace, it was being fueld by the fuel line. My small fire extinguisher was only enough to cool off the passenger side as another man helped me opened the door to get the kids out.

We couldn't get the man out, hearing a guy scream to death, burning flesh is a lasting memory I will never forget. Too many nightmares in my life about that.

As a 10 year old kid, I saw a pack of 15 motorcylce riders tango with 2 semi trucks..... 6 of them lost there lives that day, righ in front of my eyes as they wrecked, they had just passed us and tried to pass 2 semi trucks back to back.....

CosmicPal
05-14-2007, 09:53 AM
We couldn't get the man out, hearing a guy scream to death, burning flesh is a lasting memory I will never forget. Too many nightmares in my life about that.

You think YOU had nightmares? Imagine the poor kids having to hear their father being burned to death a few feet away from them. Nice job saving the kids, that takes enormous heroism to do what you did- you should be very proud of yourself. But, I can't imagine the nightmares these kids must've endured throughout the course of their lifetime.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Heh. Plenty of nasty Desert Storm experiences.

InChiefsHell
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
When I was a kid, we used to live overseas in Germany and also in Spain. I've seen some wrecks on the Autobahn that were totally grisly, but the worst I ever saw was in Spain.

Ironically, we had just seen a dog get run over by a jeep looking vehicle earlier in the day. I had never seen anything like that, and figured that was about the worst thing I could ever witness...little did I know.

We were driving on the highway and saw a semi truck
pulled over on the opposite side of the road. It was one of those flat faced trucks, and it was totally dented in, like it had hit something head on. About 100 yards or so down the road, we saw what was left of what he hit. They all drive these dinky ass little cars over there. Somehow, this car must have swerved into oncoming traffic and was hit head on by this semi. The car was barely recognizable as a car,a nd the top was sheared off. Not sure if that was the jaws of life or if the thing just came apart. I think it was the latter. The cops were there, and were covering up what was left of the bodies with white sheets (Why do the always use white??). The body I saw was one of the ones not covered yet. I got an entire lesson in human anatomy. The body was pretty much zipped open and I could see the ribs sticking out, the heart and lungs, and my personal favorite, the entrails. My dad tried to tell us not to look, but everyone knows that's impossible...we pulled over a short while later and my dad had us all say a prayer for the accident victims and their families.

I was 10 years old and I will never forget that body. It looked like a movie, except it was real.

afchiefs
05-14-2007, 10:11 AM
We were heading west on I-70 when I saw a bunch of smoke on the east bound lane over the hill. When I crested the hill I saw a semi with his brakes locked up. He was already slowed down to about 20 mph. I dont know how it happened but there was a little car sideway underneath the trailer being pushed along by the trailers wheels. The driver was facing me and was white knuckling the steering wheel and had eyes the size of saucers. I don't think anyone got hurt but I bet the guy had to toss out his shorts.

Fish
05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
So... I'm thinking Italian for lunch....

Frazod
05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I've seen some fairly gruesome aftermath stuff. Worst was some trailer trash moron who ran his old crappy camero (TJ spelling) into the median of a 4 lane highway so fast that he flipped and landed on top of a car in the far lane going the opposite direction. The guy was ejected from the vehicle and landed on the road. He was severely broken (his foot was next to his ear) and blood was bubbling out of his mouth. I assume he died, but I don't know, as I left to call for help.

I've seen a the remnants of three suicides on my train line, but the chunks were (mostly) covered by sheets by the time I saw them.

And there was the eternal gore splatter when some guy got his head blown off in front of my apartment building in Chicago. The cops never bothered to clean up the mess - blood, brains and little bits of skull that froze on the grass and was eventually covered by snow. Lovely.

But the worst thing was probably an overturned stationwagon with a crushed roof I saw once in Wisconsin. Couldn't see bodies, but there was a river of blood flowing out from underneath it from several different spots. Stationwagons generally mean families - that was messed up.

Adept Havelock
05-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I think the worst I've seen was one night stopped around 2-3 AM at Blue Ridge and Bannister. I was stopped at a gas station, and saw a small truck blow through the intersection going at least 60...

It never saw the delivery truck that had the green light. The Pickup ended up wrapped around a light pole, the driver was ejected and I heard the head hit the concrete when it pulped.

:shake:

bdeg
05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I grew up in Shawnee next to a Vietnamese family who lived on the corner of our street. It was a bit of a hairpin turn if you were turning onto our street at that corner depending on which way you were coming from.

Their son was driving his jeep back home drunk one night with a car full of passengers and took it a little too fast around the turn.

He rolled it and it flipped up into the air. Everyone died. My parents wouldn't let me outside until they took the bodies away, but the sidewalk between our houses was stained in blood for a good while.

They were the nicest family, too. :(