PDA

View Full Version : Turk Interview

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/05/13/qa_with_de_claude_turk_mcbride__513/

Q&A with DE CLAUDE "TURK" MCBRIDE - 5/13
May 13, 2007, 4:43:34 PM

ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

Q: How has your first Rookie Mini-Camp been going?

MCBRIDE: Its definitely been going well. I believe that Im picking up on things quite well, its a little hot out here, but Im just learning the routine and trying to get into it.

Q: Do they have you playing all the defensive line positions?

MCBRIDE: Right now we are just going over the right defensive end position, but quite frankly Ill probably be going inside on nickel packages.

Q: Yesterday, after the first workout, WR Dwayne Bowe said that he felt like a freshman. Are there times out here where you have felt like a freshman starting all over again?

MCBRIDE: Oh yeah, definitely. Its a new system, new structure and everything. You definitely have to get used to some new things. Right now Im still confused on over half of the things Ive done out there, so I definitely feel like a freshman at this point.

Q: Is it too inundating or is it a matter of time before this stuff becomes second nature?

MCBRIDE: Its just a matter of time. Weve all played football for a long period of time and its basically xs and os, but just in different terminology. I believe in due time Ill definitely pick it up.

Q: Are you confident youll be able to get everything done and make the team this year?

MCBRIDE: Yes, Im very confident in my athletic ability and what I can do both inside and outside. Im learning the system pretty well so for, so I believe that I can contribute.

Q: Wouldnt it be easier if they gave you one position and let you stick with it?

MCBRIDE: Yes it would be easier, but this is not a perfect world. We all sometimes have to do things to make the team better and thats what Im here for.

Q: Not only making the team, but there is an opportunity for you to start with the four-game suspension of DE Jared Allen.

MCBRIDE: Right now thats a goal, but thats not my goal right now. My goal is basically to first be the best team player and then self player.

Q: Where would you rather be right now, defensive end or defensive tackle?

MCBRIDE: It doesnt matter to me. I think that Im still growing as a defensive lineman and from the inside or outside I believe I can play well.

Q: How are you at getting to the quarterback?

MCBRIDE: Im pretty good at that. I believe I can better and everyone can get better in all aspects of the game and thats why were out here practicing.

Q: What do you think about defensive line coach Tim Krumrie?

MCBRIDE: Hes a great guy and I definitely feed off of his intensity. He has definitely beaten us into the ground a few times and I see him fired up so I have no other option but to be fired up, as well.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
This guy is getting the opportunity of a lifetime.

Our star is out, so he gets to start at his position first game of the year (likely).

And who does he get to play his first game against? Who will he be breaking himself in against?

Jordan. ****ing. Black.

Opportunity of a lifetime.

Der Flprer
05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
This guy is getting the opportunity of a lifetime.

Our star is out, so he gets to start at his position first game of the year (likely).

And who does he get to play his first game against? Who will he be breaking himself in against?

Jordan. ****ing. Black.

Opportunity of a lifetime.

OMG. If he doesn't have 3 busts everyone here will be calling him another 2nd round bust by Carl.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 11:33 PM
OMG. If he doesn't have 3 busts everyone here will be calling him another 2nd round bust by Carl.
Well I hear he does have one of Richard Bentley sculpted by Roubiliac himself, so he's one third of the way there.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/RichardBently-bust-Roubiliac.jpg/180px-RichardBently-bust-Roubiliac.jpg

Indeed.

unothadeal
05-13-2007, 11:36 PM
He's gonna bust on Jordan Black 3 times? EWWWWWWWW. Let's keep it football related.

Rain Man
05-13-2007, 11:42 PM
He seems quite eloquent for a guy named Turk.

luv
05-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Definitely seems to be a team player. I like it.

elvomito
05-14-2007, 12:24 AM
everytime i see "turk" i'm reminded of solazzo. ****