PDA

View Full Version : Watch "1/2 Hour News Hour" -- PLEASE.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 10:48 PM
As I continually sank into my computer chair, the Jazz pounding the Warriors into oblivion, I grabbed the remote and started clicking.

Clicked all the way to my favorite news organization, Fox News. And I'll be damned if they didn't just pick up that gloriously bad "conservative version" of the Daily Show, the Half Hour News Hour. I was so happy to see this show back on. Its complete lack of comedic timing, the worst laugh track I've ever heard, and gems like this:

"To boost his flailing campaign for the Republican nomination, John McCain has appealed to legally change his name to Spiderman."

And then the anchor does the web thing from her wrists with a goofy face. That's it. That was the joke.

It's wonderful. It's perfect. It's an embarrassment to be proud of. I watched the show, and then I watched the rerun of the show that, for some reason, aired right after.

If you get an opportunity to watch this show, you must watch it. Keep this show alive for as long as possible. I want to spearhead an effort to get this show on five nights a week, with reruns airing right after the original airings. I'll put up threads for each individual show if I have to. Together we can come together, across party lines, to keep this show alive forever.

luv
05-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I take it you enjoy watching Republicans make fools of themselves.

TrickyNicky
05-14-2007, 12:04 AM
It is hilariously bad. It was exceptionally sad when they tried to do the live bit in Greensburg, KS.

This is what happens when you don't keep 10 jews in a room for 12 hours a day to write your material for you.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 12:08 AM
This is what happens when you don't keep 10 jews in a room for 12 hours a day to write your material for you.
It's impossible to call foul on this.

Jon Stewart himself said that's the trick.

Dave Lane
05-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Lets face it Reps are to tight assed to crack a smile. Everyone I've ever met is exactly the same on the humor front.

Dave

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Jesus.

PLEASE watch this show.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5CL8SbPRVc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5CL8SbPRVc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRrIni6V7VM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRrIni6V7VM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 03:11 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmFcdie-Orw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmFcdie-Orw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 03:19 PM
CNN spreads the word!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YILO8JZkW7Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YILO8JZkW7Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 03:23 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffIJqkFN2WU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffIJqkFN2WU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Lets face it Reps are to tight assed to crack a smile. Everyone I've ever met is exactly the same on the humor front.

Dave

And I can tell you why you can't see people of the Rep persuasion as having humor, because you don't notice it when it happens (and just as frequently as Dumb-O-craps). That's because assholes like you are the most intolerant "people" on the planet in spite of claiming to be the most tolerant. You may want to learn how to spell at some point too.

stevieray
05-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Dave

Interestingly enough, Lorne Michaels has claimed the exact opposite.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Don't belabor that offensive moron with facts SR, it is a waste of time.....unfortunately.

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
That's because assholes like you are the most intolerant "people" on the planet in spite of claiming to be the most tolerant.

FOX NEWS IS THE MOST BALANCED NETWORK OUT THERE

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
FOX NEWS IS THE MOST BALANCED NETWORK OUT THERE

In my opinion it is bro. To each their own I guess. If you need leftist assurance (CNN, PMSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS) to survive and maintain your sanity rather than thinking for yourself and drawing your own opinions then that is maybe the way for you to go.

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:06 PM
THE 1/2 HOUR NEWS HOUR IS HILARIOUS AND WILDLY POPULAR. PEOPLE CAN'T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2007, 04:19 PM
In my opinion it is bro. To each their own I guess. If you need leftist assurance (CNN, PMSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS) to survive and maintain your sanity rather than thinking for yourself and drawing your own opinions then that is maybe the way for you to go.

Which is why Fox News watchers still disproportionately believe that Saddam was involved with 9/11.

That's balance to me :rolleyes:

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Which is why Fox News watchers still disproportionately believe that Saddam was involved with 9/11.

You got a link for that statement or is that more HJ hyperbole? Please clarify.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I wonder sometimes what it would take for Fox News apologists to think a news outlet is actually biased to the right.

|Zach|
05-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I really enjoyed these 4 post so close to each other.

Don't belabor that offensive moron with facts SR, it is a waste of time.....unfortunately.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I wonder sometimes what it would take for Fox News apologists to think a news outlet is actually biased to the right.

Or for leftists to 'tolerate' dissenting opinion.

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:42 PM
C4E doesn't need a link for proof when he's in agreement. He'll just take your word for it.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:44 PM
C4E doesn't need a link for proof when he's in agreement.

HolmeZz
doesn't need a link for proof when he's in agreement.

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Or for leftists to 'tolerate' dissenting opinion.

Please lay out the instances where the right tolerates those opinions any better.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Please lay out the instances where the right tolerates those opinions any better.

Please lay out the instances where the left tolerates those opinions any better

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Please lay out the instances where the left tolerates those opinions any better

I wasn't the one who made the statement, stupid ass.

God, you're an idiot.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I wasn't the one who made the statement, stupid ass.

God, you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 04:55 PM
So how about it, C4E.

What does a news outlet need to do in order to be biased to the right, in your opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2007, 04:55 PM

Ask you shall receive:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid

The frequency of Americans’ misperceptions varies significantly depending on their source of news. The percentage of respondents who had one or more of the three misperceptions listed above is shown below.

Have misperceptions about Iraq War
Fox Viewers 80%
CNN 55%
NPR 23%

So 80% of Fox views have misperceptions about the war:

From the link

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals’ primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

Hyperbole my ass. Bow down and kiss the ring.

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes:

So you can't even point out instances that support the point you've been trying to make the last few posts? That's kinda sad. I'll chalk it up to being an ill-informed Fox News pawn.

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2007, 05:16 PM

I guess I am in the minority as I DON'T believe that So Damn Insane was involved with 9/11. Believe what you like. Doesn't matter to me. Enjoy being indoctrinated. Good luck.

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2007, 06:36 PM
In my opinion it is bro. To each their own I guess. If you need leftist assurance (CNN, PMSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS) to survive and maintain your sanity rather than thinking for yourself and drawing your own opinions then that is maybe the way for you to go.Awesome.
:) ROFL

HolmeZz
05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
WE REPORT, YOU DECIDE

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I guess I am in the minority as I DON'T believe that So Damn Insane was involved with 9/11. Believe what you like. Doesn't matter to me. Enjoy being indoctrinated. Good luck.

Ok, so you doubt my assertions, then try and brush the evidence underneath the rug to save face, and then say I'm the one who is being indoctrinated?

Are you completely retarded, or do you just play one on here?

TrickyNicky
05-27-2007, 07:21 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmFcdie-Orw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmFcdie-Orw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
The last bit of this segment was actually pretty funny.

KC Jones
05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
And I can tell you why you can't see people of the Rep persuasion as having humor, because you don't notice it when it happens (and just as frequently as Dumb-O-craps). That's because assholes like you are the most intolerant "people" on the planet in spite of claiming to be the most tolerant. You may want to learn how to spell at some point too.

ROFL OMG - that's hilarious...

oh wait, you weren't joking - you actually believe that.

:huh:

patteeu
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Ask you shall receive:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid

The frequency of Americans’ misperceptions varies significantly depending on their source of news. The percentage of respondents who had one or more of the three misperceptions listed above is shown below.

Have misperceptions about Iraq War
Fox Viewers 80%
CNN 55%
NPR 23%

So 80% of Fox views have misperceptions about the war:

From the link

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals’ primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

Hyperbole my ass. Bow down and kiss the ring.

I have a problem with the so-called 3 misconceptions. There has been evidence of a link between Saddam's regime and 9/11, it's just that it's of questionable accuracy and probative value. The Chechs say that Mohammed Atta met with a known Iraqi agent in the airport in Prague prior to the 9/11 attacks. I don't know exactly what their basis for that belief is, but the testimony alone is evidence of a connection between a member of Saddam's regime and a member of the 9/11 team. The evidence is called into question by the fact that Atta's cell phone recorded calls originating in the US during the period of time he was supposedly in Prague and by the lack of corroboration in the form of travel documentation. The evidence may not be probative because the fact that they met (if it is a fact) does not prove that they were meeting for the purpose of discussing the 9/11 plot.

The more troublesome misconception though is the one that says it's a misconception that WMD have been found in Iraq. The truth is that WMD munitions *have* been found in Iraq. These were leftovers from the first gulf war period and not freshly manufactured or purchased, but they were a part of the stockpiles that were supposed to be destroyed by Saddam and they amount to smoking gun evidence that Saddam failed to destroy his stockpiles and provide verification of their destruction.

I wonder how many CNN viewers are under the same misconception (the notion that no WMD have been found in Iraq) that has the folks at the World Public Opinion website confused?

Adept Havelock
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know exactly what their basis for that belief is, but the testimony alone is evidence of a connection between a member of Saddam's regime and a member of the 9/11 team.

:hmmm:

So an uncorroborated statement = evidence? Funny, I always thought that was called an "allegation", or possibly "heresay", not evidence.

Thankfully I never was trained in the Law, so I don't know for certain.

**Edit** I see it can be considered "evidence", if you choose to use the term "evidence" in it's broadest meaning. Especially if you want to obfuscate the veracity of that "evidence", as there's nothing to support it(which you did state, though in a very roundabout way).

I can see why you did, as IMO the term "evidence" suggests to most laymen that it is "proof" of something, instead of a mere allegation. Well done. :clap:

To put another way: Hamas says that patteeu kicks kittens just to watch them cry. I don't know exactly what his basis for that belief is, but the testemony alone is evidence of a connection between a member of Chiefsplanet and those who support kitten kicking.

Eleazar
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Lots of things to be sad about here.

Sad that anyone's paying attention to the godawful program with two-for-a-bit writers.

Sad that people say things like "no republicans have a sense of humor" and probably believe themselves.

Sad that people say things like Dum-o-craps.

Sad that people think that typing in capital letters is funny or witty, sad that I don't get what Zach thinks is sad, that the "you don't do it either" canard came out, sad that it degraded into the 1920847739th WMD/Saddam/9-11 debate, and sad that one political stripe's sense of justice is offended at having only 5 out of 6 news networks in their pocket.

Jeez.

Adept Havelock
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Sad that anyone's paying attention to the godawful program with two-for-a-bit writers.

Sad that people say thinks like "no republicans have a sense of humor" and probably believe themselves.

Sad that people think that typing in capital letters is funny or witty, sad that I don't get what Zach thinks is sad, that the "you don't do it either" canard came out, sad that it degraded into the 1920847739th WMD/Saddam/9-11 debate, and sad that one political stripe's sense of justice is offended at having only 5 out of 6 news networks in their pocket.

Jeez.

All that sadness makes me sad. :(

Reaper16
05-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Sad that people say things like "no republicans have a sense of humor" and probably believe themselves.

Jeez.
Yet this post is the saddest one of them all.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
:hmmm:

So an uncorroborated statement = evidence? Funny, I always thought that was called an "allegation", or possibly "heresay", not evidence.
Actually no, that evidence was later disproven. I believe officially as well. Not sure where I read it but I believe my source was CIA and also 9/11 Commission report. I just do recall that it was later debunked. The only people holding onto it are either Fox viewers or die-hard Bush and Iraq war supporters. I'll see if I can uncover it later, 'cept I'm swamped.

Baby Lee
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Another avenue for discussion, why is it that those who parse the nuances of what people believe, versus what is fact, in regards to Iraq and the 9/11 attack, aren't similarly nuanced and demanding when it comes to a breakdown in the causes for civilian casualties in Iraq?
First off, there's difficulty in getting a authoritative number, but it occured to me in thinking on the Rosie/Elizabeth tete-a-tete that those who bemoan our efforts in Iraq cite some large number of civilian deaths as evidence of our bad nature. But it seems to me that the overwhelming majority of civilian deaths are at the hands of insurgents. From our end, this war has been prosecuted with unprecedented care with regards to civilians.

Direckshun
05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
But it seems to me that the overwhelming majority of civilian deaths are at the hands of insurgents. From our end, this war has been prosecuted with unprecedented care with regards to civilians.
Insurgeants that our war is responsible for, like it or not.

It's like all the cheese in my home is gone because you let in a bunch of mice and you're saying "don't blame me, the mice are eating the cheese! I've been incredibly careful in leaving your cheese alone!"