PDA

View Full Version : Madeliene McCann's parents.....

Fat Elvis
05-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I feel sorry for the family and the little girl, especially, but what in the heck were those idiot parents thinking by leaving their children alone in an apartment in a foriegn country while they go out for dinner?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/appealPA_468x390.jpg

Cochise
05-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Is there more to this story?

Fat Elvis
05-14-2007, 09:19 AM

Thier stupidity is being supported and fueled by massive amounts of $$$ being poured in by English celebrities. Thousands of kids go missing each year, but if the parents decide to leave the kids alone in a foreign land so that they can go out to eat at a restuarant and one of them gets lost, suddenly it is a tragedy that warrants millions of dollars.

The parents are "relieved that the lawyers are now involved" so they don't have to worry about what to do with those resources.

Bearcat
05-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Thier stupidity is being supported and fueled by massive amounts of $$$ being poured in by English celebrities. Thousands of kids go missing each year, but if the parents decide to leave the kids alone in a foreign land so that they can go out to eat at a restuarant and one of them gets lost, suddenly it is a tragedy that warrants millions of dollars.

The parents are "relieved that the lawyers are now involved" so they don't have to worry about what to do with those resources.

I agree that it's not the international tragedy that it's been made out to be by the media, but I'm a little surprised at the backlash I've seen about how this is all just a rich white girl that's gone missing.

What gets me is that one guy offered a million pound award... the guy is offering money to a family that has a weekend home in Portugal? :spock:

KC Kings
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't feel sorry for them at all. I wouldn't leave my 5 and 7 year olds alone in a hotel room in KC just to go down to the hotel restaraunt.

There is no excuse for leaving a couple of 2 year olds by themselves in a hotel room. No sane, sober person would do that unless there is more to the story and they wanted the girl to disappear.

Rain Man
05-14-2007, 10:39 AM

As far as I can figure, they left their child alone in some type of abode in a foreign land, and some witch turned the child into a photograph.

stlchiefs
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
These stupid parents left their 4 year old (who's missing) and two 2 year olds (boy and a girl) in their room at their summer resort in Portugal. A couple of dumbazz rich parents who don't know how to take care of their kids and find a dinner alone to be more important than their children's wellbeing. Now they expect others to help them and feel bad for them? WRONG. I feel bad for the girl and hope she is found safe, but have no sympathy for the pain her parents are feeling, they deserve every ounce of it.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=261952&GT1=9951

Madeleine McCann, 4, disappeared on May 2 after her parents left her, and her brother and sister, both aged 2, alone while they went to a restaurant at Praia da Luz, their vacation resort in Portugal's Algarve region. Portuguese police continue to search for her.

eazyb81
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM
They left a 4 year and two 2 year olds alone in a hotel room in a foreign country? WTF? Who would be that stupid? I can't believe the media is pimping this story so much, sounds like they just made an awfully dumb decision.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't leave my 8 yr. old alone in my apartment when I run to the store.

Fat Elvis
05-14-2007, 11:38 AM
What is the appropriate age to leave children alone?

stlchiefs
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't leave my 8 yr. old alone in my apartment when I run to the store.

You're definitely hurting your chances of getting the support of the Beckham's, Richard Branson, JK Rowling, Simon Cowell and other Brits. I guess that's what you get for logical parenting.

stlchiefs
05-14-2007, 11:40 AM

21, by then the Bud Light can babysit.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
What is the appropriate age to leave children alone?When I was a kid,(I am 36, now)my folks would leave me alone when I was 9. I was living in Topeka then.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM

Thats a good question. I remember being left alone when i was 7 or 8. But that was the 1970's......

Its a different world these days....

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Its a different world these days....Exactly...

bogie
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
If anything, the media storm may help find the child. Because of that, I'm glad this story is getting the attention. The parents can go to hell.

Pitt Gorilla
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
These stupid parents left their 4 year old (who's missing) and two 2 year olds (boy and a girl) in their room at their summer resort in Portugal. A couple of dumbazz rich parents who don't know how to take care of their kids and find a dinner alone to be more important than their children's wellbeing. Now they expect others to help them and feel bad for them? WRONG. I feel bad for the girl and hope she is found safe, but have no sympathy for the pain her parents are feeling, they deserve every ounce of it.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=261952&GT1=9951

Madeleine McCann, 4, disappeared on May 2 after her parents left her, and her brother and sister, both aged 2, alone while they went to a restaurant at Praia da Luz, their vacation resort in Portugal's Algarve region. Portuguese police continue to search for her.
That's the way I see it. The parents should be held accountable for endangering their kids in the first place.

Lzen
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I just now read about this (yeah, I'm a little late). Does anyone know if they ever found the girl?

StcChief
06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
varies from state to state....I believe.

Maturity is a factor. I started at 11-12.

Mr. Plow
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
How is this not the same thing as the parents who left their child in the stroller, in the burning sun, for 45 minutes at Disney Land (World?) while they went on a ride?

Those parents got charged, why not these idiots?

Mr. Plow
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow. Didn't realize this was from 5/14. This is why I don't watch the news.

UL Washington
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
The kicker is the hotel provides a free baby sitting service.

carlos3652
06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Not defending the parents or anything, but this sucks either way, im sure they feel worse than a regular parent who lost there kid, they are going to have to live with the fact that they did this and its there fault...

The celebrities involved are providing a reward to anyone who gives information about this issue... not to the parents... the parents also had a reward setup, but more and more celebrities want to get involved to make sure the child is found....

Also, the resort where they stayed at was pretty secure and the parents were less than 50 yards away from there room... they also checked on the kids every 45min-hour...

anyways.... I feel horrible for the parents even though its there fault, im sure they feel the same way...