PDA

View Full Version : This stuff is real?!

Radar Chief
05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I got an e-mail from the wife that contained the following.

URGENT

TO: HARMONY GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT, CAMDEN-FAIRVIEW SCHOOL DISTRICT
SPECIAL AGENT WADE GILLIAM
PLEASE POST
Sent: Wednesday April 25th, 2007
Subject: New form of Crystal Meth that targets Children: STRAWBERRY METH.

For the love of our children please educate yourselves as Teachers and parents, and hold your kids tight! This continues to be all to close to home.

Copies to: Sheriff Lucas, Chief O’Keefe
Subject: [Arsca] Strawberry Meth

This was forwarded to me by a college professor. It is from a principal in Rogers. I have been alerted by one of our EMT's for our Volunteer Fire
Department that they have received emails from emergency responder organizations to be on the lookout for a new form of Crystallized Meth, that is targeted at children and to be aware of this new form if called to an emergency involving a child that may have symptoms of drug induction or overdose.

They are calling this new form of meth "Strawberry Quick" and it looks like the "Pop Rocks" candy that sizzle in your mouth. In its current form, it is dark pink in color and has a strawberry scent to it.

Please advise your children and their friends and other students not to accept candy from strangers as this is obviously an attempt to seduce children into drug use. They also need to be cautious in accepting candy from even friends that may have received it from someone else, thinking it is just candy.

Snip…..

I’ve seen enough of these scare e-mails to think this was one of them, so I go to Snoops but guess what.

Claim: Drug dealers are selling flavored crystal methamphetamine known as “Stawberry Quick.”

It then goes on to quote the exact e-mail I just got.
Can you freak’n believe this chit?! :eek:

MOhillbilly
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
urban legend.
when i first heard about this i figured it was either the old red type or someone was useing kool aid as a cut.

Pestilence
05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
repost

stlchiefs
05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
don't knock it till you try it. :drool:

Mile High Mania
05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
True.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp

DaFace
05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Yup. This was on the news the other night.

Mr. Plow
05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm not touching that stuff until I get a watermelon flavor.

Redrum_69
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
And if you drink pop with the pop rocks at the same time, you'll die

Mr. Plow
05-14-2007, 02:21 PM

True story. A friend of a friend died that way.

Jordan
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Ya, that's what happened to Mikey from the Life cereal commercials, huh?

Talk about urban legends...

Radar Chief
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
repost

Sorry, did a quick scan of the first couple pages and didn’t see it.

NewChief
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I think that is possibly true, but I don't think there is some guy sitting out there saying, "We need to work on our marketing here and start cornering the little kid market. Let's make it strawberry flavored!" I think it's probably some idiot tweaker decided that it might cut out the nasty taste from the drainage, and it caught on. People are then piggybacking the whole "meth heads are trying to hook our children!"

greg63
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
don't knock it till you try it. :drool:

Is that you QuikSstoner???

Pestilence
05-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry, did a quick scan of the first couple pages and didn’t see it.

Don't apologize....I just wanted my chance to be a repost asshole like everyone else on this board.

greg63
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Don't apologize....I just wanted my chance to be a repost asshole like everyone else on this board.

LMAO
No, but I do have a thread on the front page for regrets. :D

eazyb81
05-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I actually read an article on Yahoo about this a few weeks ago, so I can verify it is true - or at least has been reported by credible sources.

That said, I highly doubt this is supposed to be targeted at little kids. More likely, dealers are doing this to cut down on the burn new users feel when doing meth. It supposedly has a nasty aftertaste.

htismaqe
05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
It does have a nasty aftertaste, but it won't help with the burn. Drink crystals weren't intended to go up the nose...

bdeg
05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I think that is possibly true, but I don't think there is some guy sitting out there saying, "We need to work on our marketing here and start cornering the little kid market. Let's make it strawberry flavored!" I think it's probably some idiot tweaker decided that it might cut out the nasty taste from the drainage, and it caught on. People are then piggybacking the whole "meth heads are trying to hook our children!"

Exactly.

People snort the stuff and it drips down the back of your throat, tasting terrible.

Who (among users of course) wouldn't want it strawberry flavored?

bdeg
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
They sell drops you can put on ganj or tobacco to flavor it too.

Redrum_69
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
They sell drops you can put on ganj or tobacco to flavor it too.

um, I think you know too much about this subject

bdeg
05-14-2007, 03:02 PM
um, I think you know too much about this subject
I've never once used meth if that's what you're getting at.

A nice flavored smoke can be enjoyable though.

http://www.tastypuff.com/

pikesome
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM

None of the crank-heads I've even known were with it enough to target anyone let alone children.

unothadeal
05-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Don't we all.

Pestilence
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't we all.
My dream has become a reality...

Hog Farmer
05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Terrorism at its finest.

bdeg
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I remember when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade (mid 90's), my mom warned me not to take any bits of paper kids were handing out. She told me there was this new drug being passed out around schools that drug dealers were putting on little bits of paper so kids wouldn't be afraid of it.

I guess it was a big concern for her and a lot of the other local parents.

The drug she was referring to was acid.

htismaqe
05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I remember when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade (mid 90's), my mom warned me not to take any bits of paper kids were handing out. She told me there was this new drug being passed out around schools that drug dealers were putting on little bits of paper so kids wouldn't be afraid of it.

I guess it was a big concern for her and a lot of the other local parents.

The drug she was referring to was acid.

Mid 90's?

Blotter LSD has been around since the early 60's.

bdeg
05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Mid 90's?

Blotter LSD has been around since the early 60's.

It was media BS, that was my point.

These things aren't being made to market to kids.

Terrorism at its finest.

htismaqe
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
It was media BS, that was my point.

These things aren't being made to market to kids.

Ah.

Look at me kids, this is your brain on drugs. :D

eazyb81
05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I've never once used meth if that's what you're getting at.

A nice flavored smoke can be enjoyable though.

http://www.tastypuff.com/

The flavored papers are also tasty......or so I hear.

Redrum_69
05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Ah.

Look at me kids, this is your brain on drugs. :D

Maybe if they used actual embryo's people would have paid attention. All that commercial did was drive up the demand for quality eggs