PDA

View Full Version : Pondering this i future Dillema....

Tribal Warfare
05-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Who should KC franchise Allen or LJ, and why?

ChiefsCountry
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Allen bc a stud pass rusher is more valuable than a stud running back.

Count Zarth
05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
LJ will get paid.

kstater
05-14-2007, 07:37 PM
LJ will get paid.

Well I hope they pay the players. KC doesn't have much of a team if they don't pay them.

Tribal Warfare
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
My issue is LJ is a great RB and a possible lockerroom cancer.Allen isn't a lockerroom problem, but is potentially unreliable with his drinking/partying lifestyle.

Which great player should we tag?

Hoover
05-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Why the hell would you franchise a player like Allen who can't stay out of the booze or trouble especially with the new commish cracking down on thugs. I franchise LJ in a heartbeat over Allen, heck I might let Allen walk if I was the GM so I could keep players like Hali when its time to pay him.

Tribal Warfare
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Why the hell would you franchise a player like Allen who can't stay out of the booze or trouble especially with the new commish cracking down on thugs.

Easy, pass rushers are at a premium, and they're teams that will pay that type of price because of their horrendous D-Line.

el borracho
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I doubt we franchise either. We will likely pay LJ this year and lose Allen next year if relations between he and the club don't improve.

Smed1065
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I doubt we franchise either. We will likely pay LJ this year and lose Allen next year if relations between he and the clubs don't improve.

keg in kc
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Allen can't even sniff LJ's jock. We're comparing a mediocre drunk end to an elite player. So, in this unlikely situation...LJ.

Tribal Warfare
05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Allen can't even sniff LJ's jock. We're comparing a mediocre drunk end to an elite player. So, in this unlikely situation...LJ.

Allen isn't mediocre the man is a damn good football player. Allen's backup Wilkerson is more of the area of mediocre though

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Allen.

Neither one of them is remotely close to being expendable, but if I had to choose which one we keep, it's Allen, who can be a leader, wants to be in Kansas City, and has more years ahead of him.

Mr. Kotter
05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Hands down, LJ. Because he's the more valuable player...and McBride will step into Allen's shoes, if need be. Besides, we still have the transition tag for Allen if we need it.

:)

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Hands down, LJ. Because he's the more valuable player...and McBride will step into Allen's shoes, if need be. Besides, we still have the transition tag for Allen if we need it.
Well, I will say this.

On an even playing field, I'd consider Allen to be the more valuable commodity.

But compare losing Allen to LJ on this team.

We lose Allen, and we just need to find a good-to-great DE to replace him.

We lose LJ, and we have to seriously retool the entire run game. It'd be like what losing Tony G would do to our passing game. We'd have to replace LJ at RB, but we'd also have to expand our passing game, retool our OL, and change our offensive philosophy.

So perhaps LJ's the more valuable commodity, given the circumstances.

Smed1065
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Allen.

Neither one of them is remotely close to being expendable, but if I had to choose which one we keep, it's Allen, who can be a leader, wants to be in Kansas City, and has more years ahead of him.

But
But
But

Athan stated we have his replacement already with a rookie after 3 days of rookie camp? Jeez.

IIRC, did he not state he might even play instead of JA after his suspension.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM
This question can't really be answered until we see how a replacement player (Turk) performs in Allen's place.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 11:19 PM
But
But
But

Athan stated we have his replacement already with a rookie after 3 days of rookie camp? Jeez.

IIRC, did he not state he might even play instead of JA after his suspension.

LMAO

I once heard that Athan give all his information to GoChiefs in the form of a burning bush, who then inscribes his every word in stone tablets, scurries down the mountain, and presents it to ChiefsPlanet as the Truth.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 11:20 PM
This question can't really be answered until we see how a replacement player (Turk) performs in Allen's place.
It can be answered at this point, though.

You guys are driving me nuts today.

Count Zarth
05-14-2007, 11:25 PM
LMAO

I once heard that Athan give all his information to GoChiefs in the form of a burning bush, who then inscribes his every word in stone tablets, scurries down the mountain, and presents it to ChiefsPlanet as the Truth.

This is so close to the truth it's hilarious. LMAO

Smed1065
05-14-2007, 11:33 PM
LMAO

I once heard that Athan give all his information to GoChiefs in the form of peanut butter , who then inscribes his every word in stone tablets, scurries down the mountain, and presents it to ChiefsPlanet as the Truth.