PDA

View Full Version : Any Baseball/Football Card Efficianados (sp?) Out There?

Buck
05-14-2007, 09:24 PM
If so I need some help...

I have a few cards I need to know if they have any serious value or not...just let me know if you are a big collector, thanks.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I used to be WAY into football cards & still have a lot of them, but the only way to get a good idea is to go buy a new Becketts.

Buck
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I used to be WAY into football cards & still have a lot of them, but the only way to get a good idea is to go buy a new Becketts.

Yeah, I tried that, and some of my cards arent in there.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
The sad thing about sports cards anymore, is that the market became SO saturated with a billion brands & each brand has 50 different sub-brands that it really drove the value of all of them down.

It seems like the only thing thats worth any big $$$ these days is rookie cards on top of the line brands or cards with pieces of gameballs or jerseys on them.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Whaddya got???

Buck
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Well the one that I really want to know about is

2004 Donruss Elite Status Lou Gehrig #'d 8/24.

I also have some others, like a Jim Thome game used bat and Mike Mussina Game Worn Pinstripe Jersey...Jerry Rice Game Used Face mask...Deuce McCallister Game Used Jersey...Santana Moss Game Used Jersey...Also I have a Dan Marino Game Used Jersey and a barry Sanders Game used jersey.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Well the one that I really want to know about is

2004 Donruss Elite Status Lou Gehrig #'d 8/24.

I also have some others, like a Jim Thome game used bat and Mike Mussina Game Worn Pinstripe Jersey...Jerry Rice Game Used Face mask...Deuce McCallister Game Used Jersey...Santana Moss Game Used Jersey...Also I have a Dan Marino Game Used Jersey and a barry Sanders Game used jersey.

Just a fairly educated guess, but i bet all of those jersey & mask cards are worth more than the Lou Gehrig card, i could be wrong, but usually the re-issues of old legends type cards arent worth much at all.

The Marino, Sanders & Rice cards sound good for sure.

I dont know much about the baseball stuff.

88TG88
05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
try Naxcom.com
I'd say the Gehrig could fetch about 100 dollars. Since it doesn't have a game used jersey or whatever i don't see it going up much.

Valiant
05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I tried that, and some of my cards arent in there.

I have that problem with one of my cards.. Its a Barry Sanders college card the year before he was drafted.. Which I have never seen another college card from that decade...