PDA

View Full Version : Nissan anyone???

badgirl
05-14-2007, 11:27 PM
As I see it medical work is a noble profession, but damn it just pays the bills if your a CNA. So I went back to work selling cars, I sold 4 in 5 days, a hell of a lot easier than selling Cadallics and Chevrolets, Nissan is a easy car or truck to sell and I see a very good future in it.

I am tired and bored, but not sleepy so I thought I would log on and see what I could get in to.

Donger
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
As I see it medical work is a noble profession, but damn it just pays the bills if your a CNA. So I went back to work selling cars, I sold 4 in 5 days, a hell of a lot easier than selling Cadallics and Chevrolets, Nissan is a easy car or truck to sell and I see a very good future in it.

I am tired and bored, but not sleepy so I thought I would log on and see what I could get in to.

Good for you. I can imagine selling GM crap is difficult.

badgirl
05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Good for you. I can imagine selling GM crap is difficult.
Yes it was very difficult, I cant beleive how different it is selling Nissan, its really strange, but I would prefer a Nissan or Toyota over any other car or truck. My favorite on the lot is the Nissan Titan V8 4 door, those are awesome trucks, but with the gas prices its not real popular right now with people. I did sell a '07 Frontier day before yesterday though.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I drive a '98 Maxima. Still drives like a gem.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Nissan, Toyotas and especially Honda's sell themselves...

badgirl
05-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Nissan, Toyotas and especially Honda's sell themselves...
I find that to be true, when I first started selling that is the exact words my brother law said to me, but I couldn't beleive it until I found out for myself, and it is very true.

CrazyPhuD
05-14-2007, 11:56 PM
2009 GTR...if it meets expectation it'll be 911 turbo performance for < 70K. I'd favor it over a vette for reliability and interior quality.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 12:06 AM
2009 GTR...if it meets expectation it'll be 911 turbo performance for < 70K. I'd favor it over a vette for reliability and interior quality.
To be honest I dont know about the 2009 GTR, but we have a Z350 on our lot and they are really sporty cars, we have had some people wanting one in a convertible.

Smed1065
05-15-2007, 12:47 AM
I actually wanted to wait to see the new 2 door Altima before I purchased a new car but no one could tell me how long before they came out, so I decided not to wait.

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't like Datsuns. But I do like The Datsuns.

ChiefFan31
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Nissan anyone???

No Thanks. :)

badgirl
05-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I actually wanted to wait to see the new 2 door Altima before I purchased a new car but no one could tell me how long before they came out, so I decided not to wait.
I think the keyless entry and keyless start are really cool, until I started working at the dealership last week I had never seen that before. The Monteros are wonderful, hell I like them all I guess except for the Versa I don't care for them although, they do get 38 miles a galllon, so thats something to consider for transportation if you travel a lot.

StcChief
05-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Had several Datsun/Nissans since 1981. Great cars/trucks.

They are not too proud like Honda/Toyota and will dicker on price.

Baconeater
05-15-2007, 07:24 AM
I think the keyless entry and keyless start are really cool, until I started working at the dealership last week I had never seen that before. The Monteros are wonderful, hell I like them all I guess except for the Versa I don't care for them although, they do get 38 miles a galllon, so thats something to consider for transportation if you travel a lot.
:hmmm: Isn't the Montero a Mitsubishi product?

badgirl
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
:hmmm: Isn't the Montero a Mitsubishi product?
You are correct, sorry, I forgot the name of the SUV I am talking about, it is the most expensive thing on the lot, its really nice, as I said, I just started so I am not that familiar with my product, but I am learning.

Simplex3
05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Listen c**t. GO AWAY. How pathetic are you that you keep showing up here?

badgirl
05-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Listen c**t. GO AWAY. How pathetic are you that you keep showing up here?
Why the hell do you keep reading my threads and posts put me on ignore .

ChiefsfaninPA
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
How much money do sales people make just selling one car. I always figured they made like 100-200 for selling just one vehicle.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:01 AM
How much money do sales people make just selling one car. I always figured they made like 100-200 for selling just one vehicle.
25% of the gross profit, the only way you would make 100 bucks is if you ended up dropping the price so low the dealership didn't make a profit, its called a mini deal, that doesn't happen often.

ChiefsfaninPA
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
25% of the gross profit, the only way you would make 100 bucks is if you ended up dropping the price so low the dealership didn't make a profit, its called a mini deal, that doesn't happen often.

So for example if the gross on a car you sold was 2k you would get 500?

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:05 AM
yes

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 08:10 AM
So you've joined the esteemed ranks of Halfcan and Dale Mercer. Hope that works out for you.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Well I have some things to do today, so I am going to go. Have a nice day.

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Well I have some things to do today, so I am going to go. Have a nice day.
Going swimming?

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:11 AM
So you've joined the esteemed ranks of Halfcan and Dale Mercer. Hope that works out for you.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Going swimming?
No paying bills unfortunately. Lucky Me.

Delano
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I looked at a few Nissans when I bought my last car. I think I put them at number three behind Honda and Toyota for my needs. I do like the 350Z, the Maxima and Nissan's SUV offering (can't remember the name).

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
No paying bills unfortunately. Lucky Me.
I want to buy a new Nissan. Can you provide me with a list of the dealers costs for all late model Nissans?

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:16 AM
I want to buy a new Nissan. Can you provide me with a list of the dealers costs for all late model Nissans?
I will see what I can do, but its all computerized and the Sales Managers are the only ones who has access, but I will ask about it and see what I can do

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I will see what I can do, but its all computerized and the Sales Managers are the only ones who has access, but I will ask about it and see what I can do
You can get a print out for yourself and then just type them in.

Thank you!

badgirl
05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
You can get a print out for yourself and then just type them in.

Thank you!
I will do all I can for you I promise. Your welcome, have a good day Saul.

Mr. Kotter
05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Behind Honda and Toyota, I'd think Nissan would be a good car to sell.

Good luck. :thumb:

StcChief
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Nissans produced in Symrna Tn should have a good following in the region

Al Bundy
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I owned a 1986 nissan 300 ZX with the 2+2 turbo back in the day... that was a super fast car.

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Toyota and Honda sell themselves...

Nissan is terrible... they have bad product out right now

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUST26765620070415

Delano
05-15-2007, 09:25 AM

You are such a tool. But at least you admit Toyota and Honda are superior to GM.

chasedude
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM

Nissan has been nothing but good to me. I have a Nissan 97 2WD Truck 95k miles never had a major problem. You do all the maintenance it needs and it'll run practically forever.
I know someone that runs a delivery service. She has 3 of these running around all over, one over 300k miles. She wants to buy mine for her business. No Way! this is my baby! Oh yeah 26 mpg on the highway!

Infidel Goat
05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
My '92 Maxima is running fine . . .

I'd actually consider the Versa. I've always liked fuel efficient hatchbacks. Pretty practical, really.

carlos3652
05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
2002 Xterra, have had it for 5 years, still runs like the day i bought it, 75k miles later, I love it...

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Nissan has been nothing but good to me. I have a Nissan 97 2WD Truck 95k miles never had a major problem. You do all the maintenance it needs and it'll run practically forever.
I know someone that runs a delivery service. She has 3 of these running around all over, one over 300k miles. She wants to buy mine for her business. No Way! this is my baby! Oh yeah 26 mpg on the highway!

I didn't say that old Nissans are bad... I said that the current products they are offering are not selling well.

Brock
05-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I didn't say that old Nissans are bad... I said that the current products they are offering are not selling well.

You said they have a bad product. You couldn't be more wrong. Well, actually, you probably could.

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
You said they have a bad product. You couldn't be more wrong. Well, actually, you probably could.

Oh ok, then tell me why they have falling sales?

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Nissan Sales Dive 14% In April
By Ryan Thomas

The Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.’s April sales dived 14.0 percent on a daily sales rate basis to 61,179 units compared with last year's 77,102 units sold. The company’s sales decline points to fewer selling days in April 2007 as compared to 2006.

The Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reported sales of 71,124 units in April and that is an 11.1 percent cut from the previous year. The NNA sales decreased 14.0 percent over last year. The Infiniti Division posted a sales gain of 12.0 percent with 9,945 units sold, as compared with last April’s 9,618 units. The all-new G Sedan contributed sales of 4,491 units, an increase of 71.9 percent over last April.

This April, Nissan bumpers failed to protect the company from sales crash. For the month of April, Nissan and Infiniti sales totaled 71,124 and that figure is an 11.1 percent decrease over last year’s April sales of 86,720 units. In North America, the NNA operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing.

In the United States, Nissan auto sales dropped by 18 percent on unadjusted basis. North American Sales Chief Brad Bradshaw said Tuesday that the U.S. sales for the Nissan and Infiniti brands equaled 71,124 vehicles and that is down by 18 percent compared with the same period in 2006 on a volume basis.

The company's sales fell eleven percent and the figures are adjusted for the fact there were two fewer selling days in April 2007 compared to the prior year. The Japanese automaker said a 20 percent decline at its mainstream Nissan brand or a 14 percent decline on an adjusted basis. The sixth largest automaker worldwide noted that the luxury Infiniti brand registered a four percent increase in volume, or a 12 percent increase when adjusted for selling days. Additionally, Nissan brand sold 61,179 vehicles, while Infiniti delivered 9,945.

In an interview, Bradshaw said it was a "difficult month" for Nissan. He said that the company expected some softness in the first half of the month, due to the Easter holiday and the end of tax season. "But the market didn't come back" in the second half of April as Nissan expected, he added.

Slow truck sales continued to injure the Nissan brand, and now the company is dealing with a unforeseen decline in passenger car sales. "What has been just a truck weakness in the market appears to have crossed over into the car side of the business," Bradshaw noted.

Nissan for the fiscal year 2006, ending March 31, 2007 filed its results with the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The results include net revenues of 10.4686 trillion yen, operating profit of 776.9 billion yen, ordinary profit of 761.1 billion yen, consolidated net income of 460.8 billion yen, and the operating profit margin came to 7.4 percent.

“2006 did not boost our results towards achieving the objectives of Nissan Value-Up,” said the Nissan President and CEO, Carlos Ghosn. “However, we believe that the commitments are within the potential of the company and we remain focused to deliver them completely. Accordingly, we have decided to extend the period for delivering all the Nissan Value-Up commitments by one year.”

Ghosn noted that tangible progress had been made on the four key breakthroughs in Nissan Value-Up. The Infiniti luxury brand continues to expand around the globe with its launch to Russia in 2006 and into China and Ukraine in 2007. The Infiniti brand will also be offered across Western Europe by 2008.

Stressing on the outlook for this fiscal year, Ghosn said that the fiscal 2007 will be a better year for Nissan than the year 2006. However, the rising raw material costs, energy prices and interest rates, fluctuating foreign exchange rates, high level of incentives, and an escalating number of troubled competitors and suppliers, would remain as business risks for this year.

Ryan Thomas is a native of Denver, Colorado. He grew up in a family of car afficionados. He now resides in Detroit where he owns a service shop and works part time as a consultant for a local automotive magazine.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ryan_Thomas

Brock
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh ok, then tell me why they have falling sales?

Honda's sales are off too. Are you going to tell me that their products are "bad" too?

cdcox
05-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Their sales were up in three of the four months this year over the previous year. Around here, late model 2003-2007 Altimas are about the most common sedan on the road.

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Honda's sales are off too. Are you going to tell me that their products are "bad" too?

Honda's sales are up year over year, Nissans are down, and have been down..... their sedans suck, and the trucks are getting killed by the Tundra and the Silverado.

It is quite clear through looking at the sales data... as the original point of this thread.... that I would not want to be a Nissan salesman at this point in time.

If I had no brand loyalty and just wanted to make money, I would try to sell Scion or Toyota right now.

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Their sales were up in three of the four months this year over the previous year. Around here, late model 2003-2007 Altimas are about the most common sedan on the road.

No, Camry's are.....

edit... ooopps i didn't see where you said around here.

Brock
05-15-2007, 09:54 AM
It is quite clear through looking at the sales data... as the original point of this thread.... that I would not want to be a Nissan salesman at this point in time.

The voice of no experience.

chasedude
05-15-2007, 09:57 AM

I'd love to get my hands on one of the new Altimas. I hear next year they're coming out with the first hybrid Altima. It's the Toyota engine though.

recxjake
05-15-2007, 09:59 AM

And no, they were down in January, up in Feb and March...and down huge in April.

cdcox
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
And no, they were down in January, up in Feb and March...and down huge in April.

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/news/current/20070201015433.shtml

Buehler445
05-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Don't hate me forever, but.......I'm a GM fan. Always have been. I think the days of producing garbage are over, you can credit competition from Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. I have driven a Vega before, so I understand your arguement. However, I have an '06 Pontiac G6 and it is wonderful. I've personally owned 4 different GM cars and can see myself being no more satisfied owning a foreign car.

As for GM's business decisions, terrible. In fact, they may make them dead. However that does not change the fact that I am still a fan of their cars.

Iowanian
05-15-2007, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=badgirl] My favorite....Titan V8QUOTE]

Sometimes it says Titan, sometimes it says Titanic....Sometimes it says Titan....sometimes it says titanic.

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I sold my Toyota pu for 1k over blue book and could have easily got 2k over as I got 40 calls with 2 hours of posting the ad. :cuss:

I am a GMC man now though with a big ass PU and a Yukon for lil momma.

Fairplay
05-15-2007, 12:02 PM

Heh.

StcChief
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Don't hate me forever, but.......I'm a GM fan. Always have been. I think the days of producing garbage are over, you can credit competition from Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. I have driven a Vega before, so I understand your arguement. However, I have an '06 Pontiac G6 and it is wonderful. I've personally owned 4 different GM cars and can see myself being no more satisfied owning a foreign car.

As for GM's business decisions, terrible. In fact, they may make them dead. However that does not change the fact that I am still a fan of their cars.

we called it the Vagrant. 74 POS with aluminum head with out steel sleves for pistons. Blew oil by 50K miles.

Iowanian
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd guess badgranny will be very successful in this position, with all of that experience selling things in parking lots to truckers.

Buehler445
05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
we called it the Vagrant. 74 POS with aluminum head with out steel sleves for pistons. Blew oil by 50K miles.

I understand. Horrible car. Thankfully, the company, IMO, has changed a lot, and offers much more quality products. That is a definite low, though. Ours even had wood paneling on the doors. Who does that?? :cuss:

cookster50
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Your purty goud wit dat math thingy.

HemiEd
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
No thanks, I think they should bring the Datsun name back.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
the newer ones get between 32-38 mpg highway!!! Even better.

badgirl
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=badgirl] My favorite....Titan V8QUOTE]

Sometimes it says Titan, sometimes it says Titanic....Sometimes it says Titan....sometimes it says titanic.
sometimes it says Ass sometime it says prick either way your in the running.

StcChief
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
the newer ones get between 32-38 mpg highway!!! Even better.

My old '81 King Cab 2.2 L 4 cyl ( ran in the The Jap Z) hemi got 25 MPG with a Carb.

Phobia
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Have you figured out the name of the Armada yet, BigGranny? I'm surprised they even let you on the lot not knowing the names of their flagship products.

Even if you had only worked there 1 day, you'd think you'd figure out the whole Quest, Pathfinder, Titan, Frontier, Armada, Sentra, Altima, Maxima naming scheme. I don't even work there and I know that much. I don't even own a Nissan and I know.... Jeesh.

Smed1065
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
You are correct, sorry, I forgot the name of the SUV I am talking about, it is the most expensive thing on the lot, its really nice, as I said, I just started so I am not that familiar with my product, but I am learning.

The Murano is nice. You must be thinking of the Armada or something close to that.

I owned a 97 Nissan truck and it was very dependable.

NewChief
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't want to start a new thread for it, so I'll throw it in here:

Has anyone seen the new Toyota lines. Good grief, they're massive. One of the things I always liked about Toyota was their refusal to bow to the "bigger is better" mantra that Americans demand. The Tacoma dual cab with extended bed would be perfect for me, though. I'll probably get one 6 years down the road, when they're affordable used, and I"m ready to get rid of my Tundra.

Spott
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
My last 3 vehicles have been Nissan's. My last Nissan Frontier had 184,000 miles on it and never had any problems before I sold it and bought an Xterra. I have never had any problems with Nissans besides the normal routine maintenance.

wazu
05-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I absolutely love my '03 Altima. By far the best car I've ever had. (Although that's not saying much.)