PDA

View Full Version : Wichita State's new Coach

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 02:41 AM
http://www.shockernet.net/sn/portal.php - Scroll down and check out the new recruits

Check out the recruiting sports fans. Not too bad for a coach who came in late. 1st team Juco AA, 3rd team Juco AA, honorable mention all-district (rebounder/jumper type- 3rd pic) and Coach Marshall wrapped it all up today by bringing in a 7' Nigerian kid who will be a Freshman.

Hey Skip, are you looking forward to to having another 7' kid from the Valley slapping your Mickey D's AA's around? You know the selection committee is just waiting to schedule KU against more Valley teams. :)

DenverChief
05-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Shocker

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Shocker

Whoot!

DenverChief
05-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Whoot!

ROFL I try

HemiEd
05-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Good News, hope the big kid can play.

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Gregg Marshall was eager to show a couple of reporters video footage of his first Wichita State recruit, Mantas Griskenas.

But he couldn't get the VCR to cooperate. He eventually asked for help, first from graduate assistant Dana Ford, then from a team manager.

Still no luck.

"Somebody's messed with the wires," a frustrated Marshall said.

Then Marshall, the Shockers' new basketball coach, noticed something: He had neglected to insert the tape.

"Might help if I put this in," he said. "It works better."

HemiEd
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
He don't need to be able to run machinery to Coach Basketball!

Saggysack
05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I'd rather have a coach that doesn't know how to operate a VCR than one who knows how to forge documents.

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I'd rather have a coach that doesn't know how to operate a VCR than one who knows how to forge documents.
ROFL

Nice recruiting class ya got there.

ChiTown
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I was at the WSU Basketball Auction a couple of weeks ago and met Coach Marshall and his wife Lynn. They are EXTREMELY good people.
They are going to fit real well into the community in Wichita.

As far as next years team..........I don't know. It could be a tough year for them.

Saggysack
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
ROFL

Nice recruiting class ya got there.

We will see. Atleast the man got some big men with 2:00 left on the clock. Something Turgeon was never able to do. 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 and now a 7 footer. We got considerably bigger this offseason.

On another note. I'm glad Ogirri is gone. Never lived up to his hype. Couisnard can go to as far as I'm concerned. Never lived up to his hype either. He wants the NBA, give it to him. Seeya next year on the bench... in Europe PJ.

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
We will see. Atleast the man got some big men with 2:00 left on the clock. Something Turgeon was never able to do. 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 and now a 7 footer. We got considerably bigger this offseason.

On another note. I'm glad Ogirri is gone. Never lived up to his hype. Couisnard can go to as far as I'm concerned. Never lived up to his hype either. He wants the NBA, give it to him. Seeya next year on the bench... in Europe PJ.
Ogirri was a good shooter and PJ could play some great defense. The team will be a disaster next year, mark my words.

ChiTown
05-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Ogirri was a good shooter and PJ could play some great defense. The team will be a disaster next year, mark my words.

PJ not returning is a huge hit. I don't give a shit what WSU fans say, but that is a BIG loss. Not as big as losing Paul Miller, but it's big.

Saggysack
05-15-2007, 10:25 AM

ROFL

Ogirri was all hype. Good shooters don't have 38FG%.

It very well may be a disaster. I can tell you though, it won't be as big as a disaster as last year.

Saggysack
05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
PJ not returning is a huge hit. I don't give a shit what WSU fans say, but that is a BIG loss. Not as big as losing Paul Miller, but it's big.

PJ will come back. He is rated to low to take his chance in the draft.

As of 2 days ago...

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
He's a good coach Saul unlike the criminal High School Coach the Powercats hired out of sheer panic.

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM

PJ isn't going anywhere. He's going to start at the 2 next year.

Saulbadguy
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
He's a good coach Saul unlike the criminal High School Coach the Powercats hired out of sheer panic.
...and we are still preseason Top 25.

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
...and we are still preseason Top 25.

Good luck with that. What does the pre-season Top 25 trophy look like anyway? :)

Pitt Gorilla
05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
PJ not returning is a huge hit. I don't give a shit what WSU fans say, but that is a BIG loss. Not as big as losing Paul Miller, but it's big.Is Wilson still on that team? He's the guy that gave UNI fits. UNI can match up with just about anyone size-wise, but Miller just killed us.

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Is Wilson still on that team? He's the guy that gave UNI fits. UNI can match up with just about anyone size-wise, but Miller just killed us.

Wilson graduated. Griskenas will take his place.

ChiTown
05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Wilson graduated. Griskenas will take his place.

I wouldn't get too excited about the incoming foreigners coming to WSU. It reeks of the Jim Wooldrige, "oh f u ck, I'm out of time recruiting" technique.

HemiEd
05-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about the incoming foreigners coming to WSU. It reeks of the Jim Wooldrige, "oh f u ck, I'm out of time recruiting" technique.

Hey, remember Sasha Radunovich (sp)? Yeah, you got a point.

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 04:43 PM

I would normally tend to agree most times but Marshall was on the big Nigerian kid when he was at Winthrop so he has a long history with him. The two Juco kids have credentials and the other kid Hart is an athletic 4 at 6'-8" eventhough he doesn't have the big butt you see in a lot of Valley posts.

Saggysack
05-15-2007, 05:05 PM

With the time he had, he did a fantastic job. 2 recruits decided not to come after Turgeon left, and the one that was going to come with or without Turgeon died on the court in front him the 2nd night out recruiting.

I applaud what he was able to come up with. Not even closely similar to Jim Wooldridge recruiting IMO.

ChiefaRoo
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
With the time he had, he did a fantastic job. 2 recruits decided not to come after Turgeon left, and the one that was going to come with or without Turgeon died on the court in front him the 2nd night out recruiting.

I applaud what he was able to come up with. Not even closely similar to Jim Wooldridge recruiting IMO.

I agree. Marshall has already proven he's a good coach and has made the dance with a small school and budget. Wooly never did shite.