View Full Version : Larry Johnson on Jim Rome is Burning today

Mi_chief_fan
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
FYI

Redrum_69
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Burning old timber in the hedgerow?

Burning leftover mulch?

Burning hamburgers left on the grill in the backyard of Jay-Z's palace?

Burning a tower of LT jerseys after reading the LT appreciation thread?

Mi_chief_fan
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Burning old timber in the hedgerow?

Burning leftover mulch?

Burning hamburgers left on the grill in the backyard of Jay-Z's palace?

Burning a tower of LT jerseys after reading the LT appreciation thread?

:huh:

JohnnyV13
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Rome is burning for one lustful glance from the hardbodied men he interviews.

Crashride
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
whats the update on this

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
whats the update on this

3:30 ESPN

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL. Rome just said Charles Barkley was pound-for-pound the strongest human alive.

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 02:38 PM
He's on.

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
LJ says he would not welcome a trade. He loves Kansas City. Says Arrowhead is the greatest venue in the NFL.

**** ALL OF YOU MOTHER****ERS!!!

Calcountry
05-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Here is a poll question: Will Jim Rome begin his show by saying, "Welcome, WHAT is up? Welcome to Jim Rome is burning, today I have a : tremendous; great; outstanding; or phenominal show for you today.

The guy gets off on how many different ways he can say "The hippie lettuce, the chronic, the blunt etc.

Half of those I haven't even heard of Jim, but then hey, that's how you and your boys roll. I'm out.

NewChief
Please keep the transcript coming. Please make the transcript actual, not a bunch of BS crap and jokes.

Fruit Ninja
damn, wher eyou listening to it at?

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
LOL....larry's shitty painted Xbox.

Calcountry
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Rome is burning for one lustful glance from the hardbodied men he interviews.ROFL That reminds me of a former poster here who went by "Burningformansteak".

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
It's over now. He basically said the contract talks were going slow and he had confidence in the offensive line this season.

Calcountry
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Please keep the transcript coming. Please make the transcript actual, not a bunch of BS crap and jokes.I Tivo his show. I find it is a concise way to receive a pertinant feed on all the relevant news in sports.

I also usually skip the boring interview sections, but not today.

trndobrd
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Said he expected contract talks to go slow. Understands team has other needs on offense and defense that need to be addressed before his contract.

Said shopping him was all business, doesn't take it personal.

Reerun_KC
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
LJ says he would not welcome a trade. He loves Kansas City. Says Arrowhead is the greatest venue in the NFL.

**** ALL OF YOU MOTHER****ERS!!!

That bites.. By the time the Chiefs are ready to contend for playoff spots and runs. LJ will be washed up and out of the league..

Herm cant pound LJ in the ass agianst 25,001 man fronts, with 400+ carries and expect LJ to last more than 2 or 3 years at best...

Sucks we couldnt get something for him while he has some what of a trade value left.

Doob02
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
LJ has class lets leave it all at that. He didn't say a whole lot just said he loves KC and Arrowhead in general and made a comment about the O-line and how he feels that everything will turn out alright...

He did say he doesn't want the franchise tag next year and he doesn't want this to turn out like LT...

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Great interview. LJ's a smart guy, if not a great character.

They opened it up by discussing the playoff loss to the Colts, and LJ gave the best explanation for it I've heard yet: the Chiefs came in with no plan B, that the Colts defense had been hearing all week how bad they were at stopping the run and that all they wanted to do was hit LJ. Thus, they won.

He was talking about how he felt at the end of his record season last year. Said he felt worn out, but that he doesn't think there's any kind of abnormal wear and tear since he didn't play that much in college or, really, in KC until this year.

He wants to play in KC, he said. Believe it? Eh. But he said he wants to play in KC, that he loves the "comeraderie" and that Arrowhead is the biggest venue to play in. Loves Arrowhead. He wants to stay here.

That said, he's prepared for a holdout.

But he said he wasn't concerned about the O this year, particularly the OL. Called out Welbourne, Terry, and McIntosh, who are "good friends" and talented players, and referred to Waters and Wiegmann as "outstanding."

Then they went on about the XBox 360, which LJ used his limited education in the arts to dazzle up with some paint. He painted some gun-toting cartoon characters on it, and he talked about plans for a Halo 3 party or whatever.

All in all, good interview, surprisingly well-researched by Jim Rome, and a good rapport between the two.

trndobrd
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Doesn't want to be traded from KC, likes the city and playing at Arrowhead.

Didn't feel the number of carries in terms of being sore, but felt like his legs were tired at the end of the season. Doesn't think the sheer number of carries is too important, he could take 100 off last season and add them to his 2nd season and that would be about right for career carries.

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
If anybody can get a screen cap of LJ's XBox, put it up.

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
He painted some gun-toting cartoon characters on it

LMAO

It was Master Chief from Halo.

Good thing Larry can play football because he sucks at art.

trndobrd
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Doesn't want that many carries again. Thought the pregame hype got the Indy defense fired up to stop the run. Coaches thought something would eventually break in the running game during the 2nd half.

Doesn't want the franchise tag, or a big backloaded contract like LT when he is a 29 year old running back.

Messier
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
That bites.. By the time the Chiefs are ready to contend for playoff spots and runs. LJ will be washed up and out of the league..

Herm cant pound LJ in the ass agianst 25,001 man fronts, with 400+ carries and expect LJ to last more than 2 or 3 years at best...

Sucks we couldnt get something for him while he has some what of a trade value left.

That's a dumb and very Jack Harry thing to say.

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
He's not going to, dumbass.

Gravedigger
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
I really wouldnt be suprised if he was putting on a pretty face. You don't think he would welcome a trade if the buyer was Indianapolis or New England?

Fruit Ninja
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I really wouldnt be suprised if he was putting on a pretty face. You don't think he would welcome a trade if the buyer was Indianapolis or New England?
Well, other people seem to think he is a Randy Moss type player and we all know Randy would say it. I dont think LJ is the guy people think he is. Every interview i have seen of him in the last year and a half, he has been saying all the right things. People will never admit that they may be wrong about LJ. lol

Count Zarth
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
This must be what post-coital glow feels like.

CoMoChief
05-15-2007, 04:04 PM
He'll holdout.

Short Leash Hootie
05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
He'll holdout.
It won't happen.

LJ wants nothing more than to be considered one of the greatest RB's of all time...

Sure he wants the money, but he won't sacrifice ANOTHER season, or ANOTHER game for that matter to roadblock him from his long term goal.

That being said, if he gets no contract this year, he is going to be a HUGE distraction.

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
This must be what post-coital glow feels like.
I have never seen somebody so happy to see a damn player say he likes the actual team he plays on.

noa
05-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I played against LJ on Halo 2 on XBox Live last week. He said he'll work out a decent contract with the Chiefs. No worries. Then I plasma rifled him.

Easy 6
05-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Not that you care, but you are on ignore (THE FIRST) from here 'til perpetuity. You are the single most negative & fukkin annoying poster on this board.

"Oh, i've followed the CHIEFS for 127 years"...who GIVES a damn, find a new team you sadsack sucker.

You are FAR & AWAY the whiniest SOB here & a year later i cant take it anymore, this isnt the worst post, simply the final straw. You & your PIECE OF SHIT FANDOM should go find a local soccer team to root for.

I bet you REALLY suck as an airline captain too..."If you look off to the right side of the plane, you'll see the Colorado River, easily the worst of the so-called major rivers...its always dammed up & never supplies as much water to the southwest as they need, matter of fact, dont bother looking".

With friends like you, who needs enemies.

htismaqe
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
It won't happen.

LJ wants nothing more than to be considered one of the greatest RB's of all time...

Sure he wants the money, but he won't sacrifice ANOTHER season, or ANOTHER game for that matter to roadblock him from his long term goal.

That being said, if he gets no contract this year, he is going to be a HUGE distraction.

I agree with this.

Direckshun
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Not that you care, but you are on ignore (THE FIRST) from here 'til perpetuity. You are the single most negative & fukkin annoying poster on this board.

"Oh, i've followed the CHIEFS for 127 years"...who GIVES a damn, find a new team you sadsack sucker.

You are FAR & AWAY the whiniest SOB here & a year later i cant take it anymore, this isnt the worst post, simply the final straw. You & your PIECE OF SHIT FANDOM should go find a local soccer team to root for.

I bet you REALLY suck as an airline captain too..."If you look off to the right side of the plane, you'll see the Colorado River, easily the worst of the so-called major rivers...its always dammed up & never supplies as much water to the southwest as they need, matter of fact, dont bother looking".

Scott's on fire, gents.

KcMizzou
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Scott's on fire, gents.He's right.

Reerun's name suits him. It's the same post over and over and over...

Woodrow Call
05-15-2007, 05:20 PM

:clap: Rep

Fruit Ninja
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I played against LJ on Halo 2 on XBox Live last week. He said he'll work out a decent contract with the Chiefs. No worries. Then I plasma rifled him.
OMG whats his gamertag!!!!!!! lol

luv
05-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Wow. I think I'm in love.

:p

The dude is almost comparable to Mecca. If you can't find something positive to say, then why are you a fan?

Rep, my friend.

The Bad Guy
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Does it get old?

Does it get old spending all your time online bitching about something over, over and over again?

Give it the **** up already.

The Bad Guy
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM

Great post.

I think people that constantly take every single ****ing thread and turn it into a Herm bash fest have serious mental issues.

It's like Herm is on their mind so much that they can't resist.

All fans did was complain that we needed to get younger, Herm is doing that, and people still whine.

Wahhh, we have a run, run offense, Wahhhhh.

Easy 6
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow. I think I'm in love.

:p

The dude is almost comparable to Mecca. If you can't find something positive to say, then why are you a fan?

Rep, my friend.

Mecca is a Superhero called "Captain Sunshine" compared to that bungmeister.

Cochise
05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Nice ownage by scott free.

I didn't see the interview, but based on this I'm pleasantly surprised about his professionalism regarding the trade talks, the offense, etc. I'm glad he realizes it's just business and that he wants to stay here.

If we were going to trade him, I wouldn't have been against it, but this offseason before the draft was the time. Now he's our running back, hopefully until his productive days in the NFL are over.

Let's hitch our wagons to him and consider that position settled. Build an offense around him. Long live LJ.

CoMoChief
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Wow, tell us how you really feel man.

pikesome
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Mecca is a Superhero called "Captain Sunshine" compared to that bungmeister.

Mecca might be a little too negative sometimes but he usually has a fact or two to back it up. Reerun_KC must have had Herm pee in his Cheerios then fornicate with a family member or two to build up this level of hate. Herm hasn't screwed the team up yet, let that happen before we start glooming and dooming.

Sam Hall
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Did somebody say Jim Rome?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sam Hall
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Rome gets burned

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FD
05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Doesn't think the sheer number of carries is too important, he could take 100 off last season and add them to his 2nd season and that would be about right for career carries.

Eh, thats a pretty good point.

Buehler445
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM

I didn't see the interview, but based on this I'm pleasantly surprised about his professionalism regarding the trade talks, the offense, etc. I'm glad he realizes it's just business and that he wants to stay here.

If we were going to trade him, I wouldn't have been against it, but this offseason before the draft was the time. Now he's our running back, hopefully until his productive days in the NFL are over.

Let's hitch our wagons to him and consider that position settled. Build an offense around him. Long live LJ.

I too am pleasantly surprised by his professionalism. One of the best things about this team is they don't have a bunch of me, me, me B.S. stuff in the media (at least by the players :banghead: ). It is refreshing to listen to post game interviews and hear the right things being said, even if the players don't mean them.

I don't know if LJ is being professional because he knows its just business, or he knows he needs good PR. Either way it reflects well on him.

Reerun_KC
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Awesome dude.. That is some funny sh*t!

:bravo:

Reerun_KC
05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
That's a dumb and very Jack Harry thing to say.

Who the Hell is Jack Harry?

mikey23545
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Great post.

I think people that constantly take every single ****ing thread and turn it into a Herm bash fest have serious mental issues.

It's like Herm is on their mind so much that they can't resist.

Go over to DC and read Jaz's posts about Bush......

noa
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't know if LJ is being professional because he knows its just business, or he knows he needs good PR. Either way it reflects well on him.

I think its like Hootie said. LJ has clear goals in mind and knows that he can't hold out in order to achieve them. Acting like a professional benefits both him and the organization, and that's the only way he'll have the chance to go down as one of the all time greats.

milkman
05-16-2007, 08:15 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't really see what ever it is that is so bad from Redrum.

There are quite a few of us that are cynical about the Chiefs, Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards.

I think that the Chiefs are building the right way for a change, but I fully expect that Herman ****ing Edwards will overuse LJ before the team is actually ready to compete, and that LJ will not be a contributer when the time comes because of that overuse.

If we could get something for him while he has value, that would be outstanding.

Seems like RR has the right idea to me.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Reerun, not Redrum.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't really see what ever it is that is so bad from Redrum.

There are quite a few of us that are cynical about the Chiefs, Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards.

I think that the Chiefs are building the right way for a change, but I fully expect that Herman ****ing Edwards will overuse LJ before the team is actually ready to compete, and that LJ will not be a contributer when the time comes because of that overuse.

If we could get something for him while he has value, that would be outstanding.

Seems like RR has the right idea to me.

You mention Herman ****ing Edwards on a thread about LJ getting run into the ground, or on a thread about the horrible playcalling in the playoffs.

Reerun mentions that Herman Edwards and his butt-sex football have never won more than 10 games in a season on threads about LJ, playcalling, the draft, rookie mini camps, the Royals, and American Idol...

milkman
05-16-2007, 08:49 PM
You mention Herman ****ing Edwards on a thread about LJ getting run into the ground, or on a thread about the horrible playcalling in the playoffs.

Reerun mentions that Herman Edwards and his butt-sex football have never won more than 10 games in a season on threads about LJ, playcalling, the draft, rookie mini camps, the Royals, and American Idol...

I misread.

Reerun, not Redrum.

Id'a sworn he was talking to Redrum.

Thanks for the correction.

Oh, and scott free.

Carry on.

Ignore my lack of reading comprehension.

Or make fun of it.

Your choice.

luv
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I misread.

Id'a sworn he was talking to Redrum.

Thanks for the correction.

Oh, and scott free.

Carry on.

Or make fun of it.

Your choice.
Can I make fun of it?

milkman
05-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Can I make fun of it?

Well, since you can't show some initiative and do it without asking, no.

Guru
05-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Rome gets burned

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
God I love that clip.

Easy 6
05-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Oh, and scott free.

Carry on.

Or make fun of it.

Your choice.

Nope, i'm not going that route, i think its been pretty well established around here that its not my style at all to pounce on every opportunity to bash someone who makes a mistake or attack in a mean-spirited way those who i disagree with.

But Reerun is beyond the pale, even guys like Logical & Mecca etc. can be counted on to find SOMETHING positive once in awhile.

Not Reerun though & i just couldnt bear to hear another word from him.

Reerun_KC
05-17-2007, 07:33 AM

But I can always count on you to point that out for me...

Without you Htismaqe, I would be lost on Chiefsplanet... You are my guiding light, the one that keeps me on the path of righteousness when I stray...

Thanks for always being there for me!

Reerun_KC
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Nope, i'm not going that route, i think its been pretty well established around here that its not my style at all to pounce on every opportunity to bash someone who makes a mistake or attack in a mean-spirited way those who i disagree with.

But Reerun is beyond the pale, even guys like Logical & Mecca etc. can be counted on to find SOMETHING positive once in awhile.

Not Reerun though & i just couldnt bear to hear another word from him.

Well rather you can read this or not...

Here are some positives about Herm... He is a great evaluator of talent... He has the ability to find guys in the later rounds that contribute on a high level... He can build a solid defense that keeps his teams in most games. Always seems to have solid place kickers... Loves to play the late 80's smash mouth, line em up, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, play action type of game...

One thing I really like about Herm is his willingness to cut the dead weight and get this team younger... DV wouldn’t let people like Hicks go, when Hicks needed to go 3-4 years ago....

Herm is building a solid foundation or core of players here that will be able to contribute too many wins in the future and hopefully will still be here when Both CARL and HERM are gone in the next 3 years…

htismaqe
05-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Well rather you can read this or not...

Here are some positives about Herm... He is a great evaluator of talent... He has the ability to find guys in the later rounds that contribute on a high level... He can build a solid defense that keeps his teams in most games. Always seems to have solid place kickers... Loves to play the late 80's smash mouth, line em up, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, play action type of game...

One thing I really like about Herm is his willingness to cut the dead weight and get this team younger... DV wouldn’t let people like Hicks go, when Hicks needed to go 3-4 years ago....

Herm is building a solid foundation or core of players here that will be able to contribute too many wins in the future and hopefully will still be here when Both CARL and HERM are gone in the next 3 years…

There you go. Willing to admit that there IS good with the bad. Willing to accept that the world is not black and white.

Should we ask a mod to change your name to Newrun_KC?

:D

keg in kc
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
When we need to judge Herm offensively is when he has the opportunity to build the offense he envisions, when he can put together an offensive line rather than piece one together, when he has his players in place, at their prime, rather than older players on the decline. How the team performs then will determine whether he's really a detriment to the unit or not.

InChiefsHell
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM

EXACLTY!! That's what I was saying, but even before the draft. We have a great young running back. Lets build on that...going from Priest to Larry was awesome, I don't know that we would be that lucky again.

Long live LJ indeed!

Short Leash Hootie
05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I am big on Herm because look who was in the Super Bowl last year...Lovie and Dungy.

Reerun_KC
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
There you go. Willing to admit that there IS good with the bad. Willing to accept that the world is not black and white.

Should we ask a mod to change your name to Newrun_KC?

:D

I had to go and wash my mouth with bleach for saying that about Herm...

ROFL... Kidding....

Thanks for the name change Idea, but I will stick with Reerun, have carried that name since I was 1 or 2 according to the family... Now 34.. Will stick with it...