PDA

View Full Version : My Bad!!!

AustinChief
04-16-2001, 01:35 PM
Well this time I donīt have anyone to blame but myself... I was in the south of Spain for the last week and the Planet crashed because of my ignorance of MySQL grant tables... I have since undergone INTENSIVE training (yesterday and today) and will be better prepared in the future. Sorry it took so long... but I was on the beach without any knowledge that things had blown up...

I wonīt be taking anymore trips where I donīt have access for at least two months so everything should run smoooth from now on... (famous last words)

I still have to make some changes to the database but Iīll do it ONLY during the early morning hours (3-5 CST) so we shouldnīt see any serious downtime.

Disculpe,

Kyle

47mack
04-16-2001, 01:47 PM
No apology necessary. The planet is a benefit that we all enjoy. Though, it is pretty damn boring when it is down.

Iowanian
04-16-2001, 01:48 PM
(in my best Karoke "cinderella" voice)

Kyle, I'm jealous as can be......

The down time does suck, but I think(at least me) it makes us appreciate how nice this site is, and how rational(even those with opposing views) typically are...

haven't had a rational conversation on a BB for 2 weeks.

Thanks Kyle...no need to be sorry.

(I'm trying to figure out how to make my bosses realize they'll miss me this much as reviews come up);)

gh4chiefs
04-16-2001, 01:58 PM
No problem Kyle,

I think most of understand that you're doing this with no financial support on your own time because of your love of Chiefs football. Even though I'm disappointed when it's down, I really do appreciate your efforts. I was taught not to complain about a free lunch with my mouth full. And please don't deny yourself a trip because of us. :)

Pitt Gorilla
04-16-2001, 02:00 PM
Wow, it's good to be back. I refused to visit the other board and mlbtalk and nfltalk are still down and have been for about a week; we'll just say that it hasn't been a very good week for the Gorilla household. Thanks for getting us back on track. I hope all the regulars find their way back.

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2001, 02:04 PM
We are back up. Dam* I miss this sight. There really is no comparison. Thanks Kyle.

BIG DADDY

The Lakers still winning and now the planets back up.:)

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2001, 02:14 PM
No more Idolizing of Jim Rome. No more posts about how Bush has single handedly destroyed our planet in 90 days. Better yet no one telling me that China is the same as America. Good grief. I kept clicking my heels but couldn't get home.

NaptownChief
04-16-2001, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I was starting to get the shakes and sweats with the draft coming up and nobody to talk to about Chiefs football...Even sportstalk site has been down all week...That is kinda my last resort spot when I am desperate during the Planet downtimes and I didn't even have them to fall back on...Tough week...

Alton deFlat
04-16-2001, 02:24 PM
Great to have you back. I even checked out that NEPA Chiefs site. Not too bad, but I posted one time and someone asked me to change my name, because mine was too close to one of their regulars. Pooey on that!!!!

Mile High Mania
04-16-2001, 02:34 PM
Sad thing is that it showed how much we all need lives.

NaptownChief
04-16-2001, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mile High Mania
Sad thing is that it showed how much we all need lives.

Or that we all have lives that we want to get away from....

kcred
04-16-2001, 02:52 PM
No apologies necessary Kyle, just thank you for getting us back up. Wish I could have been watching the girls at the beach, too.

tommykat
04-16-2001, 03:08 PM
Kyle,
Thank you so much. As we all stated, no lives, no good quality conversation about the Chiefs. No apologies needed. You have to many happy campers!! Way :cool: You could always post a picture of your family in Spain on the beach.....LOL. Just envious.

ExtremeChief
04-16-2001, 03:32 PM
While I did lurk on other BB's for awhile, and even got a spam message about a "real Chiefs community" (anyone else get that one???), I missed the hell out of this place...everything you do to keep this place alive is greatly appreciated...

happily back on the planet...

old_geezer
04-16-2001, 04:29 PM
Just wanted to add my thanks that the Planet is back up. I missed the intelligent conversation here that is sadly lacking on the other board. :D

JOhn
04-16-2001, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the BB. Glad to have it back.

old_geezer
04-16-2001, 06:03 PM
Gee but it's great to be back home; home is where I want to be, I've been on the road so long my friend........It's the same old story everywhere I go; I've been slandered, liabled, I hear words I never heard in the bible and I'm so tired; I'm so tired, just trying to keep the customers satisfied - satisfied. :D

With apoligies to Simon and Garfunkle

RJ
04-16-2001, 06:14 PM
Geez, Kyle, you neglected your MySQL's? What an elementary mistake. How could you?

What's a MySQL?

Never mind. Don't want to know. Thanks as always for your efforts. You do a great job and it is appreciated.

redhed
04-16-2001, 07:26 PM
Hey, I'm in that group!! ^ I really dig this BB! :D

Warrior5
04-16-2001, 07:38 PM
Thanks for getting the Planet back up Kyle! Your timing is impeccable...6 days and counting.
I should post this as a separate post, but...
if Dan Morgan is available whenever the Chiefs pick, I want him!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-16-2001, 08:22 PM
Man am I glad to see this place back up, <b>Thanks, Kyle</b>!

When we migrated over here, I made a vow never to post over on the old BB again. Either a clean break or nothing. I've ghosted there a few times when this place is down, but <b>THIS is home</b>.

Pardon me now, but I feel a much needed shower is necessary to get TOBB off of my hands. :D

TheFly
04-16-2001, 08:58 PM
What's the hell wrong with this board? I am so sick of the 1 day up, 1 week down. I realize this is a volunteer run board. I'm just glad it's not a volunteer fire department!

Sorry folks, I love the board, but am sick to death of all the downtime. Either fix it, or kill it.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Luzap
04-16-2001, 09:49 PM
As for me...

I'd rather have one day of the Planet, than a whole week of brand x.

Luz
enjoys quality over quantity ~ thanks Kyle...

Mark M
04-17-2001, 05:59 AM
Let me see here ... I lose access at work and at home and the planet goes down. The day after I get internet at home it comes back up. Coincidence ... ? :confused:

MM
~~Grinning from ear to ear.

Iron Chef
04-17-2001, 06:29 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You. nuff said

shakesthecat
04-17-2001, 06:39 AM
Thanks Kyle! It's nice to have my reason for going to work back.

bishop_74
04-17-2001, 07:26 AM
Kyle...ahem...thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. I get livid everytime I start to read the other board.