PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Greensburg

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Unreal. Amazing everyone wasn't killed. God bless 'em all.

from the air...
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornadoaerials/

from the ground...
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornado/

KcMizzou
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Amazing everyone wasn't killed.

No doubt. It's terrible that anyone was lost, but it could have been so much worse.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
No doubt. It's terrible that anyone was lost, but it could have been so much worse.
When you posted so fast I was sure you were going to say repost. I didn't even look first.

:)

KcMizzou
05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
When you posted so fast I was sure you were going to say repost. I didn't even look first.

:)Meh, I'm not a repost cop.

This is a repost. I don't care. She's my new favorite golfer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2864018

But the shy Kim, who often tees up her answer to a reporter's question with a giggle, also has a heart that appreciates the world around her. That's why after she saw the disaster ravaged on Greensburg, Kan., by a tornado last Friday that killed 10 and demolished 95 percent of the town, Kim decided to donate $100,000 to people she had never met living in a state she had never visited.

"Honestly, I make a lot of money in the USA," Kim said Tuesday at the Michelob Ultra Open at the Kingsmill Resort & Spa. "Mostly, I have made donations in Korea. But I wanted to help here, too."

SLAG
05-15-2007, 09:09 PM

:)

Repost!

-feel better?? :p

I hope the farmers get their crops done in time.. so that they can continue BAU

OPINION:
Honestly I think KS would get less tornado's if we didn't kill so many babies

just a thought

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
This is a repost. I don't care. She's my new favorite golfer.

Cool. Hadn't seen that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-15-2007, 09:14 PM
OPINION:

Not sure if I was suppossed to laugh at that... but I did anyway.

KcMizzou
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Cool. Hadn't seen that.Keitzman was talking about it today. He was basically complaining that our "celebs" haven't come out or done much of anything to help, while this young woman has made such a huge contribution.

He implied that if they were standing around complaining about the government, there'd be more press. Instead, they're working on getting their lives back in order.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Instead, they're working on getting their lives back in order.
Damn them.

Skip Towne
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
It surely could have. The F5 that hit Blackwell, OK and Udall, KS in 1955 killed 100 people. The difference is that Greensburg had 20 minutes notice it was coming.

Buehler445
05-15-2007, 10:37 PM
I hope the farmers get their crops done in time.. so that they can continue BAU

Not going to happen. All of the wheat was freeze damaged, and F'ed to start with, and im sure that the 200 MPH wind destroyed the structure of the wheat head. Depending on when they got their fall crops in, they may be OK, if the fields aren't full of debris/cars/houses/etc. As far as livestock go, I've heard that all the fences are gone, along with cows. Infrastructure for watering them is probably gone also.

Another bad thing is that since they are not in the municipality, I have heard that they get no FEMA help. I don't know if there is truth to that or not. I know they will get Federal Crop insurance if they bought it, but I don't know what kind of risk management there is for livestock.

Bad bad deal. These people need all the help (especially monetarily) they can get.

leviw
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Drove through Greensburg this weekend. Very, very sad.

A lot of the debris clean-up appears to be done, so there is literally nothing ...nothing... but shredded trees in 90% of the town. One of the most devestating things I've seen in person, and it's more than two months since it happend.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Drove through Greensburg this weekend. Very, very sad.

A lot of the debris clean-up appears to be done, so there is literally nothing ...nothing... but shredded trees in 90% of the town. One of the most devestating things I've seen in person, and it's more than two months since it happend.
I wonder what those folks are going to do.

Pitt Gorilla
07-15-2007, 10:55 PM
OPINION:

just a thoughtI was honestly unaware of the correlation. Fortunately, my family has never killed any babies, so they won't get hit.