PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Lakers repeat as World Champions.

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2001, 04:32 PM
I know all of you hate my Lakers but they are going to repeat as world champions. San Antonio and Portland are the only team that have the talent to even compete. Portland is playing like crap and I like our chances against San Antonio as well. Anyone disagree?

NaptownChief
04-16-2001, 04:34 PM
If and when they do, it will only further my disgust and growing dislike of the NBA....

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2001, 04:39 PM
jl80,

Old celtics fan huh?

ExtremeChief
04-16-2001, 04:44 PM
The only real trouble I see for the lakers may be Sacramento, they're playing pretty good ball right now...I watched the game vs. Portland yesterday, if Portland can learn to play together, they'll be pretty tough...Kobe did seem to pass pretty often yesterday, if he's unselfish they've got a good chance to win it all...

still havin trouble believing the Mavs will be in the playoffs...

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2001, 04:59 PM
Extreme,

I am not worried about Sacramento at all. The Lakers beat them 3/4 games this season. The one win by the kings was kobeless. The bottom line is Divak can't guard Shaq. I worry about Portland a little and San Antonio more.

NaptownChief
04-16-2001, 07:13 PM
Big Daddy,

No to the Celtic fan....As a kid I grew up a Bulls fan up until the bandwagon got way over populated in the Jordan era...I follow with very little passion my hometown Pacers. But I prefer to watch a lot of the young west coast teams like the Clippers.

Ever since the NBA tried to sell the game on isolation one on one above the rim action I began to lose any and all passion for the game. I am hoping the new rules change will put the emphisis back on being a thinking mans game with outstanding fundamentals rather than the garbage it is now...

One of the most exciting things about college basketball especially the tourney, is to see how different styles matchup...ie Wisconsin D vs a Billy Tubbs Okalhoma/TCU run and gun...Or a Pete Carrill Princeton team vs a John Cheaney matchup zone....

With the NBA it is nothing more than watching all 30 teams run the same boring a$$ one on one isolations...

NaptownChief
04-16-2001, 07:22 PM
To the top... Just moving the thread to the top cause it didn't pick up my last post for some reason....

RJ
04-16-2001, 07:41 PM
Lakers, should they last long enough, fall eventually to San Antonio. Spurs go on to defeat Iverson & co. in finals. I'll like the NBA a little better if some decent citizens come out on top.

KCWolfman
04-16-2001, 09:42 PM
There is still an NBA?

I thought they went out of business when Michael retired?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-16-2001, 09:50 PM
After the Spirit of St. Louis didn't get picked up for the NBA/ABA merger and after the Kings moved from KC, I didn't follow the NBA much, except to root for Larry Bird over Magic whenever possible.

Then when expansion came along, I figured I'd pick one of the new teams to root for since it didn't look like Basketball was coming back to Missouri anytime soon, so I took the Minnesota T-Wolves. I've been following them since their opening game and still have hopes for them. I thought the Garnett, Marburry,Gugliotta, Garner line was going to go pretty far, they gave Houston all they wanted, but after that year, they split the team up and it's never quite clicked the same way since. (sigh)

I'm hoping the T-wolves get through the first round, but I don't expect much more than that. Then again, they could be in the East, where they 'd have been in third place last week instead of eighth in the West. :D

BIG_DADDY
04-17-2001, 02:24 PM
rjintx,

I don't think the 76ers are even going to make it. I think that the Bucks may shock everyone by taking the East. The West will could be the Lakers, Spurs or even the Blazers. The Spurs have never played better but I still think the Lakers are going to pull it off. Of course I am a Lakers fan.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2001, 11:03 AM
Shaquille O'Neal 13 for 13 from the free throw line.
33 points and 13 rebounds. Babaaaaaaaam

Trailblazers are going down.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2001, 04:00 PM
The Lakers are annihilating those Blazers. Did anybody see those cheep shots? The Blazers are a bunch of thugs. The Lakers had to beat the refs in this one as well and still wooped that a$$. This team is going to be tough to beat even if you are the Spurs.

BIG_DADDY
05-08-2001, 04:42 PM
Here we go, game 2 tonight against the Queens. BIG DADDY has a few predictions for game 2:

1. The Lakers will win.
2. Half the team will try and guard Shaq tonight and still fail.
3. Divak will spend half the game flopping. (The lying king)
4. Shaq will be kicking the ball out tonight to a wide open Fisher, Fox, Bryant, Horry, Grant who will knock down 50%+ from the field.
5. The defense will be even better than the last game.

Stojakovic is the only wildcard in the game. Hopefully Fox takes him out like he did in the last game. Here is to lucky #13 in a row.