PDA

View Full Version : Former Head of CIA's Osama Unit says Ron Paul "exactly correct"

BucEyedPea
05-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Michael Scheuer, the former head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit, has weighed in on the controversy surrounding the Republican Presidential debate held Tuesday May 15, when Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) stated that American foreign policy was a “contributing factor” in the 9/11 attacks.

“They attack us because we’ve been over there; we’ve been bombing Iraq for 10 years.” Paul said. He was then denounced by former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani who said it was “absurd” and that he’d “never” heard such a thing before demanding a retraction.

In an interview with Antiwar.com’s Antiwar Radio on May 18, Scheuer, who was the head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit, Alec Station, and authored the books Through Our Enemies Eyes and Imperial Hubris, said “I thought Mr. Paul captured it the other night exactly correctly. This war is dangerous to America because it’s based, not on gender equality,[LOL!] as Mr. Giuliani suggested, or any other kind of freedom, but simply because of what we do in the Islamic World – because ‘we’re over there,’ basically, as Mr. Paul said in the debate.”

Scheuer also agreed with Dr. Paul’s statement in the debate that the war in Iraq was a diversion from capturing or killing Osama bin Laden and that bin Laden was “delighted” that the U.S. is occupying Iraq as it has become a training ground and recruiting tool for new jihadists joining the movement.

MP3 Here (http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2007/05/19/former-head-of-cias-osama-unit-backs-up-rep-ron-paul/)

BTW there is a whole section in the "9/11 Commission Report" devoted to "blowback" and Guiliani, says he never heard of such a thing. Yet, he's the HERO of 9/11. Shouldn't he have read it by now if he plans on being POTUS as in-charge of American foreign policy?
s never

BucEyedPea
05-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Talk about a gaffe or putting "one's foot in their mouth"...seems to me that Paul Wolfowitz, a chief architect of the Iraq invasion, inadvertenly agrees with Paul as well.

“There are a lot of things that are different now [that the U.S. occupies Iraq], and one that has gone by almost unnoticed – but it’s huge – is that … we can now remove almost all of our forces from Saudi Arabia. Their presence there over the last 12 years has been a source of enormous difficulty for a friendly government. It’s been a huge recruiting device for al Qaeda.

“In fact if you look at bin Laden, one of his principle grievances was the presence of so-called crusader forces on the holy land, Mecca and Medina. I think just lifting that burden from the Saudis is itself going to open the door to other positive things.

“I don’t want to speak in messianic terms. It’s not going to change things overnight, but it’s a huge improvement.”

LMAO!

Seems to me that it gives credence to one theory as to why we went in....a new location for bases. Wait a minute! That's just what they don't like period.:spock:

Dept of Defense (http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=2594)

HolmeZz
05-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I'VE HEARD SOME PRETTY ABSURD EXPLANATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 11TH

jAZ
05-19-2007, 01:06 PM
It's a national disgrace that our nation isn't allowed to publicly discuss the the idea that our actions had consequences.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
It's a national disgrace that our nation isn't allowed to publicly discuss the the idea that our actions had consequences.
And yet! One thing conservatives are taught and promote is that ideas/laws always have unintended consequences. Trust me when I switched parties this was one thing that sold me.

For every action there is a reaction.

the Talking Can
05-19-2007, 04:03 PM
no good little fascist would ask questions when they could simply use the event for political gain...

All Giuliani is saying is that he is every bit the idiot Bush is...Republicans are prouds of ignorance. Iraq is proof enough of that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM

But that might actually mean taking some responsibility for things. And by gawd, that just ain't 'Merican.

Jenson71
05-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I'VE HEARD SOME PRETTY ABSURD EXPLANATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 11TH

I'm still not convinced HolmeZz. I still think the real blame lies with the pagans, abortionists, and gays.

patteeu
05-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I hear those tiny gears in the surrenderists' heads spinning. Soon, surrendering the entire middle east to radical islamists will be their plan for resolving our differences with al Qaeda.

HolmeZz
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I hear those tiny gears in the surrenderists' heads spinning. Soon, surrendering the entire middle east to radical islamists will be their plan for resolving our differences with al Qaeda.

Corey Hart would've made a sweet Sec. of Defense.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVocO2F-iyY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVocO2F-iyY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
05-21-2007, 01:51 PM
No shit Ron Paul's correct.

But that's not what the base wants to hear, so it's not going to sell.

Radar Chief
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM

I’m just :LOL: at all the people singing the praises of Ron Paul when he basically makes the connection from Iraq to al Qaeda. ;)

Amnorix
05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't quite understand why alot of people -- alot of very smart people -- think the world can be our puppet and we're the puppeteers.

Logical
05-21-2007, 02:15 PM

I don't think there is a base for the kind of ideas Ron Paul is presenting. That would include the Libertarian party.

BucEyedPea
05-21-2007, 03:09 PM

That base is splintering...and it will splinter further. Our resident Empire Builders who insist on pragmatism in every other area of govt with compromise can make no concessions here. The result is they have driven the party over a cliff, the military over a cliff and the nation toward suicide.

patteeu
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't quite understand why alot of people -- alot of very smart people -- think the world can be our puppet and we're the puppeteers.

The world is filled with puppets and while I concede that it's folly to think that we can be puppetmaster for a well choreographed play aimed at exclusively benefiting the US, I think it's equally naive to think that taking ourselves out of the game will benefit us as other puppetmasters do their best to pull the strings.

unlurking
05-21-2007, 06:07 PM
The world is filled with puppets and while I concede that it's folly to think that we can be puppetmaster for a well choreographed play aimed at exclusively benefiting the US, I think it's equally naive to think that taking ourselves out of the game will benefit us as other puppetmasters do their best to pull the strings.
Unfortunately I agree with this.

I'm waiting for the miracle alternative energy source (nuclear power plants and EVs) to allow us to survive off American (North and South) oil and get out of the ME puppet show. Then we can sit and watch Europe get over run (more than they are now). Would actually really enjoy watching Islam face-off against China as well. That would be one hell of a show.

Taco John
05-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Our damned shortsighted forefathers... Bunch of idiots, am I right?

patteeu
05-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately I agree with this.

I'm waiting for the miracle alternative energy source (nuclear power plants and EVs) to allow us to survive off American (North and South) oil and get out of the ME puppet show. Then we can sit and watch Europe get over run (more than they are now). Would actually really enjoy watching Islam face-off against China as well. That would be one hell of a show.

Sounds good to me.

patteeu
05-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Our damned shortsighted forefathers... Bunch of idiots, am I right?

I don't think they were under any illusion about their ability to determine the best course of action for future generations. If they were, they wouldn't have provided an amendment process for the constitution, for example.