PDA

View Full Version : Druckenmiller

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 10:03 AM
If we end up signing Druckenmiller, Hawaiianboy is going to have a hay day laughing at yet another former 9er QB being put out to pasture in KC....

However, I would personally rather have Druckenmiller than Dilfer....

HC_Chief
04-17-2001, 10:11 AM
If he has finally pulled his head out of his arse, Druck is actually a good option for backup: young, strong arm, experienced, athletic. The <i>was</i> a former #1 selection - he obviously has the tools; he's just been an idiot off the field. Lack of maturity and focus - not unlike Mr Leaf.

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 10:13 AM
I think he would be a decent option to come in and compete with Collins for the starting job...I just don't want Dilfer under any circumstance....

ROYC75
04-17-2001, 10:26 AM
I don't have a problem with Druckenmiller or Maddox as a backup.......Not sold on Dilfer as #1QB either....Likewise with Collins.....Grab Steve Buuurrrrllline (he he) as #1 for a season or 2 and catch a better QBotf in the draft this year or next !

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 10:29 AM
Roy,

I pretty much agree...Burrrrline would be a good short term solution if he is healthy...

Wouldn't give a plug nickle for Dilfer....

47mack
04-17-2001, 03:14 PM
I say no to Druckenmiller. I would be on Hawaiianboy's side with this one. When was the last time the Chiefs MADE their own star QB???? Stop taking back ups from losing teams and mold our own winner!

I say if they can't get Greene, then either draft a QB or go with Collins.

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 03:20 PM
47Mack,

I agree with you in theory...Plus I would prefer to go with Collins over just about all other possibilities...But as for drafting a QBOTF, that could be a problem this year cause virtually all of them looked to be on par with Matt Blundin type value in this draft....

Logical
04-17-2001, 03:21 PM
47mack

Collins is someone elses reject also (Buffalo's) and there is not a single QB in the draft this year that you would start this season. So how are you going to avoid using someone elses reject? Not endorsing Druckenmiller but not opposed either. Just find the logic flawed.

47mack
04-17-2001, 03:24 PM
Logical

My point is that the Chiefs always resort to a 2nd or 3rd string QB from another team....especially San Fran. Where has it gotten them?

morphius
04-17-2001, 03:27 PM
I think Maddox was the better of the two in the XFL and sometimes showed something. I still think Buerline (sp?) is our best option, not too overpriced, wants to play here, and doesn't cost us a first and a third. Then draft a QB if there are any worth picking up.

I just don't see an upside to Druck.

milkman
04-18-2001, 12:49 AM
I said about a month ago that I expect the Chiefs to persue Maddox after the XFL season is over. He has been, from all reports, the most productive QB in that league, and is a UCLA product.

DaneMcCloud
04-18-2001, 02:06 AM
Let me get this straight: You guys would rather have an NFL reject, XFL nobody in Druckenmiller than Trent Dilfer, a man who was 4th overall in the draft and just won a Super Bowl? Where can I get what you guys a drinking?! Trent Dilfer's numbers over the past 4 years are better than Grbac's or Brad Johnson's, he's a proven winner and if he can EVER play for a team that has decent receivers, the guy will put up very respectable numbers. How many Super Bowls did DeBerg win? How about Dan Fouts? Or Randall Cunningham? How about Jim McMahon? Some people are born leaders and winners, and Trent Dilfer, despite his bad rap is a winner. I for one would love to see him in Red & Gold, and think that Maddox and Druckenmiller are jokes!

NaptownChief
04-18-2001, 08:09 AM
Hollywood McCloud,

Mark Rypien won a SB you want him too?

milkman
04-18-2001, 11:46 AM
Dane,
I'm not saying I want to see Maddox and Druckenmiller. I'm expressing the opinion that, along with Dilfer, those guys will be signed by the Chiefs to compete in camp. Given the Chiefs history with 49er rejects, and their recent propensity to look toward all things UCLA, these seem like gimme signings.