PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion About Saturday...

FloridaChief
04-17-2001, 10:44 AM
I was reading in another thread about worries that this board wouldn't be up Saturday at NFL Draft time. I have to agree with that. In fact, the KC Star BB probably will be over loaded and will go down or we won't be able to access it.

Given as I would like to share thoughts and opinions w/ other Chiefs fans in real time, I was thinking: would anyone be interested in going to a chat room (somewhere) for the draft on Saturday? We wouldn't have to worry about crashing servers on the Planet or the Star BBs for that time period. One thing: I don't know the location of a serviceable chat room--Does anyone have a suggestion for a place we could 'invade' on Draft day? Is anyone else interested in doing the real-time chat thing vs the BBs?

What say?

HC_Chief
04-17-2001, 10:48 AM
Try IRC.

You can download free IRC(Internet Relay Chat) programs such as mIRC from <a href="http://www.tucows.com">Tucows</a>. You can then setup a 'channel' such as #KCChiefs_Chat on any IRC server you choose.

There is a learning curve involved...

This site <i>should</i> be up though!

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 10:48 AM
I think that would be pretty cool if the BB is not able to keep up...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-17-2001, 11:06 AM
I'll be in Cleveland this weekend taking my first formal test in Kendo. However, I intend to be back at the hotel sometime that evening to see how we did the first day.

I highly second the suggestion to set up a room on #IRC. All you need is for someone to "create" a room and everyone else can use it. There are a few learning curves, but if I can figure it out, anyone can :D (Hmm, that doesn't sound so good..., oh well).

I'm going to have to hope the Chiefs have good enough sense to pass on Green and either grab Tomlinson or Henry with their pick. We need a good RB to compliment T Rich. Why waste one of the best FB's in the game? Then to appease Gaz, all our 3rd and 4th rounders should be stud defenders. After that, lets get some good quality players for those horendous special teams and good quality back-ups.

Just my prescription

Gaz
04-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Then to appease Gaz

'Bout dam' time someone started appeasing me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Painfully unappeased on a regular basis.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-17-2001, 11:11 AM
What am I thinking?

Gaz is an engineer, I'm a tech writer....

I can't start agreeing with him :D:D

HC_Chief
04-17-2001, 11:15 AM
I'll set one up if an Admin wants to link it to this site.

Gaz
04-17-2001, 11:16 AM
It is over already?

Geez, I thought appeasing would last longer than thatů

xoxo~
Gaz
Now knows how his ex-wife felt.

Archie F. Swin
04-17-2001, 11:26 AM
maybe we should schedule a practice run.

someone could establish a chat room and post the addy on this thread. maybe even schedule a practice meeting to see that everyone arrives in the room without much confusion.

The only problem I see, is that the Saturday chat address (room name) would have to be the same as the practice room address. 'Cause if the Da Planet goes down ,no one is gonna know where to meet.

I not exactly sure I'll be around on draft day.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-17-2001, 11:29 AM
OUCH!

HC_Chief
04-17-2001, 12:16 PM
I have submitted a request for registration of channel: #ChiefsPlanet at stlouis.mo.us.othernet.org

<b>To Join</b>

In mIRC Options, next to 'Server', click 'add', type in ChiefsPlanet in the first field, cut & paste <b>stlouis.mo.us.othernet.org</b> into the second field, then click 'Add'. Click 'Connect to IRC server'

Under 'Enter name of channel to join', type #ChiefsPlanet, then click 'OK'

Once the channel is registered, an admin can permanently link the channel to the ChiefsPlanet website. :)

JOhn
04-17-2001, 12:21 PM
Cool HC, I have Mirc also, let me know when it's set up.

HC_Chief
04-17-2001, 12:22 PM
It's up right now... just not registered ;)

Anyone can join - as long as you have an IRC program (such as mIRC, pIRCh, etc) If you don't, go to www.tucows.com and download one - they're small, and free :D