PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs Do The Unexpected & Draft In The 1st Round....

AJKCFAN
04-17-2001, 01:32 PM
Nate Clements (CB) - Ohio State

Jeff Backus (LT) - Michigan

Jamar Fletcher (CB) - Wisconsin

Willie Middlebrooks (CB) - Minnesota

Chad Johnson (WR) - Oregon State

Travis Henry (RB) - Tennessee

Freddie Mitchell (WR) - UCLA

Dan Morgan (LB) - Miami

Shaun Rogers (DT) - Texas

Chris Chambers (WR) - Wisconsin

AJKCFAN
04-17-2001, 01:38 PM
That poll should mean the Chiefs 1st Round Pick, either at # 12 or via a trade which still has them drafting in the 1st Round (from 9-20).

We'll assume that they stay at # 12...

Pitt Gorilla
04-17-2001, 02:51 PM
I don't believe any of these options would suit the Chiefs. Smoot, McCalister, or Thomlinson probably represent their only options. If these aren't available, or a top D-tackle, look for Trent or Brees.

Logical
04-17-2001, 03:00 PM
Most of these are very late first rounders or second rounders, with the exception of Dan Morgan I would be mad as hell if the Chiefs picked any of them.

Phobia
04-17-2001, 03:08 PM
The only one I see that is worth the #12 is Morgan, IMHO. I don't think we'll draft him but he got my vote anyway.

AJKCFAN
04-17-2001, 03:13 PM
I know... that's why it's "unexpected".

Phil:

Right you are about Morgan, but it would definitely be unexpected if the Chiefs took him at # 12.

Logical
04-17-2001, 03:26 PM
AJKCFAN

So your poll question is really:

If the Chiefs do something really stupid in the draft with their #12 pick, who will it be used on?

Not just something unexpected?

morphius
04-17-2001, 03:30 PM
If we look at if Logical's way then it would have to been an offensive tackle, because they would make me want to start breaking legs.

AJKCFAN
04-17-2001, 03:39 PM
Jim:

Yeah. Doing the unexpected, which would make all of us just go bezerk...

AJKCFAN
04-17-2001, 04:32 PM
This could easily happen.

Bartee was a 6th round pick chosen in the 2nd Round.

Wesley wasn't even supposed to be drafted at all!

So this may be a very interesting poll, should the Chiefs prove the Draft Experts wrong and unearth someone we weren't ready for.

Too bad there wasn't an 11th option, would've had Will Allen (CB) from Syracuse on it, but I have this strange hunch that if it is a surprise pick, we're going WR (which explains my vote for Chad Johnson).

The Chiefs did arrange a private workout for him, you know...

Otter
04-17-2001, 07:27 PM
I would like to go on the record saying that I'm willing to wager a weeks worth of Adam's pay that if the Chiefs still have the number 12 pick they draft one of the 3 players:

1. Drew Breese - read it and weep
2. Mike Bennett - if Duece and LaDaine are gone
3. Dan Morgan - the best of the three options IMO

They will get (a) DT(s) and WR(s) in the later rounds and if Brees isn't taken they'll take QB Mike McMahon with one of their 3rd round picks.

Last years draft was Gun's doing.

I ask that any and all payment arrangments, should the above be deemed false, be made directly with Adam. :D

Warrior5
04-17-2001, 08:33 PM
Fire away, but if he's there when the Chiefs pick, I want him!
Since NFL Talk went down, haven't seen many mock drafts posted. TSN/Pompei have NOBODY drafting Morgan before #12.
Before NFL Talk down, various mocks had either the 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, or Packers drafting him.
Still too early to tell...too many deals will happen before and during the draft.

Gaz
04-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Morgan would stun me, but then I would do the happy dance until I dropped from exhaustion [I might last two or even three minutes].

xoxo~
Gaz
Just little bit out of shape.

KCTitus
04-18-2001, 08:41 AM
Gaz: so I guess you're not riding the F-bombing bike anymore, eh?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-18-2001, 08:54 AM
As I stated in an earlier post, I 'd really like to see the Chiefs draft either Henry or Tomlinson, then use the rest of our 3rd and 4th rounders on Defense, 5-7 on best available players to get some good solid STers and back-ups (future starters, perhaps not immediate plug-ins).

I like a dominating defense as much as the next guy. After living here in Baltimore and having to watch/read about the Raven's Defense last year, I can appreciate how a bone crushing, dominating, run-stuffing defense could turn a mid-level team into Super Bowl champions. There's something to be said about going an entire season, to include the playoffs, without giving up a 100 yard rushing game to any single running back. Not Bettis, not George, not Anderson, not Wheatley, not Dillon.....

That being said, I still think that on O, the only thing the Chiefs have been lacking for YEARS is a dominating RB. Tony Richardson is the premier FB in the league, but he's not what I'd call a prototypical RB and "3 yards and a cloud of dust" isn't the way I want to see the Chiefs playing, which is Tony's strength.

So, let's get a RB that we can have for <b>years</b> and then let's shore up the D with some guys who are hungry and enjoy ripping heads off.