PDA

View Full Version : It's Your Call! (FT)

Archie F. Swin
04-17-2001, 08:26 PM
What? a football topic started by C.R. Pants?

This, my friends, may be a sign of armagedon!

This should be fun . . .

#1) You make the first round choice for the Kansas City Chiefs.

#2) You get back to reality and pick who you think the Chiefs will choose in the first round .

No need for explaining your choice, we know you want the best for the Chiefs.

I'll go first

I Pick: Michael Bennett

Chiefs Pick: Deuce McAllister

Cormac
04-17-2001, 08:30 PM
I pick Richard Seymour (DT-Georgia)

Chiefs trade the pick to St. Louis straight up for Trent Green so the Rams can pick.........Richard Seymour!

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 08:38 PM
I pick Dan Morgan if he is gone I pick Deuce McCallister

Chiefs Pick Trent Green

Otter
04-17-2001, 08:39 PM
1. Dan Morgan - the closest thing to a sure thing on the D side of the ball IMO.

2. Drew Brees or Trade for Green.

ta boot - I'd like Mike McMahon in the 3rd as QBOTF

otter
~been a Chiefs fan long enough to know he won't get what he wants

Gary
04-17-2001, 09:08 PM
I'm right there with jl80 & Otter. I think that Dan Morgan would have a much larger impact on the team's Defense than Richard Seymour would. They can draft another DT in the third that would play well enough in the middle to allow the LB's to work their magic. I think Morgan could be one of those picks that KC looks back on in about 5 years almost in the same light as they looked back at the drafting of one Derrick Thomas.

1punkyQB
04-17-2001, 09:29 PM
I love Morgan, but am worried he won't be there(Sea or Car). TSN seems to think in the last draft dish that Chi and SF will take LT and Deuce, respectively. Our best option might be Chad Johnson.

milkman
04-17-2001, 10:49 PM
I trade down in the first round, if at all possible, and take Lamont Jordan with that later pick.
If I am unable to trade down, I pick Seymour.

Chiefs trade the pick for Green.
If a deal for Green can't be made, they waste the pick on Michael Bennett.

Gaz
04-18-2001, 08:01 AM
What Carl Should Do:
∑ Trade down with the Jets or Eagles and draft DT Shaun Rogers in the 1st and RB Jordan or Henry in the 2nd.
∑ If the Jets or Eagles wonít trade, draft LB Morgan at #12.

What Carl Will Do:
∑ Trade the #12 for QB Green. Milkman is correct that we take Bennett if the Rams wonít deal [and I will be unhappy when that happens].

Some folks might be surprised that I picked Morgan instead of Seymour [assuming that anyone actually reads these messages I optimistically hurl into the void], since I have been beating the Seymour drum for a while now. I wanted Morgan from the start, but have modified my plans to at least vaguely resemble reality. However, since we are totally fantasizing here, I go back to my original choice that will never happen while Carl and Vermeil are in charge.

xoxo~
Gaz
Fantasizing a bit.

KCTitus
04-18-2001, 08:12 AM
I pick McCallister, Thomlinson or Bennett

Chiefs pick Brees

NaptownChief
04-18-2001, 08:20 AM
I am on the same page with most of you and that being that I don't want Bennett, especially at #12....

But if you are going to draft him it is very foolish to take him at #12....Carolina, Patsies, 9ers, Cleveland and the Bears are the only teams that are looking at a 1st round RB...They all draft before us at #12...So if Bennett is still on the board we can trade down and he will be available as long as we stay ahead of Minn at #27....You pick up some compensation ie a 2nd or 3rd rounder and you get the same guy for a hell of a lot less money...

shakesthecat
04-18-2001, 09:12 AM
What I would do is, trade down to pick up a 2nd, and draft the best defensive player available. Hopefully Rogers or one of the Georgia DT's is still around.

What I think the Chiefs will do is, trade the 1st straight up for Green. If not then draft Brees.

ExtremeChief
04-18-2001, 03:31 PM
I would trade down and make sure I got T. Henry and additional pick in the 2nd or 3rd...

Chiefs will trade #12 straight up for green...

not liking what he sees...

Clint in Wichita
04-18-2001, 03:43 PM
I'd take either Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, or Fred Smoot.

Peterson will select either Bennett or Brees IF we have a 1st rd. pick.

P.S. At some point, Bill Gramatica must be selected by KC. Keeping Peterson as the kicker will cost at least 2 games.