PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins rejected an offer of Green for a 6th and a swap of 3rds

Marco Polo
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Sorry if this a repost, with the Tynes posts:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10192585

If Fish want to hook Green, they better up ante

Quarterback Trent Green showed up for organized team activities (OTAs) Tuesday in Kansas City, not Miami, and my understanding of the situation is that this is how it's going to be until Miami -- not Kansas City -- makes a move.

The sooner the Dolphins act to acquire Green, the quicker he absorbs their system and starts working with receivers. But the longer they persist in offering nothing better than a sixth-round draft pick, the longer Green remains in Kansas City.

Simple as that.

Sure, I understand what Miami is doing. It's betting that Kansas City folds and either takes its offer or cuts the guy.

But I wouldn't be so certain. From what I understand of what's going on in Kansas City, the club is willing to stand by Green and his $7.2 million deal through training camp and, if necessary, into the season.

The assumption, of course, is that he won't play again for the Chiefs -- and maybe that's true. But there's no guarantee. In fact, the Chiefs haven't ruled out the possibility of Green returning as a starter, even though coaches are expected to take a long, hard look at second-year quarterback Brodie Croyle.

And Damon Huard? Look at his contract. The Chiefs didn't invest much in the guy. They could cut him and move forward with little cap damage. They could cut Green, too, but I wouldn't bet on it if I were Miami.

This means that if the Dolphins want Trent Green, they must stop talking about a sixth-round draft pick. A fourth-rounder would get it done, but I don't sense interest from the Dolphins. Let me put that another way: I don't sense an interest by the people who matter.

From the outside, at least, it appears as if there's a division within the club on Green. It's clear where coach Cam Cameron and quarterbacks coach Terry Shea stand: They would love to have had Green months ago.

But it's just as clear where the front office stands. A league source told me the Dolphins rejected a draft-day deal that would've sent Green to Miami for its sixth-round pick and a swap of third-round positions -- with Kansas City moving 11 spots forward from the 82nd position to the 71st.

Think about that: Eleven spots in the third round would've clinched a deal. Yet the Dolphins balked. That tells me someone there isn't sold on Green as the next quarterback.

So the Dolphins pass, keep their fingers crossed on Daunte Culpepper and hope Kansas City caves in. At which point Green can join the team, and Cameron can move on without Culpepper.

That's one scenario.

But here's another: The Chiefs don't have to do anything with Green.

That's what people seem to be missing. Car alarms went off last week when it was discovered that Green would attend this week's OTAs. With the Chiefs on the hook for his entire salary if Green suffers a season-ending injury, speculation centered on a renewed effort by the club to trade him.

Except the Chiefs are prepared to suck up his salary if they have to ... and they would have to if they kept him.

And why would they keep him? Because he might be the starter again, that's why. I know, that's not the thinking at the moment. But neither is auctioning off Trent Green to the first bidder.

Would the Chiefs like to remove his contract from their books? Probably, but only at the right price. Can they envision keeping him and having him start the season opener? They can. Sure, the possibility is remote, but people I spoke to within the organization haven't ruled out the possibility of Green starting a seventh straight season with the team.

Of course, that's not how it's supposed to work out. Kansas City would like to make a deal. Miami would like to make a deal. Green would like them to make a deal.

It all sounds too good to be true. And it is. Kansas City isn't moving Green until or unless it hears an offer better than a sixth-round draft choice and, at least for now, Miami isn't budging. That's called a stalemate, with each club determined to make the other blink first.

Miami believes it holds the leverage because it already has a veteran quarterback in Culpepper. Except no one knows if he's 100 percent, and few believe he's Cameron's kind of quarterback. Which means there's a perfect opening for Green, if the Dolphins would only show something more than lukewarm interest.

If they don't, Trent Green stays put.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Those tightwads can suck my baows.

Bowser
05-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Who were the Dolphins hot and bothered for in the third that they didn't want to move back?

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Lorenzo Booker. RB.

Marco Polo
05-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah it's clear the Dolphins think they are going to get Trent for free and isn't even bothering. The media just needs to quit making a big deal about all of this because it's obvious if Miami wanted Trent THAT bad, he'd be a Dolphin by now.

Bowser
05-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah it's clear the Dolphins think they are going to get Trent for free and isn't even bothering. The media just needs to quit making a big deal about all of this because it's obvious if Miami wanted Trent THAT bad, he'd be a Dolphin by now.

True.

I am beginning to believe Trent is going to be here when the season begins.

OnTheWarpath58
05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Who were the Dolphins hot and bothered for in the third that they didn't want to move back?

They took Lorenzo Booker, who would have been there even late in the 3rd, probably in the 4th. (Miami didn't have a R4 pick...)

ChiefaRoo
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
KC should keep him. If Brodie and/or Damon look like crap in training camp then Trent could get the start. If Brodie kicks butt he can be a backup and still get paid.

Direckshun
They did get Lorenzo Booker, so...

Bowser
So this Lorenzo Booker was worth the Dolphins not having a ready made QB for the next year or two while their rookie QB gears up for the NFL?

Idiots.

Direckshun
05-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Listening to wockenbauss and all the other Fin drunkards believe that Cleo Lemon is a capable QB.

siberian khatru
05-22-2007, 06:03 PM
That article "gets" it.

Bowser
05-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Listening to wockenbauss and all the other Fin drunkards believe that Cleo Lemon is a capable QB.

Let's revisit that around week 8.

bringbackmarty
05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
If Croyle gets hurt or sucks - Trent starts.

If the Dolphins pony up the picks, and Croyle sucks or gets hurt - Huard starts.

If Croyle does not suck, and does not get hurt - he starts.

It's what the Chiefs have been saying all along. It's good football sense.

We know Green is a Pro Bowl QB
when healthy and when he has protection.

We know Huard can step in if either is unavailable and run a simplified version of herm's offense with success, but that he probably doesn't have the skills to win a championship with this team. He just doesn't make any huge plays to win games.

We do not know what we really have in Croyle. We spent a third on his ass. It's time to see what we got.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 06:20 PM
"But here's another: The Chiefs don't have to do anything with Green.

That's what people seem to be missing."

Bingo. First writer to understand simple point.

I'd have gladly taken that deal. Damn you Carl for negotiating!!!!

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
First writer to understand simple point.

Bullshit. I understood that long ago.

penchief
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
The friendly fish are the ones being unreasonable. All Carl is asking for is a fourth round pick for a starting quarterback that threw for over 4000 yards three years in a row playing in the same system Miami is going to use.

The dolphins are being stupid asses, IMO. And....Trent should be more fair if his reputation as a classy guy is true. He knows he's a starter. He knows he's worth more than a 6th.

Sometimes you just have to swallow hard and stick to your principles. Screw the friendly fish. And if Trent were the stand-up guy we all thought he was, he'd be more honest in his assessment of the situation instead of trying to bone the only team in the NFL that gave him the opportunity to shine.

Marco Polo
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Finally, an article that makes sense.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Bullshit. I understood that long ago.

ha ha....writer...

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 06:43 PM
ha ha....writer...

ha ha...yes....

Brock
05-22-2007, 07:17 PM
ha ha...yes....

ha ha...yes...just not a very good one....

Slick32
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
True.

I am beginning to believe Trent is going to be here when the season begins.

I honestly don't think that is going to happen even thought CP said that if he didn't get what he wanted for him in a trade that he would be.

It would be interesting to see Trent in KC and something happen to put him back on the field and have him lead us on a SB run.

Yes I know it's a pipe dream, but at this point what else do we have?

chiefsfan1963
05-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I've been saying this all along. Trent could easily be our starter this year. I have no problem with this at all. A 6th for Green is an insult.
All you folks talking about giving him up for a song get a clue!

A 4th would be a bargain for Green. A 3rd rounder is closer to a fair deal.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
ha ha...yes...just not a very good one....

ha ha...whatever...*counts money*

booger
05-22-2007, 07:29 PM
ha ha......money from being a gay hooker

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I'll say again that I hope we keep Trent, he wins the starting job again and has a great season. Go Trent.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM

ha ha...what proof do you have that I am a gay hooker...

Brock
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM

ha ha...get some new furniture for mom's basement.

booger
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
ha ha...I am a gay hooker...

ha ha......this game is fun

htismaqe
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
The bridge has been crossed, burned, and the ashes pressed into charcoal briquettes.

Trent Green is NOT going to play for KC next year.

This is all Carl's fault. He's a shallow person with no real friends. He's got friendly acquaintances to compare paychecks with, but no "real" friends.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
ha ha...get some new furniture for mom's basement.

Ha ha...annexes basement...

Slick32
05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
The bridge has been crossed, burned, and the ashes pressed into charcoal briquettes.

Trent Green is NOT going to play for KC next year.

This is all Carl's fault. He's a shallow person with no real friends. He's got friendly acquaintances to compare paychecks with, but no "real" friends.

That is cold and quite possibly the biggest fabrication I've ever read. If you dislike the guy so much why do you even bring him up on the board?

He probably has as many or more friends than you do.

keg in kc
05-22-2007, 07:57 PM
But...but...Carl lied!!!!

At least that's what Kevin Kietzman told me.

beer bacon
05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I can't believe Carl didn't just bend over! Trent is a great team player! He just happens to be a great team player for Miami now, and that means he has to **** us over. Hard.

morphius
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
This is one time I'm glad that Carl is a tough negotiator. We are talking about sending a decent QB to a team that hasn't proven that they can find a QB. Especially being that they are a team that has been able to have a strong D, and beat us last year.

If the Chiefs decide to cut Green, I'd wait until at least a week into training camp. If they don't want to pony up something reasonable, then they can try to rush Green in and see how much he struggles with WR he doesn't know.

htismaqe
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
That is cold and quite possibly the biggest fabrication I've ever read. If you dislike the guy so much why do you even bring him up on the board?

ROFL

I was being SARCASTIC.

What's even more pathetic though, is that I was actually QUOTING Kevin Keitzman, who spent nearly HALF A SEGMENT saying EXACTLY THAT.

ROFL

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM

You need to replace the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

Slick32
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
This is one time I'm glad that Carl is a tough negotiator. We are talking about sending a decent QB to a team that hasn't proven that they can find a QB. Especially being that they are a team that has been able to have a strong D, and beat us last year.

If the Chiefs decide to cut Green, I'd wait until at least a week into training camp. If they don't want to pony up something reasonable, then they can try to rush Green in and see how much he struggles with WR he doesn't know.

If Trent gets the chance to play with the new WR you might be surprised at how quickly they get on the same page. I, for one, would like for him to have that chance.

wockenbauss
05-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Listening to Direckshun and all the other Chief crackwhores believe that they know Miami's roster better than Dolphin fans - and Trent Green is made out of solid gold and will throw 40 TD's next season.

Let's revisit that around week 8.

You can revisit anytime you like. Miami won 6 only six games with Joey Harrington being the primary QB last year. Cleo Lemon IS (and will be) a better QB than Joey Harrington. He proved that last year in his two starts... and Saban should have let him start a lot sooner.

Beyond that, Culpepper practised in a limited manner the last OTA session... should participate fully in the June 8-10 mini-camp... and is on target so far to be 100% for the start of training camp.

John Beck is obviously the QBOTF, and some draft analysts think he was the most mature (physically and mentally) QB in the draft... and could start early.

Would Trent Green be nice to have?? You bet! But honestly, before I'd bend over and take the hard high one from Carl Peterson... I'd start any one of the three QB's I just mentioned.

Based on the market... Trent Green is worth a 5th round pick. Steve McNair only brought a 4th rounder last year... and he was 33 at the time. Green will be 37 by the time the season starts. If Peterson and Chiefs fans can't come to that realization, and deal the man for a 5th round pick... then I'll gladly watch them keep him and either:

a.) Stunt the growth of Brody Croyle in the name of an 8-8 (or like) season where nothing is done towards the future.

or

b.) Watch the Chiefs team implode in a spectacular QB controversy - as players pick sides if/when Croyle doesn't immediately set the world on fire and Trent Green is sitting the bench. EVERY Chiefs player is going to have an opinion - and his favorite QB. Hell, it's already happening:

"If you look at it from a business side Their job is to put this team in the best situation possible," guard Brian Waters says. "But for a guy who's done as much as he's done for this program, and went through the things he went through to get back in this league, I don't think it's fair to him. "A guy in his position, I think he's owed the right to be in a stable position and know where he's going to be at, to know where he and his family are going to be."

"I figured having been here for six years, and you're going to change the quarterback coach," Green says, "maybe they'd give me a heads-up on that. "I live here in town, and I find out from Brodie a couple thousand miles away that they hired Dick Curl. That was confusing. I wish that'd been handled differently. I found out word from the other quarterbacks that parts of our offense were changing. I live here, and I'm here every day, and I find out from them and they don't even live here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2879180

"But here's another: The Chiefs don't have to do anything with Green.
That's what people seem to be missing."

Bingo. First writer to understand simple point.

Great! Keep him. He's obviously more valuable to you, than he is to Miami.

The friendly fish are the ones being unreasonable. All Carl is asking for is a fourth round pick for a starting quarterback that threw for over 4000 yards three years in a row playing in the same system Miami is going to use.

THIRTY SEVEN. Trent Green will be THIRTY SEVEN before the season starts, and coming off a concussion. Steve McNair was THIRTY THREE, and brought only a 4th round pick. Think it over.

And....Trent should be more fair if his reputation as a classy guy is true. He knows he's a starter. He knows he's worth more than a 6th.

Trent Green wants out, and he feels like the Chiefs don't really want him... but that they are more than willing to spoil any chance he has to end his career the way he wants to (on his own terms), in search of a one round higher draft pick. He comes off to me like a really classy guy trying to get things moving... without really showing his @ss.

Tough situation for that kind of guy to be in. He really needs to be a T.O. type, willing and able to sow dissension and discontent among his teammates to accomplish what he wants... and from what I know of him, he's just not that type of guy.

Sometimes you just have to swallow hard and stick to your principles. Screw the friendly fish.

I don't have to even swallow hard to stick with mine in this situation. Anything more than a 5th round pick, and Peterson should be charged with statutory rape.

And if Trent were the stand-up guy we all thought he was, he'd be more honest in his assessment of the situation instead of trying to bone the only team in the NFL that gave him the opportunity to shine.

Sheesh. This is the thing that amazes me the most... how willing Chiefs fans are to throw Trent under the bus, when from an outside perspective Green is STILL showing a huge amount of class for a guy who believes in his own mind that he isn't wanted in KC - and feels like he'll be shelved on the bench for the remainder of his career just for difference in price between a 5th and 4th round pick. You guys really need to look at how some other players react in situations. Green isn't mouthing off like pro bowl guard Alan Faneca is he????

All I can say is watching this from afar, and remembering back to Dan Marino's offseason decision before he retired.... I'm more proud than ever to be a Miami Dolphin fan. First rate, classy organization.

Slick32
ROFL

I was being SARCASTIC.

What's even more pathetic though, is that I was actually QUOTING Kevin Keitzman, who spent nearly HALF A SEGMENT saying EXACTLY THAT.

ROFL

You might want to post what KK said as many of us don't see his work.

Sarcasm is only worthwhile if everyone knows what is being referred to.

Slick32
You need to replace the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

I dropped my meter into a cracking tower at Valero.

beer bacon
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I would just like to say that Dolphins fans do not actually have balanced, outsider perspectives on this topic.

KCFalcon59
05-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Based on the market... Trent Green is worth a 5th round pick.

The ball is in Miami's court. I'd bet the Chiefs would trade for that 5th. I haven't seen Miami budge from the 7th. **** them.

meStevo
05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
How does waiver stuff work, if we end up cutting Trent at the 11th hour, cant other teams claim his rights and mess with the Dolphins?

wockenbauss
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I would just like to say that Dolphins fan does not actually have a balanced, outsider perspective on this topic.

On whether Trent Green is acting classy or not?!!?!?!?!?! Thats the only place in my post where I claim to have an "outsider perspective". Come on man.... open your eyes.

Green hasn't said a single derrogatory thing about the Chiefs from what I've heard. Pretty classy by today's player standards. Hell, Willis McGahee had hardly landed in Baltimore before he started trashing Buffalo as a city and organization. Hell he even (correctly as it happens - LOL) commented on the uglyness of the female Buffalo population. ;)

wockenbauss
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
The ball is in Miami's court. I'd bet the Chiefs would trade for that 5th. I haven't seen Miami budge from the 7th. **** them.

B.S. It's been reported everywhere that Miami is willing to budge off it's offer of a 6th ROUND PICK. Whats that going to be BUT a 5th??

I've never read anywhere that KC would take less than a 4th (and NO, a 6th rounder plus swapping 3rd round picks is NOT less than a 4th).

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Listening to Direckshun and all the other Chief crackwhores believe that they know Miami's roster better than Dolphin fans - and Trent Green is made out of solid gold and will throw 40 TD's next season.

You can revisit anytime you like. Miami won 6 only six games with Joey Harrington being the primary QB last year. Cleo Lemon IS (and will be) a better QB than Joey Harrington. He proved that last year in his two starts... and Saban should have let him start a lot sooner.

Beyond that, Culpepper practised in a limited manner the last OTA session... should participate fully in the June 8-10 mini-camp... and is on target so far to be 100% for the start of training camp.

John Beck is obviously the QBOTF, and some draft analysts think he was the most mature (physically and mentally) QB in the draft... and could start early.

Would Trent Green be nice to have?? You bet! But honestly, before I'd bend over and take the hard high one from Carl Peterson... I'd start any one of the three QB's I just mentioned.

Based on the market... Trent Green is worth a 5th round pick. Steve McNair only brought a 4th rounder last year... and he was 33 at the time. Green will be 37 by the time the season starts. If Peterson and Chiefs fans can't come to that realization, and deal the man for a 5th round pick... then I'll gladly watch them keep him and either:

a.) Stunt the growth of Brody Croyle in the name of an 8-8 (or like) season where nothing is done towards the future.

or

b.) Watch the Chiefs team implode in a spectacular QB controversy - as players pick sides if/when Croyle doesn't immediately set the world on fire and Trent Green is sitting the bench. EVERY Chiefs player is going to have an opinion - and his favorite QB. Hell, it's already happening:

"If you look at it from a business side Their job is to put this team in the best situation possible," guard Brian Waters says. "But for a guy who's done as much as he's done for this program, and went through the things he went through to get back in this league, I don't think it's fair to him. "A guy in his position, I think he's owed the right to be in a stable position and know where he's going to be at, to know where he and his family are going to be."

"I figured having been here for six years, and you're going to change the quarterback coach," Green says, "maybe they'd give me a heads-up on that. "I live here in town, and I find out from Brodie a couple thousand miles away that they hired Dick Curl. That was confusing. I wish that'd been handled differently. I found out word from the other quarterbacks that parts of our offense were changing. I live here, and I'm here every day, and I find out from them and they don't even live here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2879180

Great! Keep him. He's obviously more valuable to you, than he is to Miami.

THIRTY SEVEN. Trent Green will be THIRTY SEVEN before the season starts, and coming off a concussion. Steve McNair was THIRTY THREE, and brought only a 4th round pick. Think it over.

Trent Green wants out, and he feels like the Chiefs don't really want him... but that they are more than willing to spoil any chance he has to end his career the way he wants to (on his own terms), in search of a one round higher draft pick. He comes off to me like a really classy guy trying to get things moving... without really showing his @ss.

Tough situation for that kind of guy to be in. He really needs to be a T.O. type, willing and able to sow dissension and discontent among his teammates to accomplish what he wants... and from what I know of him, he's just not that type of guy.

I don't have to even swallow hard to stick with mine in this situation. Anything more than a 5th round pick, and Peterson should be charged with statutory rape.

Sheesh. This is the thing that amazes me the most... how willing Chiefs fans are to throw Trent under the bus, when from an outside perspective Green is STILL showing a huge amount of class for a guy who believes in his own mind that he isn't wanted in KC - and feels like he'll be shelved on the bench for the remainder of his career just for difference in price between a 5th and 4th round pick. You guys really need to look at how some other players react in situations. Green isn't mouthing off like pro bowl guard Alan Faneca is he????

All I can say is watching this from afar, and remembering back to Dan Marino's offseason decision before he retired.... I'm more proud than ever to be a Miami Dolphin fan. First rate, classy organization.

dumb and gay....rare

you don't know a thing about the Chiefs situation...and the team isn't going to fall apart because of him, your grasp of a pro-atheletes psyche is right there with Dr. Phil...

MIAMI HAS REFUSED TO NEGOTIATE

MIAMI HAS NOT OFFERED A 5TH (THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE)

Carl negotiated and lowered his price to a 4th, quite a reasonable position for a Starting QB....Miami wanted a Starting QB for free..

so go away...you team won't negotiate...

Take Cleo Lemon, and the fair offer you never made, and your stupid ideas about team chemistry, and go away....if you're happy with Cleo Lemon then prove...

Skip Towne
05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
You might want to post what KK said as many of us don't see his work.

Dangle prepositions much?

beer bacon
05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Cleo Lemon is the Miami version of Rich Scanlon.

Slick32
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Dangle prepositions much?

Whenever possible.

noa
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Whenever its possible to.

FYP

Skip Towne
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
You guys quit picking on GoChiefs. I'm sure he has taken over the mortgage payment on his mom's house and is paying the utility bills. He is probably buying the groceries too now that Phobia told him he is a writer.

bigbucks24
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
They took Lorenzo Booker, who would have been there even late in the 3rd, probably in the 4th. (Miami didn't have a R4 pick...)
Miami drafted Paul Soliai, DT, UTAH in the 4th round. They did not have a 5th.

dirk digler
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
If this article is true then wtf is Trent bitching about?

wockenbauss
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
dumb and gay....rare

SMOOCH Baby! LOL

you don't know a thing about the Chiefs situation...and the team isn't going to fall apart because of him, your grasp of a pro-atheletes psyche is right there with Dr. Phil...

Yeah dumbass.... players aren't real people. Just peices and parts to be rearranged, put on the shelf till needed, or shitcanned when your through with'em.

MIAMI HAS REFUSED TO NEGOTIATE

Wouldn't YOU when that moron Peterson started out asking for a 2nd and 7th???? The Heroin must be gooooood when you make GM money in KC.

Carl negotiated and lowered his price to a 4th, quite a reasonable position for a Starting QB....Miami wanted a Starting QB for free..

It's NOT reasonable. If Green were 33 like Steve McNair THEN a 4th would be reasonable. KC wants higher draft picks for free..

Take Cleo Lemon, and the fair offer you never made, and your stupid ideas about team chemistry, and go away....if you're happy with Cleo Lemon then prove...

Hey, if you don't want me here... I'll go. It's your board. If you're happy to pay Green 7.2 million to be backup then prove it.

Cleo Lemon is the Miami version of Rich Scanlon.

Yeah, and Herm Edwards is KC's version of Rich Kotite - with a little better team to start with.

Slick32
05-22-2007, 08:42 PM
FYP

tanks fer nuttin.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 08:43 PM
You dumbass....Herm is the second best head coach in the entire history of your sad franchise.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I wouldnt give up a 4th rounder for Green either...Good move on Miami's part.

OnTheWarpath58
05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Miami drafted Paul Soliai, DT, UTAH in the 4th round. They did not have a 5th.

You are right.

My mistake.

el borracho
05-22-2007, 09:05 PM
If this article is true then wtf is Trent bitching about?
Exactly.

Direckshun
05-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Honestly, I think the Chiefs would go for the 5th. I don't know who's going to have to offer it for it to happen, but I'm pretty sure the Chiefs would bite on that.

You aren't going to hear any Chiefs claim that Trent's a Pro Bowler in 2007. But he is a quality QB who knows Miami's complex offensive scheme forwards and backwards, having played a similar variation of it in KC to Pro Bowl career numbers. Simply put, if Trent's a system QB, than Cam Cameron's got his system. And to give somebody a starting QB with the set of goods necessary to make that offense work, especially when he could be the starter for a couple more years. I'd say a 5th is fair.

I don't really know Miami's roster better than anybody, but I do have a pretty good grip on their QB situation because I've been following it for lord knows how many months it's been. With that in mind: Cleo Lemon has simply not impressed me at all. He lacks refinement in just about everything he does. He's mobile, but he's not a good scrambler. He's got a good arm for deep throws, but his short and medium tosses are routinely poor. His field vision is weak and he telegraphs his passes -- partially because his fakes are a joke. He hasn't convinced me that he's anything more than a 3rd-stringer. Even though the Dolphins have reason to be high on Beck, it'd be a tragic mistake to start him now. Wockenbauss has trash talked KC fans in this thread about stumping Croyle's development if we start him now. That threat is doubled for a rookie QB who hasn't even been on a team for one season. Dante Culpepper will be at 100% some time during the season, but I simply don't think he''ll be there at the start of the season. He currently says he's at 90%, but you do not play an injury prone player until he's at 100% unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot.
Trent is just what the doctor ordered for Miami, especially since he no longer fits in at KC. He's healthy, ready, familiar with the offense, and Miami has a serious issue at his position. Forget a 5th, that's worth a 4th or a 6th and a 3rd swap -- which the Chiefs have offered. If Miami wants to brave it with Lemon, be my guest -- I'm just sad we don't get to play you this year if that's the case.

Trent will simply be a great fit for Miami, given that their OL can hold together. I think Dolphin fans will be pleased. He's a great guy, a fantastic leader, he's seen everything in the NFL and he's been playing in Cameron's offensive scheme for 15 years. He's good to go, the Dolfs just need to bend a bit for it to happen, or wait for us to cut him.

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Trent isn't going to play for the Chiefs this year regardless of how long it drags out........Anyone who thinks we'll just keep him isn't looking at this realistically.

Iowanian
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Carl should try to move Green to another team that will let him compete for a starting Job.

Fook the Fish. Trent is unfortunate collateral damage in a pissing contest, but some of it is self inflicted by his determination to only be a dolphin.

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:17 PM
.....If he didn't have a huge cap number that might work......all he has to do is tell them he's not changing his contract and that ends that.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Carl should try to move Green to another team that will let him compete for a starting Job.

Fook the Fish. Trent is unfortunate collateral damage in a pissing contest, but some of it is self inflicted by his determination to only be a dolphin.

I've been jockeying a Bears trade for there 3rd or 4th, because they want to be in the Superbowl again and Green would be the ideal player for them in the short term. Then added to the Herm-Lovie connection to smooth things over.

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I've been jockeying a Bears trade for there 3rd or 4th, because they want to win now and Green would be the ideal player for them in the short term. Then added to the Herm-Lovie connection to smooth things over.

They wanna win so bad.....they traded their best RB cause they didn't wanna pay him........and have 2 players holding out because they don't want to pay them.....

The Bears are a cheap franchise I'm sure they want Trent's big ass contract....

Iowanian
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
i have thought the Bears would make sense as well...solid D, running game, decent WRs and Oline....inconsistent QB...and not in the AFC.

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
His cap number is irrelevant. They can afford it.

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
His cap number is irrelevant. They can afford it.

Who the Chiefs...........well hey if you want a player who talks shit on your organization on the team, great but it's highly embarassing.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
They wanna win so bad.....they traded their best RB cause they didn't wanna pay him........and have 2 players holding out because they don't want to pay them.....

The Bears are a cheap franchise I'm sure they want Trent's big ass contract....

They want to be in the Superbowl again, and apparently they believe Cedric Benson their 3rd overall pick a few years back. I can't get off the SB issue, because that's what it's all about and if they had a sufficient QB they would've won the SB.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Who the Chiefs...........well hey if you want a player who talks shit on your organization on the team, great but it's highly embarassing.

to who?

anyone who knows anything about football understands the business behind this....that leaves chicks and fanboys...

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:28 PM
to who?

anyone who knows anything about football understands the business behind this....that leaves chicks and fanboys...

I don't particulary think it's a good idea to have him around young impressionable players on our team either...........he's already called them naive......

What if some of them believe what he says and that the Chiefs think they're stupid.....and don't tell them the truth.......

It's just a bad overall situation this can can't be on the team.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't particulary think it's a good idea to have him around young impressionable players on our team either...........he's already called them naive......

What if some of them believe what he says and that the Chiefs think they're stupid.....and don't tell them the truth.......

It's just a bad overall situation this can can't be on the team.

that's life in the NFL, for everyone....players know it is a business, it is fans that pretend it is personal....

what is Bowe going to cry? eat donuts? watch Oprah?

wockenbauss
05-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Honestly, I think the Chiefs would go for the 5th. I don't know who's going to have to offer it for it to happen, but I'm pretty sure the Chiefs would bite on that.

Great. We just negotiated the trade.... call Carl, and I'll call Randy to make this thing happen! LOL

You aren't going to hear any Chiefs claim that Trent's a Pro Bowler in 2007. But he is a quality QB who knows Miami's complex offensive scheme forwards and backwards, having played a similar variation of it in KC to Pro Bowl career numbers. Simply put, if Trent's a system QB, than Cam Cameron's got his system. And to give somebody a starting QB with the set of goods necessary to make that offense work, especially when he could be the starter for a couple more years. I'd say a 5th is fair.

No argument from me.

Cleo Lemon has simply not impressed me at all. He lacks refinement in just about everything he does. He's mobile, but he's not a good scrambler. He's got a good arm for deep throws, but his short and medium tosses are routinely poor. His field vision is weak and he telegraphs his passes -- partially because his fakes are a joke. He hasn't convinced me that he's anything more than a 3rd-stringer.

Lemon is a very good scrambler, and his athleticism is one of his best points. He has a big arm and throws well on the run. His accuracy wasn't great in his two games last season... but considering he was running an aborted cross-breed offense (Scott Linehan's with Mike Mularky's additions and playcalling) he certainly proved he was the best healthy QB on the Miami roster last year.

Even though the Dolphins have reason to be high on Beck, it'd be a tragic mistake to start him now.

I agree... though I think at some point in the season letting him get his feet wet might be a good idea.

Wockenbauss has trash talked KC fans in this thread about stumping Croyle's development if we start him now.

a.) It wasn't trash talking.

and

b.) I asked what was the sense in starting Green for an 8-8 season, and stunting Croyle's growth by NOT playing him.

Dante Culpepper will be at 100% some time during the season, but I simply don't think he''ll be there at the start of the season. He currently says he's at 90%, but you do not play an injury prone player until he's at 100% unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot.

Tell Saban, not me.

Cam Cameron has consistantly said two things regarding Culpepper:

1.) He won't be evaluated till he's healthy.
2.) He won't be on the field till he's 100%.

Randy Mueller has only said one:

1.) We know he's a a very good player when he's healthy.

Trent is just what the doctor ordered for Miami, especially since he no longer fits in at KC. He's healthy, ready, familiar with the offense, and Miami has a serious issue at his position.

As I said, he'd be nice to have... but Miami has traded far too much in the past for other QB's - to be so willing to be ripped off again. Anything more than a 5th is a ripoff.

If Miami wants to brave it with Lemon, be my guest -- I'm just sad we don't get to play you this year if that's the case.

Me too, since Joey Harrington beat your Chiefs last year... and Lemon is better.

Trent will simply be a great fit for Miami, given that their OL can hold together. I think Dolphin fans will be pleased. He's a great guy, a fantastic leader, he's seen everything in the NFL and he's been playing in Cameron's offensive scheme for 15 years. He's good to go, the Dolfs just need to bend a bit for it to happen, or wait for us to cut him.

I'd love to have him for a 5th... and if Peterson will bend a bit - I'm sure it will happen. Carl doesn't strike me as the bendable type.

htismaqe
05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
that's life in the NFL, for everyone....players know it is a business, it is fans that pretend it is personal....

what is Bowe going to cry? eat donuts? watch Oprah?

It's still best not to have this going on while the other players are trying to work.

cdcox
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Au contre. Half the fun of sarcasm is seeing who gets it and who doesn't. I've walked both sides of that street.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
It's still best not to have this going on while the other players are trying to work.

why?

he has nothing to do with their workouts....they all know he'll be cut, they all know Croyle is the man now...they'll forget about this the second it is over...this shit goes on everywhere

did the Titans fall apart last year becuase of what happened with McNair? No...they had a great season with lots of young players who don't give two shits about McNair...and McNair took them to a Superbowl

their future is bright, no one is scarred, no one cares....

Mile High Mania
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I think the daily... lingering drama and media circus can be great for team morale.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I think the daily... lingering drama and media circus can be great for team morale.

yes, winning teams have always been drama free....

Count Zarth
05-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I think any drama or media circuses right now are being way overblown. I wouldn't worry about any of this shit having a lasting negative effect on the team until training camp. And that doesn't start for over a month.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
The patriots never recovered from cutting Lawyer Milloy or Branch - DURING THE SEASON - the players just quit playing and spent all day crying....and they never recovered when Bledsoe got benched...and Philly didn't get to the Superbowl with the daily drama of TO...and LT showing up drunk just ruined the Giants morale...and...on and...on.......fans create drama, players have a job to do....

Herzig
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Carl is doing the right thing. Just wait until training camp and some team's QB goes down unexpectedly for the season....Green will be dealt to someone....not cut.

Direckshun
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Lemon is a very good scrambler, and his athleticism is one of his best points. He has a big arm and throws well on the run. His accuracy wasn't great in his two games last season... but considering he was running an aborted cross-breed offense (Scott Linehan's with Mike Mularky's additions and playcalling) he certainly proved he was the best healthy QB on the Miami roster last year. Lemon's a scrambler like the Chiefs' camp fodder Casey Printers is a scrambler: he's fast, he's athletic, but he just doesn't have the vision of the field for picking the right times or the best paths to roam. Good scramblers will give you that; these guys don't. But you don't see Chiefs fans pretending we can put Printers on the field...

His accuracy was less than "wasn't great," it was downright poor. The receivers in Miami weren't that bad, either, and had to make catches a couple of times. Lemon's simply not a playmaker. He's a body to put on the field so Beck doesn't have to get hurt. Nothing more.
a.) It wasn't trash talking.

and

b.) I asked what was the sense in starting Green for an 8-8 season, and stunting Croyle's growth by NOT playing him.
Ah ha.

I don't think it'd stunt Croyle's growth, but that's another conversation.
Me too, since Joey Harrington beat your Chiefs last year... and Lemon is better.
Get real. Joey Harrington didn't really do shit to us on the scoreboard.

It was Jason Taylor who beat us last year.

wockenbauss
05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Lemon's a scrambler like the Chiefs' camp fodder Casey Printers is a scrambler: he's fast, he's athletic, but he just doesn't have the vision of the field for picking the right times or the best paths to roam. Good scramblers will give you that; these guys don't. But you don't see Chiefs fans pretending we can put Printers on the field...

And a Chiefs fan, can tell that about a guy whose only had significant time in TWO regular season games... and has never been a Chief?? Riiiiight. I call BULLSHIT.

His accuracy was less than "wasn't great," it was downright poor. The receivers in Miami weren't that bad, either, and had to make catches a couple of times. Lemon's simply not a playmaker. He's a body to put on the field so Beck doesn't have to get hurt. Nothing more.

NO, it wasn't downright poor. He was over 68% completion in his first game... and it was against the soon-to-be Superbowl champion Colts that he had accuracy problems... although he had Miami within 5 points of the Colts by the end of the game.

In any case, anyone who has actually seen every play of Lemon's stint would be stupid to say he's not a playmaker... much less some Chiefs fan PO'd because his GM is proving unable to screw over another team in a trade deal.

I don't think it'd stunt Croyle's growth, but that's another conversation.

I don't think so either. I worded that poorly. But regardless whether it stunts his growth... starting Green in KC for another year sure isn't going to stimulate his (Croyle's) growth. Brodie has had his year to sit and learn... the team and he should be ready to see what they've got on their hands. They ARE ready... every move and comment they've made up till recently PROVES they are ready.

It's only to cover for the inability of Carl Peterson to screw some team over that they've recently changed their tune. You don't have a guy like Trent Green finding out who the new QB coach is, and how the offense is changing - from other QB's on the team, if he's in your plans.

Get real. Joey Harrington didn't really do shit to us on the scoreboard.

It was Jason Taylor who beat us last year.

Yeah... well Jason Taylor didn't retire yet, and Lemon is a better QB than Harrington.... so I repeat - I'm sorry we aren't playing the Chiefs again this year too!

StcChief
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Carl is doing the right thing. Just wait until training camp and some team's QB goes down unexpectedly for the season....Green will be dealt to someone....not cut.
Yep. We got nothing to lose and everything to gain. ....

Miami go with Cleo Lemon...bottom line are stands full?

Chiefs see how all QBs look that's where we are headed. No decision has to be made to day. No matter what Green wants do or where to go.

Should have had a better contract including this BS clause in it.

shaneo69
05-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I wonder how much Carl paid former KCChiefs.com writer Clark Judge to write that article. :hmmm:

Direckshun
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
And a Chiefs fan, can tell that about a guy whose only had significant time in TWO regular season games... and has never been a Chief?? Riiiiight. I call BULLSHIT.
Hmmm, yep. I sure can.

My judgement off those two games to decide that he's an iffy QB is just as legit as your judgment off that same timespan that he's good.

But way to skirt the issue on that one, there.
NO, it wasn't downright poor. He was over 68% completion in his first game... and it was against the soon-to-be Superbowl champion Colts that he had accuracy problems... although he had Miami within 5 points of the Colts by the end of the game.
I don't like Lemon's throwing motion, and I don't like that he has limited field vision. The only time a team game-planned against Cleo Lemon specifically was Indianapolis, and that's the game he struggled against an iffy Cover 2 defense that gives the QB an opportunity to have good completion percentage if he settles for short-yardage throws. But Lemon can't make short-yardage throws, so...

You can attack me personally all you want, but Lemon's a good third stringer because he's now battle-tested. Maybe even an effective backup in stints, since the team responds to him. But I wouldn't want him on the field if at all possible, and wouldn't be excited to see him trot out behind center ever.

Yeah... well Jason Taylor didn't retire yet, and Lemon is a better QB than Harrington.... so I repeat - I'm sorry we aren't playing the Chiefs again this year too!
Well seeing how our defense is even better this year, I'd welcome the game if Lemon were under center. Hell, if anyone were under center.

Matter of fact, you guys are coming to Arrowhead for the preseason, so maybe that's something to get excited about.

wockenbauss
05-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, yep. I sure can.

My judgement off those two games to decide that he's an iffy QB is just as legit as your judgment off that same timespan that he's good.

But way to skirt the issue on that one, there.

Well I've seen him play significant time in four pre-season games too.

Date: 8/31/2006 St. Louis Rams At Miami Dolphins
at Dolphin Stadium Start Time: 7:38 PM EDT

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
C.Lemon 28 21 271 2/5 1 37 0 116.8

Date: 8/24/2006 Miami Dolphins At Carolina Panthers
at Bank of America Stadium Start Time: 8:07 PM EST

C.Lemon 10 7 46 1/5 0 13 0 79.6

Date: 8/19/2006 Miami Dolphins At Tampa Bay Buccaneers
at Raymond James Stadium Start Time: 7:37 PM EST

C.Lemon 7 3 29 0/0 0 14 0 55.1

Date: 8/12/2006 Jacksonville Jaguars At Miami Dolphins
at Dolphin Stadium Start Time: 7:37 PM EDT

C.Lemon 15 11 104 1/10 1 21 0 114.3

Beyond that, Charger fans tell me Cleo Lemon lit things up in both preseason's when he was with them as well.

I don't like Lemon's throwing motion, and I don't like that he has limited field vision. The only time a team game-planned against Cleo Lemon specifically was Indianapolis, and that's the game he struggled against an iffy Cover 2 defense that gives the QB an opportunity to have good completion percentage if he settles for short-yardage throws. But Lemon can't make short-yardage throws, so...

The throwing motion is a legitimate argument... but according to Cam Cameron (whose been working with Lemon to change that motion this preseason)... Cleo's latest practices have shown that he's taken everything he's been taught to the practice field - and applied it. Cameron just raved about Lemon in the last mini-camp, and specifically talked about the changes to his throwing motion (designed to give him more accuracy).

As for the limited field vision... I personally know thats a crock! I've seen Lemon scramble almost to the sideline on a dead run to the right... and throw a 50 yard pass across his body to a receiver in the endzone along the other sideline - and hit him dead in stride. Limited field vision my @ss.

You can attack me personally all you want, but Lemon's a good third stringer because he's now battle-tested. Maybe even an effective backup in stints, since the team responds to him. But I wouldn't want him on the field if at all possible, and wouldn't be excited to see him trot out behind center ever.

Other than saying two games is far too short a time period to make the kind of judgments your making.... how have I attacked you personally?

Well seeing how our defense is even better this year,

How many years in a row have a I heard that one....... Hmmmm, probably as many years as Dolphin fans been saying our offense will be better this year, huh??? LOL

I'd welcome the game if Lemon were under center. Hell, if anyone were under center.

Likewise.... Miami hasn't had back to back sub .500 seasons since the late 1960's. We're going to be a lot better than people think.

Matter of fact, you guys are coming to Arrowhead for the preseason, so maybe that's something to get excited about.

I'm ready! Unless thats the 3rd preseason game, Lemon should see plenty of time. Or... maybe he'll see plenty if it IS the 3rd preseason game, if we add nothing at QB between now and then. :)

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
There's talk/speculation/conjecture/rumor in league circles that the Atlanta Falcons might make an eleventh-hour run at disgruntled Chiefs quarterback Trent Green, who is doing everything he can to get out of Kansas City.
The problem, of course, is that Green has his eyes set on Miami, where he most likely would be the starter for the 2007 season.
But the Falcons could provide the veteran with an opportunity to start for a couple of additional years, since there's really no one else who is in position to take the team over if a decision is made to part ways with Mike Vick.
The primary reason for the Falcons' belated interest in Green is that folks inside the building believe that there's a 50-50 chance that Vick will be suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in connection with a still-unfolding dog-fighting investigation. Even if the suspension is just for a game or two, the stigma could be enough to make the team decide to go in a different direction, even before finding out whether Vick can succeed in new coach Bobby Petrino's offense.
And before the Falcons would ever be able to persuade Green to reduce his $7.2 million salary for 2007, the powers-that-be would have to give him (we believe) assurances that the move would be a signal of a shift away from Vick, and that Green would be penciled in as the starter for 2007.

Can't believe you guys aren't all over this. PFT.....

siberian khatru
05-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Can't believe you guys aren't all over this. PFT.....

There was a thread this morning on it.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
There was a thread this morning on it.
My bad. Apologies.

milkman
05-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd love to have him for a 5th... and if Peterson will bend a bit - I'm sure it will happen. Carl doesn't strike me as the bendable type.

Here's the problem as I see it.

Everyone is arguing for one side or the other.

On one side, the Dolphins are being cheap and trying to steal a starting QB for a 6th (or 5th, if your posts are accurate).

On the other side, Carl is being stubborn and stupid for not moving off a 4th.

But the fact is, neither Mueller or Peterson are wrong here.

Peterson would be a fool to trade Green to the Dolphins for less than a 4th.
Green will be the starter, regardless of Cameron's statements to the effect that the QB position will be determined by camp competition.
You simply can't give a team their starting QB for less than a 4th.

However, on the Dolphins side, Mueller probably figures (as I do) that the Dolphins won't win their division with, or without Green, and with Green they only compete, at best, for 2nd in the division with the Jets.

They certainly don't make a playoff run to the SB in the next couple of years.
He'd be crazy to give up higher than a fifth for Green.

And from my perspective, I wouldn't make that trade.
The price is too high for a QB who, in the end, will have minimal impact on the team's fortunes.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Here's the problem as I see it.

Everyone is arguing for one side or the other.

On one side, the Dolphins are being cheap and trying to steal a starting QB for a 6th (or 5th, if your posts are accurate).

On the other side, Carl is being stubborn and stupid for not moving off a 4th.

But the fact is, neither Mueller or Peterson are wrong here.

Peterson would be a fool to trade Green to the Dolphins for less than a 4th.
Green will be the starter, regardless of Cameron's statements to the effect that the QB position will be determined by camp competition.
You simply can't give a team their starting QB for less than a 4th.

However, on the Dolphins side, Mueller probably figures (as I do) that the Dolphins won't win their division with, or without Green, and with Green they only compete, at best, for 2nd in the division with the Jets.

They certainly don't make a playoff run to the SB in the next couple of years.
He'd be crazy to give up higher than a fifth for Green.

And from my perspective, I wouldn't make that trade.
The price is too high for a QB who, in the end, will have minimal impact on the team's fortunes.
Very Well said. I agree with just about everything--except the Jets winning the division (it will be the Pats). I agree that neither one is wrong and both are trying to do their job the best that they can. An extremely rational view. And not one person or team had to go have sex with themselves!!

milkman
05-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Very Well said. I agree with just about everything--except the Jets winning the division (it will be the Pats). I agree that neither one is wrong and both are trying to do their job the best that they can. An extremely rational view. And not one person or team had to go have sex with themselves!!

I said that the Dolphins might compete for 2nd place with the Jets.

The implication being that the Pats win it.

Valiant
05-23-2007, 10:07 PM

I'm glad you all are so smart and can see into the future of what is the NFL... I mean lucky for us there is not parity in the league... Miami's defense on paper will be able to keep them in games... We do not know if the Pats will fall flat on their face, so acting like Miami is going to be horrible next year is ridiculous right now... None of us know except for Hiro Nakamura...

---------------------------------

IMO Miami's defense will keep them close to the division lead and playoff hunt... They have a favorable schedule off of last years teams that could propel them over a couple better teams in other divisions... That and if they can snag a QB that knows their system just helps them in the earlier part of the schedule, but they will have to rely on their Defense because that OLine from what I have seen is on par with ours in Passblocking...

Of course if Ronnie Brown improves on his pass-catching maybe their QB has someone to dump it off to when he is hurried...

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I bet Terry Shea FedExed Trent the Miami Playbook already.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm glad you all are so smart and can see into the future of what is the NFL... I mean lucky for us there is not parity in the league... Miami's defense on paper will be able to keep them in games... We do not know if the Pats will fall flat on their face, so acting like Miami is going to be horrible next year is ridiculous right now... None of us know except for Hiro Nakamura...

---------------------------------

IMO Miami's defense will keep them close to the division lead and playoff hunt... They have a favorable schedule off of last years teams that could propel them over a couple better teams in other divisions... That and if they can snag a QB that knows their system just helps them in the earlier part of the schedule, but they will have to rely on their Defense because that OLine from what I have seen is on par with ours in Passblocking...

Of course if Ronnie Brown improves on his pass-catching maybe their QB has someone to dump it off to when he is hurried...
I wish I had your confidence in our team. Obviously no one knows what is going to happen, but I don't think we'll be very good. 4th in the division would not surprise me.

Ronnie's pass catching? He's always been knows as a great receiver (the best pass catching RB in his class). Hitting holes aggressively, dancing less and staying healthy, maybe. But pass catching? Not so much.

Count Zarth
05-23-2007, 11:33 PM
bigbucks, what's the state of Miami's OL?

ClevelandBronco
05-24-2007, 12:38 AM
A league source told me the Dolphins rejected a draft-day deal that would've sent Green to Miami for its sixth-round pick and a swap of third-round positions -- with Kansas City moving 11 spots forward from the 82nd position to the 71st.

If that's true the Dolphins F.O. is comprised of idiots or gamblers. My money says they're idiots.