PDA

View Full Version : Spurs = Dynasty

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
If they go on and win it all of course.....

Anyone disagree??

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Spurs = no one watches or cares

HolmeZz
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Pretty much. Major League snoozage.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM

heheh....yea, probably the most quiet dynasty of all time. Its too bad though....They are class all around and what every Pro team would aspire to be, yet everyone bashes on them...

noa
05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I like watching Tony Parker and Ginobli drive to the hoop, but that's about as exciting as it gets when watching the Spurs.

Kind of like Detroit. They are boring as hell except Richard Hamilton is fun to watch because he sprints around the court the entire game.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I hate the Spurs but I don't disagree with the dynasty assertion. I appreciate the fact that they aren't full of ego's... but gawd they're just so uninteresting it's staggering.

I'll take Detroit. They play a great team game too and have least a little personality.

ChiefsCountry
05-22-2007, 08:42 PM
If the Spurs were in New York or LA everybody would be stroking them off.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 08:46 PM

BINGO! We have a WINNER!

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I'd just get more sick of them.

BWillie
05-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize this. They have 3 NBA Titles since 1999, or the "Duncan" Era. Winning it this year would make it 4 titles in the last 9 years. Tim Duncan already has 3 NBA Title MVP's.

HolmeZz
05-22-2007, 08:56 PM

They'd get more coverage, but they wouldn't be any less boring.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Winning it this year would make it 4 titles in the last 4 years. Tim Duncan already has 3 NBA Title MVP's.

No, it would be their 4th title since 99.

They won again in 03 and 05.

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
heheh....yea, probably the most quiet dynasty of all time. Its too bad though....They are class all around and what every Pro team would aspire to be, yet everyone bashes on them...

Bruce Bowen is class..........uh yea ok.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Bruce Bowen is class..........uh yea ok.

Laker fan....

Mecca
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I wish I could be a dirty player and kick guys in the nuts and so on and then be called classy.

the Talking Can
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM

great team, no personality...boring to watch unless playing Suns

not even the Spurs fans are showing up for the Jazz series, that's how boring it is....

Deberg_1990
05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
not even the Spurs fans are showing up for the Jazz series, that's how boring it is....

Because the Jazz so far havent even shown up. Obviously they are only here because of the Mavericks getting upset in the 1st round.

NJ Chief Fan
05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
My Pistons got is this year.

Miles
05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Laker fan....

Bowen is one the cheap shot artists in the league if not the worst. He is an intelligent player that pushes the envelope. I tend to blame the league for letting him get away with a much as he does rather than the player that is sharp enough to take advantage of the situation.

Miles
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Because the Jazz so far havent even shown up. Obviously they are only here because of the Mavericks getting upset in the 1st round.

They are a very talented team but their youth and inexperience is showing right now. Facing a team like the Spurs is just too much for them right now.

PunkinDrublic
05-23-2007, 08:35 AM
The championship they won during the strike shortened season should have an asterisk next to it. It's simply not the same as enduring a normal regular season and then winning championship. They could be on their way to dynasty status though. They're certainly my pick for this year.

Micjones
05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Good basketball is uninteresting?
Hmm...

duncan_idaho
05-23-2007, 09:23 AM
I think I'll shoot myself if the Spurs and Pistons are the Finals matchup. Wait, no I won't. I'll just watch something that's more exciting than watching grass grow...

I love basketball... but the Spurs and Pistons both can take their mid-to-late 90s slow it down-style and shove it. Along with all the cheap shots (cough, cough, Bowen) and all the handchecks and holds away from the ball (cough, cough, Pistons).

No offense to the fans of those teams... but having them in the Finals isn't going to do the NBA any good. Wide-open basketball (Suns, Warriors, Raptors, etc) is what people want to watch.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
I think I'll shoot myself if the Spurs and Pistons are the Finals matchup. Wait, no I won't. I'll just watch something that's more exciting than watching grass grow...

I love basketball... but the Spurs and Pistons both can take their mid-to-late 90s slow it down-style and shove it. Along with all the cheap shots (cough, cough, Bowen) and all the handchecks and holds away from the ball (cough, cough, Pistons).

No offense to the fans of those teams... but having them in the Finals isn't going to do the NBA any good. Wide-open basketball (Suns, Warriors, Raptors, etc) is what people want to watch.

I disagree, I hate them trying to take the big men out of the game. Dynasty's will never be built that way.

The Spurs are going to win it all BTW

Deberg_1990
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM

Your wrong...dead wrong. A Pistons/Spurs final would be great. The Pistons would be hungry because of the the way the Spurs beat them in 05. That series went 7 games and was great!

and the only reason more people dont appreaciate the Spurs is because they dont play in LA or New York. Its really too bad.

You should see they way this city supports the Spurs. The only thing ive seen like it is the way KC supports the Chiefs.

BTW, the Spurs can play uptempo if they want to. Ginobli and Parker can ball with the best of them. But D wins championships....How many titles do the Suns and Mavs have???

vailpass
05-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm curious to know what the TV ratings are for the Spurs-Jazz series, and what the ratings would be for a Spurs-Pistons final.
I'm guessing the NBA isn't loving this too much. I turned the NBA off as soon as the Suns went out.

duncan_idaho
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Your wrong...dead wrong. A Pistons/Spurs final would be great. The Pistons would be hungry because of the the way the Spurs beat them in 05. That series went 7 games and was great!

and the only reason more people dont appreaciate the Spurs is because they dont play in LA or New York. Its really too bad.

You should see they way this city supports the Spurs. The only thing ive seen like it is the way KC supports the Chiefs.

BTW, the Spurs can play uptempo if they want to. Ginobli and Parker can ball with the best of them. But D wins championships....How many titles do the Suns and Mavs have???

A Spurs/Pistons final is great if you're a fan of either team or Tim Duncan. The 2005 series was not very well watched. Great for San Antonio to support its team - but what else does it have going on?

Two main reasons I don't appreciate the Spurs: 1) Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player I've seen in the NBA (and I thought this long before Amare Stoudemire said anything); 2) Tim Duncan is a gigantic crybaby (to refs, about the NBA dress code, you name it, he whines about it)

I won't argue that defense helps teams win games. I just don't think a lot of the things the NBA lets teams like the Spurs and Pistons qualifies as "consistently good defense." I would call it "consistently good fouling."

Bumping players moving away from the ball isn't defense. It's committing a foul. Bodying a ballhandler on the screen and roll isn't defense. It's committing a foul. I think NBA officiating has gotten too lax on things like that, for every team. The Pistons and Spurs just do more of it than anyone else (because they place more of an emphasis on 'defense.')

JimNasium
05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I haven't watched hockey in a long time. Who did the Spurs used to be?

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2007, 02:06 PM
But D wins championships....How many titles do the Suns and Mavs have???

Eggsactly.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
A Spurs/Pistons final is great if you're a fan of either team or Tim Duncan. The 2005 series was not very well watched. Great for San Antonio to support its team - but what else does it have going on?

Two main reasons I don't appreciate the Spurs: 1) Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player I've seen in the NBA (and I thought this long before Amare Stoudemire said anything); 2) Tim Duncan is a gigantic crybaby (to refs, about the NBA dress code, you name it, he whines about it)

I won't argue that defense helps teams win games. I just don't think a lot of the things the NBA lets teams like the Spurs and Pistons qualifies as "consistently good defense." I would call it "consistently good fouling."

Bumping players moving away from the ball isn't defense. It's committing a foul. Bodying a ballhandler on the screen and roll isn't defense. It's committing a foul. I think NBA officiating has gotten too lax on things like that, for every team. The Pistons and Spurs just do more of it than anyone else (because they place more of an emphasis on 'defense.')

The NBA keeps trying to keep the big men out of the game, that's my biggest complaint about the NBA. I imagine the league will keep doing everything they can to try and create rules that will help teams like the Mavs and Suns. When they do I'll quit watching. It's like turning B-ball into volleyball or something.

Mr. Plow
05-23-2007, 02:37 PM
The playoffs end in what, June? And the new season begins in.....July, August?

Season is too long. Plus, is anyone really watching?

vailpass
05-23-2007, 02:44 PM
The NBA keeps trying to keep the big men out of the game, that's my biggest complaint about the NBA. I imagine the league will keep doing everything they can to try and create rules that will help teams like the Mavs and Suns. When they do I'll quit watching. It's like turning B-ball into volleyball or something.

Oden might help bring back the big man play, if he can keep away from the green sticky icky up there in Portland

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Oden might help bring back the big man play, if he can keep away from the green sticky icky up there in Portland

The division between the West and the East continues. I hope the Lakers pick up Garnett. Portland is set up sweet now. That's going to be a a really tuff division.

duncan_idaho
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know that the league is eliminating big men... I'd say trends are eliminating big men.

Right now, almost everybody - even 7-footers - wants to play facing the basket. Guys like Hawes and David Padgett, etc should be excellent back-to-the-basket scorers, but they grow up wanting to play on the perimeter.

It's not the NBA's fault that guys like Kevin Garnett don't want to be post-based centers. Magic started the trend of bigger players playing on the outside, and everybody wants to emulate that, even if it isn't their best asset (Drew Gooden is an excellent example. Rasheed Wallace, too) If Wilt Chamberlain was growing up today, I'm sure he'd have a perimeter based game. You'd see him taking the ball to the wing and trying to shoot jumpers or drive it. At least until he got older and bigger.

Maybe if Oden becomes a dominant low-post scorer, the back-to-basket big man will see a resurgence. Duncan is too much of, frankly, a dork to get kids to want to play like him, and Shaq was a physical freak who couldn't really be emulated.

ragedogg69
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM
very well said duncan. although the addition of zone defenses in the nba has made it tougher for the big guys to stay back to the basket.

Deberg_1990
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Destiny baby!!!