PDA

View Full Version : Falcons to make run at Green

Wildcatmo21
05-23-2007, 07:44 AM
POSTED 8:24 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:35 a.m. EDT, May 23, 2007

FALCONS TO MAKE LATE RUN AT GREEN?

There's talk/speculation/conjecture/rumor in league circles that the Atlanta Falcons might make an eleventh-hour run at disgruntled Chiefs quarterback Trent Green, who is doing everything he can to get out of Kansas City.

The problem, of course, is that Green has his eyes set on Miami, where he most likely would be the starter for the 2007 season.

But the Falcons could provide the veteran with an opportunity to start for a couple of additional years, since there's really no one else who is in position to take the team over if a decision is made to part ways with Mike Vick.

The primary reason for the Falcons' belated interest in Green is that folks inside the building believe that there's a 50-50 chance that Vick will be suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in connection with a still-unfolding dog-fighting investigation. Even if the suspension is just for a game or two, the stigma could be enough to make the team decide to go in a different direction, even before finding out whether Vick can succeed in new coach Bobby Petrino's offense.

And before the Falcons would ever be able to persuade Green to reduce his $7.2 million salary for 2007, the powers-that-be would have to give him (we believe) assurances that the move would be a signal of a shift away from Vick, and that Green would be penciled in as the starter for 2007.

NY CHIEF
05-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Get it done carl :clap:

ct
05-23-2007, 07:51 AM
is this from pft? sounds like it

tyton75
05-23-2007, 07:52 AM
It will be nice when all of this drama is just over

Wildcatmo21
05-23-2007, 07:53 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Buehler445
05-23-2007, 07:55 AM
I think this would be a wise move for both organizations. I'm not a Vick fan. Even before the BS about Ron Mexico, dirty birds, dog fighting, and anything else. He must sell a buttload of tickets, because he can't throw, and has to alienate the offense to run.

StcChief
whatever works...get it done.

Fish
That's all great and everything..... but hasn't Green repeatedly said he wants to go to Miami and only Miami? I thought that was a big part of the reason no deal was made before the draft....

unlurking
05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
How much you wanna bet they offer more than a 6th (if truly interested)?

Buehler445
05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
That's all great and everything..... but hasn't Green repeatedly said he wants to go to Miami and only Miami? I thought that was a big part of the reason no deal was made before the draft....

Maybe he has changed his tune, and just wants out. A lot has happened since he said he would talk exclusively with Miami. I don't have anything to substantiate that, but it is a possibility.

CoMoChief
05-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Green doesn't have a choice of where he wants to go. Carl really butt****ed him on the MIA deal IMO, but the Chiefs own his contract rights meaning the Chiefs could ship him off where ever they please for anything in return if they want, unless Trent has a no-trade clause which I dont know if there are those in the NFL.

L.A. Chieffan
05-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I called it. :)

CoMoChief
05-23-2007, 08:03 AM
If this is all true and ATL offers more than a 6th, suddenly the tables turn and MIA may have to pony up more than what the Chiefs were recently gonna accept. If this is true, this puts alot of bargaining power back with the Chiefs.

Chiefnj
05-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Green doesn't have a choice of where he wants to go. Carl really butt****ed him on the MIA deal IMO, but the Chiefs own his contract rights meaning the Chiefs could ship him off where ever they please for anything in return if they want, unless Trent has a no-trade clause which I dont know if there are those in the NFL.

Except the new team has to have the cap room and be willing to pay Trent the 7.25+ mil.

Plus, if Atlanta wanted to move away from Vick they never would have traded Schaub. The commish isn't going to go after Vick.

Wildcatmo21
I know Green said he only wants to go to Miami, but how come he and his agent sent letters to every team?

Codered
Trent could refuse to restructure his contract for anyone, but Miami. It'd be up to Atlanta if they wanted to pay the 7.2 Mil price tag.

Of course nobody wants to pay Green that kind of money.

hawkchief
05-23-2007, 08:11 AM

Trent can't have his cake and eat it too. If he wants out so bad, he can go wherever ther Chiefs can get a decent deal. The way he has cried about this over the last month, I could give a rats azz where the multi-millionaire baby ends up.

Of all the players on the team, I'm shocked that it's Trent Green that has made Carl look like he has at least one rational bone in his greedy body.

Fish
05-23-2007, 08:15 AM

But.... Green does have the option to choose whether he would restructure his contract in order for other teams to sign him for less than $7.2M... which I thought he said he would enforce if a trade option came up from someone other than MIA...

the Talking Can
05-23-2007, 08:18 AM
this is exactly why we hold Green to the last second....

htismaqe
05-23-2007, 08:19 AM
I know Green said he only wants to go to Miami, but how come he and his agent sent letters to every team?

The letters were the FIRST step in the process. He sent letters to every team asking for a shot to start. Miami responded.

the Talking Can
05-23-2007, 08:21 AM
nobody knows what could happen in the future...

as long as we have Green WE have options....hang tuff Carl

Scaga
05-23-2007, 08:23 AM
They're not really interested.
King Carl came up with this whole scheme to drive up the price with the phins. He's a sneaky S.O.B.

:rolleyes:

htismaqe
05-23-2007, 08:26 AM
They're not really interested.
King Carl came up with this whole scheme to drive up the price with the phins. He's a sneaky S.O.B.

Actually, he came up with this whole scheme to destroy the franchise. He wants to cement his legacy by running the team into the ground, ala the late 1970's.

Micjones
05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Keeping Green around to get a better deal and create a QB-sized distraction in the lockerroom isn't worth the trouble.

Just get this over with already...

Warrior5
05-23-2007, 08:35 AM
I called it. :)

What did you call?

Reerun_KC
05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
It will be nice when all of this drama is just over

It will be, then we can all go back to trashing Sammie Parker for dropped balls...

the Talking Can
05-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Keeping Green around to get a better deal and create a QB-sized distraction in the lockerroom isn't worth the trouble.

Just get this over with already...

said the Miami GM....

amazing how we always have to start over with this issue...

siberian khatru
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
C'mon, Trent, just fold your arms and hold your breath and declare that after all you've done for the Chiefs and the NFL, you deserve to go exactly where you want to. Doesn't matter if the Falcons offer KC their next 3 first-round picks.

L.A. Chieffan
05-23-2007, 08:46 AM
What did you call?
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163256&page=2&pp=15

I called the ATL thing in bigwillies "I hate dogs" thread.

However since this whole thing was just a plot by evil mastermind CP, I retract my comments.

pikesome
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Plus, if Atlanta wanted to move away from Vick they never would have traded Schaub. The commish isn't going to go after Vick.

He might not have a choice. It's looking more and more likely that something is going to come out of this investigation which is going to leave the commish with a player a large number of people think is guilty even if he doesn't get convicted. Since the whole crackdown is about public perception Goodell might be stuck. It also seems like Atlanta isn't as enamored as the used to be.

Baconeater
05-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Except the new team has to have the cap room and be willing to pay Trent the 7.25+ mil.

Didn't ATL trade Schaub before the whole dogfighting thing came up?

CoMoChief
05-23-2007, 09:02 AM

Its not that they're wanting to move away from Vick, they may not have a choice because of the suspension he may serve from the NFL on this dog fighting incident. This is one of the worst crimes I've seem any NFL player do. It's sickening, and it's a felony. Vick has been in trouble before, and there would be no reason why he wouldn't suspend Vick after suspending PacMan for not being charged of anything. The commish is trying to clean up the image of the league by making examples out of players who **** up off the field. If this isn't ****ing up I dont know what it. It's all over the press and it's making the league look bad. Trent Green would just be an insurance policy while Vick is gone. The whole dog fighting incident happened not too long ago. They shouldn't have ever let Shaub go, a good backup in this league is crucial. When ATL traded Shaub they didn't know what kind of potential trouble Vick was going to get into down the road.

As far as the cap room thing goes, if ATL is truly interested and if this thread has any truth to it, I'm sure ATL has more than thought about that situation. At worst KC would pay up some of Green's salary and ship him off to ATL for a draft pick or 2, which really puts MIA in a cluster**** because they have no QB and Culpepper won't be completely healthy and we all saw how he played last season when he wasn't completely healthy. KC has alot of bargaining power if this story is true.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-23-2007, 09:02 AM
It will be, then we can all go back to trashing Sammie Parker for dropped balls...
and celebrating a routine 5-yard catch like he just caught the game-winning TD.

Cochise
05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I have a hard time believing that Atlanta is going to wise up and dump Vick on a permanent basis so soon. They have invested their team in him, both in terms of their identity and his contract.

I'm not sure where he could possibly land either, most teams have pretty well got their QB situation settled.

Maybe Atlanta could get Green, and Miami gets Vick? Miami did just cut Vick's thug little brother, though...

CoMoChief
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I have a hard time believing that Atlanta is going to wise up and dump Vick on a permanent basis so soon. They have invested their team in him, both in terms of their identity and his contract.

I'm not sure where he could possibly land either, most teams have pretty well got their QB situation settled.

Maybe Atlanta could get Green, and Miami gets Vick? Miami did just cut Vick's thug little brother, though...

That wouldnt work. Lets have one of the biggest thugs in professional sports (M.Vick) get traded to a city where he could get almost in as much trouble as he would in Vegas. Vick going to Miami has nothing but suspensions and indictments written all over it.

pikesome
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM

If Vick's suspended it won't matter how much they have invested. Clayton was talking about Vick on ESPN yesterday and thought that this might go into training camp or beyond before something gets decided. That wouldn't be a good time to find out that Harrington is going to be your starter.

It would also be really bad for the Falcons if Vick is indeed charged with something serious. That on top of the gradual souring a lot of people seem to having on Vick's football abilities makes that huge ass contract seem harder to swallow.

OnTheWarpath58
05-23-2007, 09:14 AM
That wouldnt work. Lets have one of the biggest thugs in professional sports (M.Vick) get traded to a city where he could get almost in as much trouble as he would in Vegas. Vick going to Miami has nothing but suspensions and indictments written all over it.

Vick could find his way into trouble in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or Green Bay.

Truth is, he's just that type of person. He feels he can/should get away with anything because of who he is......

Mr. Laz
05-23-2007, 09:30 AM
good ......

atlanta gets into the game .... maybe another team loses their starter to injury in training camp and w00t! we have a bit of a bidding war going on for Trent Green.

Scaga
05-23-2007, 09:39 AM
OK...
Trade Green for Vick headsup....
We can always use another running back. :banghead:

hawkchief
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
good ......

atlanta gets into the game .... maybe another team loses their starter to injury in training camp and w00t! we have a bit of a bidding war going on for Trent Green.

Amen. There is a greater liklihood than not that a good team will need, and be willing to pay for, a Trent Green type QB before the start of the season, likely due to training camp injury. He could turn out to be worth more than a 4th to the right team.

John_Wayne
05-23-2007, 09:42 AM
This is why we don't let Green go until we get what he's worth. I think he, as a starting QB, is worth a 2nd or 3rd or a 4th/6th combo or something like that. We know that Miami will make him the starter. They should give the proper value for him. I think we should hold on to him into the preseason. Some QB will break a leg and that team will be desperate for a starting QB. It happens every year.

stlchiefs
05-23-2007, 09:42 AM
And before the Falcons would ever be able to persuade Green to reduce his $7.2 million salary for 2007, the powers-that-be would have to give him (we believe) assurances that the move would be a signal of a shift away from Vick, and that Green would be penciled in as the starter for 2007.

Green's Press Conferences have worked for him, teams are at least recognizing that he won't go anywhere unless he's handed the starting job with no competition.

Cochise
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Vick could find his way into trouble in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or Green Bay.

Truth is, he's just that type of person. He feels he can/should get away with anything because of who he is......

I think that's the issue. He doesn't want anyone being critical of him on the football field, and I'm sure he thinks no one should be critical of him off the field either.

blackhawk
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
MR PETERSON arthur blank on line one!

boogblaster
05-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Green has more class than all of Atlanta .....

BigChiefFan
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
If a team is willing to pay Green the $7.1 mil this year, we can ship him to anybody willing.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
If a team is willing to pay Green the $7.1 mil this year, we can ship him to anybody willing.
i think if a team shows up with a legit starting job Green will be open to restructuring for another team.

especially since miami doesn't want him all that badly apparently.

OnTheWarpath58
05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
i think if a team shows up with a legit starting job Green will be open to restructuring for another team.

especially since miami doesn't want him all that badly apparently.

That's the problem.

Who else is going to guarantee Trent a starting job?

Hell, technically, Miami hasn't even done so. (Trent's words)

Blowing up bridges have left him with very little options. He could have stayed here and made $7M to ride pine.

Or STARTED when/if Croyle sucked in TC or got hurt. Everyone seems to forget that, including Trent.

Now he's gonna have to take a paycut, and probably still be a backup, unless Miami budges off their lowball offer.

Or retire.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2007, 10:25 AM
That's the problem.

Blowing up bridges have left him with very little options. He could have stayed here and made $7M to ride pine.

Or STARTED when/if Croyle sucked in TC or got hurt. Everyone seems to forget that, including Trent.

Now he's gonna have to take a paycut, and probably still be a backup, unless Miami budges off their lowball offer.

Or retire.
if a team loses a starting QB to injury in TC then he will be given a legit chance to win a starting job competing against the teams other backups.

i think Green is open to that

OnTheWarpath58
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM
if a team loses a starting QB to injury in TC then he will be given a legit chance to win a starting job competing against the teams other backups.

Possible.

Another reason not to just give him to the Dolphins.

Fish
05-23-2007, 10:32 AM
That's the problem.

Or retire.

That's what confuses me about Trent's stance on the matter. He came out and said he doesn't want to be in KC because he knows he's not the guaranteed starter and Croyle will get snaps with the 1st team. But... he's never publicly gotten the word from MIA that he'd be the starter there. And it's clear that MIA doesn't want to pay him starting QB money, or compensate the Chiefs for a starting QB.

Somebody is full of shit... by Trent saying he doesn't want to be Croyle's backup, he's implying that he wouldn't want to be a backup in MIA either. But his insistence on MIA shows otherwise. It doesn't make sense that he would want to take a pay cut to be traded to MIA unless he knew he was going to start.

Frankie
05-23-2007, 10:38 AM

Good point. And that's why I think Carl should hold on to TG at least through preseason, unless Miami gives us satisfactory compensation for their new STARTING QB.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-23-2007, 10:38 AM
With Vick running all over the place & the fact I don't watch the Falcons. I wonder if they atleast have a decent o-line?

Panthers, Bucs & Saints vs Jets, Bills & Pats. Trent go to the NFC if given the opportunity

Chiefnj
05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
That's what confuses me about Trent's stance on the matter. He came out and said he doesn't want to be in KC because he knows he's not the guaranteed starter and Croyle will get snaps with the 1st team. But... he's never publicly gotten the word from MIA that he'd be the starter there. And it's clear that MIA doesn't want to pay him starting QB money, or compensate the Chiefs for a starting QB.

Somebody is full of shit... by Trent saying he doesn't want to be Croyle's backup, he's implying that he wouldn't want to be a backup in MIA either. But his insistence on MIA shows otherwise. It doesn't make sense that he would want to take a pay cut to be traded to MIA unless he knew he was going to start.

Why would Miami publicly declare Trent the starter when he isn't even on the team?

Mr. Laz
05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Good point. And that's why I think Carl should hold on to TG at least through preseason, unless Miami gives us satisfactory compensation for their new STARTING QB.
yep ...... a 6th round pick next year from Miami is next to worthless.

a traded pick loses 1 round of value per year delayed.

basically the Dolphins are still offering the same thing they were before ..... 7th round value.

:shrug:

keep Green until 11:59 p.m. before opening day ..... maybe something happens and we win big. If not we've lost nothing but a pick that probably wouldn't of done anything anyway.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm more & more falling in line with the Vermeil cuddled Trent. Edwards cuddles LJ

Wile_E_Coyote
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
You can't spend the draft pick until April anyway. And the distraction shit is overblown. Every team goes through crap like this on some level

EDIT: Disregard, as I see this has been well covered in another thread

Cochise
05-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Are you suggesting that Cleo Lemon is going to beat him out for the job there?

wockenbauss
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Maybe he's suggesting that a finally healthy Daunte Culpepper will?

Come to think of it, Culpepper would be MUCH better fit in Atlanta than Green would be. Culpepper (if healthy) can come a lot closer to approximating Vick's skill set than any possibly available QB out there IMO.

Hey wouldn't it be f'n HILARIOUS if........... ;)

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:19 AM

No... I'm saying the fact that Trent wants to go there so badly indicates he'd be starting, and should be worth starting QB compensation.

Trent's reasoning for wanting a trade was that he didn't want to be a backup. MIA is saying he isn't worth more than a 6th rounder.... which isn't starting QB compensation. If MIA didn't want him to start, why would Trent say that's the only team he's interested in? He'd be better off staying here and making his $7.2M as a backup rather than taking a pay cut to do the same thing in MIA.

Trent and Miami both know he'd very likely start for them, but they're making Carl out to be the bad guy for not giving him up for nothing.

Carl is doing the right thing.

Chiefnj
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
No... I'm saying the fact that Trent wants to go there so badly indicates he'd be starting, and should be worth starting QB compensation.

He's worth whatever the market dictates. Right now the market is Miami and Miami doesn't feel he is worth much.

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
He's worth whatever the market dictates. Right now the market is Miami and Miami doesn't feel he is worth much.

Then Trent's animosity towards Carl and the Chiefs is misplaced. That's my point.

This is one situation where the Dammit Carl is not warranted...

Fruit Ninja
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Carl didnt **** anything up imo. He's just playing the game. If you cant handle it GTFO.

chiefsfan1963
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
as usual the media hasn't a clue. I'm a big critic of CP, but he is no dummy especially when it comes to negotiating. All you ying yangs that were panicing and wanted to give up TG for a 7th rounder get a clue! Don't play poker it would be like taking candy away from a baby.

Chiefnj
05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Then Trent's animosity towards Carl and the Chiefs is misplaced. That's my point.

This is one situation where the Dammit Carl is not warranted...

Yes and no. It depends what Carl told Trent. If he told him to find a team and we'll deal you and won't demand much for you then Green might have a beef with Carl. If he told Green he can find a team, but that team will eventually have to give up a 4th round pick or better than Green's anger would be misplaced, but he still has to do what is best for himself and his family and that is get out of Dodge ASAP.

Fish
05-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes and no. It depends what Carl told Trent. If he told him to find a team and we'll deal you and won't demand much for you then Green might have a beef with Carl. If he told Green he can find a team, but that team will eventually have to give up a 4th round pick or better than Green's anger would be misplaced, but he still has to do what is best for himself and his family and that is get out of Dodge ASAP.

It really doesn't matter what Carl told Trent. He's under contract with the Chiefs, and they can do whatever they want with that contract. There is no "nice negotiations" clause in the contract. Green is doing what he feels is best for his family, but Carl has the responsibility to do the same for the franchise. Trent can't expect Carl to give him away for nothing just because of loyalty... it would be nice if that were the case, but it's business.

Direckshun
05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I would love us to trade him to the Falcons if for no other reason than to **** over the Dolphins.

CLEO LEMON FTW!!!!

Mecca
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
All this stuff is moot considering Green's contract will basically allow him to choose where he plays.....

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Trent's reasoning for wanting a trade was that he didn't want to be a backup. MIA is saying he isn't worth more than a 6th rounder.... which isn't starting QB compensation. If MIA didn't want him to start, why would Trent say that's the only team he's interested in? He'd be better off staying here and making his $7.2M as a backup rather than taking a pay cut to do the same thing in MIA.

Trent and Miami both know he'd very likely start for them, but they're making Carl out to be the bad guy for not giving him up for nothing.

Carl is doing the right thing.
OK. How about this. Trent was told in KC that he would not be the starting QB. He was told that they wanted to go younger and Brodie would be given 80% of the snaps. He was told in Miami that he would have a fair competition for the starting job. Given the question marks about the QB prospects in Miami, he feels he has a legitimate shot. So, he can take a pay cut and be a guaranteed backup for the Chiefs or take a pay cut and be a possible (probable in his opinion) starter for the Dolphins. Maybe that's his thinking.

Now, would he negotiate with other teams. The article says that it is their belief that he would have to be promised the starting job. That makes sense to me. He's comfortable with the situation in Miami (Cam and Terry), but might go elsewhere if he was guaranteed to be the starter. I guess that's how I see it anyway.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Maybe he's suggesting that a finally healthy Daunte Culpepper will?

Come to think of it, Culpepper would be MUCH better fit in Atlanta than Green would be. Culpepper (if healthy) can come a lot closer to approximating Vick's skill set than any possibly available QB out there IMO.

Hey wouldn't it be f'n HILARIOUS if........... ;)
How about:
Trent to Miami
Daunte to Atlanta
Atl's 4th rounder to KC??

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
nobody knows what could happen in the future...

as long as we have Green WE have options....hang tuff Carl

I concur with this statement

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
All this stuff is moot considering Green's contract will basically allow him to choose where he plays.....

show me the paperwork, because I call BS

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2007, 07:34 PM
show me the paperwork, because I call BS

Green is due to make ~$7million. Any team that acquires him will need to restructure his deal. He doesn't have to agree to do so, thus negating a trade to a team he doesn't want to go to.

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Green is due to make ~$7million. Any team that acquires him will need to restructure his deal. He doesn't have to agree to do so, thus negating a trade to a team he doesn't want to go to.

Again, if this is true Green has no bargaining power, because Carl will hold him for spite, and he'll either have to pout or accept another deal.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Again, if this is true Green has no bargaining power, because Carl will hold him for spite, and he'll either have to pout or accept another deal.
I don't think there is an owner out there that will allow his GM to spent $7+ milion for spite. Hold him until the end of camp, maybe. But hold him into the season. I just don't see it.

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM

We don't want to pay him $7mil either, which is why there's so much speculation that the Fins are just waiting for us to cut him.

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't think there is an owner out there that will allow his GM to spent $7+ milion for spite.

Finsfan meet Carl Peterson and Clark Hunt

Easy 6
05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
IMO, Trent would retire before going to Atl, this has the smell of media hype. No way he wants to step into the Vick mess or spend his last 2 years learning a new scheme, its Miami or none.

Fairplay
05-23-2007, 08:05 PM
IMO, Trent would retire before going to Atl, this has the smell of media hype. No way he wants to step into the Vick mess or spend his last 2 years learning a new scheme, its Miami or none.

Good point. I thought the article in itself was speculative, at best.

If Trent goes there it would be a bit of a surprise. But maybe Carl or Trent is grasping at straws at this point.

bigbucks24
05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Finsfan meet Carl Peterson and Clark Hunt
ROFL
That very well could be true. But is Clark even that foolish with his money? And Carl seems more of a businessman than football man. Is he that poor of a business man that he will spend that kind of money....for spite?

milkman
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
ROFL
That very well could be true. But is Clark even that foolish with his money? And Carl seems more of a businessman than football man. Is he that poor of a business man that he will spend that kind of money....for spite?

No.

But he will spend that kind of money to show the rest of the league that he's a tough SOB negotiator, and that if they want to get a deal done in the future, they will have to negotiate.

tmax63
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
And he has shown he was willing to negotiate but not be stepped on. 7 mil to keep a rep for being a tough negotiator while showing he was willing to barter through offers already made might make/save him 50 mil over the next several years. The 7 mil wouldn't be a total waste if looked at in a bigger picture over the next several players/years

Guru
05-23-2007, 09:37 PM
blah blah blah

unlurking
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
blah blah blah
Best point so far!

KCBOSS1
05-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Trent's going to Miami, one way or another, no matter how many cry babies call him a cry baby. He's gotten jacked around and he ain't playin any more. If Atlanta wants to pick up the 7.2 mil, he'll go. But don't think that Trent's doesn't have any choice. He's got a 7.2 trump. He's going to Miami.

Simply Red
05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Atl=Green=WILL NOT HAPPEN, JOT-IT-DOWN.

doomy3
05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
See now this does piss me off though. He is not a free agent!

Trent Green-QB-Chiefs May. 23 - 11:34 pm et

The agent for Trent Green said Wednesday that his client will not entertain playing for any team other than the Dolphins in 2007.

One recent rumor had Atlanta making a play for the veteran as insurance for Michael Vick, who may be suspended for dog fighting. The Palm Beach Post reports the Falcons haven't made a call to Green, who wants to be a starter.
Source: Palm Beach Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1350

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
He's got a 7.2 trump. He's going to Miami.

Unless Carl says F*CK OFF!!!!!!!!! At this point it's a definite possibility