PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a crappy week

cadmonkey
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
So last wednesday I get a phone call from my girlfriend in the middle of the day. I figure she is calling to see how my day is going, ........if only.

She tells me that her father had a massive heart attack and died. Obviously this was terrible news, and I left work to be with her. We went to NH to find out what exactly happened and to have her and her sister see the body at the hospital and say their goodbyes.

In the middle of that I get a phone call. I got a letter from the DMV telling me that my license has now been suspended for two f*cking years, for reasons I'm not gonna get into.

Monday, my girlfriend goes back to NH to get the ashes of her father when they receive a call from their step father. He tells them he has more bad news regarding the family. They assume it is going to be about their grandmother who had been very sick and had a slight stroke a about a month ago. He tells them that their uncle has gone and killed his wife and son then shot himself.

Pretty misserable week to say the least.

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM

damn....

Hang in there man...

and quit answering the phone......

Phobia
05-23-2007, 11:08 AM
In the middle of that I get a phone call. I got a letter from the DMV telling me that my license has now been suspended for two f*cking years, for reasons I'm not gonna get into.

Firstly, my condelences for your girlfriend's family issues.

Secondly, I'd wager $100 your license problem has a little something to do with your drinking problem. Please get some help with that because you're still in denial.

Best of luck with everything.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2007, 11:13 AM
dam ..... sorry :(

hope things gets better quickly

ChiTown
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Holy crap.

Reading that depresses me. My condolences to your GF.

Regarding your license......that one is on you.

Donger
05-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear that. That's pretty tough. But, imagine how much you are going to save on gasoline.

Simplex3
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Secondly, I'd wager $100 your license problem has a little something to do with your drinking problem. Please get some help with that because you're still in denial.

:clap:

ChiefsfaninPA
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Hang in their man. Life has a way of throwing stuff at you back to back.

InChiefsHell
05-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Good Lord...just...wow...

...saying "When it rains it pours" doesn't even come close...

Hang in there and get into some prayer...

ROYC75
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Ouch ....... Hang in there.

cadmonkey
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM

I'll pay you the $100 when I get a chance. And I am getting help for it.

Phobia
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Hey, I'm glad to hear that. Please let me know how it goes. I've ridden your ass about the drinking problem for years, so in a strange way I have a vested interest in your sobriety. I really am glad to hear you're getting help.

Scaga
05-23-2007, 11:51 AM

My a$$hole comment for the week....
Don't pay Phob the $100...he'll just spend it on booze.

Chief Chief
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Obviously you picked a bad week to stop drinking...

cadmonkey
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Obviously you picked a bad week to stop drinking...

I didn't say that I stopped drinking, I am just getting control of it.

Phobia
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I didn't say that I stopped drinking, I am just getting control of it.

Some people can and some people can't. I'm one who can. I used to drink far too much. I didn't drink frequently but when I did drink I overdid it. I haven't had more than 6 in a sitting for over a year.

Hopefully you're one who can too.

dirk digler
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Hang in there cadmonkey things will turn around for the better

morphius
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Some people can and some people can't. I'm one who can. I used to drink far too much. I didn't drink frequently but when I did drink I overdid it. I haven't had more than 6 in a sitting for over a year.

Hopefully you're one who can too.
I have a BiL that can't get it under control, complete waste.

Dumb ass has totaled a few cars, rolled and rx-7. Then ran into a house (of a radio station DJ in KC), then while waiting on that trial passed out drunk on I-29 killing 1 of 2 people in the parked car (they were engaged to be married). Spent something like 6 years in jail for that, gets out on probation, gets pulled over and a DUI, back to the hole for another 6 months or so. Then recently drove a work truck into the side of a Church.

But yeah, I'm sure he still believes he can handle it...

munkey
05-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Dumb ass has totaled a few cars, rolled and rx-7. Then ran into a house (of a radio station DJ in KC), then while waiting on that trial passed out drunk on I-29 killing 1 of 2 people in the parked car (they were engaged to be married). Spent something like 6 years in jail for that, gets out on probation, gets pulled over and a DUI, back to the whole for another 6 months or so. Then recently drove a work truck into the side of a Church.

:shake:

StcChief
05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry dude. Glad your getting control of drinking.

Seems death comes in Three's..... GF needs to be careful.

morphius
05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
:shake:
Sadly that is only about half of his stupidity, but eh, what more do I really need to add...

Chief Chief
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Dumb ass has totaled a few cars, rolled and rx-7. Then ran into a house (of a radio station DJ in KC), then while waiting on that trial passed out drunk on I-29 killing 1 of 2 people in the parked car (they were engaged to be married). Spent something like 6 years in jail for that, gets out on probation, gets pulled over and a DUI, back to the hole for another 6 months or so. Then recently drove a work truck into the side of a Church.

Obviously he picked a bad time to continue drinking.

Phobia
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm glad he doesn't work for me any longer.