PDA

View Full Version : POTC: At Worlds End...

Deberg_1990
05-23-2007, 11:12 AM
only a 40% fresh rate on Rotten Tomatoes.....Sounds like more of the same to me....sigh......

The first one was great anyways....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_3/

the Talking Can
05-23-2007, 11:18 AM
twas afraid of that...the second one was unforgivably bad

Simplex3
05-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Honestly, the second one was sooooo bad that I'm maybe going to watch #3 when it's on TV for free.

Sure-Oz
05-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Shrek 3 was given a 42% and i thought it was worthy of higher ratings. The plot was ok but the movie was still funny, the first 2 def. better. I still will go make my own judgements on this one.

Deberg_1990
05-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Honestly, the second one was sooooo bad that I'm maybe going to watch #3 when it's on TV for free.

I probably wont go see it in the theater. I was really disappointed with the 2nd one.

To top it all off, this one is nearly 3 hours long.....

Fruit Ninja
05-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I really enjoyed them both. I am sure i will enjoy the 3rd. THen again i dont expect movies to be perfect. As long as they are halfways entertaining i am ok with it.

Gravedigger
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah Rottentomatoes isn't the best and most reliable cause they seem to focus on bad critic reviews more often then good ones and critic reviews, more times than not, suck. If anything I'll go see this movie knowing that it's just an entertaining movie and I wanna see how the story shapes up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm so sick of the whole Pirates thing I don't want to see it anyway. I didn't even care for the first one much.

Claynus
05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
It has a squid so by law I am required to see it.

StcChief
05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Keef has Captain Teague should be interesting.

Frazod
05-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Its nearly 3 hours long. Count me among the "waiting two months for the DVD" crowd.

StcChief
05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Its nearly 3 hours long. Count me among the "waiting two months for the DVD" crowd.
yep....

Easy 6
05-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm so sick of the whole Pirates thing I don't want to see it anyway. I didn't even care for the first one much.

kcchiefsus
05-23-2007, 01:10 PM
I really enjoyed them both. I am sure i will enjoy the 3rd. THen again i dont expect movies to be perfect. As long as they are halfways entertaining i am ok with it.

No kidding.

I hate movie critics. I despise them. When somebody bases their opinion of a movie off of a critics opinion I say "who cares?"

Critics think every movie has to be a piece of artwork. Who gives a shit. I go to the movies for entertainment. I am entertained by most movies I see. When a vast majority of movies get bad rankings you know you have a problem. Who cares if a movie doesn't have a perfect plot or doesn't follow some set of guidelines that critics think movies should follow.

I'm also sick of all of these armchair movie critics who have to nitpick at every movie. It gets old.

jynni
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I couldn't give a shit what the tomatometer says...

I've already got my tickets for the midnight showing.

Simplex3
05-23-2007, 02:50 PM
No kidding.

I hate movie critics. I despise them. When somebody bases their opinion of a movie off of a critics opinion I say "who cares?"

Critics think every movie has to be a piece of artwork. Who gives a shit. I go to the movies for entertainment. I am entertained by most movies I see. When a vast majority of movies get bad rankings you know you have a problem. Who cares if a movie doesn't have a perfect plot or doesn't follow some set of guidelines that critics think movies should follow.

I'm also sick of all of these armchair movie critics who have to nitpick at every movie. It gets old.
I thought number two was a steaming pile of number two, regardless of what the critics said.

I'm afraid to find out what a steaming pile of number three looks like and certainly won't be paying for the "privilege".

Amnorix
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I thought 1 was awesome, and the 2nd one perfectly acceptable popcorn entertainment, although not great by any means. Heck, not even very good. But for $9 or whatever it was and 3 hours of my life, it was worth it.

And it will likely be so again when I see the 3rd one this weekend.

I enjoy these characters, even if the plot was pretty darn lame, generally.