PDA

View Full Version : Green on Total Access

Virtua Chief
05-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Eisen starts out asking if the Chiefs are just holding out for a 4th round pick. Trent says it appears so, at least they're talking.

TG thinks Dolphins offer a 6th, Chiefs want a 4th, they should meet at 5. Glad they're still talking, wish it would be it done in an urgent manner

Relationship with Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards? - Good relationships with both, but he just wants Carl to honor their promise, and ship him to Miami.

Has the situation created problems between management and players? - TG says theres a lot of ?s on the team and throughout the offseason program, players are asking him how the deal is going. He tells the truth and they wonder about how they are going to be handled. The team is getting younger. He says he wants to play, he's got a couple more years.

Eisen - "So you say your mindset is not one of a backup, lets say you get that trade, have the dolphins told you that you would start or would you have to be part of a 'fair competition?'" Green - "They haven't made me any promises about what is going to happen with Daunte" (?) Daunte isn't cleared to play and participate. Then TG says that they haven't made him any promises.

Green wants to work with Cam. He knows the system well. Says Chiefs sparked everything be wanting to go younger. Again, he knows the system, wants to work with the coaches.

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 03:20 AM
I think we should trade Green to NFL canada

Deberg_1990
05-24-2007, 03:28 AM
TG thinks Dolphins offer a 6th, Chiefs want a 4th, they should meet at 5. Glad they're still talking, wish it would be it done in an urgent manner

Thank you very much Trent....so when did you become GM of the team???

NewChief
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Thank you very much Trent....so when did you become GM of the team???

ROFL

People are whining because he hasn't put any pressure on the Dolphins. He finally says he wishes the Dolphins would move their offer, and people are still complaining. You people are unbelievable.

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Eisen starts out asking if the Chiefs are just holding out for a 4th round pick. Trent says it appears so, at least they're talking.

Relationship with Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards? - Good relationships with both, but he just wants Carl to honor their promise, and ship him to Miami.

Has the situation created problems between management and players? - TG says theres a lot of ?s on the team and throughout the offseason program, players are asking him how the deal is going. He tells the truth and they wonder about how they are going to be handled. The team is getting younger. He says he wants to play, he's got a couple more years.

Eisen - "So you say your mindset is not one of a backup, lets say you get that trade, have the dolphins told you that you would start or would you have to be part of a 'fair competition?'" Green - "They haven't made me any promises about what is going to happen with Daunte" (?) Daunte isn't cleared to play and participate. Then TG says that they haven't made him any promises.

Green wants to work with Cam. He knows the system well. Says Chiefs sparked everything be wanting to go younger. Again, he knows the system, wants to work with the coaches.

You know what?

**** Trent Green.

He wasn't publically criticizing the Rams for holding out for a 1st rounder when the Chiefs were talking to him.

The Chiefs don't want a system QB anymore. They don't want someone who only performs when he's given a half hour to throw the ball.

I'm sure Carl promised to hand him over to the Fins for nothing.

**** off, Green. You made millions from this organization when you wouldn't have made it elsewhere.

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
ROFL

People are whining because he hasn't put any pressure on the Dolphins. He finally says he wishes the Dolphins would move their offer, and people are still complaining. You people are unbelievable.

People are complaining because Trent Green wants everything done his way. He wants to determine the compensation, timeframe and everything else associated with the deal.

NewChief
05-24-2007, 05:32 AM
People are complaining because Trent Green wants everything done his way. He wants to determine the compensation, timeframe and everything else associated with the deal.

Okay Stretch Armstrong.

All I've heard around here for the last month is that Trent needs to address the Dolphins and put some pressure on them. He does that. People complain. It's obvious to me that the only way Trent would make half of you happy at this point would be if he retired. He's damned in the eyes of some regardless of what he does, now. Oh well, at least he and Carl have something in common.

boogblaster
05-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Crown him Dano...

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Okay Stretch Armstrong.

All I've heard around here for the last month is that Trent needs to address the Dolphins and put some pressure on them. He does that. People complain. It's obvious to me that the only way Trent would make half of you happy at this point would be if he retired. He's damned in the eyes of some regardless of what he does, now. Oh well, at least he and Carl have something in common.

He would make me happy if he would just shut the hell up all the way around and see how things play out.

Carl Peterson or Randy Mueller aren't making deals any faster because Trent Green is stomping his feet talking to the media.

I never said he should address the Dolphins. I think it means nothing.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 06:21 AM
ROFL

how does saying "wish it would get done" equal putting pressure on the Dolphins?

He did say that Carl should "honor his promise" (as if he hasn't tried)....but nothing about Miami offering a fair trade, or even negotiating...Did I miss it where he's specifically said that Miami needs to quit stalling?

he blames Carl publically - AGAIN - and says nothing about Miami....

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 06:26 AM
and he's lying when he says he doesn't know if he'll be the starter...he wouldn't be so horny to go if they had honestly said "you'll compete for a position, we aren't promising you a position"...

Cameron wants him to start, Green knows he will be the starter....this what really pisses me off when goes into his "blame Carl" routine...he is, by default, if not on purpose, negotiating for Miami....

Bob Dole
05-24-2007, 06:36 AM
and he's lying when he says he doesn't know if he'll be the starter...he wouldn't be so horny to go if they had honestly said "you'll compete for a position, we aren't promising you a position"...

Exactly.

Baconeater
05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
It's obvious to me that Miami isn't willing to give up anything for him and is waiting for us to cut him. Why Trent hasnt realized that yet I have no idea.

StcChief
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Hopes they meet in the middle for a 5th rounder....

I'll take it. Time is on our side.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
and Trent wouldn't redo his contract, costing him millions, to be a backup....makes no sense at all....

this is a scam

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
saw it this morning, was hoping Rich or Rod would say something about Miami not ponying up a pick, but alas it never came to fruition.

StcChief
05-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Media doesn't like us (still). Carl/Chiefs are always the bad guys in any deal, if we balk at the offer.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
It's obvious to me that Miami isn't willing to give up anything for him and is waiting for us to cut him. Why Trent hasnt realized that yet I have no idea.

Yep. Green isn't being honest.

He says they haven't promised him the starting job. It's a competition.

Yet he said in his presser that he sent out letters to every team because he wanted to find a team that would expect him to be "THE guy" and a team leader.

Those two statements contradict each other.

And if he chose Miami for the reasons he said he did - that they want him to be "THE guy" why are they offering compensation equivalent to "just another guy"?

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Yet he said in his presser that he sent out letters to every team because he wanted to find a team that would expect him to be "THE guy" and a team leader.

And if he chose Miami for the reasons he said he did - that they want him to be "THE guy" why are they offering compensation equivalent to "just another guy"?

he and Cameron have also said things like "He already knows the playbook, he can step right in (if he misses part of camp"....that's what you say about a starter, not a backup....

HemiEd
05-24-2007, 08:25 AM

The other part that pisses me off, he has never collected the first dime from Miami, but his loyalty is already with them.

Coogs
05-24-2007, 08:33 AM
The other part that pisses me off, he has never collected the first dime from Miami, but his loyalty is already with them.

I agree. Trent was my favorite player for the past few years, but I am ready to see him go. Take the 6th and move on. Let Croyle get on with focusing in on what is important, and that is becomming the starting QB for our team..... the Chiefs.

Saleenman607
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM

That is ABSOLUTELY correct sir. Mr. Green has a signed contract, and none of us were privvy to any conversations between the parties in question. Mr. "class" should remain quite and honor his signed contract.
Herman Edwards doesn't care about anything except the 98.6s that show to OTAs. Whether Mr. Edwards is truthful or not to the media is another story. I don't believe he cares at all about the media or anything else except the team and his youth football camp.
BTW, what football team does'nt tell thier starters to EARN thier spot on the roster and MEAN it!

Pestilence
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Look at it like this though. Why would you publically put pressure on the team that you want to play for? He knows that he doesn't want to piss off the Dolphins front office. He knows that he won't be a Chief....so he doesn't care if he throws anyone under the bus.

Just get it done so I can stop hearing about him.....

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree. Trent was my favorite player for the past few years, but I am ready to see him go. Take the 6th and move on. Let Croyle get on with focusing in on what is important, and that is becomming the starting QB for our team..... the Chiefs.

:bravo:

This is almost as bad a daytime soap....

Get over it Carl, Herm, Trent or Dolphins, just make the trade happen...

Each day that goes by, Trent is losing class, Carl is looking like the F*CK TOOL that we all know he is and Herm is having to learn how to lie properly...

Enough already!

Sure-Oz
05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Trent should just stfu seriously, he should've waited, he is worth more than a pathetic 6th, cause he most likely will start for miami. Last time i checked you don't trade starting QB's for 6th rounders. Pony up a 5th miami and it's done.

RedThat
05-24-2007, 09:43 AM
The more and more I hear Green complaining, the more I want him gone, and the more happier I am that were going in a different direction at QB. Seriously, if we got a 5th rounder for Green. That would do it for me. I'd be pleased with that.

It just makes me think? Seriously, he should just be quiet and let Carl Peterson do his job. I can't understand, why complain? Peterson is the GM after all? He has to do what's right for the team! So that's why I say let him do his job. Peterson is here to do what is best for the Kansas City Chiefs not Trent Green. Green can't just come in and express his true desire of not wanting to be here, or demand the urgency for a trade. That is not fair to Carl Peterson. Yes, I am sticking up for Peterson in this situation. For that particular reason. I think Trent Green is being selfish, he is being whiney, you name it.

I can appreciate times like this. Im just trying to look at this in a deeper way. You can see in certain situations like this the way players behave. And I think Green is being selfish, he is becoming a distraction. In a way, Id be happy if we got rid of him for just those reasons alone.

NewChief
05-24-2007, 09:52 AM
All the people saying he should have waited and should have stayed quiet. At what point do you think it would have been okay to speak up? The day he gets cut and has to find a new team? The day training camp starts? When would it have been okay with you for Trent to finally break his silence?

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 10:02 AM
All the people saying he should have waited and should have stayed quiet. At what point do you think it would have been okay to speak up? The day he gets cut and has to find a new team? The day training camp starts? When would it have been okay with you for Trent to finally break his silence?
Green is under contract with the CHIEFS. Ever hear the term, don't buy the hand that feeds you? The same applies here. Green sounds like a whiney little toddler, who didn't get his way, so he wants to throw a tantrum. Boo hoo, Greenie.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 10:12 AM
We're trying to trade Green?

Deberg_1990
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
You know what?

**** Trent Green.

He wasn't publically criticizing the Rams for holding out for a 1st rounder when the Chiefs were talking to him.

The Chiefs don't want a system QB anymore. They don't want someone who only performs when he's given a half hour to throw the ball.

**** off, Green. You made millions from this organization when you wouldn't have made it elsewhere.

Well said....thank you.

BIG_DADDY
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Green has to understand this isn't all Peterson's fault. If the Fish really wanted him that bad they should have come off the 4th in the draft. We started at 2nd and have moved to 4th. They started at 6th and now we are supposed to meet at 5? Evidently he is not worth that much to the Fish, that's not Carls fault.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 10:15 AM

you haven't answered the question, when has he ever publicly put pressure on Miami to step up?

he and Miami are using Carl's reputation against him...that's fine, this is business...but it doesn't make him a Saint...

And when he says he hasn't been promised a position he is lying. Plain and simple.

Carl has no obligation to give Trent away just because Trent wants him to.

Brock
05-24-2007, 10:17 AM

I can't believe you're still defending him. What purpose does talking (whining) to the media about this serve? It is NOT going to make any difference. Jesus, no wonder this team never went anywhere under Vermeil, it was made up of sob sisters in leadership positions.

Saleenman607
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM

How hard would it have been for Mr. Green to request a one on one with CP and HE once he felt he would not be the starter? Keep stuff like this out of the media. That would be classy. Again, we don't know what was actually said between the parties, but if I'm Mr. Green, I'd welcome the chance to compete for the QB job and WIN it. Thats what's supposed to happen in camp anyway.
Going on public radio to discuss this is not a great idea and probably not in his best interest. To address your query, he should speak publicly after he is publicly dissed. He was'nt. This man is a professional football player......you want to make a statement......win the job! I'tll speak volumes.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Jared Allen hopes this drags on awhile

NewChief
05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't believe you're still defending him. What purpose does talking (whining) to the media about this serve? It is NOT going to make any difference.

I completely disagree. I think it is serving a purpose. The Chiefs look like shit as an organization, once again, in the view of the nation. Almost every single story covering the issue has pointed to the Chiefs as the party in the wrong on this deal. I realize that everyone here thinks its because there's a national media hatred for all things Kansas City. I don't care what the reason is, but I doubt that Clark Hunt and the Chiefs organization really likes being subjected to lots of negative publicity in the national media. I think that this puts pressure on the Chiefs to get it done. It certainly puts a helluva lot more pressure on the Chiefs than if Trent were sitting camp, saying, "I love the Chiefs! I love Herm! I'm so happy here!"

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
ROFL

Well, they orginally wanted a 2. That wasnt going to happen, we all know that. In the middle is a 4. Why should the Chiefs budge? Trent wants them to go up a whole 1 round, big wow. **** that. Trent can sit his unhappy as in camp and compete.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I hope Trent keeps whining, gets only 10% of the snaps in TC, then they just cut his ass right before the season...

Sure-Oz
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I completely disagree. I think it is serving a purpose. The Chiefs look like shit as an organization, once again, in the view of the nation. Almost every single story covering the issue has pointed to the Chiefs as the party in the wrong on this deal. I realize that everyone here thinks its because there's a national media hatred for all things Kansas City. I don't care what the reason is, but I doubt that Clark Hunt and the Chiefs organization really likes being subjected to lots of negative publicity in the national media. I think that this puts pressure on the Chiefs to get it done. It certainly puts a helluva lot more pressure on the Chiefs than if Trent were sitting camp, saying, "I love the Chiefs! I love Herm! I'm so happy here!"
Trent could be proffesional and live up to his "character" by not bitching and moaning when he is making 7 mill+ and just say the PC thing. This may have gotten done faster. Miami hasn't done any favors at all by being tightwads either. We would be pissed if we trade trent for the 7th and he has a pro bowl type year or a very solid year and gets miami in the PO's. No doubt.

NewChief
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Trent could be proffesional and live up to his "character" by not bitching and moaning when he is making 7 mill+ and just say the PC thing.

He's not going to be making 7 whatever million. He's going to get cut. That's what no one here seems to acknowledge. The Chiefs ARE going to cut him. He knows that and is working off of that assumption. You seem to feel that he should sit silently by, doing nothing, and let the Chiefs just give him the axe.

I say, "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

CosmicPal
05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
The Chiefs look like shit as an organization, once again, in the view of the nation. Almost every single story covering the issue has pointed to the Chiefs as the party in the wrong on this deal.

While I agree with most of your comments NC, I happen to disagree with this statement. I would say it's 50/50 and most of the ones I tend to agree with say Miami have been the wrong ever since the Chiefs opened up the airwaves and said Green is available.

Particularly on draft day when we offered them Green for a 6th and a swap in the 3rd round. That was the fairest offer on the table and Miami didn't budge. So, I don't blame Carl one bit for hanging on to Green now. We won't cut him. He'll either be a member of the Dolphins or he'll be a member of the Chiefs. I think Green was worth more than a 6th round myself, and most of the pundits out there agree.

Most of what I'm reading, the writers are saying the Phins are the ones who need Green the most and that they are the ones that are *****ing this up.

For us, as Chiefs fans, it's just totally convenient for us to harp on Carl about this...for once, I think Carl's doing the right thing.

Brock
05-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I completely disagree. I think it is serving a purpose. The Chiefs look like shit as an organization, once again, in the view of the nation.

You're crazy if you think this is going to move the Chiefs one way or the other. Secondly, this isn't even a popcorn fart on a national level. LOL, you're acting like this is some multiple super bowl winning QB or something.

tk13
05-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Why wouldn't it be? Miami wants him to play, Carl told him he wasn't wanted anymore.

I mean I agree it's time for this to all move on, and I think Carl has handled this way better than Mueller, I don't know what he's thinking over there. But I don't understand people bashing the way Trent probably feels about it. It'd be like breaking up with someone, then saying "Well even though I've done this, I don't want you to date anyone else, you need to stay here and be loyal to me because I treated you so well over the years."

el borracho
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
The classiest things Trent could have done would have been to keep his mouth shut and come into camp and been so damned good that the Chiefs would have had to play him. The Chiefs may want to get younger but they aren't going to cut all the vets just because. Law, Surtain, and Gonzalez are all going to play. Green could have been one of those guys. All he would have had to do is outperform a career backup and a second year guy. Sure, the competition may be weighted but I know one thing- if Trent came into camp and played like some freak combination of Manning, Montana, Elway and Brady he would have started.

Instead Trent boo-hooed publically about not being part of the GM's decision making process anymore (Shea's firing) and not being part of the personnel decisions (Hick's release) and how hard it will be for him to get his kids in school in Miami (nevermind that he could easily buy a house in Miami anytime he wants because he is a multi-millionaire).

One other thing: if Trent wanted out of KC that bad he could have offered to restructure his contract for more than just one team. Only a few players in the NFL can dictate where they go. At 37 and after last season's performance Trent is not one of those players. (Which still doesn't imply that Miami's offer was fair- it wasn't)

DenverDanChiefsFan
05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
ROFLROFL
The Chiefs are making their personnel decisions based on what Whitcock writes in the paper. Good God - think before you post.

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh no, I'm so heartbroken about what the nation thinks of the Chiefs.How can I go on with my day now?

siberian khatru
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh no, I'm so heartbroken about what the nation thinks of the Chiefs.How can I go on with my day now?

The media will never pick us to win a Super Bowl again.

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 12:59 PM
You know what?

**** Trent Green.

This is stupid. You don't know what was said behind closed doors.

Brock
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh noes, free agents won't take our money anymore!

Brock
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Yes we do. Green told us.

Inspector
05-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Dang!!!

That's right.

How could it get worse than this???

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Picking is one thing but maybe if we step up and win one, or quit going 13-3 and getting it handed to us at home 3 times now we might get some respect... Hell our GM has been here 18 years and we have only sniffed a superbowl once in that time frame... You have to earn it and right now Carl and the Chiefs arent earning anything....

We also need to learn how to get first downs in the first 2 1/2 quarters of football during playoff games.. Getting humiliated like we did against the Colts isn't the best way to get the media to like you...

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes we do. Green told us.

Did Carl say we'd give up Green for nothing?

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh noes, free agents won't take our money anymore!

I guess we are going to have to suit up some of the planteers and fans to field a team...

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 01:10 PM

If you have been watching football for more than 5 minutes, you know that GM's don't promise to basically give away tenured starting QB's for 6th round picks.

I have no doubts Carl promised to do a deal as quick as possible.

But it's the Dolphins fault that as quick as possible has turned into 3 months.

siberian khatru
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Picking is one thing but maybe if we step up and win one, or quit going 13-3 and getting it handed to us at home 3 times now we might get some respect... Hell our GM has been here 18 years and we have only sniffed a superbowl once in that time frame... You have to earn it and right now Carl and the Chiefs arent earning anything....

We also need to learn how to get first downs in the first 2 1/2 quarters of football during playoff games.. Getting humiliated like we did against the Colts isn't the best way to get the media to like you...

Ya think?

Sure-Oz
05-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Carl will get a deal done that is best interest of this team, trent can quit his whining, thats all he's done....he should blame the team that "wants" him and guess what if he does get cut, he'll have a job, the crybaby has made plenty of money, his kids won't starve.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
If you have been watching football for more than 5 minutes, you know that GM's don't promise to basically give away tenured starting QB's for 6th round picks.

I have no doubts Carl promised to do a deal as quick as possible.

But it's the Dolphins fault that as quick as possible has turned into 3 months.

Agreed, WTF is the Dolphins hold up?

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
This is a great thread.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 01:19 PM
He's not going to be making 7 whatever million. He's going to get cut. That's what no one here seems to acknowledge. The Chiefs ARE going to cut him. He knows that and is working off of that assumption. You seem to feel that he should sit silently by, doing nothing, and let the Chiefs just give him the axe.

I say, "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

The Chiefs allowed him to go out and negotiate a contract with another team out of GOOD WILL.

He's NOT a victim.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 01:23 PM
The Chiefs allowed him to go out and negotiate a contract with another team out of GOOD WILL.

He's NOT a victim.

There are a $$$million$$$ reasons why Trent is not a victim here....

Hell I could live my life in peace and happiness off of his next years salary.... Intrest alone would be between 500K and 700K per year if invested properly....

I dont feel for rich athletes nor do I care what the F*CK they think is fair..

Just get the deal done CARL...