PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Which side are you on? Is TG just being a bitch?

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 11:27 AM
This should have been a poll.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I really like Trent Green. I am pleased with Carl this offseason, including this situation, and I hate the Dolphins.....

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
This should have been a poll.Rome wasn't built in a day...

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day...
no, but this post could be built in 30 seconds.

and i voted for Carl. I think he's doing it the right way.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Carl is very well liked and supported in KC and by the fans...

He will win this in a landslide...

eazyb81
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm on the Chiefs side.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Rome wasn't built in a day...
sometimes Jim Rome takes an entire day between thoughts.

"the slingbox is great!"

dead air...

dead air...

dead air...

dead air...

dead air...

my next guest...

Sure-Oz
05-24-2007, 11:42 AM
damnit i voted for trent on accident, im on carls side...

Baconeater
05-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I reluctantly have to take Carl's side on this one.

StcChief
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Carl needs to do what's right by Chiefs.

Remember we gave #1 pick to Lambs for him

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Carl needs to do what's right by Chiefs.

Remember we gave #1 pick to Lambs for him

True and he has preformed like a #1 pick should have as well.. Only thing is this #1 pick is 37 not 28...

Carl has to do what is right for the Chiefs, or so he thinks...

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Carl is very well liked and supported in KC and by the fans...

He will win this in a landslide...

You're speaking about Carl Peterson, right?

ROFL ROFL

Most fans can't stand Carl.

That's what makes this even more interesting to me. Fans hate him and are STILL siding with him.

What does that say about Trent?

Wile_E_Coyote
05-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm on Carl's side. Trent will get traded for a 5th. Go down to Miami & have his usual slow start. The boo birds will come out. Culpepper will be ready to go about then & be the hero

Sure-Oz
05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm on Carl's side. Trent will get traded for a 5th. Go down to Miami & have his usual slow start. The boo birds will come out. Culpepper will be ready to go & be the hero
Or they will both blow out their knees and Cleo Lemon will start ftw!

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 11:54 AM

That's what makes this even more interesting to me. Fans hate him and are STILL siding with him.

What does that say about Trent?I SELDOM side with Carl. This is a rare instance. Piss on Trent...

jAZ
05-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm on the side of the Chiefs. But Trent isn't a bitch either.

The one thing I wish he would do differently (and I understand why he doesn't) is that I wish he'd put as much public pressure on Miami to give up more as he is on the Chiefs to take less.

It's not in his best interest to do that though. A better pick for Miami helps the Miami QB. Pissing off KC fans on the way out is better than pissing off the Miami fans on the way in.

But still.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM

The one thing I wish he would do differently (and I understand why he doesn't) is that I wish he'd put as much public pressure on Miami to give up more as he is on the Chiefs to take less.

It's not in his best interest to do that though. A better pick for Miami helps the Miami QB. Pissing off KC fans on the way out is better than pissing off the Miami fans on the way in.

But still.Yeah, he's a bitch...
:) :p

NewChief
05-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Yeah, I think there are two different issues at stake here. One has to do with whether you want to see the Chiefs get "fair" compensation for Trent or just release Trent or make the trade for a 6/7. Most Chiefs fans would, I imagine, easily come down on the side of Carl and the Chiefs on that one.

The other issue is whether you think Trent is being a bitch/baby/sofie/whiner/whatever in this deal. I think you can easily side with the Chiefs on the first question, but then side with Trent on the second.

Good point.

trndobrd
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I just don't see where Carl is being unreasonable in all of this. He allowed Green shop around and find a good fit. (How many NFL players are given the opportunity to do that?) He has repeatedly attempted to negotiate with Miami only to be told that Miami won't budge from a 6th round pick.

If the report that Carl offered TG for a 6th and 3rd round swap is true, it tells me that Miami is not as interested as TG seems to think. That's not Carl's fault. Trent should wake up and realize that Miami isn't going to be sugarplums and gumdrops and maybe start looking elsewhere.

At the same time, Miami wants to pick up a starting Pro-Bowl QB (albeit with a poor performance last year) for a small percentage of his $7.2 million salary and little or no trade value. Shame on Carl for not being a patsy?

Rain Man
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
The blame for this situation goes to (in descending order):

1. The Miami general manager for being too stupid to get his starting QB into camp.
2. Robert Geathers.
3. Trent Green's agent.
4. Paul Hackett, because he should be on any blame list.
5. Trent Green.
6. Carl Peterson.

patteeu
05-24-2007, 12:19 PM

But still.

The difference between a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick in next years' draft isn't going to make a bit of difference in Trent Green's career. That player, if he becomes a valuable asset in the NFL at all, won't make an impact until after Trent's career is over, in all likelihood.

Trent has every reason to work both sides to get this trade done, IMO. The only thing he doesn't want to do is piss the Miami people off to the point where they wouldn't want him.

trndobrd
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm reminded of a friend who worked for the Law Offices of A,B & C. She went in and said she had taken an offer at X, Y & Z law firm. They told her that she was contractually obligated to give 30 days notice if she was leaving to work at another lawfirm in a 100 mile radius otherwise a non-compete clause would kick in and they expected her to stay on for 30 additional days.

She agreed. The following day she went to work to find that her office had been cleared of all files. Her computer replaced by one with windows only and no internet access, the phone was gone, and the support staff was that she was to handle no cases.

Basically 30 days in solitary playing minesweeper.

patteeu
05-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I think Rain Man's list is about right.

Trent Green has been one of my favorite Chiefs these past few years. I didn't ever think he had that great of an arm (at least for the long ball), but I really appreciated his leadership abilities and his ability to throw a short pass that didn't hit the receiver at the ankle or sail way over his head (like Elvis used to do). But I think his interviews are a slight negative for him. I think he tries really hard to be diplomatic, but the way he is placing the blame for not getting a trade done almost exclusively on the Chiefs comes across a little whiny to me. And I don't think anyone who has been coddled like Green was (no interception was ever his fault according to DV) and who has been as handsomely rewarded by his team the way he was, ought to be whining about this situation IMO.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 12:27 PM
$7.2 million and Green thinks he has the right to bitch? Green's concussion obviously knocked something loose. Green is coming off as a pampered athlete who isn't getting his way and it's sickening.

Chiefnj
05-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Carl needs to do what is right for the team. Right now it means holding onto Trent in hopes that Miami gives a little. That might change by the time camp rolls around and the biggest need is not the difference between a 6th and 5th rounder, but the need to develop Croyle in a positive atmosphere.

Right now Carl isn't doing anything wrong holding onto Trent and Trent isn't doing anything wrong trying to force a trade ASAP. It's business.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM

What does that say about Trent?

EGG-zackly!

luv
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I've gotten to the point where I just want it to be done. Let me know when he's traded, dropped, whatever.

Inspector
05-24-2007, 01:11 PM
It's a business. They are all a bunch of rich guys.

As fans most of us want what's best for the Chiefs.

Trent should probably spend more time thinking about how to spend all the money he's made.

Guru
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I think all sides are being bitches about this.

afchiefs
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll add my little take.

I think all of this weighted competion stuff from TG is BS. I think he knows that in Miami he can beat Lemon, Culpepper probably won't be healthy and is not the right system QB for them and Beck is not ready.

Now as for the Chiefs - I think he is afraid that it will be an actual competion that he hasn't had to do for 6 seasons and that he has a real good chance of only earning the 3rd string spot

Arm Strength - Croyle, Huard then Green
Accuracy - Huard/ Green tie Croyle unknown by me
Mobility - Croyle, Huard then Green
Pocket Awareness - Green, Huard then Croyle again unknown by me
Intangiables - Green

Croyle was suppose to have played in alot of pressure games in Alabama and basically carried that team but until he shows it to the NFL its only college history.

Anyway my 2cents (I'll send everyone a bill) :p

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
both sides have screwed this thing up so "BCD is a tool"

:)