PDA

View Full Version : Trent on nfl live

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
WHY WONT HE SHUT UP!?!

Coogs
05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
His agent is going to be on 610 in a couple of minutes as well.

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
He's everywhere and he won't stop bitching. Earn your starting spot. Don't whine to get it.

I've always had respect for green, and now it's diminishing. I understand it's "unfair" after all he's done but just because he's not Dick's go to boy and has to compete for a job doesn't mean he can bitch and try to trade himself. YOU'RE A PLAYER TRENT, not anything else. Shut up and get ready to play. Or warm the bench. But it's not your choice damnit.

Codered
Because he is trying to pressure on the Chiefs. He is trying to play a little hard ball with the master.

InChiefsHell
GOD! MAKE IT STOOOOOOP!!!

...Carl, trade him for a 6 rounder or a six pack, I don't give a shit. This is so friggin ridiculous!!!

The Chiefs FINALLY get national exposure and it's over this shit...

Direckshun
Good. This thread gives me an excuse to dump this (http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/116939.html) fantastic Trent Green article from the Miami Herald. I didn't want to start a new thread.

Enough! K.C, Miami must close the deal
BY GREG COTE
gcote@MiamiHerald.com

The Dolphins' attempts to extract quarterback Trent Green from Kansas City will take on the gestational feel of a pregnancy if this thing goes on much longer. Can someone at least provide a due date, please?

If and when this laborious deal is at last consummated, we should expect not a press release from the local team but a birth announcement:

``The Dolphins today welcomed to their world a new arrival, Trent Jason Green. Weight: 217 pounds, 10 ounces. Length: 75 inches. Delivery was described as difficult.''

The Green saga has become the oddest little soap of the NFL offseason.

Here we have two teams plainly desperate to make this deal happen, no real significant gulf between them in terms of demand and offer, and reasons for urgency on both sides -- and yet nothing happens. It's like a staring match in which both sides keep twitching and blinking, and then start staring again.

Kansas City unequivocally wants to trade Green. Damon Huard has the quarterback job there unless young Brodie Coyle can wrest it. They're ready to put Green, turning 37 in July, in the recyclable bin out by the curb.

Green expressly wants out, has gone public admitting the situation there has grown ''awkward,'' and could be making his preferred destination more obvious only if he trotted onto the Chiefs practice field wearing an aqua Marino jersey and Dolfan Denny's orange sequined hat while singing, ``Mi-a-mi has the Dolphins, the greatest football team.''

Meantime, the new Miami regime is enamored of Green (for reasons considerably more clear to first-year coach Cam Cameron than to many of us). The locals are forbidden from stating this because the object of their affection remains under contract to another club, but it's clear every avenue of planning has Green taking snaps in Miami's season-opening series Sept. 9 at Washington.

So why isn't the deal getting done?

You ask a good question.

K.C. is demanding a fourth-round pick and Miami is offering a sixth-rounder. I mean, is it really going to take Jimmy Carter heading a United Nations delegation to broker a compromise here?

We are not Jews-and-Palestinians, Sunnis-and-Shiites or Yankees-and-Red Sox-fans apart here, people.

Has it occurred to the two teams to meet in the middle and make it a fifth-round pick? Or perhaps make it a conditional fourth-to-sixth swing depending on how much or how successfully he plays?

The heck of it is, both sides have cause for compromise. Both sides seem to be claiming a leverage neither really enjoys.

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson, delusional over Green's worth, should take what he can and get rid of Green as fast as if he was an unpinned hand grenade. Why? Because K.C.'s offseason practices have begun, Green is participating and if he gets hurt, the Chiefs are liable for all of his $7.2 million 2007 salary.

Plus, it's not like other teams are in line to outbid Miami for the services of an aging quarterback coming off a concussion-tarnished season. A guy who, at this career juncture, might be better-suited to wearing a cap on the sideline and handing out sage advice.

But Miami also should be feeling a sense of urgency that isn't apparent. With Daunte Culpepper not in the future picture -- as persona non grata in Miami as Green is in K.C. -- the Dolphins need Green as a veteran stopgap while determining if second-round draftee John Beck looks as good live as on film.

It's fine to assume Green can fit right into the Miami system because Cameron was his quarterbacks coach in Washington, and the offenses are similar. It isn't just about the playbook, though. It's about getting in synch with your offensive linemen, and more so your receivers. For a quarterback, it's about taking on a leadership role that comes less easily if you walk in at the last moment wearing a ''Hello My Name Is'' tag.

By further delay, Miami also runs the same risk K.C. does: the deal grinding to a halt by an injury to Green. Then what?

I've said my piece on Culpepper deserving a shot here. But if that doesn't happen and Green is to be the man for 2007, Miami needs to start acting like having him here soon is sort of important.

The Dolphins' final minicamp is June 8-10. If Green isn't here by then, I say we lock K.C.'s Peterson and Dolphins GM Randy Mueller in a room with no windows and no air-conditioning until this dilatory deal gets done.

No bathroom in there, either, by the way, just to make sure.

InChiefsHell
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Actually, that article makes sense...

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I have never heard anyone be so vocal about a situation like this.
Usually it is just a bunch of beating around the bush. So weird that it is Trent doing it.

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow ... this is only going to become more maddening for the players and coaches. They need to end the pain quickly and move on.

Coogs
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Damon Huard has the quarterback job there unless young Brodie Coyle can wrest it.

I thought the job was Croyles unless he relly stinks it up.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Trent never got this much attention when he was leading the NFL's #1 offense and going to Pro-Bowls...

The media is so f*cked up...

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Trent never got this much attention when he was leading the NFL's #1 offense and going to Pro-Bowls...

The media is so f*cked up...

No, but Holmes sure did...

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow ... this is only going to become more maddening for the players and coaches. They need to end the pain quickly and move on.

This isnt no sh*t....

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Brock
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Except when he was breaking TD records.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM

That is true....

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
My only problem is that these articles about "meeting in the middle" are false. The middle ground IS the fourth round pick. KC has been the only party interested in compromising throughout this whole messed up affair, and we still get painted as the bad guys.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 02:22 PM
My only problem is that these articles about "meeting in the middle" are false. The middle ground IS the fourth round pick.

Exactly. Carl started at a 2nd. Miami started at a 7th.

Carl is willing to negotiate. Miami isn't.

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
-

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
By the way, just to let you guys know, this was practice yesterday:

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/05/23/22/625-CHIEFS_sp_052307_jpb_445_copy_05-24-2007_37SJ33P.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Yeah, looks like the team's just getting ripped apart by the awkardness...

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 02:24 PM

I think we should try a 7th and cleo lemon.

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Umm... starting at "a 2nd" was insane.. 4th was the realistic starting point.

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:25 PM

Carl is willing to negotiate. Miami isn't.I know, why does no one remember this. Trent doesnt even remember. Watching his interview last night on NFL network made it look like all Trent knows is the bad press we get on ESPN.

Maybe someone should fill him in on how the Dolphins are being stingy rat #*#$ %^$$@!!!!

chagrin
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/05/23/22/625-CHIEFS_sp_052307_jpb_445_copy_05-24-2007_37SJ33P.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Damn, Crolye looks like Bronson Pinchot LMAO

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Yeah, looks like the team's just getting ripped apart by the awkardness...Damons rippin somethin though.

chagrin
05-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I know, why does no one remember this. Trent doesnt even remember. Watching his interview last night on NFL network made it look like all Trent knows is the bad press we get on ESPN.

Maybe someone should fill him in on how the Dolphins are being stingy rat #*#$ %^$$@!!!!

Because, the fickle fugs want to throw a perfectly good QB the door, because he wants to be treated better.

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 02:28 PM

The 2nd was insane only if you thought Carl actually wanted a 2nd. I think it was pretty obvious that Carl believed the whole time that a 4th was fair compensation for Green. It really isn't smart business to give a conference rival their starting QB for peanuts.

SNR
05-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Yeah, looks like the team's just getting ripped apart by the awkardness...This post needs its own thread. Captioning Huard is just too much.

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:31 PM
The 2nd was insane only if you thought Carl actually wanted a 2nd. I think it was pretty obvious that Carl believed the whole time that a 4th was fair compensation for Green. It really isn't smart business to give a conference rival their starting QB for peanuts.
But thats what ESPN says! And Trent, I guess, believes he is worth peanuts too. :shrug:

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Trent Green declared war on the Chiefs as soon as they "decided to do him a favor" and told him he was no longer in their plans.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Croyle looks like Dave Grohl.

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:34 PM
This post needs its own thread. Captioning Huard is just too much.
Yeah, Ive had that face before. That is after a night of 12-16 Miller High Lifes, 4 Brats, and a ton of pasta salad.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 02:38 PM

And Miami starting at a 7th is insane.

If the Broncos were in this situation, wouldn't you want Bowlen to start at a 2nd, especially knowing the history the Dolphins have throwing them around for QB's?

Everyone points to the Ravens getting a 4th for McNair and says Green isn't worth that because of his age.

What those folks seem to forget about is that Green has done much more than McNair in a shorter amount of time.

McNair has thrown for only 3,000 more yards than Trent, but has played 4 more years.

Hell, Trent Green is a better QB than McNair RIGHT NOW.

If McNair's worth a 4th, so is Trent.

DMAC
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I predict that by July 10th, if nothing is resolved...we will hear from Trent Greens wife.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM

you've obviously never negotiated before....starting with a 4th would be retarded...

the bottom line is simple, when Miami offers something besides an insult for Green then they can have him...

Carl is to be blamed for thinking a that when two parties want something they negotiate...Miami just pouts and demands it...who knew?

wockenbauss
05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Good. This thread gives me an excuse to dump this (http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/116939.html) fantastic Trent Green article from the Miami Herald. I didn't want to start a new thread.

Hey Direckshun, just so you don't think I'm all one sided, here's another article even MORE favorable to the Chiefs and Peterson's position. I didn't want you to think the Kansas City press has the only local beat writer group in the league perfectly willing to stir up hate, discontent, and totally screw up what the local NFL franchise is trying to accomplish. LOL

Not that this means anything, other than the usual media sympathy pains when writers in another city have a "great story" and the local guys want to get in on it.

Greg Stoda is a moron IMHO... but it should make you guys feel some better. :) As I've seen you state about articles in KC.... this guy would have been the first one out of the gate on a hatchet job if the Dolphins had traded a 4th for Green a month or two ago. He'd have written a gorgeous column about the tons of wasted draft picks traded for QB's since Dan marino retired - and been the first advocate of hanging/burning Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron in effigy. LOL

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/05/24/a1c_stoda_0524.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Commentary: Don't quibble about the pick

By Greg Stoda

Palm Beach Post Columnist

Thursday, May 24, 2007

That guy doing all the complaining in a Kansas City Chiefs mini-camp?

Yeah, he's the Dolphins' starting quarterback.

Or he will be, anyway, when the acrimony settles and Miami's brain trust does what it ought to do (like, say, right now) and sends a future fourth-round draft pick to the Chiefs in exchange for Trent Green.

What's delaying the deal, apparently, is Miami's desire to give Kansas City a sixth-round pick for Green.

That's correct.

The Dolphins, starved at quarterback despite having a cupboard filled with players listed at the position, are allowing a disagreement about the potential difference between a fourth-round and a sixth-round pick prevent them from getting Green into a Miami uniform sooner rather than later. The risk the Dolphins run, of course, is losing Green to another party that might become interested in him and would meet Kansas City's asking price.

"(Miami is) the only team we've come to a contract agreement with," Green told reporters in Kansas City.

So, with restructuring done, get on with the signing and make the work count for something.

The difference between the fourth- and sixth-round pick for the Dolphins in this year's draft, by the way, was the difference between Paul Soliai (defensive tackle, Utah) with the 108th selection and Reagan Mauia (fullback, Hawaii) with the 181st choice or Drew Mormino (center-guard, Central Michigan) with the 199th.

The Dolphins argue that they're making a value judgment on Green, but that's all but impossible to do when the judgment on the other side of the equation depends on players taken so deep in a draft.

How about an examination of other Miami fourth-rounders in recent years?

That group would include offensive lineman Joe Toledo last year and defensive back Travis Daniels the year before that and DB Will Poole the year before that (plus a trade of another fourth-round pick). The last significant Miami hit on a fourth-rounder was tight end Randy McMichael in 2002, when the Dolphins swapped places with New Orleans in that round as part of the deal for Ricky Williams.

Not that Miami's recent sixth-round expeditions been all that valuable, but safety Yeremiah Bell does pop up in one of those slots.

Perhaps the best method to describe the depth of silliness involved in trying to determine what the difference might be between a fourth- and sixth-rounder is to study what comes in between. Here, then, are a couple of fifth-round names etched into Miami history: Zach Thomas and Manny Wright.

How's that for a broad spectrum?

Thomas (1996) will live forever in franchise lore as a Dolphin king; Wright, selected in the supplemental draft in 2005, is as forgettable as they come.

The point, in getting back to Green, is that he's worth a Miami gamble given its current circumstance - Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon and John Beck - at quarterback. And there's also the fact that Green is screaming to get out of Kansas City and wants to come to Miami. He told reporters everything is "awkward" in Kansas City and he knows the quarterback competition there is "weighted" against him because of his age and salary. He also said he's comfortable with coach Cam Cameron, who was his quarterbacks coach for two seasons in Washington.

It's unlikely that Green, who missed half of last season with a concussion, would be as good for the Dolphins as he was for six seasons with the Chiefs. But Green - who will be 37 on July 9 - might provide a bridge to Beck, which is what this whole thing is about.

It's abundantly clear Cameron isn't enamored with Culpepper, who still is trying to recover from last year's disappointments with the Dolphins when he rushed back too quickly from a knee injury suffered the previous season.

The Dolphins' concerns regarding Green could be labeled The Daunte Effect in that Miami gave a second-round pick to Minnesota to get Culpepper. But the Dolphins have to get to Beck a year or two from now, and they don't seem to want Culpepper or Lemon at quarterback in the meantime.

Which is why Miami ought to part with a fourth-round pick to get Green to South Florida as soon as possible.

Never mind The Daunte Effect.

Better for the Dolphins to think of it as The Beck Project.

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I predict that by July 10th, if nothing is resolved...we will hear from Trent Greens wife.

That'll be more like this week.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Maybe we can get Brenda Warner to fill in as Trent's spokesperson...

pikesome
That'll be more like this week.

When do we hear from TG's church members?

booger
Can't wait for NFLN's latest installment of "Trentertainment Tonight" on total access.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey Direckshun, just so you don't think I'm all one sided, here's another article even MORE favorable to the Chiefs and Peterson's position.
Thanks, it was a decent article. To be fair, Paul Soliai is a beast.

HemiEd
05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
When do we hear from TG's church members?

I think one has been posting on here, about the subject quite regularly.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Len Pasquarelli was just on ESPN news pretty much saying this whole situation is horrible for the Chiefs and makes them look really bad in players eyes around the league........

If you look around it appears people who aren't Chiefs fans are siding with Green and think the Chiefs are being assholes.....

Guru
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM

ROFL

Brodie... Duuuuuuude.
Damon... That stink! What the hell!!!
Trent... The beach. Yeah, the beach. Nice!!!

DMAC
05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Len Pasquarelli was just on ESPN news pretty much saying this whole situation is horrible for the Chiefs and makes them look really bad in players eyes around the league........

If you look around it appears people who aren't Chiefs fans are siding with Green and think the Chiefs are being assholes.....Didn't we offer a 6th and the Dolphins said no? Or was that a rumor?

wockenbauss
05-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks, it was a decent article. To be fair, Paul Soliai is a beast.

Your welcome. It's a bad situation all the way around, and I don't believe the Chiefs deserve all the negative attention this thing is drawing across the country right now. Unfortunately the team holding a players rights is always going to get the brunt of criticism in a case like this.... same thing happened with the Titans/McNair situation last year, and to a lesser extent the Lions/Harrington deal.

I was hyped about the Soliai pick too. A lot of draft "expert" opinions I have read rated him at the best or 2nd best 3-4 nose tackle in the draft.... and with Keith Traylor turning 38, Miami was in desperate need of a young guy at the spot.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 03:06 PM

If you look around it appears people who aren't Chiefs fans are siding with Green and think the Chiefs are being assholes.....
King Carl's rep doesn't help that at all

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Green and Steiner are the ones that went PUBLIC. The media has a way of twisting what has actually occured. Green needs to sack up and realize Carl isn't going to hand over a STARTING QB for a 6th rounder. Who in their right mind would? The sooner the fins figure that out, the sooner Greenie can have his cookies and milk in Miami.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Didn't we offer a 6th and the Dolphins said no? Or was that a rumor?

We offered a 6th and a swap of 3rd's.

They declined. 11 spots in the 3rd. Not a monumental jump, considering the player they took, Lorenzo Booker, would have been there in the 4th.

They either don't want Trent as bad as Trent wants them, or think that CP will flat out cut Trent and they can get him for free. (which isn't going to happen now.....)

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
King Carl's rep doesn't help that at all

rep!

kc rush
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM

A Fighter of Foo

Crying Boo Hoo

Squeezing a Poo

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:10 PM
He didn't go public......till he felt the Chiefs were ****ing him over......

He felt he was told to find a trade and it would be done by the draft, he didn't say a word before the draft.....if you ask him I'm sure he'd say the Chiefs brought this upon themselves.

unothadeal
05-24-2007, 03:11 PM
How about we give a 7th for Zach Thomas. That seems fair.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 03:11 PM
How about we give a 7th for Zach Thomas. That seems fair.

Throw in Redrums mother and you might have a deal.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Pastabelly speaking on behalf of every player in the league.....interesting.

Free agents want three things, in this order:

Money.

Playing time.

A winning team.

If ANY team, including the Chiefs can provide a FA these things, they'll sign there.

This whole "players won't sign with KC now" melodrama is retarded.

crazycoffey
around the horn just mentioned the Herm PC will be the next topic of conversation after the comercial...

htismaqe

Like anybody, let alone us, should care what Len Pasquarelli thinks.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:15 PM
around the horn just mentioned the Herm PC will be the next topic of conversation after the comercial...

I saw that video of Herm chewing that guy out yesterday.......All I could think is so Herm who the hell do you think you are........

I however enjoy how 99% of QB's in Green's spot just get cut and that we saw we might get something we started demanding unreasonable shit......

It's like people forgot how Green played last year...........either way the Chiefs ****ed this up to begin with and now it's getting worse.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM

on buy or sell, was Green lied to? was the question.

sound bite of Herm, saying it is a competition.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 03:17 PM

I think any chance anyone gets to bash Carls moronic ass, they take full advantage of it and pyle on....

HemiEd
05-24-2007, 03:18 PM
He didn't go public......till he felt the Chiefs were ****ing him over......

He felt he was told to find a trade and it would be done by the draft, he didn't say a word before the draft.....if you ask him I'm sure he'd say the Chiefs brought this upon themselves.

Why did I know you would take this side and see it this way?

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 03:18 PM

woody, jay, on Green's side, he's being mistreated.

some girl said Chiefs made a mistake by leaking the trade rumors, story long ago.

only Bill Plaschke is on Carl's side, keep him until you get a good pick, wait it out. use him if no one pony's up the pick.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I saw that video of Herm chewing that guy out yesterday.......All I could think is so Herm who the hell do you think you are........

He's a guy defending himself. I love the righteous indignation from everyone here when they know damn well how THEY would react if someone PUBLICALLY called them a liar.

I however enjoy how 99% of QB's in Green's spot just get cut and that we saw we might get something we started demanding unreasonable shit......

It's like people forgot how Green played last year...........either way the Chiefs ****ed this up to begin with and now it's getting worse.

Name just ONE QB in Green's spot that "just got cut".

We asked for a 4th rounder and then a 6th rounder and a swap of 3rds. That's NOT "unreasonable shit".

Oh Snap
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
He's everywhere and he won't stop bitching. Earn your starting spot. Don't whine to get it.

I've always had respect for green, and now it's diminishing. I understand it's "unfair" after all he's done but just because he's not Dick's go to boy and has to compete for a job doesn't mean he can bitch and try to trade himself. YOU'RE A PLAYER TRENT, not anything else. Shut up and get ready to play. Or warm the bench. But it's not your choice damnit.
this is were vermiel was bad for this team. He always made his players feel more like family where your loyal to them then he did a team that WANTS to swin.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Dude 33 year old Steve McNair who had a more accompllished past went for less than what we asking for.......

I don't even think Green is worth as much as McNair or really even close to it. 37 year old players don't have alot of value they just don't even if Green was coming off a great year he still wouldn't have great value just due to that.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Dude 33 year old Steve McNair who had a more accompllished past went for less than what we asking for.......

I don't even think Green is worth as much as McNair or really even close to it. 37 year old players don't have alot of value they just don't even if Green was coming off a great year he still wouldn't have great value just due to that.

We asked for a 4th rounder, which is what McNair was traded for. While Green MAY not be worth that (in fact, I would say unequivocally that he's not) asking for a 4th rounder is FAR from unreasonable.

Furthermore, you skirted my question.

Name ONE QB in Trent's situation that was simply CUT, rather than traded for a draft pick.

wockenbauss
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
We asked for a 4th rounder and then a 6th rounder and a swap of 3rds. That's NOT "unreasonable shit".

You asked for a 4th rounder, and then (the 6th and swap of 3rds) which on the actual draft pick valuation chart works out to three points less than the Dolphins 9th overall pick in the 4th round.

Basically you asked for a 4th rounder straight up, and then asked for a 4th rounder in another way.

KC is stuck on a 4th, Miami has agreed to come off it's offer of a 6th.... why isn't this done for a 5th round pick NOW?

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

99% ROFL

Name the last Pro Bowl QB, who has thrown for over 20,000 yards in the past 5 years, get cut and not traded.

htismaqe
You asked for a 4th rounder, and then (the 6th and swap of 3rds) which on the actual draft pick valuation chart works out to three points less than the Dolphins 9th overall pick in the 4th round.

Basically you asked for a 4th rounder straight up, and then asked for a 4th rounder in another way.

KC is stuck on a 4th, Miami has agreed to come off it's offer of a 6th.... why isn't this done for a 5th round pick NOW?

Miami hasn't offered a 5th, that's why.

Guru

Because Miami desperately wants to make Carl look bad in all this.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Name the last Pro Bowl QB, who has thrown for over 20,000 yards in the past 5 years, get cut and not traded.

He can't, which is why he avoided responding to this the first time I asked him to do it.

Eric
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM
The Miami Gm doesn't like Trent.

The coach does.

I think Rhonda Moss said there is split because they gave a 2nd for Culpepper and the WH(owner) might be interferring.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM

McNair is an above average QB, but Green has been in the top 5 the past few years. That's worth more than a 6th rounder.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Mecca needs ESPN insider.....

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Sure if you're going off things like that.....Drew Bledsoe, that's probably a good comparison of Trent age..decline all that jazz.

Guess what he was just cut before going to the Cowboys.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM

More accomplished because he played in a SB 8 years ago? BFD.

McNair has thrown for a whopping 3,000 more yards than Trent, and has taken 4 more years to do it.

You can whine about age 'til you're blue in the face.

Trent didn't really start his career until he was 28 years old. In football years, McNair is 4 years OLDER than Trent.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
McNair is an above average QB, but Green has been in the top 5 the past few years. That's worth more than a 6th rounder.

Well Green doesn't have an MVP or Superbowl start.........so when comparing them McNair is younger and his past is atleast as much if not more accomplished.....

Plus the Ravens are and were a win now team where Miami isn't......it's his value to the team you are trading with.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
He can't, which is why he avoided responding to this the first time I asked him to do it.

Yeah, I'm behind. I keep getting distracted in the middle of my posts.

Happened again with the McNair > Green nonsense.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
More accomplished because he played in a SB 8 years ago? BFD.

McNair has thrown for a whopping 3,000 more yards than Trent, and has taken 4 more years to do it.

You can whine about age 'til you're blue in the face.

Trent didn't really start his career until he was 28 years old. In football years, McNair is 4 years OLDER than Trent.

McNair sucks so much he has a league MVP.......Trent has been to what 2 pro bowls? Let's not prop him up like he's in that elite class here....especially after last year.

McNair isn't elite anymore either but I think he's worth more than Green is.

wockenbauss
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Miami hasn't offered a 5th, that's why.

It's been reported everywhere that Miami is willing to boost its offer of a 6th rounder. What could that possibly be BUT a 5th round pick???

I haven't read anywhere that KC will take anything less than a 4th.

Because Miami desperately wants to make Carl look bad in all this.

Why!??! The Chiefs aren't a division rival.... and while the teams may end up contending for a playoff spot against each other occasionally, I don't think either is making SuperBowl plans this year.

That makes no sense.

I'm not going to argue those two QB's performance, there just isn't any need. The point is McNair is FOUR YEARS younger than Green, and while Green may be worth more than a 6th - he's not worth a 4th IMHO.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
McNair sucks so much he has a league MVP.......Trent has been to what 2 pro bowls? Let's not prop him up like he's in that elite class here....especially after last year.

McNair isn't elite anymore either but I think he's worth more than Green is.

Of course McNair is worth MORE.

You were trying to contend that Trent is worth NOTHING.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
It's been reported everywhere that Miami is willing to boost its offer of a 6th rounder. What could that possibly be BUT a 5th round pick???

It could be a conditional pick, it could be a player, it could be just about anything.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
McNair is worth a 4th that's what he went for so that means Green is worth a 5 or 6.............just what I think though.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
a 6th round pick this year still holds a 7th round value because we don't get it until next year.

Miami hasn't raised it's offer a bit

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Well Green doesn't have an MVP or Superbowl start.........so when comparing them McNair is younger and his past is atleast as much if not more accomplished.....

Plus the Ravens are and were a win now team where Miami isn't......it's his value to the team you are trading with.
Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holliday, Joey Porter and their AGE say they are in a win NOW mode. How can you see it any differently? They are installing a new offense, but their defense will keep them in all of their games. Green at the helm, eases the transition, signifigantly, but that comes at a cost. We shouldn't think of it any differently. Carl's job is to look out for the Chiefs. Green is looking out for Green. That's plain and simple being selfish. A starting QB costs more than a 6th rounder. Like it or lump it. Carl won't cave and he shouldn't.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
They are not in a win now mode......they're worst team in their division........

Also that 6th is worth a 7th doesn't apply now because this years draft is over..........a 6 is a 6 again.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
They are not in a win now mode......they're worst team in their division........

Also that 6th is worth a 7th doesn't apply now because this years draft is over..........a 6 is a 6 again.
then why are they signing veterans like Joey Porter etc?

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
They probably don't want to win 2 games but they'll compete with a much younger Buffalo team for last place.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 03:55 PM
They probably don't want to win 2 games but they'll compete with a much younger Buffalo team for last place.
well then Green is part of that situation as well

a 6th round pick next year = 7th round value

almost worthless .... he's worth more to us as a security policy in case we have an injury than 7th round value.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I think keeping Green hurts us in the end if it does go into the season.....

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
if Damon Huard blows out his ACL in the first preseason game?

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 04:06 PM
if Damon Huard blows out his ACL in the first preseason game?

Or Croyle re-injures his shoulder?

Trent seems to be forgetting that there are other ways to start here even if he was to lose this "weighted" competition.

What if Huard and Croyle sucked ass during camp?

Herm is not going to start Brodie or Huard just for the sake of sticking it to Trent. He's gonna play the guy who he thinks helps this team win on Sundays.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I think alot of this has come to the point of....Trent doesn't like Herm, the direction of the team the coaching changes and just flat doesn't want to be here.

Valiant
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry this is all on the Fins... If they wanted to be fair they would make it a conditional pick... The Miami Herald article even stated it should be a conditional, that would be fair to all parties involved...

But Miami is not wanting to be fair..

And wasn't somebody saying that points wise a 4th round pick in this past draft was worth a 3rd next year points wise???

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM

really? how?

be specific, which players are going stop trying and playing hard because Trent is getting paid 7.2 mill?

I'd like some names....

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Seriously, what planet do you live on?

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I think alot of this has come to the point of....Trent doesn't like Herm, the direction of the team the coaching changes and just flat doesn't want to be here.

He doesn't want to be here because he has to compete. Trent Green doesn't like competition. He didn't like it in St. Louis and he doesn't like it here.

Trent Green doesn't like that his good ole' boy Vermeil left. He doesn't like that he isn't babied anymore - just like Dante. He doesn't like that the offense doesn't fit everyone of his strengths. He doesn't like that he doesn't have a half hour to throw the ball.

37 year olds typically don't like a youth movement either.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Alright if you want an ESPN media circus around the young players every day for the entire season great......if you think Trent is saying bad shit I can only imagine what it would become.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Alright if you want an ESPN media circus around the young players every day for the entire season great......if you think Trent is saying bad shit I can only imagine what it would become.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-24-2007, 06:00 PM
pastabelly has the WORST combover ever.

bringbackmarty
05-24-2007, 06:03 PM
C-pep for green, and we will throw in Green's playbook from two years ago, straight up. Sound fair anyone?

We get a younger vet, who can throw the ball down the field and take a hit or two. He also would bond with Kennison Bowe and Webb and get them up to speed on the longball, ala Randy Moss of old. (Kennison could do for Webb and Bowe what Carter did for Moss in Minnesota.) Miami gets the guy who will run their new offense. Nobody loses picks, we get a QB. If Croyle sux and Pepper is still hurt, Damon "I just pinched a loaf in my shorts" Huard takes over and has another highly efficient season. Next year we trade Huard for a 6th rounder to a team that ain't so cheap.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
We have zero use for Culpepper.

We have Croyle, who's young and can be very good, depending on his development.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Umm... starting at "a 2nd" was insane.. 4th was the realistic starting point.Why is that insane? You ALWAYS start out high. Duh...

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Croyle looks like Dave Grohl.Oh, shit! Thank you. That has been buggin' me for awhile now.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 07:26 PM

If you look around it appears people who aren't Chiefs fans are siding with Green and think the Chiefs are being assholes.....I would say anyone who knows anything about football would know better...

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
the Chiefs ****ed this up to begin with and now it's getting worse.How?

Joe Seahawk
05-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Regardless of who's right or wrong on this debacle the Chiefs are getting bad press.
They really should consider how this could affect their ability to attract free agents, or re-sign their own free agents..

5th rounder.. done!

Logical
05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Regardless of who's right or wrong on this debacle the Chiefs are getting bad press.
They really should consider how this could affect their ability to attract free agents, or re-sign their own free agents..

5th rounder.. done!

You are a wise man Joe.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM

5th rounder.. done!Yep. Just ask for a 5th and be done with it...

InChiefsHell
05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm guessing both teams know that it will come down to a 5th. But neither team wants to be the one who flinches...If Miami offers it, then Carl looks like the big winner...if Carl offers it, then Miami looks like the big winner...this is so damn schoolyard BS...