PDA

View Full Version : A STARTING QB for a 6th rounder????Dolphins are insane.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
This has gotten way out of hand and has become insane. I keep seeing the media portraying the Chiefs FO as the bad guys and continually putting the heat on the organization. What is being lost is Green will be the STARTER of the Dolphins and compensation is most definitely in order. Offering up a 6th rounder is insulting. The Dolphins gave up 2nd rounders for BACK-UPS and now they are balking about having to pay up for starting QB? The Dolphins are the disgrace in this matter.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round..

ClevelandBronco
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
The Dolphins? Trent Green? Really?

When did this happen?

bdeg
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I love how we wanted a 2nd and they offer a 7th, everybody in the media says a 4th is fair.

SO, we come down to a 4th, they barely budge, we don't give in, and we get slammed for being unfair.

Thanks Trent, this one's on you in my mind.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe we would have got a 4th if we didn't **** it up to begin with.........Carl trying to save face isn't going to take that pick back up now.

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Jim Steiner, Trent's agent, was on 610 this afternoon. He said Miami had changed their offer, but had not heard from the Chiefs' front office after several attempts to contact them.

BigChiefFan
I just listened to the Jim Steiner interview and the spin being put on this is maddening. I know it's the Green topic again, but the heat needs to fall back on the fins and their incoherent GM. When you really look at this from open eyes, giving away a starting QB for a 6th rounder would be moronic. Hold your ground, Carl.

Valiant
Actually I heard on ESPN earlier today that they said Trent was the most underrated player in the NFL for QB's...

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
If I was the Dolphins GM I wouldn't be willing to give up much for Green either.......

The Chiefs tipped their hand that he isn't starting, he doesn't want to be here........He will be a major headache for the Chiefs the entire time he's here......the Dolphins will likely finish last with or without him...

Where's this incentive for the Dolphins to give up alot?

shrek6849
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
The Dolphins have King Karl by the balls and have essentially called your bluff. Deal with it.

bdeg
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
If I was the Dolphins GM I wouldn't be willing to give up much for Green either.......

The Chiefs tipped their hand that he isn't starting, he doesn't want to be here........He will be a major headache for the Chiefs the entire time he's here......the Dolphins will likely finish last with or without him...

Better team - more seats sold.

Make no mistake, they would be a MUCH better team this year with Trent.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM

There isn't an incentive to give up ALOT.

But there's an incentive to give up something.

They don't want to start the season with Cleo Lemon. Beck is the future. Ideally, they'd have Green to mentor Beck.

penguinz
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybe we would have got a 4th if we didn't **** it up to begin with.........Carl trying to save face isn't going to take that pick back up now.Would you just STFU? 80% of the shit out of your mouth is just that. Shit.

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
The Dolphins have King Karl by the balls and have essentially called your bluff. Deal with it.

I disagree. The fins have no QB and we have Trent under contract. I say keep him unless they pony up.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM

You've got to be kidding me. The Dolphins or anybody that sides with them can't honestly believe the Chiefs are going to give up a former Pro Bowl QB for peanuts, do you? Green is EXPECTED to be their STARTER. A starting QB for a 6th rounder is laughable. Hell, Plummer netted a 4th rounder.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Usually you've got your head on straight despite your bias but this time it's gotten the best of you.

I love how the Chiefs have "tipped their hand" (when in reality, Green tipped the Chiefs hand when he went public -- Herm's been saying everything's equal), but Miami, who has a renegotiated deal in ink with Green, hasn't.

Where's the incentive for the Chiefs to settle for nothing?

StcChief
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Time is on our side.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey you can bag me because I disagree........but to me that Pro Bowl shit is nonsense........He's not worth what he was 3 years ago.......

5th round pick is the best you can do here.......

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey you can bag me because I disagree........but to me that Pro Bowl shit is nonsense........He's not worth what he was 3 years ago.......

Has Miami offered a 5th? I'd be happy with that.

bdeg
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM

How do you know the Chiefs wouldn't accept that?

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Well I've only see 500 reports saying the Dolphins are willing to come off a 6th but the Chiefs won't talk to them...........so that tells me.

bobbything
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.redgdesign.com/Bea.jpg

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Well I've only see 500 reports saying the Dolphins are willing to come off a 6th but the Chiefs won't talk to them...........so that tells me.

The fins are changing their offer and it's May? They wanted to play hardball and now they're rethinking things?

bdeg
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM
According to Trent...

Bob Dole
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Because every team gets their starting QB in the 5th round and later.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
If the 'fins want a starting QB-that comes at a price more than a 6th rounder. This isn't charity. This is business. You want Green? You pay a 4th rounder or plan on Cleo Lemon or Beck as your starting QB this year-it's that simple. Pay up or pound sand, it's entirely on the Dolphins at this point.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Because every team gets their starting QB in the 5th round and later.

Those guys aren't 37...........

afchiefs
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
During the agent interview he kept saying how TG was old and hurt last year and was probably only worth a 6TH. I have never heard a players agent down grade his own client like that. He was just spewing crap.
He also said that TG had to much class to act like he wanted to go to Clevland, which would have increase his value, and TG would not created a circus like that when he had no intention of playing for the Browns just to give the Chiefs leverage.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Those guys aren't 37........... or top 5 at their position. Green has been at the top of the league at his position, including missing those 8 games last year. The Dolphins WILL make Green their starter. Why in the holy Hell would we give them a starting QB for a 6th rounder? You'd have to be mental.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Those guys aren't 37...........

Yeah, because there's no evidence a QB can still be effective after age 36, especially when his career didn't start until he was 28.....

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
We have under contract the QB Miami wants. We hold the cards and Carl knows this. That's why Miami has suddenly changed their offer and we're only in OTAs.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Well I've only see 500 reports saying the Dolphins are willing to come off a 6th
Link?

Mecca
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
or top 5 at their position. Green has been at the top of the league at his position, including missing those 8 games last year. The Dolphins WILL make Green their starter. Why in the holy Hell would we give them a starting QB for a 6th rounder? You'd have to be mental.

Look Trent Green isn't top 5 at his position anymore.....his value isn't what it was even 2 years ago......

You can not trade guys for what they use to be.

Stewie
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm wondering... are Trent and Steiner on Miami radio pleading their case about getting the deal done?

Ugly Duck
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Offering up a 6th rounder is insulting.

Thats about the going rate. Oakland had to give up one of its 4th rounders for its starting QB, but Detroit also threw a 1st round WR into the deal. Offer Miami Green and a 1st round WR.... you might get a 4th out of them. You got any extra 1st round WRs crowding up the roster to sweeten the deal with?

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Thats about the going rate. Oakland had to give up one of its 4th rounders for its starting QB, but Detroit also threw in a 1st round WR into the deal. Offer Miami Green and a 1st round WR.... you might get a 4th out of them. You got any extra 1st round WRs crowding up the roster to sweeten the deal with?

Not Detroit caliber first round WRs.

Wait...I guess if Charles Rogers is still floating around we could do a sign and trade.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats about the going rate. Oakland had to give up one of its 4th rounders for its starting QB, but Detroit also threw a 1st round WR into the deal. Offer Miami Green and a 1st round WR.... you might get a 4th out of them. You got any extra 1st round WRs crowding up the roster to sweeten the deal with?

You can't possibly be comparing Josh McCown with Trent Green.....

:shake:

trndobrd
05-24-2007, 04:12 PM

I hadn't heard that, do you have a link?

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Maybe we would have got a 4th if we didn't **** it up to begin with.........Carl trying to save face isn't going to take that pick back up now.

please

they offered a 7th....Carl negotiated which to means "****ed it up"...what a joke

if they were willing to give a 4th the deal would be done by now...the lengths people go to to blame Carl for doing his ****ing job....

Mr. Laz
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Look Trent Green isn't top 5 at his position anymore.....his value isn't what it was even 2 years ago......

You can not trade guys for what they use to be.
fine .... then **** the dolphins

we'll just keep him and they can rebuild with cleo lemon.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM

that tells me that Carl's negotiating is working...according to you we should have taken a 7th and if we didn't we'd get nothing....that was smart

thank god, once again, you're not the GM

Miami will give fair value for a starting QB or they won't...it ain't rocket science, and there is no reason we should lube up just becuase a couple of fans hate Carl beyond reason....

Ugly Duck
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
You can't possibly be comparing Josh McCown with Trent Green.....Naw... that was BigChieFan who lumped 'em all together with his question: "A STARTING QB for a 6th rounder????" They both is starting QBs.... sure, Trent is a little older, but he probably has a few more games in him. Didn't mean to imply that he's not worth a 6th.

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM

You can not trade guys for what they use to be. He was injured last year coming off a concussion. He didn't just forget how to play the game. Thinking a team can get a starting QB for peanuts is absurd. You're jaded as Hell on this issue.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 04:37 PM
He was injured last year coming off a concussion. He didn't just forget how to play the game. Thinking a team can get a starting QB for peanuts is absurd. You're jaded as Hell on this issue.

That's what gets me about this whole thing.....

The guy had a bad half-year AFTER getting his brain scrambled and coming back too quick. Every year PRIOR to that he's been spectacular.

Why are people out to make him a worthless POS all of a sudden?

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
That's what gets me about this whole thing.....

The guy had a bad half-year AFTER getting his brain scrambled and coming back too quick. Every year PRIOR to that he's been spectacular.

Why are people out to make him a worthless POS all of a sudden?
That's the "angle" their taking. It's Miami's supposed leverage. I'm beginning to think Mueller is an incompetent boob.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 04:42 PM
That's the "angle" their taking. It's Miami's supposed leverage. I'm beginning to think Mueller is an incompetent boob.

Beginning? Didn't you watch the draft?

BigChiefFan
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Beginning? Didn't you watch the draft?That's funny. He did take some questionable picks. Beck is already 26 years old, I believe. No way would I pull the trigger on my QBOTF being 26 years old as a rookie. The WR from Ohio State was questionable as well- that helped Bowe fall to us , though. I was stoked after that pick. Thanks, Cam.

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 04:49 PM

I'll say it again, if you ever became the GM of the Chiefs, I would move to Canada and root for that style of football.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll say it again, if you ever became the GM of the Chiefs, I would move to Canada and root for that style of football.

Hey, the BC Lions are fun to watch.....

Seriously, IF a 5th is the "best you can do" it's not because of Trent's age, concussion or ability, IMO. Mecca would like you to believe Ternt's a worthless POS.

The ONLY reason is that there is no competition for his services. Part of that is Trent's insistence to go to MIAMI ONLY.

A ffriend of mine who heard the interview with Steiner today said that the host asked Steiner "why not Cleveland" and Steiner said some BS about the Chiefs not ALLOWING Trent to go there.....

The biggest reason there is no competition is that the isn't another team in the league that really, truly needs a starting QB.

If this was any other year, with several openings, there's no doubt in my mind we'd have teams fighting to give us a 4th for Trent.....

KcMizzou
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
A ffriend of mine who heard the interview with Steiner today said that the host asked Steiner "why not Cleveland" and Steiner said some BS about the Chiefs not ALLOWING Trent to go there.....
What he said was that they didn't want to go to Cleveland and create a circus, when Trent only wanted to go to Miami.

The host asked if that wouldn't have help with leverage a bit, and might this deal be done by now... and he said it wasn't their job to give leverage to the Chiefs.

The Bad Guy
05-24-2007, 05:06 PM

Seriously, IF a 5th is the "best you can do" it's not because of Trent's age, concussion or ability, IMO. Mecca would like you to believe Ternt's a worthless POS.

The ONLY reason is that there is no competition for his services. Part of that is Trent's insistence to go to MIAMI ONLY.

The biggest reason there is no competition is that the isn't another team in the league that really, truly needs a starting QB.

If this was any other year, with several openings, there's no doubt in my mind we'd have teams fighting to give us a 4th for Trent.....

No kidding.

Green did the same thing with the Rams. He insisted on going to KC.

Only problem is we paid a premium.

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 05:07 PM
What he said was that they didn't want to go to Cleveland and create a circus, when Trent only wanted to go to Miami.

The host asked if that wouldn't have help with leverage a bit, and might this deal be done by now... and he said it wasn't their job to give leverage to the Chiefs.

Well that works out then, since it isn't Carl's job to bend over for Trent....

I'm gonna ask my wife to go to work tomorrow and demand she be transfered to Vegas, and only Vegas. See what happens....

Mecca
05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Players don't get better when they are 37....that is basically my point. He likely won't be as bad as he was last year but he won't be nearly as good as he was before...like some people seem to think.

Also when I say they ****ed it up I meant by being extremely open that they wanted to get rid of him.....if they wanted to maximize Trent's value then they shouldn't have been sending out press releases or telling Trent they were going away from him.......

They should have played it off as business as usual maybe talked to Miami briefly and made it seem like "Hey they still want Trent to start if we want him we're gonna have to do something"

That is what I meant when I said the Chiefs screwed it up to begin with.

keg in kc
05-24-2007, 05:15 PM
None of which changes the fact that we have no incentive to give Green up for nothing. Either Miami ponys up and pays something, or they don't get their starting QB.

End of story.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Well that works out then, since it isn't Carl's job to bend over for Trent....

I'm gonna ask my wife to go to work tomorrow and demand she be transfered to Vegas, and only Vegas. See what happens....

It's Carl's job to give players away for free when they say so...according to Whitlock and a disappointing number of Chief's fan....He's an asshole for negotiating...

for reasons no one can explain, we're the Franchise that is supposed to just bend over...on one would whine and complain if this were the Patriots, or the Eagles, or Pittsburgh...they'd write articles about what tough negotiators they were and how smart their franchises were for maximizing value, and how that's the reason they win year after year etc...

but the Chiefs are supposed to be losers....

OnTheWarpath15
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Players don't get better when they are 37....that is basically my point. He likely won't be as bad as he was last year but he won't be nearly as good as he was before...like some people seem to think.

I don't see anyone here claiming he'll be BETTER than before.

But to say he ABSOLUTELY WON'T be as good as he was before is nothing but OPINION.

The guy isn't just a worthless POS now that he's 37. And it's not without precedent that a player can have a sensational year at Trent's age.

Rich Gannon had his BEST year statistically at the age of:

Steve Young threw for a career high in yards at the age of:

John Elway was a SB MVP at age 38.

There was also some slug named Montana who was more than serviceable at age 37 and 38.......

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
End of story.

if only that were true...in 3 secs a new miamifan or a noob will show up and type...."This will tear the Chiefs apart, why is Carl such an asshole, take the 7th!"....

DJ's left nut
05-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Okay, so what happens if we give Green to the Dolphins for a 5th and come December we're fighting with them for a playoff spot?

This is zero sum, folks. Helping the Dolphins hurts us unless we get value back in return.

We get a 4th or we keep him, IMO.

OctoberFart
05-24-2007, 06:15 PM
37 years old yes that is what they go for.

Mecca
05-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Okay, so what happens if we give Green to the Dolphins for a 5th and come December we're fighting with them for a playoff spot?

This is zero sum, folks. Helping the Dolphins hurts us unless we get value back in return.

We get a 4th or we keep him, IMO.

If the Dolphins and Chiefs are both in playoff contention in December in the AFC......I'll eat my shoe.

If this was the NFC hey it's possible but these teams are in the bottom 3rd of the AFC.

Chief Faithful
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM

I'm amazed how quickly you forgot about Rich Gannon.

kcxiv
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
The Chiefs are doing the right thing here. Everyone knows it. You dont have to be a fan of either team. Tynes went for a freaking 6th rounder. He's a ****ing kicker that is below average(at least as far as accuracy) Yet, we have a starting quarterback, that is above average and they only are giving a 6th? **** Miami, they can seriously wait for Trent a week before the season starts for all i care.

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Actually I heard on ESPN earlier today that they said Trent was the most underrated player in the NFL for QB's...

He was, not anymore though. I'd say Marc Bulger, and I hate the Rams more than any other team in the NFL not from OAK or DEN.

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm amazed how quickly you forgot about Rich Gannon.

Gannon is a better QB than Green, as is Brett Favre and where he's at now in his playing years.

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 07:24 PM

Trent Green isnt the long term deal in MIA, that's part of the reason why he's only worth a 5th or 6th. He's 37 frickin years old people. He's a system QB that played behind an Oline that gave him an hour to throw the ball which was why he was successful here.

Green has no choice but to get traded to the team that the Chiefs choose to trade him too. Trent has no say in this. His insistence in going to MIA isn't holding this deal up by any means.

milmil13
05-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm a big fan of Trent Green, but I am tired of him constantly complaining to the media on how the Chiefs have lied to him. As many have already stated, the Dolphins are the ones not cooperating in the deal, but we continue to look like the bad guys. It is extremely frustrating.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 07:25 PM

his age is of no importance

you don't give away a starting QB for a 6th.....there is a price for a starting QB and it is not a 6th, it really is that simple...

they want Trent to start.....

tmax63
05-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Do I hear a cracking sound in Miami's rock-solid ain't worth more than a 6th stance. I think they might be beginning to understand that a probable starting QB was worth a 4th round pick in this year's draft or a 3rd out of next years draft and CP isn't gonna give Green away because he's pouting. CP's got another 2 months for Miami to get ancy about not having a starting QB before he has to worry about this and like said above KC can afford to pay him to ride the pine if need be even though that's not the best outcome that KC is hoping for.

LTforMVP
05-24-2007, 08:47 PM
The Chiefs are doing the right thing here. Everyone knows it. You dont have to be a fan of either team. Tynes went for a freaking 6th rounder. He's a ****ing kicker that is below average(at least as far as accuracy) Yet, we have a starting quarterback, that is above average and they only are giving a 6th? **** Miami, they can seriously wait for Trent a week before the season starts for all i care.

Name the 16 starting quarterbacks that Trent Green is presently better than

Mecca
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Name the 16 starting quarterbacks that Trent Green is presently better than

Well this should be funny...........

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM
http://www.arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/breakup5.gif

Abba-Dabba
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM

Also when I say they ****ed it up I meant by being extremely open that they wanted to get rid of him.....if they wanted to maximize Trent's value then they shouldn't have been sending out press releases or telling Trent they were going away from him.......

They should have played it off as business as usual maybe talked to Miami briefly and made it seem like "Hey they still want Trent to start if we want him we're gonna have to do something"

That is what I meant when I said the Chiefs screwed it up to begin with.

Still no link to your claim?

Quit talking out of your ass.

Luzap
05-24-2007, 11:36 PM

What ???

I'm sorry... I usually agree with Mecca's posts, but this is absurd.

Carl has held strong in the best interests of our team and we have fans criticizing him for it?

Luz
would all of you carl bashers PLEASE go to work for companies I'm submitting bids to???...
(I'll eat your lunch)... :)

The Bad Guy
05-25-2007, 05:26 AM
What ???

I'm sorry... I usually agree with Mecca's posts, but this is absurd.

Carl has held strong in the best interests of our team and we have fans criticizing him for it?

Luz
would all of you carl bashers PLEASE go to work for companies I'm submitting bids to???...
(I'll eat your lunch)... :)

You're so powerful. I guess all of us minions should bow to you because you are such a big wig.

penguinz
05-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Green has no choice but to get traded to the team that the Chiefs choose to trade him too. Trent has no say in this. His insistence in going to MIA isn't holding this deal up by any means.
No team is going to trade for him without a restructured contract. Green has said he will only restructure if going to Miami.

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Also when I say they ****ed it up I meant by being extremely open that they wanted to get rid of him.....if they wanted to maximize Trent's value then they shouldn't have been sending out press releases or telling Trent they were going away from him.

ROFL

When did the Chiefs send out PRESS RELEASES stating that they were done with Trent Green.

The public information out there that the Chiefs no longer want Trent came from TRENT.

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 08:07 AM
You're so powerful. I guess all of us minions should bow to you because you are such a big wig.

While he might have been less than tactful in his delivery, Luz has a point.

We negotiate multi-million dollar contracts here every day, and it's pretty easy to recognize the tactics and who the easy marks are.

OctoberFart
05-25-2007, 07:22 PM
his age is of no importance

you don't give away a starting QB for a 6th.....there is a price for a starting QB and it is not a 6th, it really is that simple...

they want Trent to start.....

Then why aren't you a GM as the Dolphins and the rest of the league outside of Kansas SH!tty think differently. Wasn't CP asking for a 2nd initially?

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Then why aren't you a GM as the Dolphins and the rest of the league outside of Kansas SH!tty think differently. Wasn't CP asking for a 2nd initially?

When a house is for sale for $150,000 and you want to buy it, do you tell the realtor, "I'll take it for $150,000"?

Anybody that thinks Carl actually WANTED a 2nd-rounder doesn't know jack shit about negotiations.

OctoberFart
05-25-2007, 09:03 PM
When a house is for sale for $150,000 and you want to buy it, do you tell the realtor, "I'll take it for $150,000"?

Anybody that thinks Carl actually WANTED a 2nd-rounder doesn't know jack shit about negotiations.

Well since pricing a house too high to begin with (if you want to take that route) will hurt the selling price in the long run since it most likely will go stale. Guess what Green is still available.

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Well since pricing a house too high to begin with (if you want to take that route) will hurt the selling price in the long run since it most likely will go stale. Guess what Green is still available.

What?

Try English.

KcMizzou
05-25-2007, 09:31 PM

Anybody that thinks Carl actually WANTED a 2nd-rounder doesn't know jack shit about negotiations.I'd replace "wanted" with "expected".

Chief Roundup
05-26-2007, 09:28 AM
If you offered me the next to last pick in the draft I am going to show you just how totally ridiculous that was by saying I want your 2cd round too.

Chief Roundup
05-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Jim Steiner, Trent's agent, was on 610 this afternoon. He said Miami had changed their offer, but had not heard from the Chiefs' front office after several attempts to contact them.

Chiefs | Green's agent says team won't return calls
Thu, 24 May 2007 23:07:27 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green said the Miami Dolphins have indicated "some flexibility" in their offer to the Chiefs, but that he can't get the team to respond. A Chiefs spokesman said the Dolphins remain inflexible in offering a supplemental sixth-round draft pick for Green. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, said, "Last Friday [May 18] I made a call to the Chiefs to let them know I thought there was some flexibility [on Miami's end], that we discussed what that might be and if they were interested that I would carry that back to the Dolphins and see if we could put something together. And I've yet to get an answer from the Chiefs." Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said, "Miami's made no offer. The last offer they made was a sixth-round pick. It has nothing to do with Jim Steiner. Miami hasn't changed anything. We haven't talked to Miami in weeks. Miami has to cut the deal. Miami has to call the Chiefs. If Miami's interested, they can call Denny [Thum, Chiefs executive vice president]."

Bob is right **** the agent as the middle man shit if Miami has something to say they need to say it to the Chiefs not Stiener.

Dolphins | Green still optimistic of joining team
Sat, 26 May 2007 08:00:45 -0700

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green says he is 90 percent certain of joining the Miami Dolphins at some point this offseason. "Ninety percent, because we talked with Miami today and the Chiefs today, so at least we know they're still talking," Green said during a radio interview. "Prior to the draft I would've said 100 percent." Green added that the Chiefs are still looking for a fourth-round draft pick in return from the Dolphins.

Oh yeah now they are STILL talking... whatever douchebag.

Dolphins | Culpepper expects to compete for starting job
Sat, 26 May 2007 08:23:00 -0700

Barry Jackson and Jeff Darlington, of the Miami Herald, report Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) says he plans to compete for the team's starting quarterback job, even if Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green lands with the team at some point. "For a guy, for anybody who thinks that whatever their situation is where they're at and they're coming here, and it's going to be peaches and cream, that's not the case," Culpepper said. "It's not bothering me one way or the other because I know I'll be healthy," Culpepper added. "As long as I'm healthy, I'll be fine. I feel I'm going to be a great player in this league…Nothing has changed in my mind until somebody tells me different. I'm the quarterback of this team." Culpepper continues to participate in some drills and expects to be more involved during the team's next minicamp.

Hmmm think Culpepper is trying to tell Trent something.

OnTheWarpath15
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Dolphins | Culpepper expects to compete for starting job
Sat, 26 May 2007 08:23:00 -0700

Barry Jackson and Jeff Darlington, of the Miami Herald, report Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) says he plans to compete for the team's starting quarterback job, even if Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green lands with the team at some point. "For a guy, for anybody who thinks that whatever their situation is where they're at and they're coming here, and it's going to be peaches and cream, that's not the case," Culpepper said. "It's not bothering me one way or the other because I know I'll be healthy," Culpepper added. "As long as I'm healthy, I'll be fine. I feel I'm going to be a great player in this league…Nothing has changed in my mind until somebody tells me different. I'm the quarterback of this team." Culpepper continues to participate in some drills and expects to be more involved during the team's next minicamp.

Hmmm think Culpepper is trying to tell Trent something.

Funny, I didn't see Culpepper whining about it being a weighted competition.....