PDA

View Full Version : Thought on the NBA Draft

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
The NBA is incredibly lop-sided right now, with the East only sporting one team (Pistons) that would have a shot at reaching the second round if it had to compete in the Western bracket of the playoffs this year.

Oden and Durant are going to Seattle and Portland.

The West just gets stronger and stronger, people, and we're on the verge of seeing a very long streak of Western Conf teams winning championships.

Stewie
05-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't see Durant being a force in the NBA. He reminds me of Richard Washington out of UCLA that the KC Kings drafted. He had a mediocre career, at best.

OnTheWarpath58
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
It's cyclical, and it's not exclusive to the NBA.

AFC has been the dominant conference in football for a while....

American League seems to always win the All Star game.....

Between 1988 and 1998, an Eastern Conference team won the NBA title 8 times.....

ChiefsCountry
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
East has won two of the last 3 championships. Also they have the two young superstars that the league wants to build around in Lebron and Dewayne Wade.

Spott
05-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Even though the East has 2 of the last 3 titles, the Western conference is much better top to bottom and is definitely more enjoyable to watch. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pistons win it this year and make it 3 out of 4.

KevB
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't see Durant being a force in the NBA. He reminds me of Richard Washington out of UCLA that the KC Kings drafted. He had a mediocre career, at best.

I'm curious how you could feel that way about someone who averaged 25 and 12 (or so) his freshman season, torching the best teams he played against. I've yet to hear a single expert, scout, coach, GM, former NBA player, etc. not drool over the kid.

shrek6849
05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm curious how you could feel that way about someone who averaged 25 and 12 (or so) his freshman season, torching the best teams he played against. I've yet to hear a single expert, scout, coach, GM, former NBA player, etc. not drool over the kid.

I don't think he watches must basketball.

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Durant's like 15, too. lol

He's going to be good for an extremely long time.

Coogs
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Durant's like 15, too. lol

He's going to be good for an extremely long time.

For our very own Kansas City Sonics!