PDA

View Full Version : Letterman vs. Leno

Archie F. Swin
04-18-2001, 03:07 PM
Letterman doesn't give a damn . . . I dig that in a human being

ExtremeChief
04-18-2001, 03:25 PM
I have to go with Letterman for being the master of smartassedness...How can you go wrong with "stupid human tricks" and "Top Ten"???

what about Alan Thicke or Chevy Chase...Arsenio???

Baby Lee
04-18-2001, 03:31 PM
I do like Letterman a great deal, but CBS is the only 'local' station barred from the satellite in my area. [adequate reception my @$$].

Now my late night viewing is The Daily Show [w/John Stewart]/Politically Incorrect/Conan. I'd have to list the Daily as the best of the bunch.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2001, 03:40 PM
They have have a radio station here in the bay area that has a morning show that calls up celebrities and fu**s with them. They usually get all pissed off and show what a bunch of aholes they really are. They called Letterman at 6AM and had some guy trying to get cluck like a turkey. Not only was he not pissed but he started cracking jokes, it was hysterical. One of them was " Do you know how I know when my turkey is done? The fire alarm goes off ". He is pulling this crap off at 6AM. Letterman gets my vote.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2001, 03:41 PM
JC,

Sounds like you need to get one of those special cards :)

ExtremeChief
04-18-2001, 03:41 PM
I used to watch the Daily show religiously when Craig Kilborn was hosting...it's not that I don't like John Stewart, I just preferred Kilborn. Comedy Central has quite a few good shows...I remember watching "Whose Line is it Anyway?" there before it went to ABC.

tv freak...

Raiderhader
04-18-2001, 04:25 PM
I a rarely watch the late shows, but if I do it is Letterman. He is hilarious. Although I rather enjoy Leno's headline segment. That is usually pretty good too.

morphius
04-18-2001, 07:00 PM
Can't say that I ever found letterman funny, tried to watch him, but most the audience seems to laugh at the fact that the joke wasn't funny and that letterman is laughing because nobody else thought it was funny.

I don't think that Leno is the greatest, but I can sit through an entire Lettermen monologue without cracking a smile.

Morphius
Maybe I'm just one of those make me laugh kind of guys.

NaptownChief
04-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Morph,

I can definitely understand your thoughts. He is not for everyone, that's for sure...

If it weren't for my local bias, I might feel the same way...Dave and I are both Ball State Alumni and his mom lives less than two miles from my house in the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis...

morphius
04-18-2001, 07:47 PM
Whohoo! I don't stand alone!

jl80 - I can understand that, hometown people who make it always seem to bring some emotion (even when they are not that good)

Morphius
Thinks Tom Green should be sacrificed for the greater good.

TeenagerFromMars
04-19-2001, 12:23 AM
I have to vote for Letterman. I love his irreverence. He doesn't care who he's interviewing... as long as it's funny. However, on the flip side, he seems to get annoyed if anyone else on the show gets more laughs than him... anyone else notice that?

Gotta give props to Conan O'brien, too. I used to LOVE when President Clinton would drop in. The "in the year 2000" bit would also get me rolling.

47mack
04-19-2001, 03:41 AM
He provides me with endless laughs....especially when he sends his producer out on assignments. Anyone see the show when the producer went to the Mets (might of been the Yankees) Spring Training? Funnier than $hit.

TFM
"In the Year 2000" was by far the greatest!

Archie F. Swin
04-19-2001, 06:38 AM
. . . I must admit however, he seems lonely without Andy.

ptlyon
04-19-2001, 06:54 AM
Leno is a fat slob. He`s not funny either, especially that stupid skit he does with the huge chin. Guess you know who I picked.

morphius
04-19-2001, 07:34 AM
ptlyon - That is a really stupid skit, no getting around that one.

Morphius
Of course I never found Seinfeld funny either, but Steven Wright on the other hand...