PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars prequel rumors

Count Alex's Losses
05-24-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21786454-5001026,00.html?from=public_js

STAR WARS fans will sense a disturbance in the force amid rampant rumours that a new movie set before the prequels is to be announced in LA tomorrow.

The news of the "huge" announcement by Star Wars creator George Lucas comes on the 30th anniversary of the first film.

Chris Brennan, a member of Star Walking Inc - the Australian Star Wars appreciation society, is in LA for the offcial convention Celebration IV at the Los Angeles Covention Centre.

He said the rumours sweeping the venue is that Lucas will announce a new Star Wars movie is in the works.

Reports have been circling among fans and on the internet of a new Star Wars movie or movies set before the recent prequels at the time of Old Republic when the Jedi regained control of the galaxy from the Dark Lords of the Sith.

"He did make a slip in an interview a couple of weeks ago and say something about a forthcoming movie,'' Brennan said.

"The reporter went back to him and said `did you say movie?'

"George said no he didn't say that and tried to cover it up.''

Lucas has already confirmed a Star Wars live action TV series will be filmed in Australia from next year and will be set between the recent Episode III and the original 1977 Star Wars film which is Episode IV.

el borracho
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
This would be more exciting if the last three movies weren't such garbage.

CoMoChief
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
So another words this is going to be about Luke Skywalker's childhood and how he came about the Republic.

So another words this movie will suck. Thank you.

Count Alex's Losses
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
So another words this is going to be about Luke Skywalker's childhood and how he came about the Republic.

Old Republic. No Skywalkers.

siberian khatru
05-24-2007, 08:46 PM
It will be good if Lucas stays as far away from it as possible.

keg in kc
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
KotOR the musical?

Silock
05-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Old Republic. No Skywalkers.

It's a sweet concept. Tons of Jedi roaming the galaxy, kicking ass. That would be awesome :)

duncan_idaho
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
It's a sweet concept. Tons of Jedi roaming the galaxy, kicking ass. That would be awesome :)

Don't forget lots of Sith roaming around... If they do this, I'm anticipating it will be set before Darth Bane established the Rule of 2 (or around that time).

That would be sweet.

(Side note: 1) Yes, I do know WAY too much about Star Wars and its expanded universe; 2) Yes, I have had sex before; 3) No, I did not pay for it.)

Mr. Plow
05-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I enjoy the Star Wars movies. I like the plot line going from beginning to end. But I know nothing about it other than what I've seen in the movies.

Who is Darth Bane? I'm assuming the Rule of 2 is the Master/Apprentice only?

Please enlighten this Star Wars wannabe.

NewChief
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Why is the thought that this will be a prequel rather than take up where EP VI left off? I always though the plan was to do EPs VII, IIX, IX?

Mr. Plow
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Why is the thought that this will be a prequel rather than take up where EP VI left off? I always though the plan was to do EPs VII, IIX, IX?

That's what I thought as well. I thought the plot line would be rebuilding the Jedi, etc.

Simply Red
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21786454-5001026,00.html?from=public_js

STAR WARS fans will sense a disturbance in the force amid rampant rumours that a new movie set before the prequels is to be announced in LA tomorrow.

The news of the "huge" announcement by Star Wars creator George Lucas comes on the 30th anniversary of the first film.

Chris Brennan, a member of Star Walking Inc - the Australian Star Wars appreciation society, is in LA for the offcial convention Celebration IV at the Los Angeles Covention Centre.

He said the rumours sweeping the venue is that Lucas will announce a new Star Wars movie is in the works.

Reports have been circling among fans and on the internet of a new Star Wars movie or movies set before the recent prequels at the time of Old Republic when the Jedi regained control of the galaxy from the Dark Lords of the Sith.

"He did make a slip in an interview a couple of weeks ago and say something about a forthcoming movie,'' Brennan said.

"The reporter went back to him and said `did you say movie?'

"George said no he didn't say that and tried to cover it up.''

Lucas has already confirmed a Star Wars live action TV series will be filmed in Australia from next year and will be set between the recent Episode III and the original 1977 Star Wars film which is Episode IV.
Hmm, :hmmm: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131317&page=3&pp=30#top

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
http://www.supershadow.com/

From what I've read it will be a continuation with Luke Skywalker for episodes 7-9

ChiefFan31
05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't forget lots of Sith roaming around... If they do this, I'm anticipating it will be set before Darth Bane established the Rule of 2 (or around that time).

That would be sweet.

(Side note: 1) Yes, I do know WAY too much about Star Wars and its expanded universe; 2) Yes, I have had sex before; 3) No, I did not pay for it.)

LMAO LMAO Rep.

I am down for that too. As long as Lucas does NOT direct any of the film(s)

Silock
05-24-2007, 09:26 PM

That would be insanely boring.

NewChief
05-24-2007, 09:31 PM
That would be insanely boring.

Not saying I disagree, but that's just always been the "story" behind the plan for SW. I remember when I first found out that SW, ESB, and RotJ were intended as a middle trilogy, sandwiched between two others. I honestly thought that was just rumor or wishful thinking until the prequels came out (now, of course, it's debatable how much we should have all wished for it). So, yeah, the story for as long as I can remember is that there would be 3 more taking up where RotJ left off. Luke joins the dark side. There are twins involved. Yada yada. I don't really know all that much; there are obviously others that know more.

I agree that going back even further in time has more appeal to me, because I'd just as soon not have a storyline where Luke turns to the dark side. That whole character movement got worn out after watching it with Anakin. Seeing it repeat with Luke would just be like watching the same plot cycle over again.

Frazod
05-24-2007, 09:31 PM
KotOR the musical?

That was my first thought - minus the musical part.

KOTOR was better than all the movies combined.

duncan_idaho
05-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I enjoy the Star Wars movies. I like the plot line going from beginning to end. But I know nothing about it other than what I've seen in the movies.

Who is Darth Bane? I'm assuming the Rule of 2 is the Master/Apprentice only?

Please enlighten this Star Wars wannabe.

Cliff Notes version:

Before the Star Wars worlds chronicled in the film, there were several galaxy-wide wars between the Jedi Order and Dark Jedi and (later) Sith (the 'Sith Order' were born when a group of Dark Jedi landed on an ACTUAL Sith species planet. Think Ancient Egyptians).

The last wide war between the Sith and Jedi was fought around 1000 years before Yavin... At this time, there were many "Sith Lords" (ie Darths). Bane was one of them. He slowly came to the conclusion that 'sharing' the power of the dark side amongst many Sith only weakened the Dark Side. At this point, the war was going badly for the Sith... and Bane tricked the Sith leader, Kaan, into employing a thought bomb (which kills all nearby force users). That wiped out the Sith order, except for Bane, who found a new apprentice and set forth the NEW Sith order...

"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it."

Cue 1000 years of the Sith hiding underground (the Jedi thought they were wiped out) and working behind the scenes, culminating in Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palpatine.

Oh, and Super Shadow is full of shit. Don't place any stock in his ramblings.

Hope that helps...

Count Alex's Losses
05-24-2007, 09:52 PM

From what I've read it will be a continuation with Luke Skywalker for episodes 7-9

SuperShadow is garbage.

Guru
05-24-2007, 11:04 PM
It will be good if Lucas stays as far away from it as possible.
He can write it but keep him out of the damn director's chair. God he sucks as a Director.

Bowser
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
He can write it but keep him out of the damn director's chair. God he sucks as a Director.

Watching Padme proclaim her love for Anakin in Ep. II right before they were to be taken to the arena to be eaten in front of all those bug people was the very embodiment of nails on a chalkboard.

Any chance to get Irvin Kershner to do the films?

Guru
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Watching Padme proclaim her love for Anakin in Ep. II right before they were to be taken to the arena to be eaten in front of all those bug people was the very embodiment of nails on a chalkboard.

Any chance to get Irvin Kershner to do the films?
Thanks for reminding me of that HORRIBLE scene.

Irvin Kershner would excellent. We all know that George won't relinquish the reigns for this though. He hated the direction of eps V and VI. It drove him nuts watching all the retakes trying to get it perfect. George is more of a "its good enough" director.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
good god, someone needs to put him down...he's the worst film maker living....

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks for reminding me of that HORRIBLE scene.

Irvin Kershner would excellent. We all know that George won't relinquish the reigns for this though. He hated the direction of eps V and VI. It drove him nuts watching all the retakes trying to get it perfect. George is more of a "its good enough" director.

That's not true. Irvin Kershner was one of Lucas's teachers at USC. He loved the work he did on Empire. Lucas has gone on record and said that he should have directed "Return" but he was way too sick to do it. Ultimately, he was very unhappy with that movie.

I thought "Return" Sucked. Even worse than AOTC. But I'm one of the few CP'ers that loved Phantom Menace. I thought it was awesome immediately and still think it's the best of the Prequels.

FWIW, a new trilogy isn't going to happen *now*. Maybe in five years, with Lucas writing the storylines (like the Indy movies) and other directors and screenwriters. But I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

DaneMcCloud
05-24-2007, 11:38 PM

That guy is the biggest moron of all time. He's never been right about any of his "predictions". Nick Athan is Nostradamus compared to "SuperShadow".

duncan_idaho
05-24-2007, 11:41 PM
That guy is the biggest moron of all time. He's never been right about any of his "predictions". Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is Nostradamus compared to "SuperShadow".

Rep.

Frazod
05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I thought "Return" Sucked. Even worse than AOTC. But I'm one of the few CP'ers that loved Phantom Menace. I thought it was awesome immediately and still think it's the best of the Prequels.

Return of the Jedi had the best scenes in the entire triology - those being the interractions between Luke, Vader and the Emperor. Unfortunately, those were interspersed amongst endless ewok dumbassery. When I watch that movie now on DVD, I can skip those stupid scenes. TEDDY BEARS CAN'T KILL STORMTROOPERS! :# :# :#

I have still never heard an audience cheer so loud as when Vader chucked the Emperor down the shaft.

Guru
05-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Return of the Jedi had the best scenes in the entire triology - those being the interractions between Luke, Vader and the Emperor. Unfortunately, those were interspersed amongst endless ewok dumbassery. When I watch that movie now on DVD, I can skip those stupid scenes. TEDDY BEARS CAN'T KILL STORMTROOPERS! :# :# :#

I have still never heard an audience cheer so loud as when Vader chucked the Emperor down the shaft.
Still doesn't top "Luke, I am your father."

Sam Hall
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Here's what we should be looking forward to

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/smlMQc0zKfw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/smlMQc0zKfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Frazod
05-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Still doesn't top "Luke, I am your father."
Negative.

The first time I saw Empire Strikes Back, I simply figured Vader was lying to him. It was only when they were having their force conversation afterwards that it really sank in that what Vader had said was true. Made the whole thing anti-climactic for me.

Count Alex's Losses
05-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I actually don't mind the Ewoks. It makes sense. Stormtroopers never could hit the broadside of a barn.

Sam Hall
05-25-2007, 12:40 AM
It's a classic

chagrin
05-25-2007, 06:32 AM

That would be sweet.

LMAO

chagrin
05-25-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks for posting this GC - I was hopeful they would do something like this.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-25-2007, 07:22 AM

"another words"... this ranks right up there with "must of" or "should of"...

"in other words..."

ChiefJustice
05-25-2007, 07:58 AM
You people crack me up!

It's so simple.Lucas needs validation for a mistake he made.

This time all bets are off.

http://www.cinemarts.com/itemimages/item_951_1.jpg

Howard the Duck II

Amnorix
05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Let's hope Lucas is uninvolved.

chagrin
05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
You people crack me up!

It's so simple.Lucas needs validation for a mistake he made.

Why, because we are actually interested in seeing more of the story? Speaking for myaself, I could care less about the alleged flops the first 3 were. I am interested in more areas of the world he created, the Sith for example. I don't need Darth Vader, Luke, Anakin, etc.