PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else sick of hearing about Green!!!

Logical
05-24-2007, 11:53 PM
I just want to not hear anymore about this for the rest of the off season.

Anyone else?

I know, I know so why start a thread on it. I like to complain what can I say. :shrug:

Guru
05-24-2007, 11:54 PM
blah blah blah

BWillie
05-25-2007, 12:01 AM
I really like Trent Green. He's been a class act his entire career...up to now. He's bitching, whining, saying OH I DESERVE TO KNOW WHERE I AM GOING. You are set to make 11 mill next year and you are 39 years old. This is a business, get used to it. Carl will trade or cut you when he is god damn good and ready, do you got that?

Baconeater
05-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm beginning to think Trent and his agent are hell bent on making this the distraction everyone is worried it could be.

Count Alex's Wins
05-25-2007, 12:03 AM
I won't write about it again until he's traded.

BigMeatballDave
05-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Who?

pr_capone
05-25-2007, 12:05 AM
I really like Trent Green. He's been a class act his entire career...up to now. He's bitching, whining, saying OH I DESERVE TO KNOW WHERE I AM GOING. You are set to make 11 mill next year and you are 39 years old. This is a business, get used to it. Carl will trade or cut you when he is god damn good and ready, do you got that?

Sweet! You time traveled 2 years into the future to make this post???

LOL

BWillie
05-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Sweet! You time traveled 2 years into the future to make this post???

LOL

37, 38, 39..whatever. Point is he's old. Sorry to of wronged you mighty football god.

If I were Green I'd tell my agent to STFU. I respect that fact that Green went to OTA's, and alot of players wouldn't do that. But for the Green party to whine about how the Chief's aren't returning his calls is just too much. They aren't returning your call because they don't have anything else to tell you. Do they owe you a daily check up call.

Chiefs: Hi Trent how are things?
Trent: I am old and grouchy. My arthritis is flaring up. When are you trading me?
Chiefs: For the 9,999 million time I don't know. We will let you know, when we know.
Trent: You better call me this evening for another update.

cdcox
05-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Here's the way I see it. The Chiefs and the Dolphins have locked horns. From now until training camp starts, all the pressue is on us. We have controversy; the Dplphins have time to wait. Once training camp arrives, we will have weathered the storm. Trent won't be on every media outlet because a) everyone has heard it Wah, wah, wha and b) there will be a billion other stories to cover. Then the pressure will switch to the Dolphins. They will have Cleo Lemon behind center and Culpepper still unable to play. I haven't heard them say they plan to go with the rookie this year. Every day Trent is not there will be a day they don't get their offense running.

Now is the time for patience, not griping about how we should make a deal just to make the problem go away. This is the worst of it. Sit tight and soon the ball will be in the Dolphins court.

Logical
05-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Here's the way I see it. The Chiefs and the Dolphins have locked horns. From now until training camp starts, all the pressue is on us. We have controversy; the Dplphins have time to wait. Once training camp arrives, we will have weathered the storm. Trent won't be on every media outlet because a) everyone has heard it Wah, wah, wha and b) there will be a billion other stories to cover. Then the pressure will switch to the Dolphins. They will have Cleo Lemon behind center and Culpepper still unable to play. I haven't heard them say they plan to go with the rookie this year. Every day Trent is not there will be a day they don't get their offense running.

Now is the time for patience, not griping about how we should make a deal just to make the problem go away. This is the worst of it. Sit tight and soon the ball will be in the Dolphins court.

What I find funny is Cleo Lemon will be a 4th year player not a rookie, the Dolphins are at no more risk using him than we will be using Croyle.

Count Alex's Wins
05-25-2007, 12:43 AM
What I find funny is Cleo Lemon will be a 4th year player not a rookie, the Dolphins are at no more risk using him than we will be using Croyle.

The difference is they aren't expecting Lemon to be their quarterback of the future.

Logical
05-25-2007, 01:03 AM
The difference is they aren't expecting Lemon to be their quarterback of the future.

Being logical we should not be expecting a 3rd rounder to be our QB of the future either. We are just desperate given our long miserable history of developing draft pick QBs.

Count Alex's Wins
05-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Being logical we should not be expecting a 3rd rounder to be our QB of the future either. We are just desperate given our long miserable history of developing draft pick QBs.

Well, we are. Cleo Lemon and Brodie Croyle are not in the same realm of talent.

Logical
05-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, we are. Cleo Lemon and Brodie Croyle are not in the same realm of talent.Facts please? Other than draft choice I don't see any proof one will make a better pro than the other.

keg in kc
05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Sick to f*cking death.

Ditto for JaredUI Allen.

chagrin
05-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Facts please? Other than draft choice I don't see any proof one will make a better pro than the other.

I don't think anyone can produce real facts right now, but in cases like this it's acceptable to have an opinion based upon their college career, scouting, etc.
The thought is that Croyle should be starting this or next year and he had a solid college career, except for the injury to his knee (which makes me nervous as hell, and he looks small IMO) Cleo Lemmon didn't have any hype at all and nobody is really enamoured with him. I live in Orlando, I know it's not Miami, but I don't here anything from the Dolphins about him. Someone from that market should have some info.

TinyEvel
05-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Well well now, let's not get this thing all twisted. Last time I checked, Trent Green was a Kansas City Chief. He's going to be able to compete for the position with the other two.

See, this is where you guys get this all twisted. You love talking. Well, my wife likes baking cookies. She is a very good baker. Now, you can sit around and talk about making cookies, or you can get out your flour, your sugar, your brown sugar, your butter and your baking powder and salt and you can start mixing. Did you color your eggs yet?
--don't divert the question. Did...you...color...your...eggs?
Well, when you come back here with a basket full of pastel colors and come of those little yellow peeps and a chocolate bunny. I've got nothing more to say. [/Herm]

chagrin
05-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Well well now, let's not get this thing all twisted. Last time I checked, Trent Green was a Kansas City Chief. He's going to be able to compete for the position with the other two.

See, this is where you guys get this all twisted. You love talking. Well, my wife likes baking cookies. She is a very good baker. Now, you can sit around and talk about making cookies, or you can get out your flour, your sugar, your brown sugar, your butter and your baking powder and salt and you can start mixing. Did you color your eggs yet?
Well, when you come back here with a basket full of pastel colors and come of those little yellow peeps and a chocolate bunny. I've got nothing more to say. [/Herm]

no wonder that Friday's commercial bombed :p

Chiefnj
05-25-2007, 08:22 AM

Ha,ha. You bake to win the game.

Coogs
05-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I respect that fact that Green went to OTA's, and alot of players wouldn't do that.

There was a piece somewhere in all of these Green topics that siad he had to go to OTA's to meet some of the incentivies in his contract.

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 09:09 AM

ROFL

Facts please? Other than draft choice I don't see any proof one will make a better pro than the other.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Seriously, Jim, you'd think you would have learned by now when it's appropriate to be stupid...

NY CHIEF
05-25-2007, 09:22 AM
wish i was unhappy at work for 7.2 mill :banghead:

Count Alex's Wins
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Can we apply this same logic to Brodie Croyle and all the quarterbacks more talented than him?

Mr. Laz
05-25-2007, 11:07 AM
well this thread helps

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
If the stupid Chiefs would just let Trent Green go. The price of gasoling would drop below $2.25

htismaqe
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Can we apply this same logic to Brodie Croyle and all the quarterbacks more talented than him?

Of course not.

Thig Lyfe
05-25-2007, 11:35 AM
You forgot to have a question mark among all those exclamation points in the thread header.

Chief Chief
05-25-2007, 11:53 AM
TrINT sees the future and knows he'll see limited playing time this year with the Chiefs.

IF HE'S WITH KC AT THE START OF THE SEASON: Yeah, he may very well win the battle of starting QB. But, he'll soon be performing similar to the way he was last year: under pressure, getting sacked, throwing the ball way off target or up for grabs or directly to a defender, etc. It won't be long into the season before he'll be replaced by Huard or Croyle. If #2's performance is sour, he'll be followed by #3, preventing TrINT's return under center. At the end of the season, TrINT will be released after a mediocre season for him at best and it will be very difficult for him to sign on with another team.

Yeah, TrINT definitely wants to get it on with the Fish under a multi-year deal so he's got security. That's why he's taking his sob story nationwide to try to pressure KC to trade him now.

Next up: Check for TrINT's appearance on the BBC.

wockenbauss
05-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Next up: Check for TrINT's appearance on the BBC.

Close... LOL

For those NOT sick of hearing Trent Green, and those wondering if/when he was going to be heard in radio station interviews in Miami.... he's scheduled for a 5:30pm Eastern interview on 790 The Ticket in Miami today.

790 just lost the Dolphins flagship station status to rival station WQAM... so they are less than complimentary to the franchise as of late. I doubt you'll hear Green being overly critical of his prospective new employer - but I'd guess he might receive some leading or tough questions you guys may be interested in hearing.

Here's the link for anyone interested.

http://www.790theticket.com/

Just click the listen live link on the left side of the page at the appropriate time.

Logical
05-26-2007, 02:05 AM
ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Seriously, Jim, you'd think you would have learned by now when it's appropriate to be stupid...

OK what convinces you we should believe a third round QB is going to be a success as our QBOTF, the one in a 100 shot that is Tom Brady? In the last 10 years how many 3rd round QBs went on to become the QBoTF for their drafting franchise?

I take it you have some facts as to why you know Brodie Croyle will be better than Cleo Lemon. Please enlighten me.

HonestChieffan
05-26-2007, 06:46 AM
I hate off season and offseason stupidity. Much worse this year cause we have the king of it for a coach.

RufusRJones
05-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Trent Green is no longer a class act. I'm sorry. Having your agent manipulate the media to further your cause is not a class act. It's a schrewd business move where you're trying to get leverage to make the Chiefs do something they don't want to because of outside pressure.

But the thing is Carl could give two craps about the media, so it's not only classless, it's stupid. The dude has been here for years, you'd think we would have figured out Carl's ego.

This is all despite the fact that Trent is done anyway. They guy is 100% afraid of taking another major hit. Add that to the fact that he is completely immobile, he's done. If he starts as the starter anywhere, he's not going to last more the five games anyway until he's riding the pine.

Here's the real story: Old, washed up quaterback convinced he is still relevant.

HonestChieffan
05-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Done dumping on Trent?

htismaqe
05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
OK what convinces you we should believe a third round QB is going to be a success as our QBOTF, the one in a 100 shot that is Tom Brady? In the last 10 years how many 3rd round QBs went on to become the QBoTF for their drafting franchise?

I take it you have some facts as to why you know Brodie Croyle will be better than Cleo Lemon. Please enlighten me.

I take it you have facts as to why Croyle will NOT be better than Cleo Lemon.

Futhermore, I take it you have facts as to why Croyle is not a legitimate QBotF, while somebody like Jamarcus Russell or Jay Cutler is.

Here's a question for you:

How many FIRST round QB's drafted - let's say, since 2000 - went on to be the QBotF of their franchise?

Fact is, Brodie played at Alabama, against probably the toughest competition in college football. His surrounding cast was substandard, to put it politely and he had to overcome adversity every step of the way. He started his entire career there and put up numbers reminiscent of some Bama all-time greats like Joe Namath. I could go on and on and on, but I highly doubt you'll get the point, so I might as well not waste my time.

Brodie Croyle is a bust because of what round he was picked in. ROFL

htismaqe
05-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Done dumping on Trent?

Is Trent done dumping on everybody involved with this situation except the actual person responsible?

Wile_E_Coyote
05-26-2007, 08:24 AM
If Green doesn't get traded, he gets to set on the bench in KC & get paid 7.2 million. That's just unfair. If he gets traded to Miami, Daunte Culpepper is out of a job. That's just business

Adept Havelock
05-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Not quite as sick of hearing about Green as I am sick about hearing how others are sick of hearing about Green.

:p

This purposefully painful sentence is brought to you by my hangover.