PDA

View Full Version : Green, Waters, Allen in The crying game

LOCOChief
05-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I've really enjoyed Trent being a Chief and most of my opinion was due to the character that he displayed but now Trent's old and can no longer hang, he knows it, Herm knows it, Carl knows it, Huard and Brodie know it and maybe Miami knows it that's why the competition isn't balanced and it's weighted and character becomes an issue for Trent and not so much a quality. So Trent cries!

Allen feels like he deserves more, we'll miss him for 4 games because he's a volatile bastard, 3 of those games are monsters! but everyone especially the Chiefs and CP owe Allen (in Allens little mind) and they aren't sure if now is the time to marry the guy. How can they? If they went long term with a volatile bastard like that in light of the league's crack down on volatile bastards we might end up paying a lot of something for nothing. But Allen cries anyway and talks about playing someplace else the next season. Is that what we get from this guy? 4 game suspension and on to someplace else. Cry b!tch cry!

Waters cries that this is a business and not a game. Brian your an idiot, I've been in business for a number of years and there is no crying in business either. And we don't pay to watch business,we pay to watch a game. And the money we pay with we've earned with hard work and not by playing a game. Shut up and play and quit acting like a puss!

Is there a stand up pro athlete left that loves the game and the opportunity more than themselves? I thought Trent was the guy, but sadly he's proved me wrong.

NewChief
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Is there a stand up pro athlete left that loves the game and the opportunity more than themselves? I thought Trent was the guy, but sadly he's proved me wrong.
I would say that 50% of Trent's motivations for his actions consist of love of the game and the opportunity to play the game. The other 50% is divided among family and the rift with Carl/Herm.

LOCOChief
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I would say that 50% of Trent's motivations for his actions consist of love of the game and the opportunity to play the game. The other 50% is divided among family and the rift with Carl/Herm.

What rift, because he lost a step? In my mind there should be no problem. Miami want's something for nothing, this is my team too and I'm not giving anything away. Is that you fishin on the fly?

NewChief
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
What rift, because he lost a step? In my mind there should be no problem. Miami want's something for nothing, this is my team too and I'm not giving anything away.

I suppose Carl and Herm's motivation was because Trent lost a step. I think it was also because Herm was ready to go in a different direction and push his youth movement. Regardless, they made it clear to Trent (and made it pretty public if one reads between the lines) that they wanted Trent to go elsewhere. Trent felt that they'd publically "broken up" with him and his opportunities in KC were over. As such, he wanted to go somewhere else where he'd have opportunity. On top of that, Herm's offensive philosophy isn't one that plays to Trent's strengths. Additionally, a big part of the endgame for Trent was to phase out, and tutor a young buck in the offensive system that he mastered and helped popularize. With that system no longer being in place in KC, there's no reason to have the old guy around to tutor the young guy. Yet, there are still places (Miami) where that offense exists and thrives. He can still finish his career the way he was supposed to. He just can't do it in KC.

Is that you fishin on the fly?

Yup. Hooked up with a redfish down around Ft. Morgan, AL.

Buehler445
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Is there a stand up pro athlete left that loves the game and the opportunity more than themselves? [/QUOTE]

I think there are some, but they are few and far between. I think in order to find one, you will probably have to look towards the bottom of the payroll. Like, perhaps, the Texans dude that had Ahman Green donate the money to buy his jersey#.

I think the dude with the most class in the NFL is Peyton Manning. He deals with a buttload of BS and, to my knowledge, has always been a class act.

LOCOChief
05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I see the change in offensive philosophy as being dictated by the cast of performers or lack there of, that includes Trent. I don't think that Herm had a lot to work with last year. I would however like to see Trent help groom and develope Brodie. and in the end I think we'll see that there is more than a Marty ball game plan in KC too. I'm definatly looking forward to seeing that QB that hails from from the same state you stuck that red in. He's one tough SOB!

Yup. Hooked up with a redfish down around Ft. Morgan, AL.

I'm hoping to stick a big poon this weekend, maybe I'll have a early summer trophy pic for you next week.

LOCOChief
05-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Is there a stand up pro athlete left that loves the game and the opportunity more than themselves?

I think there are some, but they are few and far between. I think in order to find one, you will probably have to look towards the bottom of the payroll. Like, perhaps, the Texans dude that had Ahman Green donate the money to buy his jersey#.

I think the dude with the most class in the NFL is Peyton Manning. He deals with a buttload of BS and, to my knowledge, has always been a class act.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I think Peyton's the exception. We might have a Peyton on the roster now and not know it. I'm keeping my fingures crossed on BC.

SNR
05-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I think the dude with the most class in the NFL is Peyton Manning. He deals with a buttload of BS and, to my knowledge, has always been a class act. ROFL

Yeah, Manning. The perfect teammate. Class act of the NFL. What a load of garbage.

If you're looking for class acts, look no further than Will Shields. Can anyone name any one thing he's done off OR on the field that wasn't class? I certainly can't. There was a guy who loved the game and made every community he was a part of better.

Course, I guess now that he's retired, it's Manning :rolleyes:

NewChief
05-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm hoping to stick a big poon this weekend, maybe I'll have a early summer trophy pic for you next week.

Nice. Tarpon is definitely on my "Top 5 fish I want to catch" list. My buddy that owns our local fly shop went down and hooked his first few recently. The guy's fished for just about everything under the sun, and he is absolutely nutty for tarpon now.

Buehler445
05-25-2007, 11:03 AM
ROFL

If you're looking for class acts, look no further than Will Shields. Can anyone name any one thing he's done off OR on the field that wasn't class? I certainly can't. There was a guy who loved the game and made every community he was a part of better.

No argument from this fat man. But again he wasn't at the top of the payroll and didn't spend much time in the spotlight. Manning was an example of one (maybe) who is. Poor communication on my part. Apologies

JohnnyV13
05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Lets see what happens when the Colts decide they want to get younger at QB.

Redrum_69
05-25-2007, 12:27 PM
In 2003 Trent Green gave Wizards soccer tickets to military families from Whiteman Air Force Base.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
How would you like to be in Green Bay & go through the Favre circus every offseason?

Redrum_69
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
How would you like to be in Green Bay & go through the Favre circus every offseason?

They won a Super Bowl at least

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2007, 12:45 PM
They won a Super Bowl at least

He has a presser everytime he changes rolls of TP. As if Madden wouldn't already know all about Brett's butt

Redrum_69
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
He has a

presser everytime he changes rolls of TP. As if Madden wouldn't already know all about Brett's butt

Hes been through more than most qb's have in our time.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Hes been through more than most qb's have in our time.

Still, he has become a whiney little bitch