PDA

View Full Version : VH1 Rock Honors '07,WTF

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Has anyone caught this show yet?

I'm at a friends last night and were watching(decent concert btw honoring ZZ Top,Heart,Genesis and Ozzy Ozbourne) when Mindfreak Cris Angel comes out with a white mouse in a cage and starts talking about how Ozzy is a rock god etc.

Okay I'm sure you know where this is headed(no pun intended).

No I couldn't find the video of Angel biting the head off the mouse and then chewing and then spitting it into the crowd(illusion or not you may not want to see it but I'm sure it will be availble soon) but I did find a performance by Genesis-No Son Of Mine and Queens Of The Stone Age-cover of Paranoid.

Anyhow the show is on at noon again today and at 9p.m. tonight and definitely worth a watch for rock-n-roll fans.

Genesis
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeDmfEr5Jo8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeDmfEr5Jo8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Queens Of The Stone Age
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ5EPcjUKL4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ5EPcjUKL4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I noticed that KOMP radio in vegas was there,I wonder if our very own Carlotta was at the event.

Last video

OZZY
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lgz4E1Gvmf0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lgz4E1Gvmf0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

alpha_omega
05-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Nzoner...I want to check this out for sure.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Nzoner...I want to check this out for sure.

Enjoy it man,especially the female dancers ZZ Top has during their set :)

tk13
05-25-2007, 12:26 PM
They have all the performances up on V-Spot on VH1's website. Genesis fit in like a sore thumb, there was just no energy cause half the crowd was there to see Ozzy. Plus they apparently had sound problems. Then VH1 went and cut the solo out of No Son of Mine, and didn't even air Los Endos, the best thing they did.

I thought Heart and especially Gretchen Wilson blew the roof off the place though. She should sing more rock stuff instead of country.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
They have all the performances up on V-Spot on VH1's website. Genesis fit in like a sore thumb, there was just no energy cause half the crowd was there to see Ozzy. Plus they apparently had sound problems. Then VH1 went and cut the solo out of No Son of Mine, and didn't even air Los Endos, the best thing they did.

I thought Heart and especially Gretchen Wilson blew the roof off the place though. She should sing more rock stuff instead of country.

Yeah,I commented to my friend last night about how varied the crowd was,a little bit of everyone all cowded together.

As for Ozzy I have to wonder how this makes the rest of Sabbath feel,as for me personally I'm much more of a fan of the original Sabbath than I am of Ozzy's solo work but that's just me.

DMAC
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Genesis fit in like a sore thumb, Peter Gabriels Genesis was much, much better.

cadmonkey
05-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Enjoy it man,especially the female dancers ZZ Top has during their set :)

I saw those, nice to see cage dancers again!

Carlota69
05-25-2007, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=Nzoner]I noticed that KOMP radio in vegas was there,I wonder if our very own Carlotta was at the event.

Actually I wasnt...But, I did get to hang with Ozzy, and interview him, for about 2 hours the day before the show. I, in all my years of doing radio and meeting rock stars, have never met anyone cooler than Ozzy. Never.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Actually I wasnt...But, I did get to hang with Ozzy, and interview him, for about 2 hours the day before the show. I, in all my years of doing radio and meeting rock stars, have never met anyone cooler than Ozzy. Never.

That's because you didn't meet me on my last trip there :p

Seriously I'm a big Ozz fan especially his Black Sabbath days.

Carlota69
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
That's because you didn't meet me on my last trip there :p

Seriously I'm a big Ozz fan especially his Black Sabbath days.

Me too. Ozzy (Blizzard of Ozz) was my first concert, so it was surreal having him sitting right in front of me. He said he was up for a new Black Sabbath Cd--that would be cool.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Me too. Ozzy (Blizzard of Ozz) was my first concert, so it was surreal having him sitting right in front of me. He said he was up for a new Black Sabbath Cd--that would be cool.

I'm happy for ya good story and that new cd would be awesome,btw my 2nd concert ever was the original Black Sabbath in 1978 and what made it even more cool was the opening act was a little band that was just on the verge of exploding,they called themselves Van Halen.

trndobrd
05-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Gretchen Wilson and Alice in Chains was an impressive combination. I wonder how she would sound singing "Would?".

Stewie
05-25-2007, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Nzoner]I noticed that KOMP radio in vegas was there,I wonder if our very own Carlotta was at the event.

Was he actually coherent? I could barely understand the guy on his TV show.

siberian khatru
05-25-2007, 03:49 PM

No Son of Mine? Meh. Why'd they play that? Who cares?

I'd love to have seen Los Endos.

Carlota69
05-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Was he actually coherent? I could barely understand the guy on his TV show.

I had no problems understanding him, but I studied the way he talked for 3 days--listening to other interviews, clips of the show etc, before the interview.

Also, during the interview he dropped the F bomb couple of times. Well I had a guy in the studio working the delay for that reason. That guy, Doug, went to the taping of the Rock Honors and screamed for Ozzy to cuss (the joke being he was so worried about Ozzy cussing the day before). Ozzy screamed "ahhh **** You!" and it made the promo clips. I thought that was cool.

Phobia
05-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Queens Of The Stone Age
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ5EPcjUKL4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJ5EPcjUKL4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
When does Jack Bauer have time to strum a guitar with all the Chuck Norris tasks he's faced with each and every hour?

Third Eye
05-25-2007, 07:19 PM
good show, watched it on Music HD. Heart sounded fantastic. Disappointed Ozzy did the new single.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Heart sounded fantastic.

Yes they did,they have a concert on DTV tomorrow I'm looking forward to putting on a DVD.

Dunit35
05-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I watched last night. I was gonna ask you (nonzer) if you watchd it. ZZ Top sounded good. I didn't watch Gretchen because I will not watch anything she is doing. I did see Angel rip that rats head off, was pretty sweet. Criss Angel kicks so much ass.

Nzoner
05-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I watched last night. I was gonna ask you (nonzer) if you watchd it. ZZ Top sounded good. I didn't watch Gretchen because I will not watch anything she is doing. I did see Angel rip that rats head off, was pretty sweet. Criss Angel kicks so much ass.

I thought the whole show was thumbs up including Gretchen,in fact she ought to think about going rock-n-roll she's got some decent pipes on her but no one will ever outdo Ann Wilson.

As for ZZ,what can you say even after 35+ years the boys still know how to boogie woogie.