PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you guys can allay my fears.

Direckshun
05-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I've read Gretz's most recent article about how the Chiefs are getting younger.
There will be new offensive starters at left tackle, right guard, right tackle, fullback, quarterback and most likely wide receiver. On defense, there will be a new temporary starter at defensive end for Jared Allenís suspension, along with two new starters at linebacker, a new starter at safety and potential new starters at defensive tackle and the other safety spot.
I've read it in a couple other places, and I think the insinuation here is that while Pollard will own that SS position, Page may not beat out Wesley for FS.

I've also scanned website after website suggesting that Herm will likely go with Huard until the playoffs are out of reach, and then he'll plug in Croyle.

How likely are either of these mistakes, do you think?

Buehler445
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought for sure that Green was getting pulled at half of the Indy game, but Herm stuck with Green. I also thought for sure that we would pick a CB in the first round of this draft, but here we are with Bowe. One thing about Herm is that he is tough to read, and I haven't been able to find any information either way.

Direckshun
05-25-2007, 01:15 PM
True. At the same time, though, he follows a clear philosophy.

I'm still getting a feel for him. Next offseason, though, when he comes out with some pre-Draft talk like "we don't need to draft a WR," I'll know exactly what he's going to do, lol.

Buehler445
05-25-2007, 01:37 PM
He probably won't say that though. He's pretty ambiguous. He'll probably say something like "We're going to draft a football player." Or "We're going to stick to our board."

In this case, he would probably say "We've got some good football players in that position, and we're trying to....."

He is very ambiguous. That is not a knock on his coaching ability, but he just doesn't spill the beans to the media much. I think I would like it that way, so not everybody on the planet knows what he is going to do.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

DMAC
05-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Page was beating out Wesley last year.

KC-TBB
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I smell SUPER BOWL...

luv
05-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Let's just go ahead and start Casey.

Hog Farmer
05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I've read Gretz's most recent article about how the Chiefs are getting younger.

I've read it in a couple other places, and I think the insinuation here is that while Pollard will own that SS position, Page may not beat out Wesley for FS.

I've also scanned website after website suggesting that Herm will likely go with Huard until the playoffs are out of reach, and then he'll plug in Croyle.

How likely are either of these mistakes, do you think?

Don't worry. You should just understand that ,even as knowledgeable as you are, that Herm knows whats best for the Chiefs.

siberian khatru
05-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Don't worry. You should just understand that ,even as knowledgeable as you are, that Herm knows whats best for the Chiefs.

It's Okaaaaaayyyy!

trndobrd
05-25-2007, 04:30 PM
get to work.