PDA

View Full Version : What are your Memorial Day weekend plans?

luv
05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Repost or not, I'm asking.

As for me, I am going to go home tonight and enjoy a nice glass (or two) of a chilled white merlot.

Tomorrow, I am shopping. The dress code where I'm working next week is business casual, and all of my nicer clothes are too big now. :)

Sunday, going to the cemetary with mom, and then going for lunch.

Monday, BBQ at dad's and enjoying the pool if it's not raining. I have to attempt to get to bed at a decent hour in order to get up and get to the airport at 4AM for a 6AM flight Tuesday morning.

And you?

Phobia
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Tonight, watching "The Holiday" with the wife (I've fallen asleep twice)....

Tomorrow - working on my truck and working on a basement until it's done.

Sunday AM = church.

Sunday afternoon, staying dry, maybe working on the house some.

Monday, working on the house. I've got to get some stuff done inside so I can paint the exterior.

Delano
05-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I work saturday and sunday. Monday I hope to travel to Sioux Falls and meet some friends and take in a semi-pro baseball game. My wife and the breeders we got our boxer puppy from are going to try and take the dogs in on a grassy, general admission area at the stadium.

siberian khatru
05-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Saturday: "Shrek 3" with the family at a huge new theater that just opened.

Sunday: Grill ribs and make Phobia's Thai-peanut slaw dressing.

Monday: Rent a boat and spend the day at Shell Island on the Gulf of Mexico.

Joie
05-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Tonight and tommorrow Aces has to work. I'll be working Sun and Mon. Just like every other week.

Pestilence
05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I work saturday and sunday. Monday I hope to travel to Sioux Falls and meet some friends and take in a semi-pro baseball game. My wife and the breeders we got our boxer puppy from are going to try and take the dogs in on a grassy, general admission area at the stadium.

Sioux Falls huh? I lived in Pierre for 10 years of my life. Not that that is something to be proud of....

Phobia
05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Sunday: Grill ribs and make Phobia's Thai-peanut slaw dressing.

Yum. Have you tried that before? I haven't had it since last fall. I'm craving it now.

Baconeater
05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Tommorow, working for a few hours, then going to a pool party. Sunday, going to Joe's for the Boogity Boogity Boogity Bash. Monday coming home and relaxing.

Fruit Ninja
05-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Moms Bday, 55 i think. lol or 54? something. Anyways, spend the day with her. Dinner ya know the drills.

siberian khatru
05-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Yum. Have you tried that before? I haven't had it since last fall. I'm craving it now.

No, looking forward to it. I've remembered it and just been waiting for the season's first ribs. I searched the Planet for it today, found it and printed it out.

Thanks! :thumb:

Dunit35
05-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Working 2-11 tomorrow and working 10-7 sunday.

I do have Monday off though, probably going to do some swimming in the indoor pool at our apartment complex. They just filled up the outdoor pool here so it's gonna be pretty chilly.

Joie
05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Working 2-11 tomorrow and working 10-7 sunday.

I do have Monday off though, probably going to do some swimming in the indoor pool at our apartment complex. They just filled up the outdoor pool here so it's gonna be pretty chilly.
Our outdoor pool's been open since the day before Mother's Day. Still too cold for me, though.

Phobia
05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
No, looking forward to it. I've remembered it and just been waiting for the season's first ribs. I searched the Planet for it today, found it and printed it out.

Thanks! :thumb:

Cool. I don't know how many instructions I left with it, but don't make it too soon. It has a tendency to get soggy if it sits too long.

You might also try a bit of cumin and ginger in your rib rub to tie a bow on the ensemble.

RJ
05-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Working Saturday.

Grilling for 30 Sunday, a labor of love I suppose.

Working Monday but just 10-3, still have some quality time with the fambly. Maybe I'll go ahead and do that yard work I've been promising.

TinyEvel
05-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Saturday is going to be my most emasculating day EVAH! I will be taking my two daughters with me to a couples' wedding shower for my buddy "Chief" (solo, since my wife's high school friend is in town for the weekend)
And that night I'll be hanging with the daughters (movie night) as my wife goes to a party at the Playboy mansion.
Sunday: Going over to Skeet's for a BBQ and then Monday? Hit the beach with everyone else in town.

big nasty kcnut
05-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I'll be working Tomorrow Sun and Mon. but i get my satillite tv tomorrow. Thank skip

Miles
05-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Working much of it. Deadlines suck.

MYKCCHIEFS
05-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I just got done packing the truck. I'm heading to the river to dredge for gold this weekend. Do a little sitting around a bonfire Saturday night drinking a cold one, or twenty. Then gonna head back Sunday evening with a sack full of gold to watch the Coca Cola 600. All the while enjoying a FREE America thanks to the fine soldiers we have. I hope everybody has a safe Memorial day weekend.

greg63
05-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Spending time with the family. :D

Phobia
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
as my wife goes to a party at the Playboy mansion.

This thread is worthless without pics.

stevieray
05-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Saturday is going to be my most emasculating day EVAH! I will be taking my two daughters with me to a couples' wedding shower for my buddy "Chief" (solo, since my wife's high school friend is in town for the weekend)
And that night I'll be hanging with the daughters (movie night) as my wife goes to a party at the Playboy mansion.
Sunday: Going over to Skeet's for a BBQ and then Monday? Hit the beach with everyone else in town.

Ulrich?

TinyEvel
05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Ulrich?

Yep.

Our kids went to preschool together. Cool dude. Bummer about the show. I sent some nuts to CBS.

stevieray
05-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Yep.

Our kids went to preschool together. Cool dude. Bummer about the show. I sent some nuts to CBS.

cool...great actor... :)

Claynus
05-26-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm going to a musical.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm going to a musical.
Say hello to your parents for me.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Interesting. I'm going to shoot Skeet. Please don't warn him.

Claynus
05-26-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm not going with my parents. 4321

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm not going with my parents. 4321
Well, tell your grandparents that you love them. They won't be around forever, you know.

TinyEvel
05-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Interesting. I'm going to shoot Skeet. Please don't warn him.

WTF??!! You are a drunk punk.

Okay, wait. I just got it. You are a drunk PUNk.

Post that picture of you in the rasta getup.

teh ghey.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:11 AM
WTF??!! You are a drunk punk.

Not a drop. I'm just coming up with original jokes I'm sure Skeet has never heard in his entire life.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:12 AM
But I think drinking is a very good idea. I'm gonna crack a beer right now.

TinyEvel
05-26-2007, 12:14 AM
But I think drinking is a very good idea. I'm gonna crack a beer right now.

:toast: tho, I'm out of beer, making my way through the wine now. Might break out the Call of Duty.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:17 AM
:toast: tho, I'm out of beer, making my way through the wine now. Might break out the Call of Duty.

I'm 2 away from being out. I thought I had more. That's what I get for feeding my neighbors my good beer when they'd be perfectly happy with swill. Actually, one of my neighbors has converted from Miller Lite to Blvd Wheat since I moved here. He always has wheat in his fridge. Heh. The other neighbor mooches beers all the time, but throws me a $10 or $20 every couple of weeks to keep the fridge full. Good neighbors.

TinyEvel
05-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm 2 away from being out. I thought I had more. That's what I get for feeding my neighbors my good beer when they'd be perfectly happy with swill. Actually, one of my neighbors has converted from Miller Lite to Blvd Wheat since I moved here. He always has wheat in his fridge. Heh. The other neighbor mooches beers all the time, but throws me a $10 or $20 every couple of weeks to keep the fridge full. Good neighbors.

My buddy is like King of The Hill. He and his three negihbors all drink beer all the time. THey all went in on a keggerator with a tap. THey have it on a base with casters. I was standing in his kitchen when he was telling me about it. He said "Yeah, we all pitch in for the keg when it runs out, and whoever is having company, or a party, they talke it over to their house for the day. It's holding place is in my rec room..."

As he's saying this, I see his neighbors walking down his side yard, and then walking back out with huge tupperware containers full of beer. They had like Iced tea pitchers, big tupperware tubs, and practically a friggin fishbowl!
THey're like "Hey Mike...thanks!"
ROFL

RJ
05-26-2007, 12:30 AM
My buddy is like King of The Hill. He and his three negihbors all drink beer all the time. THey all went in on a keggerator with a tap. THey have it on a base with casters. I was standing in his kitchen when he was telling me about it. He said "Yeah, we all pitch in for the keg when it runs out, and whoever is having company, or a party, they talke it over to their house for the day. It's holding place is in my rec room..."

As he's saying this, I see his neighbors walking down his side yard, and then walking back out with huge tupperware containers full of beer. They had like Iced tea pitchers, big tupperware tubs, and practically a friggin fishbowl!
ROFL

And they say people don't know their neighbors these days.

That's a heartwarming story. Norman Rockwell-like.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 12:30 AM

ROFL

That's awesome. I'm the guy in the middle and I have a giant driveway, deck, and shop so we congregate at my place most of the time. I think a kegorator would add 30 lbs to my waistline. We usually hang out a couple times a week. Usually on Wednesday night and Saturday after yard work.

When it's time for everybody to mow the grass, the first guy done takes his mower and cuts circles in the neighbor's lawn so he has to mow it or look ridiculous. Heh. I don't know which obnoxious bastard started that trend.

Demonpenz
05-26-2007, 12:45 AM
i will be high on wild turkey. A bad trend I know. That is the way it is.

TinyEvel
05-26-2007, 12:45 AM
When it's time for everybody to mow the grass, the first guy done takes his mower and cuts circles in the neighbor's lawn so he has to mow it or look ridiculous. Heh. I don't know which obnoxious bastard started that trend.

That's cool! We couldn't do that in our neighborhood, because everyone uses pretty much the same band of gardeners. They'd mow a circle, then mow that lawn.

When we bought our old house, I mowed the lawn and did all the yard work. Loved it. and people would drive by and slow down and gawk at me in amazement.

I'm not sure whether they were thinking "Damn, that guy does his own lawn work!" or "Damn, that guy has a white gardener!"

Frazod
05-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Not much. We're leaving for our Reno/Yosemite vacation a week from today, so this weekend we're taking it easy and trying not to spend a bunch of money. The wife's going to a Braves/Brewers game in Milwaukee with her dad on Monday, and I was able to weasel out of that one, so I'll be cooking out with some friends and watching 28 Weeks Later.

That's about it.

TinyEvel
05-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Not much. We're leaving for our Reno/Yosemite vacation a week from today, so this weekend we're taking it easy and trying not to spend a bunch of money. The wife's going to a Braves/Brewers game in Milwaukee with her dad on Monday, and I was able to weasel out of that one, so I'll be cooking out with some friends and watching 28 Weeks Later.

That's about it.

SUHWEET BRAH! I'm going to yosemite for the first time ever in August. Looking forward to it. I grew up going to the Sequoias every year. Same campground, same campsite. My dad has OCD. but still I looked forward to it every time.

Demonpenz
05-26-2007, 01:03 AM
do you feel like man when you push her around

SPchief
05-26-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm in the middle of working 7 straight days.

Marlboro_Chief
05-26-2007, 02:44 AM
I recently went to a Kid Rock concert and met a 19 year old college student who attends the University of Tulsa. Her parents are out of town this weekend so she invited me to her pad in White Plains. My drinking buddy and I are going to toss this skank around all weekend long and drink all of her poppa's scotch.

Lzen
05-26-2007, 07:58 AM
It's about 9:30 or so here. We are at the Days in just past Valdosta , GA (near the Florida border). We just about drove the entire way last night but decided it was best to get some sleep before finishing. We have about 3-4 hours to go today. We're about to leave within the next hour for the last leg of the drive. We will be on the beach tomorrow (Cocoa Beach) and then on a fishing charter on Monday. Tuesday we should be back at our friends' house in Lakeland, Florida. See you guys next week.

Oh yeah, the forest down in this area is on fire. Freakin' smoky air is enough to make you gag. I can't wait to get to Lakeland.

Delano
05-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Sioux Falls huh? I lived in Pierre for 10 years of my life. Not that that is something to be proud of....

The hub of South Dakota politics, LOL. The only thing about Pierre that I enjoy is Farm Island state park.

Nzoner
05-26-2007, 09:04 AM
It's about 9:30 or so here. We are at the Days in just past Valdosta , GA (near the Florida border). We just about drove the entire way last night but decided it was best to get some sleep before finishing. We have about 3-4 hours to go today. We're about to leave within the next hour for the last leg of the drive. We will be on the beach tomorrow (Cocoa Beach) and then on a fishing charter on Monday. Tuesday we should be back at our friends' house in Lakeland, Florida. See you guys next week.

Oh yeah, the forest down in this area is on fire. Freakin' smoky air is enough to make you gag. I can't wait to get to Lakeland.

Nice,have a great time,I'll be thinking about you as I'm grilling for lord knows how many NASCAR fans,as I recall the mrs said Daniel was driving down for this one too.

luv
05-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Oy! That glass or two of wine turned into an entire bottle. Needless to say, I got off to a slow start today. A load of dishes, another load of laundry, and a nice, long, hot shower, and I'm out the door.

Stewie
05-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Oy! That glass or two of wine turned into an entire bottle.

What wine were you drinking? I'm too lazy to read all the posts.

Anyway, I bought a beautiful brisket today that will go on the smoker tomorrow. First of the new BBQing year. Woohoo!

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm going to Fuddruckers in a few minutes and then I'm going to play video games for the next 48 hours.

So pretty much I'm doing what I do every day.

OnTheWarpath58
05-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Smoking some Turkey right now.....

Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary tomorrow to visit my grandfather's grave.

Planning on doing ribs and pork tenderloin on Monday with friends....

Hope everyone has a safe weekend, and thanks to those of you who have made the ultimate sacrifice, directly or indirectly.

Thank you for your service.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Planning on doing ribs and pork tenderloin on Monday with friends....

Let your friends cut them. ;)

Jut kidding. You cut our ribs fabulously.

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Smoking some Turkey right now.....Must be thin sliced, so you can get it rolled up in the papers.

[/rim shot]

luv
05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
What wine were you drinking? I'm too lazy to read all the posts.

Anyway, I bought a beautiful brisket today that will go on the smoker tomorrow. First of the new BBQing year. Woohoo!
Cheap bottle of Beringer's White Merlot.

convict1983
05-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Getting plastered and getting laid. Awww its good to be 24:)

OnTheWarpath58
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Let your friends cut them. ;)

Jut kidding. You cut our ribs fabulously.

Trust me, I will. The couple coming over are transplants from KC, so I'll have him do it.

And quit BS'ing me......I butchered those things.

Hopefully you've learned your lesson and won't ask me to filet any fish for the fish fry......

:)

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Unpacking, and hanging out with my son.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-26-2007, 03:20 PM
My plans are to be pissed off because it's cloudy and rain is coming soon.

PinkFloyd
05-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Saturday ---- Bowling in a Round of 64

Sat. Night --- Hopefully bowling in the round of 32

Sunday Morning - Hopefully bowling in the round of 16

Sunday Afternoon - Hopefully bowling in the Qualifying Round of 8

Sunday Evening --- Hopefully $2,500.00 dollars in my pocket !!

Midway Chief
05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm headed to Cabo San Lucas for an expenses paid vacation courtesy of my wife's company. So that doesn't suck....

Claynus
05-26-2007, 04:22 PM
That was hilarious.

Easy 6
05-26-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna write "The Great American Novel", go shark fishing, climb a mountain, search for sunken treasure, fight alongside the Northern Alliance, build hospitals in the 3rd world, capture a Nile croc, make perfect love to a woman, scold a child, pass to a child ancient & forgotten wisdom, explore the Great Pyramids...

...build a home from straw bales & garbage, master the elements, chart the galaxy, direct a movie, tag lions in the Okavongo, sing for Nirvana, save the whales, hike Scotland, be a reindeer herder in a Lap village, crab fish the deadly Bering Sea, spy on a foreign government, sell schwag for the mob, learn the solo from "Sweet Child O' Mine", visit Wounded Knee...

...& if all that fails, i might just throw some shit on the grill, get a few beers & see if theres a decent movie on tv... :shrug:

Frazod
05-26-2007, 05:35 PM
My plans are to be pissed off because it's cloudy and rain is coming soon.

Yeah, it's been gloomy, rainy and generally shitty all day here up.

Easy 6
05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, it's been gloomy, rainy and generally shitty all day here up.

Same deal down here, its not party weather for sure.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Shitty in my area, also...