PDA

View Full Version : Green to wear Dolphins helmet at Chiefs minicamp?

blackhawk
05-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Green to wear Dolphins helmet at Chiefs minicamp?
Here's bonus coverage from Harvey Fialkov

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green said on 790-The Ticket Friday that he's thinking about borrowing a Dolphins helmet (possibly former Dolphins LT Damion McIntosh or CB Patrick Surtain) and run on the field with it on at next week's Chiefs minicamp and Fan Appreciation Day.

"Maybe run out on the field with my whole Chiefs stuff on and borrow a Dolphins helmet from one of the former players that are here. I think that would be stepping it up a little bit,'' joked Green. "But maybe that'd be pushing it a little bit too far.''

He also said he had no interest in going to Cleveland because of his close relationships with Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, quarterbacks coach Terry Shea and even running backs coach Bobby Jackson, and that the Dolphins are the perfect fit.

He said he doesn't have much interest in Atlanta unless they're willing to pick up his lucrative contract for the final three years. Green said he didn't initiate trade talks, but that it was Chiefs GM Carl Peterson, who basically said take a pay cut or a hike.

Green said he has passed all brain scans and neurological exams with "flying colors" and that while last year's concussion was scary there have been no lingering effects.

He's been giving me a headache lately.

Later.

Happy holidays.

OldTownChief
05-26-2007, 06:02 PM
I used to like the guy.

HolmeZz
05-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I'd be shocked if Trent was that classless.

If he wants to do it, keep him on the roster and sit his ass on the bench all year.

blackhawk
05-26-2007, 06:04 PM
what a jacka$$

OldTownChief
05-26-2007, 06:06 PM

If he wants to do it, keep him on the roster and sit his ass on the bench all year.
I Totally Agree.

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 06:07 PM
He was just joking. Geez.

Bad joke, but not really anything we haven't heard before.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 06:19 PM
blackhawk would do well to start posting links to the "rumors" he posts.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Why would Pat Surtain and McIntosh still have their helmets?

blackhawk
05-26-2007, 06:26 PM

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2007/05/more_green.html

chagrin
05-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks man, I just wanted to see the story, that's all

Rain Man
05-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Chip and dip bowls.

LiL stumppy
05-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Some of you not know what sarcasim is?

OldTownChief
05-26-2007, 07:12 PM
ROFL

"Does the coaching staff really want this crybaby, constantly whining Green on the team. After a comment like that about wearing a different teams helmet to your teams practice, I wouldn't want this scum anywhere near the Phins. JUST SAY NO TO TRENT!"

It'll be funny to hear him BOOOOOOOOOED in both stadiums.

OldTownChief
05-26-2007, 07:13 PM

I realize it's sarcasm, just tired of the ****ing drama queen.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 07:14 PM
No. I've heard of sarcasm, but I'm not familiar with sarcasim.

Dicky McElephant
05-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Let him wear the Dolphins helmet.....

Then he can be the QB that our defense takes their shots at.

SNR
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
The reporter missed the part about when a young kid walked up to Trent and asked him to sign his Chiefs helmet, and Green said, "I don't play for ****ing Kansas City no more."

UteChief
05-26-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm sick of this crap. Just get rid of his ass already. It's become an annoyance and a distraction.

JBucc
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I think that would be pretty funny, honestly.

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 08:15 PM
For practice it would be funny.

For fan appreciation day, it would be self-aggrandizing.

It's not all about you, Trent.

OldTownChief
05-26-2007, 08:17 PM
For practice it would be funny.

For fan appreciation day, it would be self-aggrandizing.

It's not all about you, Trent.

Exactly! Like I said "Drama Queen".

Wile_E_Coyote
05-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Geathers did more than just knock the poop out of him. His senses left as well

listopencil
05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
My how the tide of public opinion has turned against a man that you guys used to defend so fiercely. And deservedly so.

Trent, Trent, Trent...WTF man?

Wile_E_Coyote
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Terry Shea must give a mean back rub

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 08:35 PM
My how the tide of public opinion has turned against a man that you guys used to defend so fiercely. And deservedly so.

Trent, Trent, Trent...WTF man?Seriously.

It makes me wonder if his whole act has been a facade, and this is the real guy.

htismaqe
05-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Dolphin fans don't want him either.

Mojo Rising
05-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Trent, Trent, Trent...WTF man?

Thats what happens to highly paid players in the NFL whenthey become old and injured.

I am surprised Trent made these comments. He was playing the "Poor Me" card so well.

Maybe when JW jumped off his bandwagon the wheels came off. He now seems desperate and sad.

ChiefaRoo
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
KC should keep him plain and simple.

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Honestly, Trent never once spoke up when we had the worst defense in the NFL for five years.

And this is setting him off!?

Geeeeesh.

Iowanian
05-26-2007, 10:32 PM
If he does that, I hope a fan dumps a cup of piss on him.

Who knew Trent Green could be such a dickbag.

If he wants to be that way, keep his ass on the bench until August and cut him.

BigChiefFan
05-26-2007, 10:40 PM
What's pissing me off is Green is being paid by the Chiefs and he seems to be wiping his ass on the uniform. He's still the property of the Chiefs. Green is being a no class, prima donna, jerk off. I never thought I'd say that, but Green is an asshole.

SNR
05-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Wait a minute, there's not even a link to this and people are already interpreting this as truth?

My best guess is Green didn't even say this.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Wait a minute, there's not even a link to this and people are already interpreting this as truth?

My best guess is Green didn't even say this.
Not the most credible source.

Logical
05-26-2007, 11:24 PM
If he does that, I hope a fan dumps a cup of piss on him.

Who knew Trent Green could be such a dickbag.

If he wants to be that way, keep his ass on the bench until August and cut him.

Now, now I would hope KC fans would stay classier than that. If Trent actually said this even joking, it was in bad taste but lets not go overboard.

COchief
05-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Yeah! Thats it! Pay him $7 million dollars to do nothing all year. We'll sure show him. I'm sure he would be crushed and would rue the day he decided to mess with CP.

I don't think you have thought your cunning plan all the way through dumbass.

KCBOSS1
05-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Exactly! Like I said "Drama Queen".

You sure you're not the drama queen?

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Not the most credible source.

I heard it live at (790theticket.com), and it was only a joke.

Seriously, you guys are WAY overreacting....

The host of the show (Dan LeBatard) is a local beat writer for the Dolphins as well.... and he goaded Trent into saying what he did.

LeBatard said he was thinking of holding a caller contest to come with ideas of things Trent Green could do to make the Chiefs hurry and deal him... and he related several ideas of his own (most with comedic value), before asking Trent if had thought of anything else he could do along those lines.

Trent was just following along with the "entertainment" direction the host took... and wanted to say something funny. He said he had talked to Patrick Surtain - who had offered to loan him the helmet for fan appreciation day.

Big deal... it's certainly not something he would consider doing (and anyone who actually listened to the interview would KNOW that). He even said that was "over the line". To me the only serious information to come from the comment was that he HAS talked to Surtain about the sitaution... and Surtain was sympathetic.

BTW, you can listen to the ENTIRE interview here:

http://www.790theticket.com/shows.php?show=The+Dan+Le+Batard+Show+with+Stugotz#

Click the link for Trent Green under Audio Clip Links on the page.

You'll see you guys are SEVERELY over-reacting.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Did Trent say anything else that was interesting in the interview?

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Did Trent say anything else that was interesting in the interview?

Hey Direckshun.... yeah, he's apparently been talking to Randy Mueller personally - and knew the details of Dolphin offers. He aslo talked about the Chiefs reaction to his recent actions.... someone apparently asked him to NOT talk to the media on team property.

Most of it is just a rehash, for a Miami audience... and then the comedy bit at the end.

You can listen to the whole interview at the link inm my previous post. Sorry I edited and put the link in AFTER you had already read it.

KCBOSS1
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm glad to hear the "overreacting" comments because that's exactly true. Common look at Trent's track record over the last several years. How has he conducted himself? Get a grip here. If you're frustrated, that 's understandable. But don't add to the circus. It's like the Planet Papparazzi (is that how to spell that?) here. Calling him a drama queen?....read this board. It's getting rediculous.

TinyEvel
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Quick! Somebody run this through Snopes!

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Quick! Somebody run this through Snopes!

You can listen to the ENTIRE interview here:

http://www.790theticket.com/shows.p...w+with+Stugotz#

Click the link for 'Trent Green' under Audio Clip Links on the page.

keg in kc
05-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Defend him all you want. Green's proven he's just like every other mercenary in what's sadly become, since the inception of free agency, a league full of that type of self-absorbed, "entitled" individual. The only mistake anyone in Kansas City made was falling for his facade and ever thinking of him as the exception, rather than the rule. In the last month, his true colors have been revealed, and none of us owe him a damn thing.

Not to say that I don't have some sympathy for him. I'm sorry the trade didn't happen according to his schedule. I'm sorry that apparently neither he nor the Dolphins believe he has any trade value. And I'm sorry there's no end in sight, although honestly that's more for me than for him, because I'm sick of this. Either way, the Chiefs have absolutely no incentive to do anything with him before the final cutdown day in September. Unless, of course, Miami decides he's worth...something. Anything.

Damn those evil Chiefs, for thinking he has value.

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Defend him all you want. Green's proven he's just like every other mercenary in what's sadly become, since the inception of free agency, a league full of that type of self-absorbed, "entitled" individual.

Nonsense!! The Chiefs started this, not Trent Green. In the interview he states that he had every intention of playing out his career in Kansas City, until this February's conversation with Carl Peterson - during which he was pretty much told the Chiefs wanted to go in a different direction, and he was asked to take a pay cut. THATS when he asked if he could seek a trade.

The only mistake anyone in Kansas City made was falling for his facade and ever thinking of him as the exception, rather than the rule. In the last month, his true colors have been revealed, and none of us owe him a damn thing.

I tend to think all fans inflate the image, abilities, and character of players on their favorite teams. Football inspires many stories and characters who've attained mythic legendary proportions.

However, if your talking about Trent being a classy guy.... he's done NOTHING to harm that image here IMHO. Nothing.

Not to say that I don't have some sympathy for him. I'm sorry the trade didn't happen according to his schedule. I'm sorry that apparently neither he nor the Dolphins believe he has any trade value.

A conditional 6th rounder, which could become a 5th HAS value.

And I'm sorry there's no end in sight, although honestly that's more for me than for him, because I'm sick of this, and the Chiefs have absolutely no incentive to move him before the final cutdown day in September, unless, of course, Miami decides he's worth...something. Anything.

All of (Dolphins offers in backwards chronological order) a conditional 6th which could upgrade to a 5th.... a 6th rounder.... a 7th rounder... ARE SOMETHING.

Damn those evil Chiefs, for thinking he has value.

No, DAMN those evil Chiefs for DEMANDING they get MORE than Green's actual VALUE... when they basically told him they were going in a different direction, and wanted him to take a paycut.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 01:23 AM
[the following is paraphrased from the interview]

Who are you mad at, Trent?

"I'm more mad at the Chiefs. They broke their promise, said they wanted to go younger. Miami was the best fit, I have relationships there, so I went back to Carl and he said he'd try. Now we're waiting for him to get his act together."

What did Carl say exactly?

"Carl said he'd get it done, but now he said he's looking for what's best for the Chiefs, and a 6th isn't it -- which I think is unfair. Mueller's been great, he's countered a couple proposals, the Chiefs shot it down."

You're worth more than a 6th though, right?

"I do feel like I'm worth more than a 6th, but you always think you're worth more than you are, and it's dictated by the market. Besides, Herm said he wanted to get younger, resigned Damon, publicly said I can seek a team, and this all lost some of their leverage because it showed their hand. Miami has the leverage. Right now it's just a stare-down between Randy and Carl -- Randy's been good coming up with ideas, but the Chiefs haven't worked with him."

Would you go to the Falcons if they showed interest?

"I only really had control over the Cleveland thing, when they said they wanted to bring me in, I spoke with their OC and their offense, and ultimately Miami was the better deal for me. As much as KC wanted me to go there, I knew Miami was the place for me. I would go to Atlanta if they picked up my existing contract, but I would not renegotiate."

So you want to be at Miami as your #1 option. No #2?

"Right. They were asking me at KC to stop talking like that to the media on their premises, so now I have to go somewhere else to talk to the media."

You seemed to have done that, but you don't seem to be easing off on this.

"I really don't. Carl and I were having conversations way before the Draft about this, and when the Draft came and went and when othing happened, I've started pushing the issue."

What if this drags out? Do you go into the minicamp and just start goofing around?

"There are 2 answers to that -- if/when I get down there, you'll see what I'm all about. I've proven myself as durable and professional, a way my kids would be proud of. But minicamp's coming up so as a joke, I might put on a Dolphin helmet on fan appreciation day, haha. That might step it up!"

You're being viewed as a baby in KC right now.

"I've probably got about 99% of the community behind me in Kansas City, because they know how I've handled myself. But the thing they understand, which is why they don't think I'm whiney, is that this was initiated by the Chiefs. I lived here and then they went public with their direction, and it was away from me. I wasn't being disgruntled and demanding a trade, this was the team saying this, and I'm trying to get them to follow through."

Your best guess on what'll happen? Do your behaviors contribute to a solution here?

"I've made people take notice, and it's made things awkward in the locker room. Teammates keep talking it up -- I've said goodbye to guys maybe 100 times now. I don't know if Herm and Carl understand the impact this is having, because the veterans are concerned about their own futures. Might not be good for young guys, too."

Because this is out of character for you, has this been stressful, being public?

"It's getting out of my comfort zone these days. This has been goofing with my set schedule, but it's something I'm pushing now that the Draft and many opportunities have come and gone. Randy's been really good, but the Chiefs aren't moving along."

What do you say to the Dolphin fan who say they're getting a beat-up QB with a lot of mileage coming off a concussion?

"I've passed all the tests. I'm healthy. I thought the Chiefs gave me excellent care. And I was in the Pro Bowl a couple years ago, so it's not that far off. And I got started much later in age in the league, and look how Favre's playing now, a guy who's had over 100 more starts than I. I'm durable other than two major injuries that would have hurt someone. I'll win them over with my play and my leadership."

What's a concussion feel like?

"I don't remember. I don't remember the play. There was about a 25 minute window of unconsciousness. I came back when I was in the ambulance, and flipped out."

What's the chance you're a Dolphin in September?

"Would like it to be 100, but I think it's 90. We know the two teams are talking. There's still hope even though the Draft is gone."

ClevelandBronco
05-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Nonsense!! The Chiefs started this, not Trent Green. In the interview he states that he had every intention of playing out his career in Kansas City, until this February's conversation with Carl Peterson - during which he was pretty much told the Chiefs wanted to go in a different direction, and he was asked to take a pay cut. THATS when he asked if he could seek a trade.

I tend to think all fans inflate the image, abilities, and character of players on their favorite teams. Football inspires many stories and characters who've attained mythic legendary proportions.

However, if your talking about Trent being a classy guy.... he's done NOTHING to harm that image here IMHO. Nothing.

All of (Dolphins offers in backwards chronological order) a conditional 6th which could upgrade to a 5th.... a 6th rounder.... a 7th rounder... ARE SOMETHING.

No, DAMN those evil Chiefs for DEMANDING they get MORE than Green's actual VALUE... when they basically told him they were going in a different direction, and wanted him to take a paycut.

I'm going enjoy the next six pages of this.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 01:50 AM
In the interview he states that he had every intention of playing out his career in Kansas City
I think maybe he did play out his career- not just in KC but everywhere. What do you think will happen if Green is released at the last possible instant? Would the Dolphins still pick him up? Would they still start him?

A 5th in 2008 would be roughly equal to the 6th in 2007 which the Chiefs already declined. If it wasn't enough a few weeks ago- why would it be enough now?

ClevelandBronco
05-27-2007, 02:25 AM
I think maybe he did play out his career- not just in KC but everywhere. What do you think will happen if Green is released at the last possible instant? Would the Dolphins still pick him up? Would they still start him?

Not everywhere, IMO. Maybe he'd entertain an offer to come to Denver to mentor Jay if he's cut at the last possible moment. I'd love to see Trent wearing the predominately orange and blue for a couple of years.

A 5th in 2008 would be roughly equal to the 6th in 2007 which the Chiefs already declined. If it wasn't enough a few weeks ago- why would it be enough now?

Because they're screwing with you. They've been doing it all along. Their position hasn't changed; It's only been remarketed. You're absolutely correct, IMO, Borracho.

The Chiefs can't blink first. Miami will, IMO, (but I'm starting to think that I could be wrong.)

Trent Green as the mentor in Broncos' colors. That's one of the things you're risking here.

Just keep it in mind.

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 02:29 AM

Well, number one... I don't think Green is the guaranteed starter in Miami, I think he'll have to win a competition... though his mastery of the offense should give him a big leg up in that. I'm not sure I see the upside of cutting/trading Culpepper immediately should Green be aquired (the Dolphins only save 1.5 million).... and if Daunte shows good mobility in the preseason - his value could go up. Make for an interesting competition.

Secondly, If it comes to that... Cameron seems to have a comfort level with Green, so I would guess they probably would pick him up. Cameron and Schottenheimer kept four QB's on the roster one year in San Diego... so I can see picking him up and maybe even not cutting another QB.

Would he start? How could I answer that? I would think (despite whether Cameron and Mueller believe wholeheartedly or not that Green will eventually be cut)... Cameron would have had to commit to some extent to one of the QB's already on roster, and unless that QB seriously underperforms quickly... I can't see Cam rushing to start Green.

That one round lower value applies only DURING the draft, when your trading future picks for picks you can make THAT day. Once the draft is over, it no longer applies. A 6th or 5th round pick is worth just that.

The Chiefs COULD choose to use the pick in the NFL supplemental draft thats coming up... and I understand there are three or four real prospects this year. If your going to take a chance on a kid in the supplemental draft... using a traded draft pick might be the way to go, since the Chiefs will own another pick in that same round.

CHENZ A!
05-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Trent is acting like a bitch, pretty much he and the dolphins can kis my ass. I hope we don't work out a trade for him, and keep him all the way until the last cuts are made, then send him packing. Like we haven't compensated him enough? :shake:

htismaqe
05-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah! Thats it! Pay him $7 million dollars to do nothing all year. We'll sure show him. I'm sure he would be crushed and would rue the day he decided to mess with CP.

I don't think you have thought your cunning plan all the way through dumbass.

What did you have in mind for that $7M?

Fact is, the roster is set and Green is still on it. We have enough cap room to just keep him and let him sit, for $7M.

morphius
05-27-2007, 07:50 AM
What did you have in mind for that $7M?

Fact is, the roster is set and Green is still on it. We have enough cap room to just keep him and let him sit, for $7M.
And if he follows through with his hold out once the season starts we should be able to fine him for every bit he would have made.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Well, number one... I don't think Green is the guaranteed starter in Miami, I think he'll have to win a competition... though his mastery of the offense should give him a big leg up in that. I'm not sure I see the upside of cutting/trading Culpepper immediately should Green be aquired (the Dolphins only save 1.5 million).... and if Daunte shows good mobility in the preseason - his value could go up. Make for an interesting competition.

Secondly, If it comes to that... Cameron seems to have a comfort level with Green, so I would guess they probably would pick him up. Cameron and Schottenheimer kept four QB's on the roster one year in San Diego... so I can see picking him up and maybe even not cutting another QB.

Would he start? How could I answer that? I would think (despite whether Cameron and Mueller believe wholeheartedly or not that Green will eventually be cut)... Cameron would have had to commit to some extent to one of the QB's already on roster, and unless that QB seriously underperforms quickly... I can't see Cam rushing to start Green.
Sounds like Green might end up in the same situation in Miami as he could have here in KC. I wonder if he realizes this. It is a shame, really. Green still has value (more than what the Dolphins are offering, IMO) but not enough to dictate where he goes (only a few players do). His feelings of hurt might actually cost him a chance to play since he says he will neither restructure nor play for the Chiefs. The Chiefs won't trade him until they get compensation and they won't release him until the last instant. If it comes to the last instant, all the starting jobs will be taken and Green will have to retire or be a backup, at least initially.

That one round lower value applies only DURING the draft, when your trading future picks for picks you can make THAT day. Once the draft is over, it no longer applies. A 6th or 5th round pick is worth just that.
The draft was only a few weeks ago. I'm guessing the value of a future pick has not changed too radically.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 09:37 AM
And if he follows through with his hold out once the season starts we should be able to fine him for every bit he would have made.
I really doubt he holds out at that point. I imagine he would either pout on our bench (and collect the money) or retire. There is also the possibility that he would stop pouting and actually mentor our youngsters. Professionalism and love of the game might change his attitude once he realizes his options have dried up.

C-Mac
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I listened to the interview and still feel he is pushing it a little to much. What I still dont get is why he thinks the Chiefs should take what ever Miami offers for compensation and why he blames the Chiefs for wanting to get younger and get a quarteback thats willing to be on the same page with the coach. I can promise him that the Dolphins will eventually give him the same "time for change" talk. He thinks he is helping his case by going all public, but in reality it appears to be doing just the opposite.

Calcountry
05-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Why would Pat Surtain and McIntosh still have their helmets?It's just like a comfort blankie, that you never outgrow.

I mean, the MIAMI Dolphins have that cute song, #1.

LiL stumppy
05-27-2007, 11:10 AM
No. I've heard of sarcasm, but I'm not familiar with sarcasim.

Sorry, didn't realize this was spelling class. I mean God forbid someone have a typo.

The Bad Guy
05-27-2007, 11:33 AM

Get ****ed.

A conditional 5th has value? The Chiefs aren't cutting Trent Green. You can spin it all you want with your teal loving gay buddies, but they aren't. So the logic, "you might as well get something for him," is nonsense.

Value for who? You gave your kicker away for a 6th rounder.

Is Olindo Mare on the same level as Trent Green?

Let's see, a guy who throws for 4,000 yards 3 out of 4 years isn't worth more than what you traded an aging kicker for?

There's not many 37-year old system QBs that make 7.2 million dollars. Yes, damn the Chiefs for actually wanting to protect the franchise and get younger. Damn them for watching how good Trent Green was behind a makeshift line last year and deciding that wasn't good enough.

But should they give him away for kicker compensation?

**** no.

unothadeal
05-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry, didn't realize this was spelling class. I mean God forbid someone have a typo.
But the "i" is nowhere near the "s" or the "m".

LiL stumppy
05-27-2007, 11:40 AM
lol get a life dude

keg in kc
05-27-2007, 11:42 AM
:whackit: :deevee: :BS: Raiduhs That about sums your bullshit up.

Here's my reply (by all means quote if you feel like it):

:ZZZ:

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 01:27 PM

All NFL players have a "I love me" wall with trophies, footballs, helmets, pictures, awards, etc...

Or maybe they just still wish they were Dolphins, especially since they see how loyal veterans are treated in KC??? ;) Just kidding. LOL

The draft was only a few weeks ago. I'm guessing the value of a future pick has not changed too radically.

It changed the Monday AFTER the draft. That rule (one round lower for future picks) ONLY APPLIES DURING THE DRAFT when your trading future picks for pick you can make THAT day!

As I said... should the Chiefs make a deal, they could use the pick in the upcoming supplemental draft.

Get ****ed.

Thanks for the offer.... but I got a wife. :)

A conditional 5th has value?

Yes, it does.

The Chiefs aren't cutting Trent Green. You can spin it all you want with your teal loving gay buddies, but they aren't. So the logic, "you might as well get something for him," is nonsense.

You and your better red than dead friends can jack each other off about how the Chiefs will hold Green right up till the season starts.... or pay him 7.2 million to sit on the bench just to stroke Carl Peterson ego all you want to too. The Chiefs are the only one's losing.... because Green is right, 99% of the Chiefs players are evaluating how this former team leader if getting F***ed Over - and wondering when the team is going to bend them over too!

When Steve McNair goes for a 4th round pick (when he's four years younger than Green)... then a 5th is the MAXIMUM value that Green carries - and not one of your buddies has made a coherent argument why that outlook is wrong.

Value for who? You gave your kicker away for a 6th rounder.

Our kicker was 32... and despite his recent inaccuracy on field goal attempts - he has led the league in kickoff touchbacks for several YEARS (including last year). That held value for the Saints who suffered with allowing good field postion to the opposition all last year. BTW - Didn't you guys just trade your own kicker?????

Is Olindo Mare on the same level as Trent Green?

Not quite IMO, but close.... and thats because Olindo Mare is capable of playing for another 8 years or so.... is Green??????

Let's see, a guy who throws for 4,000 yards 3 out of 4 years isn't worth more than what you traded an aging kicker for?

Considering that one bad season out of four was the LAST ONE... and the fact Green is a good 5 years OLDER than Mare.... and the fact that the latest offer is MORE than the Dolphins received for Mare... you don't have a leg to stand on here.

There's not many 37-year old system QBs that make 7.2 million dollars.

Actually I would think most of them that reach that age with success with one team are going to be making that much or more these days. It's the nature of the business.

Yes, damn the Chiefs for actually wanting to protect the franchise and get younger. Damn them for watching how good Trent Green was behind a makeshift line last year and deciding that wasn't good enough.

Good for them!! Green didn't agree and wanted out..... but the Chiefs seem to want to have it both ways - getting MORE value out of Green than the guys worth, when they've basically admitted he isn't part of their future plans.

But should they give him away for kicker compensation?

**** no.

When that kicker has the capability of playing the majority of a decade LONGER, and Green has at max one or two years.... the compensation SHOULD BE SIMILAR IMHO - though the current offer is actually MORE.

That about sums your bullshit up.

Here's my reply (by all means quote if you feel like it):

Thats what I thought. When someone actually call's you on your bulls**t post, your speechless. LOL

keg in kc
05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Thats what I thought. When someone actually call's you on your bulls**t post, your speechless.No, I'm speechless that anybody could be as obtuse as you are. In the end, I'm intelligent enough to know that sometimes people are too ignorant, whether by birth or by choice, to be worth my time. My guess is with you it's by choice, and you're trolling. But I could be wrong.

Either way, have fun, short bus. You're not worth any more of my attention.

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
No, I'm speechless that anybody could be as obtuse as you are.

Bull-f***ing-S**t my friend. My arguments are anything BUT obtuse... and the fact you apparently can't come up with an argument against them is more than proof of that!

In the end, I'm intelligent enough to know that sometimes people are too ignorant, whether by birth or by choice, to be worth my time. My guess is with you it's by choice, and you're trolling.

I've been on here for the better part of two months posting constantly on THIS subject, and I've still not heard one coherent argument from a single Chiefs fan as too why Trent Green is worth the same compensation as Steve McNair who was 4 years younger when traded. BTW - congratulations, your the FIRST Chief's fan here to call me a troll in all that time.

But I could be wrong.

Ya think???? Look at my posts dude... I'm not trolling. You'll generally get the same type of response from me, as you GIVE me. "the bad guy" got a rough version, because HIS version was rough. I'd LOVE for someone here to make a coherent argument why Green is worth the same compensation as Steve McNair brought...... but honestly, there is NO justification for it, is there?

Either way, have fun, short bus. You're not worth any more of my attention.

Fine. Sorry it didn't work out.

the Talking Can
05-27-2007, 01:47 PM
All NFL players have a "I love me" wall with trophies, footballs, helmets, pictures, awards, etc...

Or maybe they just still wish they were Dolphins, especially since they see how loyal veterans are treated in KC??? ;) Just kidding. LOL

It changed the Monday AFTER the draft. That rule (one round lower for futur

Thats what I thought. When someone actually call's you on your bulls**t post, your speechless. LOL

why do you show up on every Green thread and say the exact stupid ****ing thing?

WE GET IT

douchebags like you think Miami deserves a Starting QB for nothing just becuase....you don't need to say it again, WE HEARD YOU THE 30th time....

for a QB you claim Miami doesn't want or need because of Cleo Lemon you spend a lot of time bleeding on our board...

you aren't getting a QB for free, so please ****ing god go away you are making us all dumber...

Wile_E_Coyote
05-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Green is a borderline Chief Ring on Fame player & he has tarnished it just to go have a cup of coffee in Miami. Foolish

~he was a Vermeil, not a Chief

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 01:55 PM
WE GET IT

No... apparently you don't.

douchebags like you think Miami deserves a Starting QB for nothing just becuase....

A conditional 5th round pick is NOT NOTHING. Please justify for me the fact that YOU want the same compensation for Green as McNair brought when four years younger! Can you do that????

you aren't getting a QB for free, so please ****ing god go away you are making us all dumber...

And your not getting a 4th round pick for free.

Thats two votes for wockenbauss gone.... anyone else want to speak up??? It's ya'lls board... so I'm out of here if you want?

milkman
05-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Ya think???? Look at my posts dude... I'm not trolling. You'll generally get the same type of response from me, as you GIVE me. "the bad guy" got a rough version, because HIS version was rough. I'd LOVE for someone here to make a coherent argument why Green is worth the same compensation as Steve McNair brought...... but honestly, there is NO justification for it, is there?

I am of the opinion that the Dolphins would be trading away their future for an old QB whose impact, long term, would be minimal.

In Mueller's position, I would even be comtemplating a trade for Green.

However, the Ravens were very likley a playoff team with or without McNair.

The Dolphins, without Green will very likely be vying for last place in the division.

With Green, they will more than likely be vying for a playoff spot.

There isn't anyone in the league who understands the Coryell offense better than Green, and with him, the Dolphins assimilate that offense much quicker, and by extention, compete for a playoff spot.

That is why Green would be worth the same value to the Dophins as McNair was to the Ravens.

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I am of the opinion that the Dolphins would be trading away their future for an old QB whose impact, long term, would be minimal.

A lot of Dolphin fans would likely agree with you. I personally would like to have Green to teach Beck... and to allow the Dolphins not to have to rush Becks development.

I know some "thrown into the fire" QB's do develop just fine... but also think a lot of bad habits can be picked up as a result, and would rather give Beck at least a year or so to learn from the sidelines - which seems to be a more successful approach with QB's IMHO.

However, the Ravens were very likley a playoff team with or without McNair.

I disagree heartily. With Kyle Boller under center... I don't think the Ravens even smell the playoffs last year.

The Dolphins, without Green will very likely be vying for last place in the division.

I disagree with that one too... but I'm not going to argue that point though... because it's not germain to the central argument here.

Lets just say, the Dolphins sure shouldn't be making any Superbowl plans next year, with or without Green.

With Green, they will more than likely be vying for a playoff spot.

It's possible.... but then it's also possible that Green gets another concussion in his first start and misses the year too. It's possible he comes in too late to develop timing with the Miami receivers, and never recovers as well. It's possible he comes in and throws more INT's than TD's (like last year), and proves to everyone he should have retired.

There isn't anyone in the league who understands the Coryell offense better than Green, and with him, the Dolphins assimilate that offense much quicker, and by extention, compete for a playoff spot.

I definately agree with the "learning the offense" point, and thats another major reason I'd like to have Green (beyond teaching Beck) is that he should help the WHOLE offense learn the new system. Playoffs? Possible.... but I wouldn't say probable.

That is why Green would be worth the same value to the Dophins as McNair was to the Ravens.

At least its an argument in the right direction... but still, Steve McNair is going to make the playoff's possible (and maybe even LIKELY) for the Ravens for maybe as many as 4 or 5 more seasons. can you expect that out of Green honestly???

Good post milkman... at least your attacking the central issue of value.

wockenbauss
05-27-2007, 02:46 PM
In any case... it's abundantly clear I'm getting under at least a few posters skin, so I'll get on out of here.

This IS a KC Chiefs board, meant for the exchange of ideas and information between Chiefs fans.... not fans of other teams.

I've enjoyed my time here (and more than a few recipe's from the grilling tips thread!), and think you guys have a great board!

Good luck during the upcoming season (regardless of how the Green situation turns out)... and I'll look forward to seeing you guys for the preseason game between the Dolphins/Chiefs this summer.

Later. :)

SNR
05-27-2007, 03:32 PM
In any case... it's abundantly clear Thanks. My acne cream is working
I'm getting under at least a few posters skinBOOOOO BLACKHEADS!!
so I'll get on out of here.k.
This IS a KC Chiefs boardRLY??
the exchange of ideas and information between Chiefs fans.... ...pretty much amounts to poop and name-calling, but hey, it works for us.
not fans of other teams. LOL
I've enjoyed my time here GTFO you guys have a great board! And you have a great ass!
Good luck .
...!
and I'll look forward to seeing you guys for the preseason game between the Dolphins/Chiefs this summer.Doesn't this kind of posting style seem annoying to you?
Later. :)...alligator

The Bad Guy
05-27-2007, 05:35 PM
So let me get this straight, Ray Finkle.Mare is worth the same as a starting QB because he has good touchbacks?You are ****ing retarded.

Der Flöprer
05-27-2007, 05:47 PM
I've been on here for the better part of two months posting constantly on THIS subject, and I've still not heard one coherent argument from a single Chiefs fan as too why Trent Green is worth the same compensation as Steve McNair who was 4 years younger when traded.

Jay Feeley. Is that enough?

The Bad Guy
05-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Jay Feeley. Is that enough?

You mean A.J.

Logical
05-27-2007, 08:36 PM
In any case... it's abundantly clear I'm getting under at least a few posters skin, so I'll get on out of here.

This IS a KC Chiefs board, meant for the exchange of ideas and information between Chiefs fans.... not fans of other teams.

I've enjoyed my time here (and more than a few recipe's from the grilling tips thread!), and think you guys have a great board!

Good luck during the upcoming season (regardless of how the Green situation turns out)... and I'll look forward to seeing you guys for the preseason game between the Dolphins/Chiefs this summer.

Later. :)

Personally this is one Chiefs fan who believes this deal should get done for a 5th round draft choice.

BigMeatballDave
05-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Personally this is one Chiefs fan who believes this deal should get done for a 5th round draft choice.At this point, yes.

htismaqe
05-27-2007, 08:52 PM
The Chiefs are the only one's losing.... because Green is right, 99% of the Chiefs players are evaluating how this former team leader if getting F***ed Over - and wondering when the team is going to bend them over too!

Actually, the players that are wondering that are the ones that were also used to being babied by Vermeil, just like Green.

Another 3rd of the team is smart enough to know that a 4th or 5th round draft pick is FAR MORE instrumental to their future success than a 37-year old QB coming off a serious injury.

Finally, the youngest third of the team is wondering why Trent Green insulted them publically.

NewChief
05-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Finally, the youngest third of the team is wondering why Trent Green insulted them publically.
:rolleyes:

I'm sure that question keeps them up at nights. I love how none of the players are affected by the Trent brouhaha, yet they're weeping in their blankies because he supposedly insulted them.

htismaqe
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm sure that question keeps them up at nights. I love how none of the players are affected by the Trent brouhaha, yet they're weeping in their blankies because he supposedly insulted them.

I never said they were AFFECTED by it. But I'm sure they have wondered why a supposed team leader would say something so ridiculously selfish.

Slick32
05-27-2007, 09:15 PM
This thread is useless to the humor impared!