PDA

View Full Version : I know its early, but...

NIU32
05-26-2007, 08:41 PM
KC needs this guy Rd. 1 next yr

Tommy Blake DE TCU

http://media.abqtrib.com/albq/content/img/photos/2006/11/11/UNMvTCU_02_t600.jpg

6'3 250 Rumored to have run an unoffical 4.5 40

Preseason All-American by Athlon, The Sporting News and Street & Smith's... appears on the watch list for five major awards (Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, Lombardi Trophy, Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year Award and Lott Trophy)... originally came to TCU as a tailback... converted to defensive end while redshirting as a freshman in 2003.

He also completely dominated now Dallas Cowboy OT Doug Free in the Poinsettia Bowl this year. The guy is a freak and extremely fast coming off the edge. One one of his sacks I thought he may have actually killed our QB...

Check this video out of him running a RB down. He could take over for Allen nicely
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wYzDwAcO72k

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Mark me down on the OT bandwagon.

Enough focus on the d-line. We hurt the rest of the team if we get tunnel-vision.

milkman
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Mark me down on the OT bandwagon.

Enough focus on the d-line. We hurt the rest of the team if we get tunnel-vision.

It still comes down to taking the best available player.

As I understand it, though, there are going to be a number of OT prospects next year.

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
It still comes down to taking the best available player.
Yes it does, although I think you should weight positions in terms of degree of need. At least when you build your board. I've always been a BPAPN guy.

Now, if you're picking 25th and a supposed top-5 talent is there, somebody you just can't pass up, that's a different story, although even then I might be looking to trade down and try to bank some picks off someone who's desperate for him.

Like how I'd have tried to trade down and let someone else have Brady Quinn.

milkman
05-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes it does, although I think you should weight positions in terms of degree of need. At least when you build your board. I've always been a BPAPN guy.

Now, if you're picking 25th and a supposed top-5 talent is there, somebody you just can't pass up, that's a different story, although even then I might be looking to trade down and try to bank some picks off someone who's desperate for him.

Like how I'd have tried to trade down and let someone else have Brady Quinn.

We think along the same lines.