PDA

View Full Version : trading cards (Help a little Chiefs fan!)

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-27-2007, 02:39 PM
My son just received several thousand MLB, NFL, NBA & NASCAR trading cards. I've never collected them before so I'm not much help to him. He already had a couple hundred NFL cards. He wishes to try to sell most of them; non-Chiefs, NBA, MLB & NASCAR. How should he go about this since we have no idea on the value; just list them out and sell them in lots of 10 on ebay??? Is there a better place to sell them than ebay? How are trading cards normally shipped? He's 10 years old and wishes to purchase rabbits or doves with any funds generated. Any advice would be helpful.

BigVE
05-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I had a cousin who used to buy/sell/trade cards of all sorts. There were several card shows each year either in malls or flea markets. You would have to try to check with a card shop in your area, they should know if and when any shows will be going on. Ebay works too. Thats all I know.

Pestilence
05-27-2007, 02:59 PM
If you're going to go the EBay route....I wouldn't list them in groups of 10. I would list them in larger groups. That's just my opinion on it though.

You could also go through the cards (if you have the time) and pick out the ones that you think might be worth some money....then take them to a local card dealer and have them look at them....either that or you could grab the newest trading card price guide and go through it yourself. It all comes down to how much time you have.

Demonpenz
05-27-2007, 03:11 PM
congrats the card business is booming

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
If you're going to go the EBay route....I wouldn't list them in groups of 10. I would list them in larger groups. That's just my opinion on it though.

You could also go through the cards (if you have the time) and pick out the ones that you think might be worth some money....then take them to a local card dealer and have them look at them....either that or you could grab the newest trading card price guide and go through it yourself. It all comes down to how much time you have.
Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of time to mess with them. Thanks for the suggestions.

unlurking
05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of time to mess with them. Thanks for the suggestions.
Could be losing out on some money.

I'd take a little time to go through some of them. Check the Beckett's guide. You can usually pick one up at your library.

http://www.beckett.com/default.osi

DenverChief
05-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Could be losing out on some money.

I'd take a little time to go through some of them. Check the Beckett's guide. You can usually pick one up at your library.

http://www.beckett.com/default.osi

Exactly and entire sets can generate a lot of money as well, check Beckett for individual prices of cards and they also list how much a a whole set (Meaning card X - XXXX of 1989 MLB TOPPS) would go for