PDA

View Full Version : Can someone fill me in?

irishjayhawk
05-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I came across the news that the missing emails had been found. I was just wondering about this and whether it was true or what the emails said was true.

Because, from what I've read, if it is true, it's damning evidence.

But I'd really like to get some other perspectives.

go bowe
05-27-2007, 03:41 PM
eh, this thread is useless without pics...

banyon
05-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I came across the news that the missing emails had been found. I was just wondering about this and whether it was true or what the emails said was true.

Because, from what I've read, if it is true, it's damning evidence.

But I'd really like to get some other perspectives.

Where did you come across the news?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

tiptap
05-27-2007, 05:59 PM
let's see. There is this British dude, I am trying to remember his name. There was some spoof Bush site that actually were sent these e-mails too as a supposed Republican site. It accidententaly got on the mailing list. Will in England, they asked point blank the Republican Party representatives in England to substantiate the aunthenticity. And they did. Within these e-mails is a discussion of the focus revolving around voter fraud and attempts to remove voters from the rolls. Apparently in the 2000 campaign there was put out a lot of rhetoric about felons on voter roles and that was cover for purging voter lists then. Then in the 2004 election the attention was turn to bordering or something like that. That is when mailings are sent out and if the voter doesn't respond there is a request to have the mailing returned by the post office. The voters are then considered improperly registered. But these mailings are interntionally sent out to miss college students, to miss military personnel and other targeted populations so to maximize throwing out voters in highly Democratic areas. All the emphasis on voter fraud by the DAs was to cover and make it seem to be a real problem to these situations. There is a 3rd round focus set up for the 2008 elections and that is what is really being hidden in all the testimony.

I am not saying this is true. I would have posted such if I had better comfirmation. But this is the source for most of the internet discussion of finding the missing E-mails.

irishjayhawk
05-27-2007, 11:01 PM
let's see. There is this British dude, I am trying to remember his name. There was some spoof Bush site that actually were sent these e-mails too as a supposed Republican site. It accidententaly got on the mailing list. Will in England, they asked point blank the Republican Party representatives in England to substantiate the aunthenticity. And they did. Within these e-mails is a discussion of the focus revolving around voter fraud and attempts to remove voters from the rolls. Apparently in the 2000 campaign there was put out a lot of rhetoric about felons on voter roles and that was cover for purging voter lists then. Then in the 2004 election the attention was turn to bordering or something like that. That is when mailings are sent out and if the voter doesn't respond there is a request to have the mailing returned by the post office. The voters are then considered improperly registered. But these mailings are interntionally sent out to miss college students, to miss military personnel and other targeted populations so to maximize throwing out voters in highly Democratic areas. All the emphasis on voter fraud by the DAs was to cover and make it seem to be a real problem to these situations. There is a 3rd round focus set up for the 2008 elections and that is what is really being hidden in all the testimony.

I am not saying this is true. I would have posted such if I had better comfirmation. But this is the source for most of the internet discussion of finding the missing E-mails.

Greg Papulus or something.

jAZ
05-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Greg Pastast.

Digg had this story Friday.

It's actually relatively old news. (came out in the summer of 2006, but the emails were from 2004, IIRC).

Anyway, the emails he has aren't "the emails" in question. The closest they had were emails about "caging lists". None of these (that I know of) are the Rove, RNC emails that they destroyed as part of the coverup.

Caging is a technique for trying to scrap voter rolls by sending mail to the address on the voter roll and if the email gets returned, then have the voter dropped from the voter rolls.

One of the big deals at the time was that they had used this technique on a bunch of military voters who were overseas and not getting their mail, so they were scrubbed by this system.

jAZ
05-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh, and Greg Palast is an American who's a reporter for the BBC.

jAZ
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Basically he was given about 500 or 1000 emails that were addressed to (randomemailaccount)@georgewbush.org.

The real address was georgewbush.com.

People from the campaign staff got mixed up and sent things to the wrong address.

jAZ
05-27-2007, 11:15 PM
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:9-diy4ilolcJ:www.gregpalast.com/journalist-with-bbc-has-rove-office-emails/+greg+palast+caging+emails&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

BBC Reporter Has Rove Office Emails - Goodling/Sampson Obstruction of Justice evidence?
Published May 23rd, 2007 in Articles
For immediate release
Wednesday 23 May

BBC Television’s Newsnight has 500 “missing” Rove office emails including a series of self-incriminating notes which provide “the keys to the kingdom” behind the prosecutor firings.

In the opening to today’s testimony before Congress, Monica Goodling, former Department of Justice White House Liaison, testified that Deputy Attorney General Kyle Sampson lied. At issue was, says Goodling, Sampson’s denial “that he had some knowledge of allegations that Tim Griffin had been involved in vote ‘caging’ during the work on the President’s 2004 campaign.”

What is ‘caging’? Why is it so important that it lead Goodling’s testimony? Why is Tim Griffin’s involvement kept secret? And what are ‘the allegations’?

Goodling, in her testimony (and in several subpoenaed emails) identifies the source of the allegation as BBC investigative reporter Greg Palast - who, in October 2004, first broke open the ‘caging’ story on BBC’s Television’s premier current affairs show, Newsnight. (Watch it here)

The BBC reporter explained that ‘vote caging’ is a crime; Tim Griffin directed it; Karl Rove, Goodling and Sampson knew it, yet Rove demanded the appointment of Griffin as the US Attorney for Arkansas.

‘Caging’ was a 2004 Bush-Cheney campaign scheme to challenge, on false evidence, the right to vote of tens of thousand of Black voters.

Was Tim Griffin involved? Palast showed, on camera, the email he intercepted from the Bush campaign, “Subject: caging,” written by Griffin himself, making clear that Griffin was not just involved, the but the director of this vote fixing scheme.

The allegation is based on an email, re-produced on page 207 of Palast’s book, “Armed Madhouse,” currently a New York Times bestseller (published by Penguin).

In several emails obtained by subpoena by Congressional investigators, Goodling and Griffin complain about ‘that British reporter Palast’ (an American working with BBC London). In a February 5, 2006 email, Griffin gloats to Goodling that “no [US] national media” has picked up Palast’s discovery of the ‘caging’ operation.

Here’s how caging works: letters were sent “Do Not Forward” to voters at home addresses. When the letters were returned to sender (”caged”), the voter’s right to vote was challenged. The letters, however, were targeted at African-American homeless men, students — and soldiers send overseas — all legal voters who, because they were shipped to Iraq or for other reasons, were not at their home address. BBC obtained 50 ‘caging’ lists with 70,000 voters including large groups of servicemen.

Palast, currently in New York, is available for a limited number of media interviews. Contact interviews (at) gregpalast.com immediately.

Palast is the award-winning reporter who, for BBC TV, exposed the Florida 2000 ‘purge’ of Black voters wrongly accused of being ‘felons.’

jAZ
05-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Here's the letters (or some of them) that Palast is now claiming he has.

http://2004.georgewbush.org/deadletteroffice/