PDA

View Full Version : Doritos X-13D

AZORChiefFan
05-27-2007, 05:27 PM
So I see this bag of Doritos at QT. X-13D Flavor Experiment. Basically they want you to taste them and come up with a name. The hint is All American Classic. So I wonder what Doritos thinks is an all American Classic taste.

The answer may astound you, may even shock you.

Cheeseburger is the flavor. Cheeseburger flavored Doritos.

Nasty.

kstater
05-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it tastes like Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup

Mr. Flopnuts
05-27-2007, 05:29 PM
So I see this bag of Doritos at QT. X-13D Flavor Experiment. Basically they want you to taste them and come up with a name. The hint is All American Classic. So I wonder what Doritos thinks is an all American Classic taste.

Nasty.

I recognized it from the first taste. My wife struggled with it. They're not great, but they're not bad either.

AZORChiefFan
05-27-2007, 05:31 PM
I recognized it from the first taste. My wife struggled with it. They're not great, but they're not bad either.
So did I but I had to eat a couple more just to make sure.

I don't plan on finishing the bag, you want me to seal it up and mail it to you?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
So did I but I had to eat a couple more just to make sure.

I don't plan on finishing the bag, you want me to seal it up and mail it to you?

They were okay, but I'd never buy another bag of them. Thanks for the offer though ;)

Bob Dole
05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Corn chips that taste like something other than corn?

What will people think of next!?

Buck
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
To me it tastes like a submarine sandwich. Cheeseburger is a close 2nd.

Adept Havelock
05-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Damn. I was really hoping they would be Earwax and Ahi Sashimi flavored.

BCD
05-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Someone at work brought a bag in last week. I guessed Cheeseburger right away.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
that shit is the most disgusting things i have ever tasted in my entire life!!! I wouldn't say that it tastests like a real "cheese burger", but it tastests like a shitty mcdonalds greace burger. i literally wanted to puke when i took a bite of one of them....

Psyko Tek
05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
that shit is the most disgusting things i have ever tasted in my entire life!!! I wouldn't say that it tastests like a real "cheese burger", but it tastests like a shitty mcdonalds greace burger. i literally wanted to puke when i took a bite of one of them....

hell Micky d's is what most of the country thinks burgers should taste like

Frazod
05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I really liked the guacamole Doritos, but they quit selling them. The bastards. Black pepper jack is my current favorite.

The Fiery Habanero sucks. It has a vile aftertaste. Yuck.

AZORChiefFan
05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I can pretty much eat any thing and blech. These things taste like the grease traps from mickey d's.

BigVE
05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
This is the very first bag of chips that has lasted more than a few days in my house with 2 teenagers who will eat just about anything. There is still over a half a bag and nobody wants 'em. To me it wasn't so much a cheeseburger taste as the toppings and condiments that go with a cheeseburger. The first thing I tasted was like dill pickles and then mustard, no thanks.

CHENZ A!
05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
These chips sound delicious. really.

BCD
05-27-2007, 08:26 PM
These chips sound delicious. really.I think I may be the only one who likes them.

chagrin
05-27-2007, 08:33 PM
They had a couple of others recently didn't they? The Mesquite Bar b Q ones were good, while the white cheese one was horrible. I haven't seen this one you speak of, yet around here.

AZORChiefFan
05-27-2007, 08:52 PM
They had a couple of others recently didn't they? The Mesquite Bar b Q ones were good, while the white cheese one was horrible. I haven't seen this one you speak of, yet around here.
Yeah the BBQ ones were pretty good. The white cheddar were too close to Nacho Cheese for my liking. They had a limited edition Sweet Chile or something like that…mmmmmm.

C-Mac
05-27-2007, 09:12 PM
X-13 chips not good..... :shake:

meStevo
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Flaming Hot Doritos from the mid 90's were better than probably most any chips i've ever had (other than Sterzings, we're in Vegas and my parents have the things shipped in since they're only sold x miles from where they're made... Burlington i think?)

chagrin
05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah the BBQ ones were pretty good. The white cheddar were too close to Nacho Cheese for my liking. They had a limited edition Sweet Chile or something like that…mmmmmm.

Sweet Chile? No shit, i missed that one :(

TinyEvel
05-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I thought it tasted like a Doritos that was sufficiently wiped across the taint of a 16 year-old Jewish girl from Woodland Hills, CA. While a Duran Duran song plays in the background, through the radio in a VW squareback.

I'm just sayin....

milkman
05-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I thought it tasted like a Doritos that was sufficiently wiped across the taint of a 16 year-old Jewish girl from Woodland Hills, CA. While a Duran Duran song plays in the background, through the radio in a VW squareback.

I'm just sayin....

You're just saying that you licked that taint?

mikeyis4dcats.
05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I think they taste so-so. They taste EXACTLY like a Burger King cheeseburger with that smoky grille taste. You don't get that at MickeyD's, thankfully.

Simply Red
05-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Flaming Hot Doritos from the mid 90's were better than probably most any chips i've ever had (other than Sterzings, we're in Vegas and my parents have the things shipped in since they're only sold x miles from where they're made... Burlington i think?)

Taco Doritos were excellent as well. Haven't read the entire thread. Wasn't sure if they'd been mentioned yet...

chagrin
05-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Taco Doritos were excellent as well. Haven't read the entire thread. Wasn't sure if they'd been mentioned yet...

It hasn't been, because the thread isn't about your favorite doritos, heh.

Having said that, I agree, the Taco flavored ones were pretty damn good too.

milkman
05-28-2007, 12:59 PM
It hasn't been, because the thread isn't about your favorite doritos, heh.

Having said that, I agree, the Taco flavored ones were pretty damn good too.

They were.

Why aren't they still on the market?

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Salsa verde was my favorite flavor and now I can't find them. :(

Demonpenz
05-28-2007, 01:21 PM
i like cheeto's hot fries

Delano
05-28-2007, 03:06 PM
The blazing buffalo wings flavor was a big let down for me. Hard to capture good buffalo wing flavor in a chip apparently.

StcChief
05-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Cheeseburger,cheeseburger...Pepsi No Coke.

chagrin
05-29-2007, 08:46 AM

We got em down here - you send me some X-13d and I will send you some Salsa Verde, deal?

chagrin
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
They were.

Why aren't they still on the market?

They still are, according to the website, I think it's a market thing. I remember buying them alot when I lived in Michigan.

http://www.doritos.com

KC Kings
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
The blazing buffalo wings flavor was a big let down for me. Hard to capture good buffalo wing flavor in a chip apparently.

I agree with the Doritos being a let down, but I really like the Snyder of Hanover pretzel chunks that are buffalo wing flavored.

el borracho
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Really? Nobody is going to make fun of this gem? that shit is the most disgusting things i have ever tasted in my entire life!!! I wouldn't say that it tastests like a real "cheese burger", but it tastests like a shitty mcdonalds greace burger. i literally wanted to puke when i took a bite of one of them....

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Really? Nobody is going to make fun of this gem?
Dude, he's a Jayhawk fan. It's like laughing at the short bus.

the Talking Can
05-29-2007, 12:19 PM

bingo, I loved them...haven't seen them in a long while

AZORChiefFan
05-29-2007, 12:35 PM
The Salsa Verde ones are here in PHX. I'll trade you guys some for some Guys BBQ chips. Or if they still make Guys Snack Mix.

chagrin
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
The Salsa Verde ones are here in PHX. I'll trade you guys some for some Guys BBQ chips. Or if they still make Guys Snack Mix.

Hey, me first!! :harumph:

chagrin
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
I spotted 2 bags of these "American Classic" Doritos and snagged one......yep, Cheeseburger, strange

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Really? Nobody is going to make fun of this gem?Brutal.

I like the black pepper. Haven't tried the new flavor.

jidar
05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
all of these wacky mother****ing Dorritos are pure shit I tell you. All you need is Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch.

chagrin
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Okay - I was grocery shopping the other day and saw these "Doritos Collision" bags. They have 2 out that I saw, here in Orlando:

Zesty Taco and Chipotle Ranch (in 1 bag)
Also they combined their Blazin Buffalo with Bleu Cheese

I got the zesty taco and ranch ones, fuggin killer.

King_Chief_Fan
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Nasty.

Cheeseburger with pickles none the less

King_Chief_Fan
08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I really liked the guacamole Doritos, but they quit selling them. The bastards. Black pepper jack is my current favorite.

The Fiery Habanero sucks. It has a vile aftertaste. Yuck.

but, if you chase them with a Boulevard Beer.....yeah boy.

Sam Hall
08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
The worst chip I've ever tasted. I had no idea what the flavor tasted like. Reminded me of a nasty salad dressing. Stay with Nacho Cheesier.

chagrin
08-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Dude - they still have them here; I can bring some up on my flight to the bash, if you want