PDA

View Full Version : Does It Get Any Better Than This

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Someone calling you a dumbass whilst being too goddamned stupid to click the correct button on the rep system?

Delicious Irony:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/robrabies/Irony.jpg

banyon
05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
REP Fight!

http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/strange/foot-ball.jpg

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I've never gotten the whole rep thing. I figure if I don't have the balls to say something to somebody out in the open, I shouldn't say it at all.

Adept Havelock
05-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Perhaps stevieray simply wanted to communicate his opinion privately, without throwing out "neg rep".

I say this because I've received a few "disagreement" comments from him along those lines, always attatched to a pos. rep.

I'm certain he's fully aware of how to use the rep system. IMO, he's a pretty bright guy, regardless of our differing perspectives on some issues.

BTW- Thanks for breaking the frame with that pic of your rep. It's called a "reduce" feature. Perhaps I should start a thread whining that Hamas doesn't know how to use the "reduce" feature on his photo app. :p

I've never gotten the whole rep thing. I figure if I don't have the balls to say something to somebody out in the open, I shouldn't say it at all.

I'm inclined to agree.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Perhaps stevieray simply wanted to communicate his opinion privately, without throwing out "neg rep".

I say this because I've received a few "disagreement" comments from him along those lines, always attatched to a pos. rep.

I'm certain he's fully aware of how to use the rep system. IMO, he's a pretty bright guy, regardless of our differing perspectives on some issues.

BTW- Thanks for breaking the frame with that pic of your rep. It's called a "reduce" feature. Perhaps I should start a thread whining that Hamas doesn't know how to use the "reduce" feature on his photo app. :p

I'm inclined to agree.

It made it look too scrunchy :)

Logical
05-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I cannot speak for Stevieray, but I sometimes leave negative comments with positive rep just to communicate without being beligerent.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I cannot speak for Stevieray, but I sometimes leave negative comments with positive rep just to communicate without being beligerent.

Why not just send a PM??

wazu
05-28-2007, 07:08 PM

That's funny. I sometimes do the exact opposite just to be beligerent while making them think I was trying to be nice.

Phobia
05-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I find it incredibly shocking that you've recieved positive rep at all.

stevieray
05-28-2007, 07:17 PM

if anyone deserves positive rep for being a dumbass, it's rosie jenkins.

Mr. Laz
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
yep ...... i've done the same

the rep numbers are pretty meaningless, but it allows you to communicate a little more privately.

stevieray
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
yep ...... i've done the same

the rep numbers are pretty meaningless, but it allows you to communicate a little more privately.

rep! :)

Logical
05-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Why not just send a PM??

Lazy I guess. Rep system is quick

ClevelandBronco
05-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Yeah. That's the way I use it. Pos rep for the posts I agree with, pos rep for the ones I disagree with.

Why bother with neg rep?

I usually save PMs for longer and more important messages.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM

I find it incredibly shocking that you were stupid enough to think you were going to hitch your career prospects to Nick Athan, but I guess you're proof that God needs his mulligans too.

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I find it incredibly shocking that you were stupid enough to think you were going to hitch your career prospects to Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan, but I guess you're proof that God needs his mulligans too.

Now this is plain stupid, Phil has made it clear that it was not a career choice but more a personal passion he was pursuing. He was working his home improvement business the entire time he was working with Nick. Get your facts straight if you are going to try to shovel shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Now this is plain stupid, Phil has made it clear that it was not a career choice but more a personal passion he was pursuing. He was working his home improvement business the entire time he was working with Nick. Get your facts straight if you are going to try to shovel shit.

He was pursuing a personal passion while believing he was going to get over 5 grand (was it) from a poorly-regarded internet 'journalist' whose reputation is worth slightly less than shit, and continued to work for him while not getting paid. If he was pursuing this passion, where do you think he wanted it to lead?? That was my point. I'll remember to elminate all semblance of nuance so that you won't have to protect your playground buddy next time.

Trusting Nick Athan and writing for WarPaint Illustrated, thinking that you are going to turn a buck...

That's not just stupid, that's clinically retarded.

Logical
05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
He was pursuing a personal passion while believing he was going to get over 5 grand (was it) from a poorly-regarded internet 'journalist' whose reputation is worth slightly less than shit, and continued to work for him while not getting paid. If he was pursuing this passion, where do you think he wanted it to lead?? That was my point. I'll remember to elminate all semblance of nuance so that you won't have to protect your playground buddy next time.

Trusting Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and writing for WarPaint Illustrated, thinking that you are going to turn a buck...

That's not just stupid, that's clinically retarded.$500 just became $5000, I know, I know that pesky nuance got me again. Yes I saw the (was it) reference.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-29-2007, 02:06 AM
$500 just became $5000, I know, I know that pesky nuance got me again. Yes I saw the (was it) reference.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3636348&postcount=43

patteeu
05-29-2007, 01:15 PM

I'm inclined to agree.

Just send him a negative positive rep. He'll post the thread for you. ;)

Phobia
05-30-2007, 01:15 PM

Trusting Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and writing for WarPaint Illustrated, thinking that you are going to turn a buck...

That's not just stupid, that's clinically retarded.

I didn't actually expect to feed my family but it is cool being paid for your hobby even if it's not a significant sum of money. You're right, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan is a hack with no future in that arena. I was led to believe he was going to take a back seat and put others in the forefront of the effort (not necessarily myself). I was mislead, obviously. Even today, he continues to tell his faithful that he's going to stop covering the team and build the business behind the scenes. I feel like that model has an opportunity for success, but not with Nick at the helm. There are plenty of "publishers" within the Scout.com network that make enough money to support their families.

Writing for Warpaint was a sideline for me. My job was to build the message board, which I did. In a year I added 3k users and 450+ posts per day. I don't think they've ever even achieved that much growth here at ChiefsPlanet.

If the point you're trying to make is that Phil Kloster is a moron for believing Nick Athan's claims, I can't argue against that. I was truly stupid. I had no idea that guy was as much trouble as I had with him.

go bowe
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
condolences...

working (practically for free) for "the Erroneous One" is not a lot of fun...

congratulations for coming to your senses at last...

besides, we've missed your humor while you were(practically) gone...

missed, i say...

missed...

Cochise
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phobia again.

Adept Havelock
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Just send him a negative positive rep. He'll post the thread for you. ;)

:LOL: