PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Jazz who are you taking?

Gracie Dean
05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I say Spurs win tonight and the next game

meet Detroit for the finals

chagrin
05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
I am not sure, Utah seems to have some Magic going, but I know I want Detroit to take it all

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
The Spurs have a long history of coming back in game 4...

This is theirs....

chagrin
05-28-2007, 08:21 PM
If we get a Pistons/Spurs rematch, I hope they figure out Ginobli this time around, bastards!

KurtCobain
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Spurs rest of the way. Utah got their one win, now the Spurs will continue on to face the Pistons.

Fruit Ninja
05-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Now that the Suns are out it doesnt matter to me. I just wanna see good games. I like defensive match ups. I know they are boring, but i also like pitching duels in baseball, low scoring defensive football games as well. I guess i like games like that becuase when you have a good game like that, the game is bieng played the way its supposed to be played.

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
A Spurs Pistons final............the most boring possible outcome..........good job NBA.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
A Spurs Pistons final............the most boring possible outcome..........good job NBA.

2005 finals went 7 games and was pretty damn good...Good Job NBA!

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:23 PM
2005 finals went 7 games and was pretty damn good...Good Job NBA!

The ratings will be low the Spurs pretty much cause a massive ratings drop every time they're in the finals.

I like the touch fouls Duncan gets....

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
The ratings will be low the Spurs pretty much cause a massive ratings drop every time they're in the finals.

I like the touch fouls Duncan gets....

Who cares what the ratings are??? They are not the most popular team because they dont have a national following...so what???

That doesnt mean they are boring...

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I watch alot of NBA and they are boring........Hey if they're your team great be proud but to outside fan even hardcore NBA fan that is a boring team.

Simply Red
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Pussy move by Manu(sp?) I now hate the Spurs forever.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I watch alot of NBA and they are boring........Hey if they're your team great be proud but to outside fan even hardcore NBA fan that is a boring team.

Tell me why you think they are boring?

Manu and Parker can ball with the best of them...

Duncan, is the quiet, calm, professional superstar.....

They play great team ball.....

I dont understand why people cant appreaciate this team more??

I guess people like to watch teams they "love to hate"

Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, Red Sox etc.....

KCFalcon59
05-28-2007, 10:33 PM

It's because they need a rapist, wife beater, or drug abuser on the team to make them exciting.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:34 PM
It's because they need a rapist, wife beater, or drug abuser on the team to make them exciting.

Quite honestly.....you are exactly right....

Its a shame....they are almost too "Boy Scout"

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM

I basically grew up a Wolves fan and I love KG.......I love teams like the Suns.

I'd just much prefer some personality to the Spurs just sheer lack of personality. Duncan is honestly the most boring "star" player I've ever seen.

Duncan gets more praise then KG but I'd much rather watch KG play....

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Spurs. Boozer is too much of a back-stabbing liar.

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Quite honestly.....you are exactly right....

Its a shame....they are almost too "Boy Scout"

I'd like some flash......some flare some excitement........Like I said I love KG he's none of those things but he is 1000 times more exciting than Duncan is.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd like some flash......some flare some excitement........Like I said I love KG he's none of those things but he is 1000 times more exciting than Duncan is.

Cool...you can keep on watching KG..ill watch Duncan grab his 4th title here in a few weeks....

KevB
05-28-2007, 10:37 PM

I don't like them because they bitch and moan at every damn call. Duncan has yet to commit a foul in all his time in the league. Manu has taken over from Vlade as the premier flopper in the league (see recent T on Fisher as exhibit A). Not to mention Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league.
They're boring because they throw the ball in the post every time down on offense, and they play clutch and grab on defense. Slows the game down, and turns it back into the NBA circa 1992.
Are they a good team? Sure, maybe great. They're respected. But that doesn't mean I won't root against them at every opportunity for a multitude of reasons.

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Cool...you can keep on watching KG..ill watch Duncan grab his 4th title here in a few weeks....

KG plays by himself but hey........I'm hoping for Corey Brewer in the draft.......

That title shit is great to argue but when you realize KG has rarely ever played with any other good players........I'm sure he should go out there and win the 1 man title.

And Kev said pretty much what I wanted to say also....

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2007, 10:41 PM
It appears Jazz fans and D. Fisher are classless idiots. There's another reason to take the Spurs.

Mecca
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
You tend to get frustrated when the other team gets every call.......

Fisher got a T for Manu running into him....

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't like them because they bitch and moan at every damn call. Duncan has yet to commit a foul in all his time in the league. Manu has taken over from Vlade as the premier flopper in the league (see recent T on Fisher as exhibit A). Not to mention Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league.
They're boring because they throw the ball in the post every time down on offense, and they play clutch and grab on defense. Slows the game down, and turns it back into the NBA circa 1992.
Are they a good team? Sure, maybe great. They're respected. But that doesn't mean I won't root against them at every opportunity for a multitude of reasons.

I guess i won argue with any or your points except this....the "perception" that the Spurs cant score and play uptempo is wrong. In the Suns series they scored over 100 points against the Suns in 5 out of 6 of those games.

Gracie Dean
05-29-2007, 07:47 AM
the spurs get their fair share of calls

thought it was pretty sad that the Jazz fans were throwing things on the court

they were way more classy back in the day of stockton/malone

Stinger
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM

For someone who "watches alot of NBA" should know you get calls going to the hoop, which the Spurs did, and not 10-12 foot jumper, which the Jazz did. :shake:

KCFalcon59
05-29-2007, 09:17 AM

Fisher got a T for Manu running into him....

It's funny how you see what you want to see. I watched that and thought Manu may have acted a bit, but Fisher did purposely lean in and give him a shoulder as he was running up the court. Probably shouldn't have been called.

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Bet the Spurs to win everything

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
It appears Jazz fans and D. Fisher are classless idiots. There's another reason to take the Spurs.

Fisher a classless idiot? ROFL

Some of the stupid shit posted on this BB never seizes to amaze me.

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Fisher a classless idiot? ROFL

Some of the stupid shit posted on this BB never seizes to amaze me.He was last night (I thought that seemed pretty clear).

By the way, I'm guessing you probably don't see the wonderful irony of your post. Classic. ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
KG plays by himself but hey........I'm hoping for Corey Brewer in the draft.......

That title shit is great to argue but when you realize KG has rarely ever played with any other good players........I'm sure he should go out there and win the 1 man title.

And Kev said pretty much what I wanted to say also....

Do you really think there's that much of a difference in ability between Sczerbiak, Sprewell, Cassell, and Marbury, and Ginobili, Parker, and Stephen Jackson/Sean Elliot or a 200 year old David Robinson?

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
He was last night (I thought that seemed pretty clear).

By the way, I'm guessing you probably don't see the wonderful irony of your post. Classic. ROFL

If you think Fisher is a classless idiot I'll just leave it at that.

Mecca
05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Do you really think there's that much of a difference in ability between Sczerbiak, Sprewell, Cassell, and Marbury, and Ginobili, Parker, and Stephen Jackson/Sean Elliot or a 200 year old David Robinson?

Yes because.........all of those guys aside from Wally were old and had severe attitude problems and Wally isn't very good. Marbury.....they should have done all they could to keep him but that's another one on the organization ****ing up.

Kevin Mchale is a moron.

KevB
05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess i won argue with any or your points except this....the "perception" that the Spurs cant score and play uptempo is wrong. In the Suns series they scored over 100 points against the Suns in 5 out of 6 of those games.

Just because they scored 100 points doesn't mean they play "uptempo". That's a fallacy. They had more possessions because the Suns take early shots (both on the break and in the half-court). The Spurs style didn't change, nor should it with the success they have with it. The still drop it into the post 8 out of 10 times when Duncan is in the game. He takes his time, looks for cutters or double teams, then makes his move. It's not the free flowing game that so many other teams are moving to in the league.

KevB
05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
It's funny how you see what you want to see. I watched that and thought Manu may have acted a bit, but Fisher did purposely lean in and give him a shoulder as he was running up the court. Probably shouldn't have been called.

Manu may have acted a bit? Um, yes, that may have happened. Manu is the king of flop in the league now. I used to really like the guy, but he's turned Spurs games into soccer. Flail with any contact, fall clumsily to the floor and beg for a call. It's disgusting. At some point, the refs are going to get sick of his cries of wolf and he won't get any calls, ever.
Manu came from behind Fisher, with every opportunity to run by him w/o contact. When Fisher felt him on his shoulder, he may have offered a little nudge at the most.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2007, 07:30 PM
It's not the free flowing game that so many other teams are moving to in the league.

Spurs = on their way to 4th title...

Suns and Mavs Zero titles....

Ill take the slower pace....

KevB
05-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Spurs = on their way to 4th title...

Suns and Mavs Zero titles....

Ill take the slower pace....

In the very same paragraph that you pulled the quote above, I clearly stated that the Spurs shouldn't change their style. You're not getting that argument from me. I'm only speaking to the resounding opinion that the Spurs aren't uptempo, and not all that interesting to watch. If you're a Spurs fan, I wouldn't want them to change either. Winning is the ultimate goal.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
In the very same paragraph that you pulled the quote above, I clearly stated that the Spurs shouldn't change their style. You're not getting that argument from me. I'm only speaking to the resounding opinion that the Spurs aren't uptempo, and not all that interesting to watch. If you're a Spurs fan, I wouldn't want them to change either. Winning is the ultimate goal.

We can both agree then.

as a fan, I honestly dont care what style of play my team plays or what sort of "ratings" they get. All I care about is what makes a winning formula.

I feel the same way about the Chiefs. Thats why im not that upset about going from Vermeil ball back to Hermyball.

Hermyball is a proven winner. At least the formula is. Tough D, Run the ball, control the clock.

Execution is another matter....