PDA

View Full Version : Any "mystery shoppers" here?

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I just started mystery shopping for shopncheck.com. Fun stuff, you feel weird writing down things about your interactions with employees at stores and things, but it is kind of fun and rewarding. I got a free membership to Sam's Club from them.

chagrin
05-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm just curious, why did you sign up? I always thought it would be a nifty gig but don't you have to travel around for not much money?

Simply Red
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Any cash? Or free food? :)

Simply Red
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I just started mystery shopping for shopncheck.com. Fun stuff, you feel weird writing down things about your interactions with employees at stores and things, but it is kind of fun and rewarding. I got a free membership to Sam's Club from them.
Not too bad...

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm just curious, why did you sign up? I always thought it would be a nifty gig but don't you have to travel around for not much money?
All of the shops I choose to do are in Topeka, and most of them are places I already go to, or wouldn't mind frequenting for a few bucks. For instance, the Sam's Club deal was for you to sign up for a membership ($40), and buy a few items (of which they would reimburse you for up to ($13). So, that was $53. That's about as good as it gets.

I have an Office Depot one coming up, they will pay me $5 and reimburse me for $5, so that's $10.

It's an easy way to make a little extra cash by buying things I need anyways.

Skip Towne
05-29-2007, 02:16 PM
All of the shops I choose to do are in Topeka, and most of them are places I already go to, or wouldn't mind frequenting for a few bucks. For instance, the Sam's Club deal was for you to sign up for a membership ($40), and buy a few items (of which they would reimburse you for up to ($13). So, that was $53. That's about as good as it gets.

I have an Office Depot one coming up, they will pay me $5 and reimburse me for $5, so that's $10.

Quik Trip uses them. If you could get on with the you could turn pro.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Quik Trip uses them. If you could get on with the you could turn pro.
No Quik trips around here, Skip. :(

chagrin
05-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Okay I see. My Ex wife did that full time and had to travel all over Florida. She got all kinds of free stuff, souonds cool dude :)

journeyscarab
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
If I admitted it then it wouldnt be a mystery!

Iowanian
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not a "mystery shopper" but I was accused of being the "phantom Shitter" in college.(falsely I might add)

Short Leash Hootie
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
you ****ers make me have to be REALLY gay at my job sometimes...

Short Leash Hootie
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
JUST SO YOU KNOW SAUL...turning a shitty shop report in costs people their jobs...and a lot of these people aren't very bright so it's not like it's easy to get a new job...JUST A LITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

journeyscarab
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
JUST SO YOU KNOW SAUL...turning a shitty shop report in costs people their jobs...and a lot of these people aren't very bright so it's not like it's easy to get a new job...JUST A LITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

They took our jobs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSb1Orv_shE

jidar
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM

well then those people should try not sucking ass at their jobs.

Or maybe just killing themselves, whichever is less drastic.

shrek6849
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Nah, never really liked being a narc.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 05:07 PM
well then those people should try not sucking ass at their jobs.

Or maybe just killing themselves, whichever is less drastic.
Agreed.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Do you work in retail?

Pestilence
05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I worked retail in High School and believe me....you have to be retarded to fail at that job.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Ever think that maybe if they were doing their job there wouldn't be a shitty report to turn in?

JimNasium
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not a "mystery shopper" but I was accused of being the "phantom Shitter" in college.(falsely I might add)
Did you live in the Lamda Chi house?

Short Leash Hootie
05-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Ever think that maybe if they were doing their job there wouldn't be a shitty report to turn in?
when you go to a restaurant...

do you really want people suggesting three alcohol drinks, three appetizers, two entrees and two desserts throughout your stay?

Do you really want people checking back every 5 minutes or calling you by your last name when you pay with a credit card?

"Hi, my name is _____, would you like to start with a strawberry margarita, a mojito or a bellini?!"

YOU SOUND LIKE A ****ING RETARD.

You shouldn't be fired from your job because you don't want to sound and be treated like a complete ****ing idiot.

ChiefsFire
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM

do you really want people suggesting three alcohol drinks, three appetizers, two entrees and two desserts throughout your stay?

Do you really want people checking back every 5 minutes or calling you by your last name when you pay with a credit card?

"Hi, my name is _____, would you like to start with a strawberry margarita, a mojito or a bellini?!"

You shouldn't be fired from your job because you don't want to sound and be treated like a complete ****ing idiot.

are you high?

Short Leash Hootie
05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Grandma's Boy is an awesome movie...

Bob Dole
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Did you live in the Lamda Chi house?

****ing townies.

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM

Jimmy Hoffa may be dead, but his spirit lives on.

Simply Red
05-29-2007, 07:14 PM

"Would you two like to hear about tonight's specials?"

"Not if you want to keep your spleen!"

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
If you do well as a mystery shopper, I hear that they eventually give you a van and you drive around with a group of other people and solve mysteries at amusement parks and haunted houses.

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 07:25 PM

There's one clothing store I shop at occasionally where the salespeople will call people by their first name. It makes me want to shove their head into the cash register and slam it and slam it and slam it until the top half of their heads looks like cherry pudding.

cdcox
05-29-2007, 07:26 PM

As soon as they told you about the flare, your should have know it would be like this. It's not Russia, go work at the resturant across the street.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 07:29 PM
There's one clothing store I shop at occasionally where the salespeople will call people by their first name. It makes me want to shove their head into the cash register and slam it and slam it and slam it until the top half of their heads looks like cherry pudding.That's always annoyed me. My first thought is always is, "Wtf? Do I know you?"

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
That's always annoyed me. My first thought is always is, "Wtf? Do I know you?"

Yeah, and they trick me every time. I'll be looking around and holding something that I want to try on, and they'll sidle up and say, "I'll take that to the dressing room so you don't have to carry it around." That seems nice, so I hand it over. Then they say, "What's your name?", implying that they need to put my name on it while it waits for me. I'll automatically give my name before I think about it, and then I slap my forehead when the woman says, "Okay, Kevin. Is there anything else I can help you with, Kevin? Oh, and Kevin, did you see the new pants over there?"

At some point, I'll remember in time and give them some sort of Thai name. "My name is Dokathatawatamanipanisorvatham."

Mosbonian
05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, and they trick me every time. I'll be looking around and holding something that I want to try on, and they'll sidle up and say, "I'll take that to the dressing room so you don't have to carry it around." That seems nice, so I hand it over. Then they say, "What's your name?", implying that they need to put my name on it while it waits for me. I'll automatically give my name before I think about it, and then I slap my forehead when the woman says, "Okay, Kevin. Is there anything else I can help you with, Kevin? Oh, and Kevin, did you see the new pants over there?"

At some point, I'll remember in time and give them some sort of Thai name. "My name is Dokathatawatamanipanisorvatham."

Then they will start answering you with "O.K. Doka"

mmaddog

Iowanian
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Saul told on Hootie for being a shitty waitress and now she has to work at Flingers.

Demonpenz
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
hi vee is supposed to call you by their name. Thats why i get a real good look at the name tag and barely even look at them. Then when they are like. Have a good night demon walk and and go. SCREW YOU STEPANIE