PDA

View Full Version : Spurs in the finals ...yea baby

Gracie Dean
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
took the series 4-1 won tonight by a huge margin. 4th quarter Pops took most of the starters out.

great game

I don't care who they play cavs or pistons...they have it

Deberg_1990
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Id like to see a Spurs/Pistons rematch....

Demonpenz
05-30-2007, 10:42 PM
the spurs are like denzel in training day "Surgical with this jake"

BWillie
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
They are going down to the King. Be ready to be witnesses. A new ERA of NBA shall begin.

Ebolapox
05-31-2007, 12:20 AM
it's a rare pam siting... guess ol' neeeepa got boring, eh?

wazu
05-31-2007, 12:23 AM
OMG NOSEWAD IS BACK!

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Pistons/Spurs would be an interesting matchup if the Pistons had anybody who could stop Duncan. Webber will disappear against San Antonio.

When they had Ben Wallace, it took the Spurs 7 games to win, and the Pistons even built a decent lead in the 4th quarter of Game 7.

So obviously the Pistons won't hang longer than 5 games. Nobody on the Cavs can guard Duncan either, nor Ginobli or Parker. It'll be a 4 game sweep.

I just love watching the Pistons, though, so I'd like to see them advance. They've got the perfect cast of attitudes for a sports team. LeBron had to hit a couple FTs to put them away in Game 4, and right as he's stepping up to the line, Rip Hamilton steps in his way and LeBron has to push him just to get to the line.

That's a team, baby.

ChiefsCountry
05-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Spurs/Pistons final. Not sexy but it would be good basketball. Now for everybody who bitches and moans about the NBA this is a final for them.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Now for everybody who bitches and moans about the NBA this is a final for them.
Not really. People who bitch and moan about the NBA prefer teams like the Suns and the Warriors; flashy teams that play nominal defense, so games look more like streetball and less like professional basketball.

People who prefer professional basketball the way it's supposed to be played -- savvy, defense, mind games, role players who'll do all the dirty work, star players dominating on both ends, and matchups, matchups, matchups -- this series is for them.

I'm only sad we won't get to see Ben Wallace v. Duncan. That'll be a major kink in the Pistons' plans and it'll doom the series to 5 games, if not a complete sweep.

acesn8s
05-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Not really. People who bitch and moan about the NBA prefer teams like the Suns and the Warriors; flashy teams that play nominal defense, so games look more like streetball and less like professional basketball.

People who prefer professional basketball the way it's supposed to be played -- savvy, defense, mind games, role players who'll do all the dirty work, star players dominating on both ends, and matchups, matchups, matchups -- this series is for them.

I'm only sad we won't get to see Ben Wallace v. Duncan. That'll be a major kink in the Pistons' plans and it'll doom the series to 5 games, if not a complete sweep.No. People who complain about the NBA are the ones who wonder "When will this shit end?"

:banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 02:27 AM

I'm only sad we won't get to see Ben Wallace v. Duncan. That'll be a major kink in the Pistons' plans and it'll doom the series to 5 games, if not a complete sweep.

The only way that the game is supposed to be played is cleanly and to win.

The Suns and Warriors don't play street ball, they actually play a European style. Streetball was what was prevalent in the late 90's with one guy iso'ing every play.

The Spurs play their style well, but it isn't inherently a "purer" style of basketball than any other.

Sanka
05-31-2007, 07:59 AM
The NBA isn't going to allow Detroit to advance to the Finals.

El Jefe
05-31-2007, 09:54 AM
I cant stand LBJ, and in general I hate the Cavs, so I would like to see Detroit get spanked by the Spurs in the finals.

Pushead2
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
In general i hate Basketball, the sissy calls are soooo annoying.

kc hopeful
05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Since the Mavs bit the dust.......

Go Spurs!

Mecca
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Spurs/Pistons final. Not sexy but it would be good basketball. Now for everybody who bitches and moans about the NBA this is a final for them.

Of course I would hate that final......

Deberg_1990
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Of course I would hate that final......

But u would still watch....