PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Weekly ranks the Chiefs

Count Alex's Losses
05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
SoCalBronco was kind enough to transcribe this.

Jared Allen #7 DE - Allen uses quickness to terrorize left tackles. Also, scouts note that he's quite strong for a player his size. Doesn't quit on the play and makes plays in pursuit. Not especially strong vs. the run, and he needs to play with better leverage. Stood out in 2006 to coaches and scouts alike

Tamba Hali #24 DE - No scouting report

Napoleon Harris #20 MLB - No scouting report

Derrick Johnson #7 OLB - Johnson is well-suited for the weak side (?). He's big and athletic and will rack up the tackles when he can simply run to the ball. Strong in pass coverage. The knock on Johnson: He's not as physical as some scouts would like. He would rather slip blockers than engage them.

Patrick Surtain # 23 CB - No scouting report

Ty Law # 18 CB - No scouting report

Bernard Pollard was listed as a "top veteran prospect."

Damion McIntosh #31 OT - No scouting report

Brian Waters # 7 OG - Waters is an explosive, powerful guard who has been dominant at times in the running game. Some scouts would like to see him finish plays a little stronger.

Casey Wiegmann # 13 C - Weigmann turns 34 in July, but he's still a capable starter. Weigmann has overcome a lack of size (6-2, 285) throughout his career by using his quickness to get an edge. His footwork is quite good, and he can get to the second level. Moves well laterally. Isn't the strongest center around and is not explosive, but hw knows how to play the game, and the Chiefs use him correctly.

Tony Gonzalez # 2 TE - Still one of the league's more dependable pass catchers at his position. Gonzalez remains the top target in Kansas City. Gonzalez's consistency- nine consecutive seasons of 59 catches or more- is all the more impressive when you consider the Chiefs's wide recievers have rarely scared the opposition in recent years. Gonzalez's durability is also quite impressive; he has played 158 of 160 regualr season games in 10 NFL seasons. He isn't quite hte big play threat he was earlier in his career, but the Chiefs' decision to extend his contract last season is an indication that the team believes he can still play at a high level.

Green # 23 QB - No scouting report

Larry Johnson # 2 RB - For much of the last two seasons, Johnson has been one of the NFL's most reliable running backs. He has also been one of the league's most brilliant runners- a bruiser who has an extra gear, too. Johnson was regarded as a handful to deal with, off the field, earlier in his career, but there is little doubt about his wilingness to take the ball on gameday. Johnson took an NFL record 416 handoffs last season; Chiefs fans and league executives alike are interested to see how he responds after carrying such a heavy load.

Team grades:

QBs- C
RBs- A
WRs- C
OL- D
DL- B-
LB- B
DB- B
ST- B

Projected 2007 record: 9-7

chiefbowe82
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
our linebackers rate the same as the defensive backs?

greg63
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I think that given our "O" line situation and the schedule we must endure that the projected 2007 record is very generous. JMHO

Tribal Warfare
05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
The knock on Johnson: He's not as physical as some scouts would like. He would rather slip blockers than engage them.

ROFL

it seems that he only read the 2005 Draft scouting magazine to get that quality analysis

Fairplay
05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know why there are no scouting reports on some of those players, not even Ty Law..lol.

The grades for postions i think are fair for the most part.

Perhaps a bit generous with DB grade IMO.

Fish
05-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Derrick Johnson #7 OLB - Johnson is well-suited for the weak side (?). He's big and athletic and will rack up the tackles when he can simply run to the ball. Strong in pass coverage. The knock on Johnson: He's not as physical as some scouts would like. He would rather slip blockers than engage them.

They're still bringing this up?

Does anyone think this is a problem for DJ? Am I missing something?

Direckshun
05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I think that was as fair a report on the Chiefs as I've seen from the credentialed media.

Zero complaints from me, though I believe they ranked Harris and McIntosh about 10 spots too low.

Direckshun
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Brian Waters # 7 OG - Waters is an explosive, powerful guard who has been dominant at times in the running game. Some scouts would like to see him finish plays a little stronger.
They may be right...

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/screenpass.gif

...or they may be full of crap.