PDA

View Full Version : Why I am Dying to Get Morgan

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 12:36 AM
Browns | Draft Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:08 ET: Tony Grossi reports for the Plain Dealer despite the off-season re-tooling of his linebacker crew, Cleveland Browns coach Butch Davis seems to be serious about adding Miami LB Dan Morgan via the NFL Draft. Although Morgan is by far the top-rated linebacker in this draft, nobody envisioned him being taken in the top five. When discussing Morgan being picked at No. 3, Davis said, "It could happen." Davis added, "Think of it in these terms: If you thought you could add Ray Lewis, who was the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year, why wouldn't you?"

As most of you know, this is how I have felt all along but I have been waiting for Butch to comment on him...Cause nobody is going to know more about Morgan's value than his college coach...If Butch is willing to spend the 3rd overall pick on this guy then that is all you need to know about his value....

If there is a God, please let Morgan be selected by the Chiefs tomorrow...

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 04:52 PM
Front page please...I posted this earlier today when the site was puting the wrong date on the post...Still wanted to share this thought

keg in kc
04-20-2001, 04:54 PM
I don't think Morgan will make it out of the top 10...

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:55 PM
I think Morgan is the only first round defensive player we should take without trading down...

And if Morgan can keep us from trading for Green, I'll sign a petition or start a protest...whatever....

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 05:14 PM
He shouldn't fall out of the top 10 but but as one of our peers once said many of the NFL management has been marching in the stupidity parade for quite some time...

morphius
04-20-2001, 05:15 PM
This was kind of an interesting article on Morgan, old stuff to most I'm sure, but gives a person some reasons to like having this guy on your D.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20010419/ap-draft-morgan.html

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 05:24 PM
Morph,

That is a good article that I had not seen...I have never seen a player coming out that epitomizes everything I would ever want in a draft pick...Until this year....

It is going to break my heart to see him kicking peoples teeth in week in and week out for 10 years in someone elses uni....

morphius
04-20-2001, 05:26 PM
jl80 - I'm one of the people here that believes we could get buy with our LB's just fine, with a coaching improvement of course, but that article is enough to make me drool at the thought of him in a Chiefs uniform.

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 05:35 PM
I hate giving up draft picks more than just about anyone but I feel so strongly about this guy making us a winner for the next decade that I would give up just about any or all of our picks to get this guy...IMO he is a once in a decade type player...

Rausch
04-20-2001, 05:35 PM
I think we're ok a d line, but man, Patton is 36/37 and Mad Mike is going to be asked to play out of position at lolb...

I'd love to draft a stud, and have Mad Mike as a back up for any of the three positions....

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 05:38 PM
I think Morgan, Edwards and Maz would give us a LB corp that is the best in the league...Even better than Baltimore

Rausch
04-20-2001, 05:39 PM
Not better than Baltimore....

But being second only to Baltimore is still PRETTY DAMNED GOOD!

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 05:45 PM
I would take it over Baltimore...Morgan and Edwards would give us two LB's that have 4.5 speed and the versatility to play inside or out...And Maz brings and intensity that will match up with Morgans fire...Those two will only make Edwards a tougher nastier player by osmosis...

CanadaKC
04-20-2001, 06:05 PM
I say we pull the ultimate shocker, and draft New Jersey Devils' defenceman Scott Stevens in the 7th round as our inside linebacker. He should be all healed-up once the NHL playoffs are over. He's already knocked two Carolina Hurricanes out of the playoffs with concussions, and that's only after four games in the first round! We won't even talk about the Lindros hit last year. It speaks for itself. He may be a little shaky in cleats rather than skates, but he hits like Morgan. He may not be the real deal, but after Morgan, the pickings are slim.

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 06:11 PM
Or Miroslav Satan and play him anywhere on the defensive side of the ball....I think it would be very intimidating to have a guy running around in a red Chiefs jersey that says SATAN on the back