PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing in the World Series of Poker?

ChiefaRoo
05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Starts tomorrow. Anyone, Bueller, anyone? I'm playing on Saturday. If any of you pugs wants to be part of my posse feel free to sign on.

ChiefaRoo
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
C'mon who wants to be in the posse? Space is limited. I need some ho's too. What's Carlotta up to?

BWillie
05-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Soo your sayin' your spotting me the 10K to the main event? Ok deal. I'm in.

Saulbadguy
05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll play but I don't know how.

ChiefaRoo
05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Soo your sayin' your spotting me the 10K to the main event? Ok deal. I'm in.

No, I'll be doing the playing. You can be Head of Ho appropriations. It's up to you. The pay? $30 bucks an hour but you have to keep the room stocked with Ho's.

Bob Dole
06-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Well? How did you do?

ChiefaRoo
06-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Well? How did you do?

I played in the $1,500 event and cashed for $3,888. I'm playing tomorrow in the $1,000 rebuy NL hold'em event at noon Vegas time. I'm playing the best poker I've ever played and am looking to do well unless of course I simply get unlucky. When I played the $1,500 I did very little gambling and made NO significant mistakes after playing for 13 hours straight. All in all so far so good. Thanks for asking. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-05-2007, 03:53 AM
I played in the $1,500 event and cashed for $3,888. I'm playing tomorrow in the $1,000 rebuy NL hold'em event at noon Vegas time. I'm playing the best poker I've ever played and am looking to do well unless of course I simply get unlucky. When I played the $1,500 I did very little gambling and made NO significant mistakes after playing for 13 hours straight. All in all so far so good. Thanks for asking. :)

How'd you bust?

ChiefaRoo
06-05-2007, 04:01 AM
How'd you bust?

I didn't go out in one hand really. I had JJ in the small blind with only one standard raise ahead of me. I re-raised and big blind calls (he has 1/2 the chips I do) and then the flop comes small with no ace. I put BB and the other guy on an ace or smaller cards so I come out firing after early postion checks. My bet gets BB to go all in, early postion folds and I think about it and call. The queens hold up and it puts me at about 20X the big blind instead of closer to 50X with some serious chips. I play for 3 more hours and get NO cards and my table had two HUGE stacks that I have to contend with. I steal a few blinds and make it to the money at the end of the first day. On day two I only have around $7,500 in chips with Blinds at 1000/2000 with a 300 ante. I go all in on the third hand with 8 10 of diamonds (had too) in the big blind and lose to a pair or sevens as no diamonds or 8/10's hit. Good tournament but my style is somewhat conservative and it comes down to winning a few big pots. (I guess my poker style is a little like Martyball but it's the Sandy Eggo version not the early 90's Chiefs version). I am going to open my game up a little bit and play more suited small cards and hope I hit and see if I can steal under the gun with a nice raise pre-flop before the blinds get too big. If it works out I'll chip up and will be able to wait for more premium hands.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-05-2007, 04:09 AM
I didn't go out in one hand really. I had JJ in the small blind with only one standard raise ahead of me. I re-raised and big blind calls (he has 1/2 the chips I do) and then the flop comes small with no ace. I put BB and the other guy on an ace or smaller cards so I come out firing after early postion checks. My bet gets BB to go all in, early postion folds and I think about it and call. The queens hold up and it puts me at about 20X the big blind instead of closer to 50X with some serious chips. I play for 3 more hours and get NO cards and my table had two HUGE stacks that I have to contend with. I steal a few blinds and make it to the money at the end of the first day. On day two I only have around $7,500 in chips with Blinds at 1000/2000 with a 300 ante. I go all in on the third hand with 8 10 of diamonds (had too) in the big blind and lose to a pair or sevens as no diamonds or 8/10's hit. Good tournament but my style is somewhat conservative and it comes down to winning a few big pots. (I guess my poker style is a little like Martyball but it's the Sandy Eggo version not the early 90's Chiefs version). I am going to open my game up a little bit and play more suited small cards and hope I hit and see if I can steal under the gun with a nice raise pre-flop before the blinds get too big. If it works out I'll chip up and will be able to wait for more premium hands.

I'm surprised that the Queens didn't reraise you preflop. But then again, it depends on how much he had left. Tough break, JJ is a tough hand to play. Fifth Best starting hand, but it's so vulnerable to paint flops.

A word of advice: If you aren't comfortable playing small suited connectors, don't do it. Do you have experience playing more loose-aggressive, or is this something you're going to try out tomorrow?

Hope the table dynamics are right to where you can play your strategy. There's nothing worse than having a maniac on your left.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm surprised that the Queens didn't reraise you preflop. But then again, it depends on how much he had left. Tough break, JJ is a tough hand to play. Fifth Best starting hand, but it's so vulnerable to paint flops.

A word of advice: If you aren't comfortable playing small suited connectors, don't do it. Do you have experience playing more loose-aggressive, or is this something you're going to try out tomorrow?

Hope the table dynamics are right to where you can play your strategy. There's nothing worse than having a maniac on your left.

QQ just let me lead into him so as not to reveal his hand. He knew I was probably coming and took the risk to win more of my money.

I do have experience playing smaller suited connectors but I usually don't play K10 suited or 34 suited. I think I need to look at playing some other junk hands in positon like J9 suited. It'll make me less predictable. You just have to play to win the game to quote Herm. If you get tight and don't risk you can really get your ass handed to you over time. The key is to be surging right around the time the money bubble is beginning tighten everyone up. I have already cashed once and don't get a woody over doing it anymore. I want to go deep into the tournament where the big bucks are. The only way to do that is to gamble a bit (intelligently) and that gamble is contingent on reading people not cards so much.

By the way I played 9 plus hours today in the $1,000 re-buy tournament (invested 2k) and finished out of the money. Just not my day. I did win $1K playing blackjack and bought my way into the $2k event tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back out there at noon.

By the way Shannon Elizabeth looked gorgeous tonight. What a cutie. She even seem like a nice girl and not some pretentious movie star. Further, she a very good poker player which denotes intelligence and that I find even more impressive.

Cheers.

ClevelandBronco
06-06-2007, 01:51 AM

Sounds like you played it right.

Marty's problem: He was a grinder.