PDA

View Full Version : LeBron putting on one of the most amazing shows.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
LeBron has 43 points in a still-ongoing Game 5, 1:35 left in double overtime, 104-104.

He's scored 25 of the Cavs' last 26.

It's really something to behold, but this is a classic battle of team vs. individual, and Detroit's won that battle far too many times to fall now.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Detroit's crowd sucks, by the way.

It's been quiet all game.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Chris Webber, 3 point play.

Doesn't matter, because James takes it down the floor and cans another 3.

107-107.

LeBron has 46, 28 of the Cavs' last 29.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Detroit committed 3 fouls on that possession alone.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Both teams squander good opportunities, and the score hasn't changed.

11.4 left. Tie game. Cleveland ball.

I wonder who they're going to give it to.

Silock
Geezus. Varejao got fouled on the floor with no call.

But yeah, LeBron is putting on a freak show right now.

Oh wait, I mean "The NBA sucks." /ChiefsPlanet

'Hamas' Jenkins
It would be great for the NBA if LeBron made it to the finals, even if/when San Antonio sweeps them.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Detroit committed 3 fouls on that possession alone.
No they didn't.

Honestly, this game's been called as tight as any I've watched, and it's resulted in the eventual ejections in four different players.

If there was any improper contact, it would have been called.

Rudy lost the toss
05-31-2007, 09:53 PM
It's amazing what LeBron can do when he stops playing like Nash and starts playing like Jordan

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
LeBron FTW!!!

Basileus777
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice defense there...

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
JAMES TAKES IT TO THE HOLE.

109, 107. 2.2 LEFT.

TERRIBLE defense.

LeBron has 48, and 30 of the Cavs' last 31, including the last 25 points straight.

Delano
Haha, to the hole!

Direckshun
It's amazing what LeBron can do when he stops playing like Nash and starts playing like Jordan
Very, very true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I was bitching for them to run a high screen and roll there, but Detroit just said "f*ck it, we aren't going to give help D to the guy who has scored 25 straight points".

Dunit35
Damn he's a stud. I'm not a cavs fan but this game is good. Pretty sure I passed up sex to watch this.

Direckshun
Billups bricks. Game over.

Cleveland up 3-2. LeBron visibly exhausted.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Mike Brown: "I love you LeBron, you almost make me look like an NBA-caliber coach."

Silock
05-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Damn he's a stud. I'm not a cavs fan but this game is good. Pretty sure I passed up sex to watch this.

TiVo to the rescue.

Rudy lost the toss
Mike Brown: "I love you LeBron, you almost make me look like an NBA-caliber coach."
ROFL

Direckshun
The two biggest guys for the Pistons, Billips and Wallace, didn't show up for about 80% of this game. That was the real reason the Pistons lost this game.

Listening to every interview the Pistons give, they're simply not intense enough right now to be on the same floor as the Cavs. I believe the Pistons to be the better team, but let there be no doubt which team (and which player) wants it the most.

Basileus777
Saunders is retarded. He simply isn't the type of strong hand coach for that team. They lose focus very quickly...Larry Brown always kept them in check. Oh well...Cavs 1 win away from the Finals...pretty big NBA day comes to a fitting end.

Cav's or Pistons whoever wins is going to be exhausted against the Spurs.

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 09:58 PM
TiVo to the rescue.

Yeah, would've used it too.

Pitt Gorilla
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
That was an incredible game. The officials seemed to want Detroit to win, but LeBron wouldn't let them. Nobody could stop him when he decided to take it to the rack. Go Cavs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The two biggest guys for the Pistons, Billips and Wallace, didn't show up for about 80% of this game. That was the real reason the Pistons lost this game.

Listening to every interview the Pistons give, they're simply not intense enough right now to be on the same floor as the Cavs. I believe the Pistons to be the better team, but let there be no doubt which team (and which player) wants it the most.

That team has too many cancers on it to succeed without a Mussolini-like presence at the fore.

They got their title, and most of them don't really give a f*ck about getting a second.

Demonpenz
lebran is a mix between magic, jordon, and Oscar roberson

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Saunders is retarded. He simply isn't the type of strong hand coach for that team. They lose focus very quickly...Larry Brown always kept them in check. Oh well...Cavs 1 win away from the Finals...pretty big NBA day comes to a fitting end.

Cav's or Pistons whoever wins is going to be exhausted against the Spurs.

Both coaches are completely incompetent.

Mike Brown makes Doug Collins look like Red Auerbach and Flip Saunders couldn't lead a whore to bed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM

From a playmaking standpoint, he's a poor man's Magic with Michael Jordan's athleticism.

In all, that adds up to an unbelievable talent.

He's not and won't be Jordan, he lacks the ruthless competitiveness, IMO, (in spite of what just happened), but he can still be one of the 5 best players ever.

HolmeZz
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Best I've ever seen LeBron look.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
That team has too many cancers on it to succeed without a Mussolini-like presence at the fore.

They got their title, and most of them don't really give a f*ck about getting a second.
Well, I won't agree about Detroit's passion, but I can say that at this level, it's all heart. That's the only reason a team like the Golden State Warriors could beat the Dallas Mavericks.

Cavaliers clearly want it more, without a doubt. The energy from James, Gibson, Verajao, and Ilgauskas has not been matched on the other side of the ball from anybody outside of the always-pumped Rasheed.

Edit: That was a bogus ejection of Antonio McDyess, by the way, and it may have cost the Pistons the game. That guy is a far better interior defender than Webber, and he's money on 15-footers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Best I've ever seen LeBron look.

He did have a pretty big whitehead on his chin, though.

ChiefsCountry
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
He's not and won't be Jordan, he lacks the ruthless competitiveness, IMO, (in spite of what just happened), but he can still be one of the 5 best players ever.

I agree, but I dont think we will ever a see Jordan again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, I won't agree about Detroit's passion, but I can say that at this level, it's all heart. That's the only reason a team like the Golden State Warriors could beat the Dallas Mavericks.

Cavaliers clearly want it more, without a doubt. The energy from James, Gibson, Verajao, and Ilgauskas has not been matched on the other side of the ball from anybody outside of the always-pumped Rasheed.

Not to be a troll, but...Golden State beat Dallas because Nellie knows the Mavs better than Avery does. They owned them in the RS and the PS. Plus, Jackson, Baron Davis, and Jason Richardson are very tough matchups for them, and Dallas didn't have a low post scorer to force GS out of small ball.

Direckshun
Honestly, I think LeBron could be the next Jordan.

He's playing as well as Jordan's ever played right now.

Question is whether he can sustain that level of excellence for 10 years like Jordan did.

ChiefsCountry
Can't wait till Wade gets healthy again, him and Lebron will be some battles in the future. By the way - Lebron still needs that other superstar with him to win a title.

Direckshun
05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Not to be a troll, but...Golden State beat Dallas because Nellie knows the Mavs better than Avery does. They owned them in the RS and the PS. Plus, Jackson, Baron Davis, and Jason Richardson are very tough matchups for them, and Dallas didn't have a low post scorer to force GS out of small ball.
Mavericks approached that series with zero intensity, Golden State approached it with truckloads.

Endgame right there, if you ask me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree, but I dont think we will ever a see Jordan again.

Tiger Woods is the closest thing.

The odds of an athlete being the most talented, the most competitive, and the hardest worker are just too low.

Michael Jordan would kill everyone on that floor to win. For people who have so much natural talent, that's a very hard thing to find, because they never have to fight for it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:13 PM

Question is whether he can sustain that level of excellence for 10 years like Jordan did.

C'mon, man.

Michael Jordan averaged 37 ppg for a season in a more talented league with rules that made it much harder for perimeter players to score than in today's league.

He scored 63 points on the road against one of the greatest teams of all time, primarily on drives, against a team who had the greatest front line in NBA history.

Demonpenz
05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
you see how broad lebrons shoulders are. I wonder if he burned so many cals tonight if he burned a mound of muscle or so

BWillie
That's ridiculous.

Michael Jordan averaged 37 ppg for a season in a more talented league with rules that made it much harder for perimeter players to score than in today's league.

He scored 63 points on the road against one of the greatest teams of all time, primarily on drives, against a team who had the greatest front line in NBA history.

How do we know that league was more talented? It's very hard to judge the actual talent level of each league unless you put the actual teams up against each other. Lebron, Carmelo and every other guy coming into the league idolized Jordan growing up when NBA was in it's hayday. Basketball was King in the Jordan Era, and it spilled into the streets making more kids want to learn how to play and excel in the game than ever before. I don't think we'll ever know what era's had the most talented players for sure.

Direckshun
C'mon, man.

That's fair.

banyon
05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
This was easily the best playoff performance I have seen for years. 29 out of the last 30?

LOL at BARKLEY, "He burned down the Silverdome already, now it's too late Pistons, he burned down the Palace! LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
05-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Every game in this series has been good. Marshall hits the shot in game one and this series is over.

I hope the Cavs take the series and someone sends Boozer a "sorry you're not here" fruit basket.

Tribal Warfare
05-31-2007, 10:24 PM

Lebron is a hybrid of Magic Johnson and Karl Malone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:26 PM
How do we know that league was more talented? It's very hard to judge the actual talent level of each league unless you put the actual teams up against each other. Lebron, Carmelo and every other guy coming into the league idolized Jordan growing up when NBA was in it's hayday. Basketball was King in the Jordan Era, and it spilled inot the streets making kids want to play the game even more. I don't think we'll ever know what era's had the most talented players for sure.

Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon, Magic Johnson, Kareem, Robert Parish, McHale, Bird, Worthy, Bernard King, Ewing, Jordan, Zeke Thomas, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Tom Chambers, Dominique Wilkins, Adrian Dantley, Moses Malone, Mo Cheeks, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing.

All active when Jordan put in 63 at the Garden. I think that most NBA analysts/experts will argue that the 80's were the halcyon of basketball in this country.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Lebron is a hybrid of Magic Johnson and Karl Malone.

Karl Malone was the biggest choke artist of his generation. Great player, micrometer sized nuts in the clutch.

Silock
05-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Except at the free throw line.

Tribal Warfare
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Karl Malone was the biggest choke artist of his generation. Great player, micrometer sized nuts in the clutch.

and Magic Johnson? Okay to alleviate the situation Oscar Robertson

KevB
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
That was very Jordan-esque. It's the first time I've seen LeBron in that mode....where everyone watching knows he's taking every shot, and everyone also knows with every fiber of their being that he's going to make it. With that said, Jordan had these types of games routinely. LeBron has a ways to go.....but why does he have to be the next Jordan? As someone said earlier....he can wind up something less than Jordan, but still top 5 all time. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'd just like to see him on a team that actually had a couple of other guys that can play.

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
That was very Jordan-esque. It's the first time I've seen LeBron in that mode....where everyone watching knows he's taking every shot, and everyone also knows with every fiber of their being that he's going to make it. With that said, Jordan had these types of games routinely. LeBron has a ways to go.....but why does he have to be the next Jordan? As someone said earlier....he can wind up something less than Jordan, but still top 5 all time. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'd just like to see him on a team that actually had a couple of other guys that can play.

Don't watch a lot of basketball, but it was obvious that he could use help. What type of help does he need?

1. A talented big man that can put up points?
2. A sure handed PG that is more of a passer and defender then shooter?
3. Someone like Scottie Pippen that can take the pressure off him?

Demonpenz
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM

the big o

BWillie
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Don't watch a lot of basketball, but it was obvious that he could use help. What type of help does he need?

1. A talented big man that can put up points?
2. A sure handed PG that is more of a passer and defender then shooter?
3. Someone like Scottie Pippen that can take the pressure off him?

Doesn't matter. When the Bulls trade to get Kobe it won't matter. Kobe to Chicago for Gordon, Nocioni, a first rounder, and cash. Chicago would go 68-14 next year.

ChiefsCountry
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Doesn't matter. When the Bulls trade to get Kobe it won't matter. Kobe to Chicago for Gordon, Nocioni, a first rounder, and cash. Chicago would go 68-14 next year.

Sorry that aint happening. Kobe is going to get Jermaine O'Neal as his running mate.

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Isn't there two gordons on that team? That first rounder would have to be the #1 overall pick for me to even pick up the phone.

KurtCobain
05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Lebron's a bust.

RadeAM
05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
wrestling with the big dogs

chuxtrux
05-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Tonight LeBron was in Jordan/Kobe mode and it paid off. A hell of a performance. I wish he would be selfish like that more often

RadeAM
05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought he should have wrestled more with the big dogs

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 12:38 AM

For the tenth f*cking time. That can't happen. Look at how the NBA's salary cap is structured. Nocioni and Gordon make less than half of what Kobe does.

You have to make the salaries match

BWillie
06-01-2007, 01:00 AM
For the tenth f*cking time. That can't happen. Look at how the NBA's salary cap is structured. Nocioni and Gordon make less than half of what Kobe does.

Hey a guy can dream can't he? That is why I included "cash". Can't they do that? I don't check up on how much each guy makes daily, so I wouldn't know. I just checked Ben Wallace makes 16 Mil and Kobe makes 17 mil. Isn't that sad? I still can't get over why the hell the Bulls paid an aging Ben Wallace who is becoming less productive each year 16 mill. Highly doubt the Lakers would want anything of that. Sonabitch

Rudy lost the toss
06-01-2007, 01:15 AM

How About Ray Allen and the #2 pick for Kobe?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM

If you were Seattle, why would you make that trade?? You could get 15 years of Kevin Durant, or 6-7 of Kobe Bryant. And no way would Kobe sign off on that. Kobe, Wilcox, and Rashard Lewis isn't any better of a nucleus than what he has in LA right now.

There really aren't any Kobe-related trades that make any sense except for Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams and a future 1st for Kobe. If ATL drafted Conley, then you'd have a starting lineup of

Kobe
Childress
Josh Smith,
Conley
Pachulia

You can bring Shelden Williams off the bench, and Salim Stoudamire to stretch the D. Speedy Claxton is a good backup PG.

Even then, that team still leaves something to be desired. It would be 3rd or 4th best in the east, but not a serious contender.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Most likely, you'll have J. O'Neal go to LA for a package of Odom, Bynum and Turiaf.

That would leave the Lakers with Kobe as the clear cut Alpha, with a very good second banana in O'Neal, Walton, Farmar, Radmonovic/Vujacic

KevB
06-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Most likely, you'll have J. O'Neal go to LA for a package of Odom, Bynum and Turiaf.

That would leave the Lakers with Kobe as the clear cut Alpha, with a very good second banana in O'Neal, Walton, Farmar, Radmonovic/Vujacic

....and still wouldn't be a top 3 team in the West. San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah, Golden St., Portland.....I don't like the Lakers chances at all. O'Neal is injury prone (much like Odom), and they still wouldn't have a point guard. It wouldn't surprise me to see this deal happen though.

Simmons had a handful of trades related to Kobe (which is where I assume you got the Hawks deal), and none of them really work for one reason or another. There's just no way the Lakers trade Kobe. He sells tickets, period and end of story. They'll do something this offseason to calm Kobe down a bit, and all will be right with LA (until they come in 5th or 6th in the West next season).

Anyong Bluth
06-01-2007, 09:50 AM
....and still wouldn't be a top 3 team in the West. San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah, Golden St., Portland.....I don't like the Lakers chances at all. O'Neal is injury prone (much like Odom), and they still wouldn't have a point guard. It wouldn't surprise me to see this deal happen though.

Simmons had a handful of trades related to Kobe (which is where I assume you got the Hawks deal), and none of them really work for one reason or another. There's just no way the Lakers trade Kobe. He sells tickets, period and end of story. They'll do something this offseason to calm Kobe down a bit, and all will be right with LA (until they come in 5th or 6th in the West next season).

Still won't matter in 2-3 years when Portland is ritually b!tchslapping the entire Eastern & Western Conf. SICK, SICK lineup they're gonna have.

Coogs
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM

If the Sonics move to KC, would you want Kobe or Durrant? I would much prefer Durrant.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM

Read the Simmons article, but I made that trade myself on the ESPN trade machine before he did.

Months of playing NBA 2K7 with the Hawks as my 'chise has me well versed in their roster and the cap.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
If the Sonics move to KC, would you want Kobe or Durrant? I would much prefer Durrant.

Durant ensured that the Sonics won't move.

Anyong Bluth
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Durant ensured that the Sonics won't move.

Its not about Durant coming, the city has basically decided to do nothing about getting a new arena, and this guy bought the Sonics to move them to his hometown. KC would make the most sense with the new Sprint Center and AEG giving a great deal, but I think this guy is bringing them to OKC regardless.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Oklahoma City businessman who owns the SuperSonics says he is losing hope that a way will be found to keep the NBA team in Seattle.

"I'm probably as pessimistic as I've been," Clay Bennett told The Oklahoman Tuesday. "Not to say I've lost complete hope. We'll evaluate thoroughly any potential lead, but we're out of ideas."

Bennett said he has begun preliminary discussions with Oklahoma City and Kansas City about possible relocation.

"My expectation and my belief is that if we leave Seattle, we're quite likely headed to Oklahoma City," Bennett said. "But that decision has to be made with appropriate due diligence. We have to do that work. Just can't proclaim we're moving here."

He said that when he and his partners first bought the Seattle SuperSonics last summer, he would drive around the Puget Sound area marveling.

"I couldn't get my hands around what good fortune, to have a team in that marketplace with a new facility," said Bennett. "I really thought we would get a deal done. An extraordinary opportunity.

"But lately, I don't have those same feelings."

Bennett said despite last week's news that the Sonics will pick second in the NBA draft, giving them either Greg Oden or Kevin Durant, there has been no momentum on finding a way to build a new arena, which is the key to keeping the team in Seattle.

"For now, without a building solution, it's our intent to play in Seattle and apply for relocation immediately after the [Oct. 31] deadline," Bennett said.

The Oklahoma City group agreed to give Seattle until Oct. 31 to produce an arena deal.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
the city has basically decided to do nothing about getting a new arena, .

That's the key here. He'll revitalize the fan base.

Coogs
06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Its not about Durant coming, the city has basically decided to do nothing about getting a new arena, and this guy bought the Sonics to move them to his hometown. KC would make the most sense with the new Sprint Center and AEG giving a great deal, but I think this guy is bringing them to OKC regardless.

But he is talking with KC, so even if the chance is slim, there is still a chance.